I DO

By vivvistory

Elijah Pierce. The man I fell deeply in love with. The man I would give my world to. The man I would take... More

I Do Part 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

5.6K 301 56
By vivvistory

 CHAPTER NINE

Nelly

Past

It wasn't love.

I'm not an expert in this field, at all. Mainly because I had zero past relationships, so I couldn't exactly compare anything to what I was currently experiencing with him. With Elijah.

But one thing was for sure. It wasn't love. Yet, at least. But it surely was growing into something more. Inching closer to the 'L' word. Maybe it was an attraction or infatuation. I couldn't deny the strong feelings I had for him. He had a way to make me forget all my problems, he could make my heart flip and butterflies explode in my stomach. Every day my feelings were growing stronger, expanding until I'd lay at night thinking about him and wake up in the morning with him still on my mind. It wasn't the thrill of having attention from a guy. What Elijah and I have wasn't a fling, it couldn't be...because it was so real. It was beautiful. Sweet. Innocent.

I walked through the park as the autumn leaves fell to the ground, one by one, slowly turning the trees naked. It was early Sunday morning and not many people tended to visit the park; only the elders who were currently walking their dogs. I sat on a bench that faced a small lake, my hands heating up by hugging my Starbucks cup. I sighed and cuddled deeper into my thick scarf.

Before I could take a sip of my coffe hands covered my eyes, shielding my sight. My heart hammered wildly against my chest, but it wasn't fear that made me gasp. It was anticipating and warmth that always accompanied him when he was close to me. There was tenderness in his touch. I smiled when his lips tickled my ear as he whispered. "Guess."

I hummed, pretended to think about it before I randomly said: "Daniel?"

"Nelly..." he

Giggling, I whispered his name. "Elijah."

His hands fell away and I leaned my head back as his lips met mine in a soft caress, reenacting the iconic Spiderman Kiss. No matter how many times we had kissed, the second his lips landed on mine it felt like we were having our first kiss all over again. He got me dancing in the clouds and I never wanted to touch the earth again.

"Jealousy looks good on you."

I smiled but didn't respond. He came to sit beside me, his hands shoved inside his pockets. I looked at him, enjoying the hazel eyes that blended well with the autumn colors around us, all while being anxious at the unexpected news I was about to drop on him.

"You have something to tell me." He stated, not asking.

"I do."

He faced me, so I had all his attention. "Go on then."

I chewed on my lip, giving it a second before I began to talk. "I'm going to France and Italy for two months. There are a bunch of events and runaways shows that I have to attend, and fabrics that need to be bought and meetings that I have to attend...basically, I'm leaving for two months." I quickly rambled but I knew I was making a mess out of this.

Elijah cocked his head; a questioning look on his face. "Why do I feel like you're upset about this? You love fashion shows and traveling for inspiration."

I looked away. Yeah, and I lo-

My brain froze. The words almost naturally caressed my mind as if it was the most logical thing that my heart knew. My pules moved quicker as blood began to boil inside with warm emotions.

"Nelly?"

"Huh?" I snapped my eyes to him and realized I had dozed off completely. A blush settled over my cheeks and I had a hard time calming my erratic heart. Could he sense my unspoken feelings? For some reason, I wasn't ready to face my own feelings, let along to say it out loud. "I'm sorry, what?"

He inched closer to me and placed the back of his palm over my forehead, and if possible, I blushed even more. Panicked even more. Was I that obvious? Electricity sparked between our skins, igniting my veins on fire. I was burning. He hummed, his eyebrows furrowed. "You're having a fever?"

I grabbed his wrist and moved it away from my forehead while shaking my head. "No, no...um...no I'm not sick." I shrugged my thoughts away and returned to the before I went down the wrong track. "Anyway. I'm going away for two months for business and well...I guess I'll miss you." I know I'll miss you.

"Yeah." I peeked at him through my lashes, wasn't he upset that I'll be gone for two months?

Suddenly I felt a bitter stung of sadness, and I felt stupid sitting here. Years ago, I would have beamed with happiness at the chance to travel to the most famous and iconic fashion countries. But here I was, pained at the thought of going and not seeing Elijah for two months. Yeah, I was doomed. Whatever I felt for Elijah... it was no simple emotions. It had evolved into something I could no longer control. He was slowly becoming the other half of my heart.

"This isn't the first time you have gone away, baby." He touched my cheek with the tip of his fingers and I breathed in.

"But not for two months, Elijah. What? You won't miss me?" I asked, annoyed by the lack of reaction from me but then I quickly regretted, how awful it sounded. I went to apologize but he halted my words by palming my cheeks and bringing our faces closer so our foreheads touched. We breathed the same warm air while the autumn breeze danced around us.

"Will you miss me?" I breathed.

He captured my lips and I moaned against his kiss. He made sweet and sensual love to my lips, as if he'd do to my body. He took his time to kiss me, loving every second of it and I didn't disappoint as I devoured the taste of him. "Your kiss will always break me free from any spell." He uttered out lowly but enough for me to hear, enough for my heart to bloom and for my body to tingle.

"Any spell?"

"Every single spell."

"I'll keep that in mind."

He met my gaze. "

There was something serious in his tone, and I felt a crackling split deep inside my gut. His words were deeper than they appear and it scared the living shit out of me. I wanted to ask why he held a tormented expression on his face but I withdrew the words and instead gave him my promise. "I promise."

As the words escaped from my lips, he let out a sigh of relief. So did I. The promise felt heavy, like it had a deeper meaning to it. The pained look on his face disappeared and I wondered about it, but quickly pushed the thought away. If I could pull him out of the darkness, I would. With my promise. With my kiss.

Today. Tomorrow. Forever.

***

I watched as the model walked down the ramp, the Gucci dress was curved around her body beautifully and I was stunned at the design and fabric. "This one is my favorite," I whispered to Malcolm.

I felt him rolling his eyes. "You've said that to every single piece, sweetheart."

"But can you blame me?" I asked, my eyes already on the next model. "Okay, this one is definitely my favorite."

We watched as models kept walking down the ramp, every dress was different from the previous one, in colors and designs. The audience was left awestruck, me included, and everyone seemed to enjoy the show so far. Phones were out to catch every style, every moment.

"Do you think we can top this?" I asked, my insecurities surfacing and my skin prickled with hesitation.

Malcolm met my eyes, the light brightening his green eyes. "Absolutely! You have the same gift as your father, your line will be extraordinary."

I sighed. After my graduation, the company was handed to me. My name was on the contract, and every little decision had to go through me first...in other words, I was the CEO of my father's company Diamond.

Everything that involved the company was on my bare hands. And yeah, I did have a meltdown in my office bathroom alone. Showing weakness was the last thing I wanted. But in front of my employees, I forced myself to keep a straight, confident and businesslike expression.

At the end of the day, I didn't want them to think that my dad handed the company to a child with no knowledge. I had to prove myself to them, that I could be trusted with this company and every decision that came with it. Don't let them see your weakness. If they get a glimpse of it, they will try to break you. And Nelly, remember, a Diamond is unbreakable. The words were tattooed inside my head, heart and soul.

Never forgotten and never would be ignored. They were the light of my darkness. The words made me powerful. The reminder had me straightening my crown and pushed me to never give up.

Diamonds were unbreakable.

My employees nor the media's words and gossip could break through those words.

***

A bath.

Food. Lots of food.

And a bed.

That was exactly what I needed.

My legs ached from being trapped in heels all day. I was physically and mentally exhausted after a long day of work, work and more work. A month felt like a lifetime. Yet, as tiring as it was, I still enjoyed the working process of it. The inspiration ignited the creativity in me and it made every aching bone in my body worth it.

I took off my heels, no longer capable of standing on them. I held them in my hands as I leaned against the elevator wall and allowed myself to close my eyes for a second.

A pair of hazel eyes came into view, pulling me toward the depth of them. My lips twitched with a smile. What is he doing now? It was still evening in New York and I imagined Elijah sitting at his desk, with his glasses on, as he scribbles new designs in his antic old sketchbook or working on creating new jewelry pieces while Elvis Presley played on the background. Is he thinking of me?

We texted today, but ten minutes didn't feel enough. We were countries apart and our busy schedules kept us separated.

I opened my eyes when I heard a ping, and the elevator doors opened. With my heart still heavy at the thought of him, I walked to my room. Warm bath. Food. Bed. And Elijah. He what I really wanted. But I couldn't have him. Not yet.

One more month, Nelly.

The moment I entered my room, I almost groaned in happiness. The sight of the bed gave me pleasure on a whole new level. Leaving my heels and my purse at the entrance I went to the bathroom, preparing for my bath. I left the tub to fill with hot water and I took my phone out of my purse, taking a peek at the screen.. A smile spread over my lips from a single text from Elijah. Taking a seat on the couch, I propped my legs up on the coffee table.

Elijah: Miss you. I want to see you.

I chewed on my lip as I sent him a facetime invitation. But he wasn't online and didn't answer. I called him again but there was no response. A sigh of disappointment left me but I quickly typed back a message.

Nelly: I miss you too. Wish you were here.

When a few minutes went by with no reply, I threw my phone on the couch beside me and closed my eyes. A random knock on the door had me snapping to my feet, tensely. My arms fell to my side, limply and I stared at the person, the man... in shock. Full of surprise, my heart thudded in my chest and came alive at the sight of my man standing before me. The other half of my heart.

Elijah smiled; his hand went to grab mine and lifted my palm up to kiss the inside of it

I was still too shock to form a proper sentence and Elijah pulled me into his body, wrapping me in his embrace and claiming my lips in the most delicate way possible, yet so full of need and hunger. It told many unspoken words. I miss you. I want you. I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 4.7K 8
"You won't expect love from me and will please me whenever, wherever I want." *** Passionate bonds linger in their relation which are ignorant to bot...
117K 2.8K 29
"Do you love her?" He seethes, looking for any answer. The question didn't matter to him but it sure as hell mattered to us. One simple question. On...
743 125 21
"D-Don't you dare to come closer me 'she said... "L-love d-Don't Y-y-you remember me".. he shuttered *points the gun at him * " one more step clos...
164 7 7
There he was, a beast in all his Devine glory. Standing in a graveyard, covered in the blood of the innocent with a look of satisfaction and thirst f...