That One Storm

By tehyaraeclark

Ella May Dean did not expect a lot to happen when her cousin Victor invited her up to his space station to he... More

The Job
Discovering
Brooklyn Bridge
The Fantastic Five!
AUTHORS NOTE :
The Baxter Building
Testing
Bonding Time
Short Authors Note
Things Happen
That Was Unexpected
Update
Author making excuses!
Just a Dream
Author Note :HIYA
Loose Ends
Authors Note-Major Apology
Puzzle Pieces
Kidnapped
Kidnapped Part Two
Rescue

Loose Ends Part Two

3.7K 90 7
By tehyaraeclark

         "So where is this warehouse?" Johnny asked as we drove.

          "It's by the docks," I tapped the papers inbetween us on the seat. "Victor keeps a lot of his stuff there."

       "What makes you think he has the camera and all our stuff there?" Johnny asked, reading the papers. I focused on the road, taking one hand off the wheel to sweep my hair over one shoulder.

       "Instinct."

******

        "Your okay with breaking into places right?" I whispered as we crouched behind one of the many surrounding storage boxes near the warehouse.

       "If it's Victor Von Doom's place, then yes." I chuckled, watching the two guards by the warehouse door.

       "Stay here." I said. Moving through the storage boxes, I went to the other side of the guards.

         "Here we go," I whispered to myself. Stepping back, I held out my hands. Feeling the familiar click, I shot a sharp bold of ice at the storage compartment.

         *CRACK*

         Another shot.

         *CRACK*

          Figuring I had caused enough of a distraction, I hid behind the storage bin. I waited until I heard footsteps, and I could hear the guards mumbling.

        ....One...
....Two....
           ......THREE!

        I stepped out from behind the storage unit and kicked the guard firmly in the knee, then a solid hit with my elbow. The other one made to hit me with his rifle, but I leaned to the side, caught his wrist and twisted. I heard a resounding crack and the guy yelled, but I punched him solidly in the temple. He fell silent immediately. I dropped the guys arm, then swept my hair out of my mouth.

       "Whoa."

        I turned to see Johnny standing there, looking stunned. I grinned and grabbed his hand. After glancing around to make sure that there were no other guards, we ran across to the door. Not even pausing, I gave the door a solid kick by the doorknob. It swung open with a groan, and I pulled Johnny inside, then shut the door. My hair started to glow in the dark room and I glared at it.

       "Where did you learn to do that?" Johnny asked as I waited for my eyes to adjust to the light a little more. I blushed.

       "Long story, now!" I turned to the wall. "Find a light switch."

       "Here." Johnny snapped his fingers, and a tiny flame flickered from his thumb. He held it up to the wall, and I quickly located the switch.

        "Holy crap..." The room was full of boxes and containment units, all different sizes.

         "How do we find-" Johnny started, but I cut him off, my hand over his mouth. I pointed to the single guard coming down the metal stairs that led to what looked like a computer room of sorts, and he hadn't seen us yet.

         I motioned for Johnny to follow me, and we slipped behind a set of giant boxes. My leg touched something, and I looked down to see a crowbar. I suppressed a sneaky smile.

      "Anyone there?" The guard called, making his way toward us. I gripped the crowbar with both hands, waiting until the guard was almost to us.

        *CRUNCH*

        I grimaced at the sound of the man's nose breaking into pieces. I made sure he was out before I stepped over him, but paused a few steps away. Turning, I slipped his hand gun from his holster. I deftly slid it under my the back of my shirt, the cold metal pressing against my skin as I tucked it between my jeans and my underwear.

         "You are full of surprises," Johnny commented as we climbed the stairs up to the only other lit room.

       "You'd be surprised." I muttered to myself, sitting down in the chair. Clicking the computer on, I found it showed what and where everything was in the warehouse. I grinned.

        "Jackpot, check it out," I pointed to all the data on the computer. "All the stuff from the mission is in section 20A."

      "What are you kids doing in-" Before I could jump up and knock out the guard, Johnny had already landed a firm punch to the guys jaw. He went flying out of the room and tumbled down the stairs.

       "Nice, hot shot." I complimented, bounding down the stairs. I jumped over the unconscious guard and ran toward the section.

*****

        "How do we open-"

        I hit the lock solidly with the crowbar. It came away with a snap, and I wedged the end inbetween the wood covering and the crate. Pressing with all my upper strength, the wood snapped open with a dull creak.

       "Crowbar's, wonderful things." I said, shoving the rest of the cover off.  I started to dig through the packing peanuts, standing precariously on my tiptoes.

       I yelped as I lost my grip and fell head first into the box. An arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back out. I squeaked as I was set back on my feet, my hands clutching the arm around my waist.

       "You okay?" Johnny asked, suppressing laughter. I hit his shoulder.

         "Not fair, I'm short." I said, smiling despite myself. Johnny just laughed and kissed my cheek.

         Wait what-

         "Found it!" Johnny exclaimed, pulling my camera out. I fist pumped.

         "Yes! But wait, what about the samples?" I groaned and looked back at the box. Sighing, I leaned back over the edge, my lower stomach pressing uncomfortably against the wood.

        "Where are you..." I mumbled, nearly bent in half, my hands shifting through the packing peanuts.

       "Got it!" I said after a few minutes, pulling myself up and out of the box. Looking it over, I saw that it didn't look any different then before.

        "Let's get out of-" I squeaked as the sound of a gun being fired cut me off. I looked around, pulling the gun out, thinking. I looked up and started to shoot out the lights, my aim perfect.

       "Run!" I hissed, slinging the camera around my neck, the samples in one hand the gun in another.

       "Run where?!" Johnny asked, ducking behind a box as more shots rang out. I whipped my head around, looking for an exit.

      "Johnny, flame just the wall!" I said, firing a few shots at the others to keep them distracted. I felt blazing heat hit my back, then it was gone.

      "Now what?" I turned and pressed my hands into the hot metal. It immediately started to freeze over. After a moment I pulled back and hit it hard. Just like I had guessed, it shattered, the thin metal wall giving away to the outside.

       "Get to the car!" I whisper/screamed, tossing him the samples. I shot the rest of the bullets, then stepped though the hole. Concentrating, I iced it over, making sure that no one could immediately follow. When I ran past the way we originally came, I threw an ice bolt at the door, freezing the lock.

       "Ella!" I put on a burst of speed, the keys already in my hand. I slid across the car hood, then jumped into the front seat. Half a minute later there was nothing but tire marks left.

*******************************
Hey guys! How are you? Good I would hope! Here is another chapter, hope you like it! Took me forever to figure it out, but I finally did! I hope that you liked the excitement in the chapter! Were you surprised by Ella and her ability to be a badass? What do you think will happen next? Find out soon! Comment, Vote, and Read On!
Kisses&Hugs
-Ms.Nightowl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.8K 14
Maggie Richards is the brilliant sister of Reed Richards. When she goes to space with her brother, Ben Grimm, Sue Storm, and Johnny Storm, they are h...
36K 1K 24
Y/N Grimm is a very strong, opinionated, intelligent, and sometimes a smart ass, independent woman. Although she is the younger sister of the famous...
27.2K 804 28
~Completed~Jacqueline Richards, Reed Richard's little sister, has grown used to living in the shadow of her genius brother. Maybe that's why she bond...
154K 3.9K 35
The story you all know, but this time there's a new character. Veronica Von Doom is the younger sister of billionaire Victor Von Doom. She helped des...