Heart beats

By Don_is01

Life gave its worse side to Luna all at once, having to deal with her fathers failing health and their financ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's note.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's note!
Chapter 22
Chapter 24

Chapter 23

4.2K 162 29
By Don_is01

Hiiiii. 😂 I feel kinda scared cos I haven't updated in ages. Please don't get mad at me. I am so sorry y'all. 🙏
These are some trying times, but Gods got us.
Enjoy!

*Luna*

Today has been really hectic for me. Which day hasn't? If you think its easy to start up a business, you're dumb.

I've been working my ass out to ensure everything comes out perfect, if not perfect, then close to it. Jamari has been so supportive, he's the best. I just love that man. Right now, the tables and chairs Jamari and I chose to order arrived and they're tryna fix them and put them in place.

"Water?"
Luna turned on hearing the voice of Jamari's new personal assistant. She was a decent lady. Really nice and only about her job. Sometimes I feel like she's my personal assistant cos she caters to me more than her boss and I am not even complaining.

"Yes please. Thanks Kira." Luna gulped down the content of the bottle faster than she expected. She was dehydrated.

"Where's Jamari? "

"He couldn't make it. There was this meeting that was set up just as we were about to come over." Kira let Luna know.

Luna couldn't help it that her curiosity antennas rose up. She searched her mind for any possibility of knowing who and why that meeting just popped outta nowhere. But asides being a basketball player, Jamari was also a very good business man.

"Do you know what it was for exactly? "

Kira shook her head while taking a look around.

"She didn't set up an appointment, she said she was a friend and Mr. Carter would be very much interested in what she had to show him-"

"She?" A lot began to run through Luna's mind. She was sure she knew all Jamari's friends. Right? He didn't keep much friends. Alright she shouldn't be thinking like that. Jamari is very loyal and sincere to her. She had nothing to be worried about.

"He better come take me to lunch for not coming" she murmured, earning a chuckle from Kira as they went to join the other workers.

After over three hours of working, the restaurant had taken shape. It was gorgeous. A dream come true. Just a few more touches, hiring and all that, then she could open! After having a tasting and opening party of course. The girls were supposed to come help her but only Tania could make it. Pam called in sick. She's been sick for a few days now, so Luna made sure she'd drop by in the evening to check up on her best friend.

"I'm so exhausted. And I have this test tomorrow" Tania groaned, leaning on Luna like a child.

"Move you big baby. I am not Rameek"

"Keep my mans name outta your mouth girl"

They talked about a lot until Rameek called Tania to come pick him up and take him out for lunch. Their relationship was a joke, and was a very amazing one.

"Wanna join us sis?" Tania asked getting into her car.

"Nah. Jah's supposed to take me out for lunch. I mean that's what I demanded of him through the text I sent hours ago. And I told Kira to remind him, since she was heading back. He hasn't replied, neither has he answered my calls-"

"Calm down Lu. I'm sure he's just a little busy, you know how he runs around like a kid to ensure your needs are met"

Luna blushed at Tania's statement. It was true. Jamari always made sure she was happy.

"You're right. I should take him lunch instead. He already does so much for me. Alright go meet your man and I'd go meet mine. Love you girl"

"Love you right back sis!" Tania said before speeding off.

Luna was now on her way to Jamari's office, with lots of food for her man. She was excited to see him.
Driving into his private parking lot, she parked beside his car.
After grabbing the bags of food she headed for his office.

It felt like forever in the elevator before she reached his office floor.

"Hey Kira"

"Oh hey! I didn't know you were coming over" Kira said, typing away on her computer.

"Yeah it was a last minute decision. Is he in? " she asked pointing towards his office door.

"Yeah. He just didn't wanna see anyone. But sure he'd love to see you." Kira smiled politely.

Luna returned the smile before knocking lightly on his door.

"What"

His baritone, husky voice sounded rather irritated. So Luna let herself in instead.

"Well hello to you to Jah. Didn't you get my text, my calls? What's up with the attitude."

He looked at her with a mug, before focusing back on the paper work he was handling.

"I got em. I was busy Luna"

He responded lowly. Wow. So much for wanting to have lunch with him.

"You've got an attitude." Luna said walking towards him, dropping the food on his desk obnoxiously, causing a loud noise on purpose.

"I don't. Can you take your stuff off my desk please, don't mess that file up." He pushed the leather off a brown paper, which he placed in a drawer.

"Okay what the hell is stuck in your ass cos I'm confused. You were supposed to come over to help and support me as we progressed on putting the restaurant together today, you didn't show up. I text you to have lunch with me, you completely ignore me after your grumpy ass saw them, I decide to ignore that and bring your bitch ass lunch and you wanna treat me this way! What is wrong Jamari!?" Luna was so angry she really wanted to smack Jamari so bad.

But she chose to be patient, for a few more seconds. If his explanation is valid.

*Jamari*

Jamari put his desk in order after leaving a meeting. He was venturing into businesses of his own, not wanting anything from his dad. Well he was profiting from his dads company as a major share holder, but, he just didn't want his dad to have that much hold on him anymore.

He wanted to be free mentally and other wise. He's been on a good path since getting with Luna. Somehow she brought him healing. And gave him peace of mind. When she's not on her period of course.

"Kira, I got anything more to do today? "

I asked my assistant.

"No sir none."

"Aiit" I nodded and begun getting ready to go meet Luna.

"Uhm sir..."

I loomed up to see Kira poking her head into my office.

"Is there a problem? "

"There's someone here that insists on seeing you."

Scrunching his brows, Jamari wondered if he might have told someone to meet him today. He didn't recall.

"Who's that? "

"Jamari its me..."

His jaws clenched as he recognized that irritating voice. She's got some guts for real.

"I have things to do. You've got some guts coming here Janice." He scoffed as he watched her waltz her way into his office. She took a quick glance around, smirking.

"You always got mad taste for stuff. This office is everything."

"Aiit, tours over get out of my office"

Janice scoffed and rolled her eyes before taking her sit on his plush sofa.

"You know you mentally demented for real." He said, letting out a bitter chuckle. "You fucking bitch should be nowhere close to me. And speaking of being close, you seem to be following me and mine these days. Don't you got old dick to hop on or something?"

"Fuck you Jamari. Don't disrespect me. I don't got time to keep tabs on you and that little pet of-"

"I dare you. Finish that statement"

Jamari gave her a glare she was very familiar with. It frightened her.

"Whatever" she murmured.
Jamari chuckled and walked towards her grabbing her arm and pulling her up.

"Times up. Get out."

"Get your fucking hands off me Jamari! Let me fucking go" she snatched her arm from his grip and tried swinging on him.

"I'd off you right here Janice, I ain't scared of shit, just don't you dare put your hands on me! "

"Sir" Kira knocked from the other side of the door. She hadn't heard the spat going on cos she headed out for a bit.

"Kira just go. I'd contact Luna."

"Okay sir" with that Kira left.

"Look Janice. You're nothing but bad news. I'm over it, you do you and leave me the fuck alone. I got a good girl to love, I don't want your bullshit near us. You got a walking money bag now right. I mean that's what you wanted. I'm done being bitter about your devil like ways. I'm fucking over it, you have no good intentions-"

"Even if it has to do with me finding out the truth behind your mothers death?" Janice dropped a bomb, catching Jamari totally off guard.

"What did you just say" he whispered as his jaw clenched.

"Look Jamari. I know I've done a lot of bad stuff to you in the past but please hear me out. I don't wanna hurt you again baby." She reached out to touch him but he pushed her hand away, fast.

"I deserve that. I've got some lil info from your dad concerning your moms death. There's more to the story Jamari. I think your dad has his hands in it."

"Why you gon snitch on your husband? Do I look stupid to you?!"

"No! Its cos he has hurt you bad Jah, I have hurt you bad"

"Don't call me that" she warned her, eyeing her with so much disgust.

"I know you always wanted to know more about your mom and how she passed, now is your chance Jamari. Just trust me on this one. Please "

Jamari rubbed on his temple as a headache began setting in. He felt a lot of emotions at the mention of his mom. Worse his stupid ex is here tryna tell him that his mom must have been murdered. And his dead beat father might have something to do with it.

"You're a master manipulator and liar Janice. I don't trust you. Get out of my office."

Janice held his glare as he dismissed her. She showed no emotions on her face.

Clearing her throat, Janice dug out a brown file from her bag.

"I think this will clear your doubts. My number is in the file also. Call me when you make the right decision." And with that she put on her shades and walked out of his office. She could crack her pelvic with how hard she was trying with her hip movement.

Jamari stared at the file. He felt very uneasy. Taking his seat, his hands fumbled with the opening of the file. He was hesitant. He was scared that it'd all turn out to be true.
But he didn't know what was in the file. Perhaps some type of evidence.
But he still didn't trust Janice one bit.

Taking in a deep breath, he finally summoned courage to open it.
It was a piece of paper. It had a dirty brown color due to how old it was.
It was torn out of a book.

I feel like I'm in so much danger
I'm not happy and I'm scared. I'm
Pregnant for Gods sake. Why can't .
he just show me love instead of
threatening my life. I'm scared, but
I have to be strong for my baby boy
Everything has to be done with him
In consideration. I love him so much
already.

Jamari didn't realize a tear had rolled down his eyes. He felt a painful feeling in his chest. He took in deep breaths to keep himself calm. He felt a different kind of heartbreak.

Rushing into the bathroom attached to his office, Jamari cried as he poured some water on his face. So much emotions, he just couldn't deal with it.

Janice is probably fucking with his mind, but this piece of paper was too real. He needed answers.
He felt so lost.

"Mom" he whispered as he closed his eyes. Knowing she loved him so much make him wanna cry again. But he fought against doing just that.

Wait. He doubted again. Why would Janice wanna help him all of a sudden? That girls was always up to no good. He despised her.
But then this could really be true. Maybe Janice was also scared of his father. He despised his father too. But his father never seemed like the type to murder someone worse a woman he loved.

Alright, this was too much for Jamari right now. He was gonna shove everything to the back of his mind before he loses his shit.

He got behind his desk and sunk himself in work. Anything to distract him right now. Most of all, he wanted to be alone.

--

"What" he asked with so much annoyance in his voice.
In walked Luna, with a plastic bag. I could smell the food from here, but honestly, I didn't wanna eat.

"Well hello to you Jah. Didn't you get my texts, my calls? And whats up with the attitude? "

I looked at her, taking in her beauty, before focusing back on what I was doing. He did get her text messages and calls. But he wasn't in the right state of mind to answer any of them. He was really going through it.

"I got em. I was busy Luna"

Their conversation became heated as Luna was loosing it. He was sure she was going to smack him any minute now.

"I'm sorry Luna. I'm just... I'm just really not in the mood right now, you know. Its a lot going on." He rubbed down his face feeling overwhelmed all over again.

He felt Luna's arms wrap around his shoulders, causing him to pull her to himself and bury his face on her stomach.

She rubbed through his scalp and he knew there were lots of questions on her mind.

"What's the matter baby? Talk to me"
She asked softly.

"I..." He sighed and hugged her tighter as he felt himself get emotional again. He decided not to speak, so that he doesn't burst into tears again.

It was as if Luna could feel how distraught he was. She kissed him on his forehead multiple times.

"I got some info concerning my mom. Its a lot to handle" he whispered loud enough to her hearing.

"Aww my baby. Shh, calm down. Lulu's here for you." She rose his head up to look into his eyes.

He loved how she loved him. It was everything. He could see it through her eyes.

"I'm really skeptical about it. And scared. Cos it came from an off source."

"Who baby?"

He thought before speaking. He hoped Luna wouldn't flip when she hears that Janice was here, considering how much she detested her.

He cleared his throat nervously, holding on to Luna's waist tighter.

"Uhm...Janice?"

"The fuck!" She pushed his head getting away from him.

"What the hell was she doing here Jamari. Don't play with me!" He watched her nose turn pink to show she was angry for real.

"Calm down mami. I'd explain everything later. Please" he begged while pulling her back to him. He really wasn't up for an argument. Not right now. He just wanted to feel his woman close.

Luna decided to wait. He was definitely gonna give her a proper explanation. Janice was one stupid human being.

"Alright. Only because I love you"

"Let's go home" he whispered.

"You mean your house." She smartly replied.

"You know you live there now. Just need to bring the few stuff remaining in your apartment. Cos I recall you share my closet with me now."
She giggled cos it was true.

"Alright boo. Let's go home. Where we'd have this very important pending conversation ."

More drama coming your way like a freaking tornado. We're about to swim in some dangerous waters. You know love is nothing without war.
Comment! Comment! Comment!
And of course vote. Thanks guys❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 5.8K 53
Mea Savanna, strong, caring and bold. Dropping out of college wasn't in her to do list but after her mother's death; everything went down hell. She d...
5.2K 215 39
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
235K 16.4K 72
Celebrity life wasn't always peaches and cream with chocolate syrup on top. It was a nightmare, especially if you were the child of a celebrity. That...
3.5K 100 10
"Taking shots to keep me ready for this pain I'm sharin...✨" After senior year, Jace and some of his teammates head off to college at UCLA, still enj...