Rivals (Klance)

By lyzard_fan_fics

•High School AU• Lance McClain and Keith Kogane have never gotten along. They've been rivals since kindergart... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Epilogue
Todobakudeku x3

Chapter 21

6.6K 308 190
By lyzard_fan_fics

⚠️Homophobia⚠️

"Where is my son?!" Lance's mother yelled as soon as she entered the house.

Lance was quick to rush out of Keith's room and down the stairs, ready to stop either of his parents if they decided to yelled at Shiro or Adam. He was instantly pulled into his mother's arms, a tight embrace he couldn't escape. Keith cautiously made his way down the stairs as well, trying to size up the situation.

"Oh you're okay! I was so worried!" His mother cried, tightening her grip on him.

He groaned as his lungs became restricted. "Mama... can't... breath..." He wheezed. She instantly loosened her grip with a smile.

"Sorry Lance, I was just worried." She fretted. She looked over at the three other males in the living room, her eye hardening. "Now go get your things, we're leaving." She said, not taking her eyes off them.

Lance looked hesitantly between all of them. You could cut the tension with a knife. He slowly made his way up the stairs, Keith moving to follow so he could help Lance grab his stuff. Packing hadn't been high up on their list of priorities when they got back from the hospital.

"You," Lance's father said, pointing a finger at Keith, making him widened his eyes. "Stay away from him." He said with a sneer.

Keith held his hands up in surrender. "I'm just gonna help him pack-"

His father gritted his teeth, "He doesn't need help from a homosexual."

"Okay, calm down. First off, I don't appreciate the homophobia, in my own house. Second off, just because I'm gay, does not mean in any way shape or form that Keith is gay, so don't just assume things. Third off, your son just had a seizure and Keith is trying to help him pack because he got back form the hospital at four in the morning, try being a little more civil." Shiro said, ready to blow his ever loving top. Homophobia directed at him, he hated but could tolerate, but the second it got directed at Keith, all bets were off. He'd cut a bitch.

Adam grabbed his arm, trying to help calm him down. The disgusted look they earned from Lance's parents did little to help with Shiro's growing temper.

"Guys it's fine, I got it." Lance said quietly while disappearing up the stairs and leaving everyone in the entry way of Shiro's house. No one said anything, they all just glared. None of them seemed to want to back down anytime soon.

A few minutes passed before Lance was back down the stairs, his duffle bag in hand. "Let's go." His mother said coldly, holding her arm out for him to follow along.

He threw one last look over his shoulder at Keith, before following both of his parents out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith didn't risk texting Lance that weekend. He wasn't sure if his parents took his phone away or if they were monitoring his texts. If he could, he knew Lance would text him first.

When that did happen and it was already Sunday, Keith texted Hunk. He figured he'd at least know something. When that fell through, Hunk hadn't heard anything either, he texted Allura. If it was like the last time they had a homophobic freak out, he'd only be allowed to talk to girls.

Thankfully, she had been talking to him for most of the weekend. She said that while they were calling, he told her that they were policing his phone like he was five and he wasn't allowed to talk to any guys. He wasn't really sleeping though, which worried Keith.

When Monday rolled around, Keith was itching to get to school. It would be the only place he'd be able to see Lance, for a while at least. Hopefully his parents calmed down after a while and let him hang out with... literally anyone again.

He arrived at school only a few minutes earlier than normal. He wanted to see Lance, but he knew that he wouldn't be there ridiculously earlier anyway. He waited at his locker, seeing if he'd even show up.

He was finally able to let out a long breath when he saw Lance sluggishly walk into the school and down he hallway. It took everything in Keith to not rush over to him and pull him into a hug. He wasn't even sure if he was allowed to go over and talk to him.

After a moment of contemplation, he made his way over to his boyfriend. When he leaned against the locker next to Lance's, the other boy's eyes widened.

"Keith, this really isn't a good idea. We never talk at school except for lunch and-" He rushed out, seeming over paranoid.

"Deep breaths Lance. Just look like your angry and people will just think we're fighting again." Keith said with a small smirk. If Lance was angry, Keith would probably be smug, like he had just gotten away with another prank.

"You're impossible." Lance breathed, but feeling immensely relieved that he could finally talk to the raven haired boy again.

"See? Look at you, already a pro." Keith teased. Lance shot him a glare, but it was more for show than anything. "Now, what happened? I know a little from Allura, but not nearly enough."

Lance sighed and banged his head against his locker door in irritation. "It's not good, like at all. They completely freaked and paranoid, thinking you guys waved a magic wand or something and turned me gay." He started to explain.

Keith scoffed at that. "Yeah, like I turned you gay."

Lance shoved a finger into his chest at that remark. "We're were both flaming homosexuals before any of this happened, don't blame me for your rainbow side." He hissed in a quiet whisper. Again, it was more for show than Lance actually being upset with Keith. Their relationship consisted of a lot of sarcastic remarks, that's just how they were. They both knew not to take them seriously.

"Yeah, yeah, noted. What else did they do besides police your phone." Keith asked, his arms crossed over his chest as he listened.

"Well as soon as we got home, I was forced to shower. Like six times. Everything I brought back from your house, I had to wash, well my mom washed because they don't trust me anymore. I wasn't allowed to leave my room for most of the weekend and the only people I was allowed to talk to were Allura and Pidge because they think they're both girls. God, they'd probably try to perform an exorcism on Pidge if they knew about them." He said, leaning his head against his locker and trying to hold himself together.

Keith had to stop himself from reaching out and rubbing a hand up and down Lance's back. Suddenly his arms being crossed was more to restrain him than anything else. "How've you been sleeping? At all?" He asked, becoming increasingly concerned. If Lance's parents kept up what they were doing, he wasn't sure Lance would survive it.

Lance's voice cracked as he answered. "Not really."

Looking up at the clock on the wall, Keith saw that they still had fifteen minutes before their first classes started. Letting an angry façade slip over his features, he grabbed Lance by the hood of his sweatshirt and pulled him out of the hall. They earned a few looks, but no one was surprised. Keith and Lance were fighting again.

Once they were in an empty hallway, Keith pulled him into a vacant classroom that wasn't used much, shutting the door behind them. As soon as they were alone, he pulled Lance into a tight hug, knowing that the boy needed it.

"Do they take your phone at night?" Keith asked, thinking up a plan already.

"No, but they check it right away in the mornings." Lance explained, his face buried into the crook of Keith's neck as he tried to memorize the feeling of being wrapped up in his embrace.

"Okay. Then when you wake up in the middle of the nights, call me. I'll try to help you calm down and all you have to do is delete the call from your call log before your parents see it." He said, hoping that his plan would actually work.

Lance pulled away and looked up at him. "Wait, can I actually do that?" He asked.

Keith held a hand out for Lance's phone. It didn't have a password on it anymore, curtesy of his parents, so Keith just opened it and went to his call app. He went into his recents, and clicked on a call from Allura. He was able to clear it and it now appeared like the call never happened.

He handed the phone back over with a triumphant smile. Lance grabbed the phone with the his first smile since his parents have been home.

"Oh my god, Keith you're my favorite person." He exclaimed happily, grabbing Keith and placing a kiss on his lips quickly.

Keith had a dazed look on his face as he continued to smile. "I try." He mumbled.

Lance giggled at his behavior and placed another kiss on his cheek, appearing to be in a much better mood than when he first arrived at school. "We should go, you can't be late." He said, walking towards the door.

They had different first hour classes, so they had to split up. Lance nearly slept through the whole hour, but Keith was softly smiling in a different classroom. Most kids were at a complete loss. They had never seen Keith smile before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 298 13
A Time AU Clay was bored when his best friend and roommate Nick went off on christmas break with his family, being stuck in their little school dorm...
16.7K 341 20
It's Lance's first day at Kerberos College and he's excited to meet his new roommate. Upon seeing it's the rude boy from the stairwell, he learns to...
3.9K 99 10
In a world where all is black or white, his voice stands out as the prettiest blue.
2K 62 12
Adora and catra have known each other since they were kids they started dating but then they broke up ....but the strange thing is they always end up...