Mistakenly Mine

By KejsiK11

Skyler is a 7 year old girl who is raised by her uncles after her mother died giving birth to her. Her father... More

Introduction
Flashback
7 years later
Taken
Sleep Isn't Sleep Anymore
Katerina
The sacrifice
By the light of the moon
The descent
Daddy issues
Crying Wolf
The dinner party
The Last Dance
Klaus
Daddy
The Sun Also Rises
As I lay dying
Ice cream
Silently
I promise
The birthday
The hybrid
The Reckoning
A day with daddy
Smells like teen spirit
Who do you love more?
Homecoming
Book 2?
Votes: I do or I don't?
Sneak Peak
Update
Rewritten!!! Read it.

The end of the affair

7.1K 130 37
By KejsiK11

Chicago

Klaus and Stefan get out of a car. Sky is holding Klaus's hand.

Klaus: Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan.
Stefan: What are we doing here?
Klaus: I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?
Stefan: Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur.
Klaus: Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend.

A few minutes later...

Klaus: Chicago was magical.
Stefan: Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it.
Klaus: Going to get down to business, then?
Stefan: Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?Klaus: We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her.

Klaus walks over to the car door which is being held open by one of his minions.

Gloria's Bar

Klaus, Sky and Stefan enter the bar. It's  quiet and empty.

Klaus: Looks familiar, doesn't it?Stefan: I can't believe this place is still here.
Gloria: You got to be kidding me.

Klaus smiles.

Klaus: So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender...
Gloria: Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny.

Sky giggles.

Sky: She is funny.
Gloria: Of course I am sweetheart.

She looks at Stefan.

Gloria: I remember you.
Stefan: Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be...
Gloria: Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?
Klaus: Gloria's a very powerful witch.
Gloria: I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day.
Klaus: Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?
Stefan: Yeah, sure thing.

He goes to the bar. Klaus looks at Gloria.

Klaus: You look ravishing, by the way.
Gloria: Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels.
Klaus: So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse.

Stefan is using his super hearing to eavesdrop.

Gloria: Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it.
Klaus: Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead.
Gloria: I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah.

Stefan notices a photo on the wall and pulls it off to look at it.

Klaus: Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied.
Gloria: She has what I need. Bring her to me.

Stefan looks up from the photo.

Stefan: What is this?
Klaus: Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place.
Stefan: But this is me. With you.

He shows him the picture. It's a picture of Stefan with his arm around Klaus's shoulders in the 1920s.

Chicago

Stefan and Klaus are walking in a warehouse. Stefan is still holding the photo while Klaus is holding Sky in his arms.

Stefan: This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?
Klaus: You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes.
Stefan: No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?
Klaus: I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait.
Stefan: What the hell is going on? Answer me.
Klaus: Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you.

Moments later...

Stefan: Your sister. So I knew another Original vampire.
Klaus: If you can't handle it, then don't ask. [To Sky] Close your eyes love till I tell you to open them.

Sky nodded.
K

laus walks over to a number of coffins which contain Original vampires. Klaus opens one. Rebekah is lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. He smiles and gently touches her face.

Stefan: I don't recognize her.

Klaus: Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine.

He pulls the dagger out of her chest.

Klaus: Time to wake up, little sister. Any day now, Rebekah.

She's still lying there dead. He looks at Stefan.

Klaus: She's being dramatic.

Stefan: Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?
Klaus: Well, you have many useful talents.
Stefan: Do I?
Klaus: In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you.

Back in the warehouse Klaus is walking towards the exit with Stefan following behind.

Klaus:[To Sky] Open your eyes love. [To Stefan] I was your number one fan.

Stefan: Why should I believe any of this?

Klaus stops in front of a guardman and compels him.

Klaus: When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die.

The guardman nods.

Stefan: Where are you going?

Klaus: You think I'm lying, Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you.
Stefan: How?
Klaus: We're going to your old apartment.

Stefan's Old Apartment

Elena is reading Stefan's diary on his bed. We hear Stefan reading the words.

Stefan: April, 1922. Lexi found me last night. Dragged me off the train tracks. Thinks she can make me care again.

She turns the pages.

Stefan: June, 1924. Lexi's driving me crazy. More animal blood, more misery.

She turns the pages again.

Stefan: 1935. Cravings are there, but it's easier. Lexi's on to her next project: getting me to laugh.

She jumps when she hears Klaus and Stefan coming. She's surprised. Klaus sees that the lock has been broken. He kicks the door and they enter.

Klaus: What a charming little homestead. Do you feel that? Is anybody here?

Elena is in the hidden room.

Stefan: It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time. Why'd you bring me here?
Klaus: Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood...I never could figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual.

Elena looks at the list and sees Liam Grant's name.

Stefan: To write it down.
Klaus: And relive the kill...over and over again.

He opens the hidden door.

Klaus: You believe me now?

Stefan enters the closet to see the list. He turns his head and is surprised to see Elena. She looks at him, with hope. Stefan stands motionless looking at her. Klaus walks back into the apartment.

Stefan: Look what I found.

Elena is scared but Stefan takes a bottle and gives it to Klaus. She's relieved.

Stefan: 1918. Single malt.

Stefan stands in the doorway of the secret room.

Klaus: My favorite. Let's go and find someone to pair it with.

Stefan closes the closet.

Stefan: Is Sky sleeping?

Klaus gives Sky a look.

Klaus: Yes, she is. This girl, sure does sleep a lot, don't you think?

Stefan chuckles.

Stefan: Yes, she does, but she looks like an angel when she does.
Klaus: True.

Later, Elena is hiding ready behind a wall with a vervain dart in her hand. She hears someone coming but it's Damon.

Elena: Finally! I called you an hour ago!

He tosses her a bag.

Damon: Make yourself presentable. I know where Stefan's going to be tonight.

He sits down.

Elena: I told you that I was practically discovered by Klaus and you're worried about what I'm wearing?
Damon: I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on. Are you okay?Elena: Yeah.
Damon: Okay, good. Get dressed. You're all road-trippy and gross.
Elena: So you know where he's going to be?
Damon: Yes, with Klaus. So I'll distract Klaus and you deal with Stefan.
Elena: Okay. Thank you.
Damon: But you're going to have about five minutes tops before that hybrid freak rips my heart out. So please, tell me you can do this.
Elena: I can do this.

Gloria's Bar

Klaus and Stefan are at the bar. Gloria gives them two beers. Klaus puts Sky to one of the small armchairs there in the corner of the bar.

Gloria: Where's Rebekah?
Klaus: She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand.

He takes a drink and looks at Stefan.

Klaus: What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground.
Stefan: So this is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people?
Klaus: Well, that's certainly half of it.
Stefan: What's the other half?

Klaus starts pouring alcohol into two shot glasses.

Klaus: The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman.

He slides one of the shot glasses to Stefan along the counter.

Klaus raises his shot of tequila.

Klaus: To friendship.

Stefan clinks his shot glass.

Moments later

Stefan: So I'm confused. If we were such great friends, then why do I only know you as the hybrid d*ck who sacrificed my girlfriend on an altar of fire? Huh?

Klaus: All good things must come to an end.

Stefan: You compelled me to forget?Klaus: It was time for Rebekah and I to move on. Better to have a clean slate.

He drains his glass.

Stefan: But why? You shouldn't have to cover your tracks...unless you're running from someone.

Klaus: Storytime's over.

Stefan turns his head and sees Damon, who motions to come over to him. Damon then walks behind a wall. Stefan then looks at Klaus.

Stefan: I need another drink. A real one.

Damon has just walked outside and is looking from side to side. Stefan suddenly flies at him at super speed and pushes him against a car. Stefan holds him by the collar.

Stefan: What is wrong with you?!Damon: What is wrong with you? You kill Andie one day, you save my life the next. What are you good, bad? Pick one!

Stefan: Klaus almost saw Elena today. You have to get her out of Chicago.
Damon: She's not going anywhere until she's got you checked into vampire rehab and on the mend. Trust me. I've tried.
Stefan: She is the key to everything. Klaus can't know that she's alive.
Damon: What are you talking about?
Stefan: She was supposed to die in the sacrifice and she didn't. Now Klaus can't create any new hybrids. His witch is seconds away from figuring that out. Tell Elena to go home and forget about me.

Damon pauses a few moments then looks to his left.

Damon: Tell her yourself.

Stefan looks and sees Elena standing in the parking lot.

Damon rejoins Klaus at the bar.

Gloria: Last call. Drink 'em up!

Klaus: I see they've opened the doors to the riff-raff now.
Damon: Oh, honey, I've been called worse.
Klaus: You don't give up, do you?
Damon: Give me my brother back and my niece...You'll never have to see me again.
Klaus: Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan and Sky I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so...
Damon: What can I say? I'm a thrill-seeker.

Klaus extends his hand and grabs his throat. He lifts Damon off the floor by the throat with one arm.

Klaus: Oh, dear, what was that? I'm boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries.

Klaus stabs Damon in the stomach with a toothpick. Damon grunts in pain.

Klaus: Ohh! No, that's not it. Hmm.

He stabs him again. Damon grunts in pain.

Klaus: Ohh. Almost.

He angles the toothpick upwards towards his heart.

Damon: You want a partner in crime? Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun.

Klaus throws him backwards. Damon crashes on top of a table, breaking it, and lands on the ground on his back. Klaus walks over, rips a part of the chair off as a makeshift stake, and crouches over Damon.

Klaus: You won't be any fun after you're dead.

With one hand he holds Damon down and with the other he raises the stake. Just at that moment Gloria sets the stake alight with her powers. Klaus throws it away with a grunt.

Klaus: Really?

Gloria: Not in my bar. You take it outside.

Damon tries to sit up but Klaus pushes him back down and looks at him.

Klaus: You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back.

Klaus takes his hand off Damon and turns around. He stops immediately when he saw that Sky was standing just a few steps away from him and had watched everything.

Klaus: Sky? Baby?

Klaus tries to pick her up, but she backs away from him. She had tears in her eyes.

Sky: You promised you wouldn't hurt him. You promised me! You're a liar! I hate you! I don't want to see you again!
Klaus: Baby, you don't mean all that. I'm your dad.

Klaus looked hurt.
Sky ran to Damon and hugged him. Damon stood up and picked her up and she buried her face in his neck while she cried. Her little hands were wrapped around his neck. Klaus watched as his little girl cried in the arms of another person she loved much more than him.

Damon: It's okay my little Sky. I'm not hurt. I'm okay.
Sky: I don't want to go with him anymore. Don't let him take me.

Damon looked at Klaus who stood silent there watching them. He couldn't say a thing. He looked speechless.

Damon: I know. You don't have to stay if you don't want.

Damon wasn't breaking eye contact with Klaus and Klaus wasn't saying a thing.
Damon began to move slowly backwards to see if Klaus would let them and when he saw that he wasn't making a move to stop them, he speeds away with her.

Chicago

Klaus enters the room in the warehouse full of his family's coffins. Rebekah's is empty and the guardman is lying dead on the floor nearby. He looked angry.

Klaus: Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are.

She rushes over stabs him with the dagger. He gasps.

Rebekah: Go to hell, Nik!

Klaus takes the dagger out of his chest, holds it out beside him, and drops it.

Klaus: Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me.

Rebekah: Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more.
Klaus: I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once. Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in.

Stefan comes in but doesn't show any sign of recognition.

Rebekah: Stefan...

Klaus gets closer to him and compels him.

Klaus: Now you remember.

Stefan remembers everything.

Stefan: Rebekah.

He walks closer to her.

Klaus: Stefan.

Stefan looks at Klaus.

Stefan: I remember you. We were friends.

Klaus: We are friends.

He looks at Rebekah.

Klaus: And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch.

Rebekah: The original witch?
Klaus: What do you have that Gloria needs?

She touches her neck but realizes her necklace is missing.

Rebekah: Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!

Stefan realizes that Elena has the necklace.

Klaus: I don't know. I didn't touch it.

Rebekah: We need to find it, Nik. Now, I want it back!
Klaus: Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!

She looks into the coffin but doesn't find it so she throws the coffin on the ground. Stefan is concerned.

Salvatore Boarding House

D

amon is back home with his niece in his arms. She was sleeping peacefully. He sat in the couch and stood there, hugging her. She moved and opened her eyes. She looked tired and sad.

Sky: Uncle I have missed you.
Damon: I have missed you too.
Sky: I don't want to go back to him. He keeps on lying to me and sometimes he can get quite mean and yells at me.

Her eyes got teary again.

Damon: You don't have to go back to him. I promise. It's you and me now. I love you baby girl. I will do everything to protect you.
Sky: I love you uncle so much. I wish you were my daddy.

A few tears escaped her eyes.

Damon: Oh baby.

He hugged her close and let her cry in his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 3.1K 16
Amelia mikealson is Klaus mikealson's niece but who's her father mostly all her life klaus has lied to her about her father being dead but actually h...
ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

18.9K 825 8
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...
609K 14.9K 102
Aliza Miranda Gilbert. She's the middle child. Her life changes when her father, the only who person didn't treat her differently, dies. Aliza not o...
20.4K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...