Cookies & Cuffs

By tea_bag_

"You know most people go to clubs or social gathering to find a date, not a fucking prison." 21 year old Melo... More

Authors Note
The Scars Series
I| "Romeo Romero?"
II| "My gay best friend!"
III| "His pregnant fiancΓ©!"
IV| "I got you a friend!"
V| "You're such a pervert,"
VI| "I'm literally in prison,"
VII| "Don't know her,"
VIII| "You broke Rule No. 2!"
IX| "Complete stranger,"
XI|"Regla nΓΊmero 3!"
XII|"Life really is a bitch, huh?"
XIII|"You're a good person,"
XIV|"Who is Cayden Royce?"
XV|"Enjoy my parting gift,"
XVI|"Oh no, my poor James,"
XVII|"Tank who?"
XVIII|"Cookiessss..."
XIX|"Melody, I'm married."
XX|"I thought you left me,"
XXI|"Melody, stop following him!"
XXII|"Mum and dad are fighting,"
XXIII|"Guys, we've got incoming,"
XXIII.2| "Don't say her name,"
XXIV| "What's his name?"
XXV| "Tragic villain backstory,"
XXVI|"There goes your rule No.4,"
XXXVII| "You joined a gang!"
XXVIII| "I thought we were family,"
XXXIX| "It's about to rain."
IX | "The family business,"
Thank You

X| Cayden's science experiment

9.9K 379 39
By tea_bag_

Melody

"Cayden! You can't just go threw my stuff like that, that was literally rule No.1!" I scold, closing the drawer he opened.

He leans against the counter opposite me, narrowing his eyes at me, "it's a cabinet, in the kitchen..."

"Yeah, and it's mine!" I fold my arms, leaning against the drawer.

He shrugs, clearly not getting it, "But it has food and by the looks of it, good food,"

I sighed, "it's off-limits and there's good food-"

He takes a step closer, "please, if you're talking about those cupcakes...I thought you owned a bakery?"

I roll my eyes at him, "they were part of the scarp party,"

He hums, "yeah, I could tell," he gets off the counter and walks out the kitchen, okay I feel kinda bad now...Why do I feel bad? God, stupid guilty conscience

"Erm..do you want to eat anything? Want me to make anything?" I called out, following after him.

"What?" He asks, siting one the couch, reaching forward to grab the remote.

"I mean I could bake something? What do you like?" I asked, watching as he kept changing the channel.

He finally stops, settling on watching some cartoon, I thought he was in a gang...do gang people watch cartoons?

He turns towards me, "Well let's see, I think it'll be easier to list things I don't like,"

I shake my head, holding my hand forward, promoting him to continue, let's hear this.

The next thing that came out of his mouth, caused me to literally get up and walk away,

"Sweet things," he said, like how dare he??

"Are you coming back?" He asks, turning his head around to face me, I was standing next to the door, shaking my head at him.

"Okay why?! Do you have diabetes, because that's reasonable, actually then again I've seen people that have diabetes, treat themselves once in a while so..." I questioned, my hands waving around frantically.

He has an amused look on his face and raises a brow at me, "I don't really have a sweet tooth, I guess the only sweet thing I like is...yeah I can't think of anything," he shakes his head,

"Get up, let's go," I say,

He looks at me confused, "okay... Are you kicking me out because I don't like sweets? Because in that case-"

"No, we're going to the kitchen," I sigh, walking out the room and back to the kitchen, I walk towards the cabinet, waiting for Cayden.

"Alright I'm here," he stands in the entrance of the kitchen, waiting for me to continue, whatever I was going to do.

"Let's do this, we're going to bake your very own personal cupcakes!" I cheer, teaching into the top cabinets to grab all the main ingredients, placing them on the middle counter.

He seems interested or maybe just curious because he walks around to stand beside me, going through the ingredients.

I decide to get a few random things out, I mean who knows maybe he wants some pepper in his cake.

"So is there anything, that you like, maybe a fruit?" I ask, opening the fridge, okay options are limited because apparently I only have like one fruit...

Cayden doesn't seem to notice and answers the question, "well, I guess blackberries are alright,"

I turn around with a half banana in my hand, "we only have a banana...and it's not even whole," Cayden gives me blank look, I smile back at him and throw the banana back in the fridge, "scratch the fruit idea,"

Closing the fridge, I get the rest of the stuff out from the cabinets, "let's put the basic stuff in first yeah and then we can add to it,"

"Could you get the butter, please," I say while getting the hand mixer out.

"So what first?" Cayden asks, putting the butter down on the counter, we both stood in the middle with the bowl in front of us and the table scattered with ingredients.

"First we need to mix 110g of butter and sugar together, you wanna?" I hold out the hand mixer for him to hold and weigh out the butter, adding it onto the bowl.

I was about to do the same with sugar when Cayden stops me, "Don't put too much sugar in,"

I stared at him, "Cayden, you can't just- actually it's fine, it is your cupcake," giving up I decided to jokingly add a pinch of sugar.

"That's perfect," he comments, mixing the butter and none existent sugar together.

"I was joking...Do you want salt instead?" I rolled my eyes, about to grab the eggs,

"That doesn't sound that bad, put some salt in," he says, looking excited, once again sighing, I grab the salt, putting a pinch in, but he points me to put some more in so I add another pinch, clearly he wanted more,

"No that's enough, Cayden this isn't a science experiment, next 2 eggs," I break an egg into the bowl, giving one to Cayden to break, this causes him to smile for some reason, but I just decide to ignore it and move to the next step.

I add the flour, letting Cayden mix that together and was about to add the vanilla extra when he stops me, "what's that?" he tries reading the label, that was covered by my hand.

I show him the label, "It's just vanilla extract,"

He looks suspicious as he shakes his head, "no don't add that, it looks sweet,"

Holding my laugh in I put the extract down, time for the crazy bit "okay now the basic stuff's in, what do you wanna add?"

A smirk appears on his face as he looks down at the ingredients, scanning through them for something interesting, oh god, what is he thinking...

"Are you serious?" I ask as he grabs the pepper, sprinkling some onto the mixture, completely ignoring me. Deep breaths.

He walks to the fridge and opens it, once again scanning through it, I watch as he picks out the half banana, a lemon, sour yoghurt, wait a lemon!

He dumps his picking onto the counter, walking back to close the fridge, as I stared at his ingredients.

"You're not taking this seriously," I frown, narrowing my eyes at him.

He looks offended as he turns to me, "yes I am," I watch as he adds bits of the ingredients onto the mixture, mixing before he adds another.

After he's done he looks up, "I can't find anything else but the last thing I'd like to add is some alcohol, do you have any?"

I give him a blank, "I don't drink," I lied, he narrows his eyes at me, clearly not believing me, I challenge back, raising a brow at me.

"Can you at least draw me a beer then?" He teases, amusement all over his face.

I shake my head, "you're not adding paper to the mixture and I think there's some beer in that cabinet," I point, giving up.

He nods, walking away, as I start cleaning up slowly, I turn around to put the measuring cups in the sink, only to find Cayden pouring out a whole beer into the mixture.

"Cayden! What are you doing?!" I yelled, holding his wrist to stop him, "you can't put that much in, it's only a small mixture," I look up to find an evil smile on his face, god! He's like an evil baking devil.

I shake my head at him, taking the beer of him, "finish mixing that," I grab the baking tray, laying out cupcake cases onto each whole.

"Okay grab a spoon and put equal amounts into each holder," I pass Cayden a spoon, watching him as he does, he clearly doesn't have steady hands because the mixtures literally going everywhere, but I let him finish.

"Now it goes in the oven, to die hopefully," saying the last bit quietly, as I grab the tray, putting it inside the warm oven. Die.

"Great, now it's time to clean up," I clap my hands together, turning around to Cayden who was staring at the messy counter, I could tell his brain was looking for excuses to escape, "no, you're not escaping, you made this mess, so you'll also help cleaning it,"

.

.

We both stood beside each other, in front of the now clean counter, waiting for the timer to ding.

"Shall we give some to Mrs Verm?" Cayden voices out, breaking the silence.

I give him a confused look, "sure if you're trying to kill her,"

I notice a slight smirk appear on his face, "sounds like a plan,"

"Cayden no!" I slap his arm, just as the timer dings, I quickly run towards the oven, grabbing the gloves.

"It doesn't smell that bad..." I hear Cayden comment behind me as I open the oven, the smell of fresh cupcakes now stronger in the kitchen, it could be worse.

"Alright, here it is," I say, placing the tray on top of the wire rack that was placed on the counter.

Cayden stares at the cupcakes, tilting his head to the side, he pokes one, "I mean, it could be worse right..."

"We haven't even tasted it, so who knows," I grimace at the idea, putting the gloves to the side, god help us, "okay let it cool down a little,"

After waiting 5 minutes, we gave up waiting, "you go first," I say, taking out a cupcake and holding it out to him.

He narrows his eyes at me, taking the cupcake, "same time?"

I sigh, picking up a cupcake, "okay here goes nothing...3, 2... 1!" I take a bite of the cupcake while looking at Cayden, making sure he's doing the same, luckily he didn't betray me.

My eyes widen as a sour expression fills my face, but Cayden's stays neutral, "Cayden! Did you add more salt?!" I put the cupcake down and grab a water bottle from the fridge, downing half of it down, hoping it'll take away the bitter taste.

"Maybe," he shrugs, taking the water bottle from me and downing the rest,

I shake my head at him, "Cayden's science experiment can join the scrap party, actually more like the trash party,"

He gives me a slight smile, "it's not that bad... Maybe even worthy enough for the menu,"

"Cayden, no."

- Authors Note -

Hey guys, here's another update for you all, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter Also please don't try this recipe at home...

Thank you guys for reading, commenting or voting.💕

Stay safe guys😷💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4.9K 58
What would you do if your life turned to complete and utter shit after just one day? Would you breakdown and pray someone held you together? What if...
3.6K 125 42
Adrienne, age 19 might not be the perfect daughter her mother wants her to be. She trains just as hard as her brother but never gets the privilege of...
2M 53.5K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
92.4K 2.2K 63
Book 2 Of The Corrupt Me Series 18+!! "He gives her roses for his love...but she burns them with hate" Cyrus Winter A cold-hearted 18-year-old who sw...