Abandoned

By NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 9: Rejected

46.4K 891 63
By NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

A stray of sunlight that passes through the uncovered part of the window shined directly at my face. I tried to move my hands to cover my face from that, but I can't. I continuously shook my hands but it still doesn't budge. I wondered why I couldn't move my arms. I slowly opened my eyes. Still in the lullaby mood. I was met by a hard solid body. I didn't care much and just buried my face at the pillow. But then, my eyes shot open. Sleeping Chris is in front of me. I vigorously shake myself and shrieked, causing Chris to wake up and fall back to the floor.

"Argh! What the fuck?" Chris growled while rubbing his head.

"Why you sleep together with me?!" I shouted back. My heart still pounding wildly against my chest. Chris looked at me as if I told him the earth is flat. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Well... Last time I checked, we're married, Mrs. Cortes." He said to me seductively. Oh yeah.. I forgot. My face started to flush in embarrassment.

"I'm such a dumbass." I scolded myself. I heard him laughed. I threw a pillow at him as I was too embarrassed. His laugh stopped. His eyes darkened in a weird way. It shows that he is happy instead of being angry. Hmm.. What's up with his mood swings? Suddenly, he get up and plunged himself on the bed. Without warning, his arms wrapped around my waist, pinning me down. He then get on top of me with our legs tangled together and his arms trapped my arms so I couldn't escape. And didn't I say his face is really close to me?

"You are my dumbass. A cute dumbass." He whispered in my ear, causing my breaths turned into pants. Oh god. What have he done to me? He then nibbled my ear and trailed down to my neck. I gasped at his action. He then starts sucking and kissing my neck, hard. So hard that it might leave a mark.

"Chris.." I moaned his name. I could sense him smiling. He brings himself up and looked at me with a hungry look. He then looked at my lips, the way he asked for permission. I replied him by closing my eyes. One of his hands snaked around my waist and caused me to flinch. He stroked my cheek and the next thing I know that his lips met mine. He licked the bottom of my lips, asking for entrance. I granted it as I want to taste him so bad. I could feel his hands playing the rim of my underwear. Since I'm not wearing any pants except one of my t-shirts, it's easy for him to get rid of my clothes. As he was about to take off my underwear, the doorbell rang. I broke the kiss.

"Chris, get off. We have to answer the door." I pleaded him as he won't stop. I heard him growled. He get off from me and zipped his pants. I didn't realized he already unzipped his pants. Wow, he's good at multi-tasking. He helped me get up from bed and straighten my shirt.

"Let's open the door together.. 'Cause it's strange to have someone ringing the doorbell at this hour." Chris said while intertwined my hand with his. I just nodded and follow him to the front door. When we are walking towards the door, I openly checked him out. Especially his back. It's so hot to see my husband in good shape. Yup, he's not wearing any upper clothing.

"I can sense you checking on me." He said, causing me going back to reality. My face started to flush again. He just chuckled before opening the door. When he opened the door, I was shocked to see his parents here. Oh no. They hate me! I try to run but Chris squeeze my hand and pulled me towards him. I have no choice. I hid myself behind him as I was too scared.

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here? Do you need anything?" Chris started, breaking the silence.

"We're here to talk to you about our family event that going to happen next Friday. But, we are not going to discuss it if the whore behind you is still here." Angelica shows her bad side again. I was speechless. How come I can't fight back? I violently let go of Chris' hand and went to our room, slamming the door behind me afterwards. I rushed into the bathroom, turned on the shower and cried my heart out under the cold shower. Why? Why do I have to experience this pain? This agony... I just hoped that Chris will still side with me or else I have no one.

*Chris' POV*

After Melissa went into our room, blood inside me boiled to show that I'm angry with what my mom said to her. My hands were balled up into fists and is ready to punch something. I closed my eyes and then asked my mom in quiet anger, "why did you do that, mom?"

She hesitated. She was speechless as maybe she is shocked to hear my voice is too rough and hoarse. She stammered, "I-I.."

I couldn't take it. I blurted out, "why did you do it, mom? Don't you know she have feelings? I can't believe that my mom accept Natalie but not her. What the hell!"

But then I was received a slap from my dad. He then shouted at me. "Watch your tone when you speak to your mom. Well, that bitch you married to deserve it! You just married her because you feel sorry for her and also she's carry your heir which may not be true! Please understand that!"

"Yeah right. We already took the DNA test together, Will. News flash, the baby turned out to be my child and I'm proud to be a successful father unlike you. You married my mom so that you can get our money, but guess what if we didn't accept you from the streets, you will stay poor. Forever! So be thankful!" I fought back, feeling proud on everything I said especially the part when 'I'm proud to be a dad'.

I could see Will's face turned red with anger. His eyebrows furrowed while glaring at me. Within seconds, a fight might happened between me and my stepdad. I hate him since day one when my mom married him without knowing he just married for money. Luckily he changed to be a better person after he was accused for stealing my company's money. But his attitude doesn't. The staring contest was interrupted by my mom defending him... Still. Oh my god!

"Christopher! You better watch your mouth. Even though he is not your real dad, at least resp-" Her talking was stopped by me yelling at them, "Get out!"

Both of them looked at me, wide-eyed. "What? You can't do this to us! We are your parents. That phrase supposed to be shouted at that bitch in your room instead of us!" From there I really couldn't take it.

"First of all, Will is not my dad. Secondly, this house belongs to me and the girl that I love the most. Lastly, I don't see y'all as my parents anymore if you both doesn't accept Melissa. So now get out before I push you out and slammed the front door right in front of your face." I retorted at them. I never felt this anger in my life. And I'm shocked myself.

"But.." My mom still wants to fight back. I sighed. I pushed them out and closed the front door loudly, leaving echo around the house. I then locked the door and rested my forehead against the door. I dragged myself down and bring my knees closer and hugged them. What have I just said to them? I swore loudly. A tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and sobbed. I'm sorry dad if you see this... I just miss you so bad.

-Melissa's POV-

The screaming and shouting from outside really scares me. I quickly packed my suitcases, trying to ignore the shouting even though it makes me flinch every single time they started to fight back and forth. This is all my fault. They fought because of me. They could have been a happy family if I didn't show up in their rich world. Suddenly, the shouting from outside stops after I heard a very loud banging sound. I wanted to go outside but I was too scared to face Chris' parents so I decided to stay inside, packing. I really couldn't take any more pressure, leaving me at least a headache every time. Worst, nose bleed.

Bile rose in the back of my throat as I heard a knock on our bedroom door. I just stood there, rooted to the ground. Then I heard someone calling my name from outside. I know that voice. It's Chris'. But I'm still too scared to open the door.

"Melissa.. Please open the door." He pleaded.

"Just, just go away! I don't want to see your parents." I shouted back while slowly approaching the door.

"They're not here. I throw them out. Please baby, just open the door." Oh no. He knows my weakness. I hate it when he called me 'baby' as I will always fall for it. But not this time!

"Leave me alone!" Man, I'm such a stubborn one. The knocking gets louder. I jumped with a start when I heard the noise. I quickly went towards the bed as I'm too scared if he managed to open the door even though it's locked.

"Mel, just open the goddamn door! They're really not here! Why didn't you trust me?" His voice is really rough and harsh. And from there, I know he is really angry. I could even picture his face right now.

Suddenly, I could feel him trying to open the door. Instead of knocking, he kicked.. Hard. I was cold with fear when the kicking starts. I know that he will tackle me down by the time he get the door opened. Within seconds, the door opened. Chris' angry face were shown. My heart almost stopped beating. Terror held me like a vice-like grip. His face.. Just, oh my god. It's too scary. His face was contorted with rage and fury. He was like a bull in a china shop. He then slowly advanced towards me. I keep on stumbling backwards, trying to start away from him. He was fast. He grabbed my wrists and bring me closer to him. I looked down as I was frightened to see his angry face. Chris pulled my chin up so that I face him. I closed my eyes as I was too stubborn to see his face.

"Open your eyes, Melissa. I'm the only one here." He whispered while stroking my cheek. I melted to his hand and slowly opened my eyes. His eyes softened. His eyes shows sadness, anger and concern. I couldn't take it and cried my heart out again. I automatically buried my face against his chest. I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back and stroked my back, which calm me down. Man, he really know how to calm a girl down.

Suddenly he pulled away from me. He turned his attention to my packed suitcases. He gave me a look. And I know that look really well. He is waiting for an explanation. I looked down and said quietly, "I just couldn't take it. I know you're better without me.. I'm sorry Chris, but I'm leaving. It's for the best." A tear starts to roll down my cheek again.

"You are not leaving me, Melissa. The baby needs to see his or her father in the future. I would die if you leave me alone here. I can't accept this, baby. Just stay with me, okay?" He said. I could sense sadness in his words. He grabbed my hands and placed it on his chest where the heart is located. I looked very pleased when his heart beats really fast because of me. I assuringly smiled at him to show him that I agree to stay with him. He then smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm gotta leave you alone for you to calm down a little, alright? If you need anything, just knock on my office door." Chris said before he left the room. I sighed and collapsed in exhaustion on our big bed. I really need a rest from everything that happened the past few days.

Suddenly, my phone rang loudly. I growled as I was about to have a short nap. I looked at the caller ID - Olivia. Why does she called me at this hour? She is supposed to be at school, right? I quickly picked up my phone before it disturb Chris working next door.

"Are you supposed to be at school now?" I said by the time I answered.

"Mel, this is really not a good time for jokes." Olivia replied panicky. What's going on? Why is she kinda scared? Is there something wrong? Thousand of questions were on my head. I don't feel good.

"What do you mean? What happened? Is everything all right?" I asked her.

"Your.. Your dad." She managed to say out even though she is sobbing. Oh no.. Why does she bring up about my dad? What does he do this time?

"My dad?"

"He's in the hospital. I'm not in school 'cause every family member of mine is here, in St. Louis." She explained. My dad? In the hospital? What? How? I was dealt with a big blow when I heard that.

"I-I can't meet him.. He hates me! If I'm there, he would kick me out, like last time." I try to hold back my tears.

"What are you thinking? He is your father! No matter what, you will always be there for him as he already have no one but you. So just get your ass here!" Olivia scolded me. I just nodded even though she can't see me.

I took a deep breath. "I'll be there."

I hung up and picked up the suitcases that I was supposed to unpack it back. I didn't even bothered telling Chris where I'm going. I opened our bedroom door and closed it quietly as I don't want Chris to hear me leave. I tiptoed my way towards the front door. Luckily he is not in the living room. I instantly opened the front door and pressed the elevator button. I pressed the button leading to the garage. I get into one of my car and sped off towards the airport, leaving Chris alone.

It's time to meet my dad again.. I hope he accepts me, still.

--------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter but hey, at least I update it for y'all :) haha, seriously don't kill me! Hah. Anyways, I already planned for chapter 10 so I guess I'm doing it right now after I post this. So make sure you vote, comment and follow me for more updates ;)

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
57 0 8
Note : If you're not into gpreader who makes the wrong decisions. Don't read this. Save yourself from stress. This is ocreader so if you Don't like t...