[COMPLETE] Transmigrated Auth...

By melo_marl

[TATQP ©2019] Before being QQ, a novelist famous for her tragic works, she was first the world's most powerfu... More

Foreword
Chapter 1: Plain Hong Chun
Chapter 2: Gracious Devil
Chapter 3: Hong Family
Chapter 4: Troubles and Goodbyes
Chapter 5: Feeding the Homeless
Chapter 6: Original Plot
Chapter 7: Of Service
Chapter 8: Overbearing Heart
Chapter 9: Invitation
Chapter 10: You're Predictable
Chapter 11: A Seer
Chapter 12: Chosen
Chapter 13: The Panther
Chapter 14: Sentimental
Chapter 15: Difficulties of Being Vulnerable
Chapter 16: Accidental Meeting
Chapter 17: Madam Long
Chapter 18: Who to Serve
Chapter 20: A Little Gift
Chapter 21: A Coincidence
Chapter 22: They're Back
Chapter 23: Last Chance
Chapter 24: Price of Freedom
Chapter 25: Return of the...
Chapter 26: Goddess' Herald
Chapter 27: Quiet Plum
Chapter 28: Her Death
Chapter 29: Am I Human?
Chapter 30: Urn
Chapter 31: Spring Never Dies
Chapter 32: A Great Puzzle
Chapter 33: Why do all the good people...
Chapter 34: A'mei
Chapter 35: Fifth Prince and a Rewind
Chapter 36: Wu Yun Peak
Chapter 37: Real-Life Monster
Chapter 38: The Fool
Chapter 39: Former Almost
Chapter 40: Most Loyal Servant of the Goddess
Chapter 41: Qin Clan
Chapter 42: The Tiger's Den
Chapter 43: The Empress
Chapter 44: ML's Intelligence
Chapter 45: Qiaoli's Madness and her Forbidden Jutsu
Chapter 46: Long Yi Ran's Gamble
Chapter 47: The Deal
Chapter 48: Beat the Crap Out of You
Chapter 49: Infection and Antidote
Chapter 50: Duke Li's Attitude
Chapter 51: Disappointing Request
Chapter 52: Unpredictable Ending
Chapter 53: Sacred Bloodlines
Chapter 54: Descent to Despair
Chapter 55: Landing to One's Death
Chapter 56: Misunderstanding
Chapter 57: Sharing One's Burden
Chapter 58: Headmaster
Chapter 59: A Fleeting Meeting
Chapter 60: Setting Out
Chapter 61: Missed Fate
Chapter 62: City of Fleeting Clouds
Author's Note
Chapter 63: Her Battlefield
Chapter 64: No Traces
Chapter 65: Duchess
Chapter 66: Huang Estate
Chapter 67: Cleaning
Chapter 68: Sister-in-Law
Chapter 69: Estranged
Chapter 70: Setup
Chapter 71: Green Scroll
Chapter 72: Dinner with the Family
Wattpad Creators Program
Chapter 73: The Siblings' Deal
Chapter 74: Spring Fortune Court
Chapter 75: Huang Province Top Brass
Chapter 76: A Lesson
Chapter 77: Punishment
Book 2 Announcement!

Chapter 19: Visitor

2.6K 183 36
By melo_marl

Media: https://pin.it/jAlAnNZ

---

When the world was deep in its peaceful slumber, a certain young master was staring at the ceiling while lying on his bed.

This day was unbelievable.

Meeting the Emperor and the Empress in a single swoop was a surprising feat for someone like him.

'My family will soon be honored.' He raised his palm in the middle of the darkness while remembering those words. For several generations, that was what his Mao family had been searching for.

Honor.

Merchants could maintain their luxurious ways but they were indirectly viewed as the lowest class in society. Although the scholars had acknowledged that classes were mere labels, the traditional people of Han wouldn't let go of this practice just because.

Families like the Mao could wear silk and live in big estates but wouldn't be acknowledged by high society.

Their children were educated like the noble young masters and misses yet they were still reduced to mere lackeys for those true aristocrats.

However, with those few words from the phoenix, Mao Zhu would bring honor to his family.

No one could see the mocking smile on his lips and the hint of helplessness at the corners of his eyes.

His Mao clan was at the helm of the biggest merchant guild in Great Han. But the previous Emperor ignored this and didn't see them as a threat.

Now, he could see the difference between the late dragon and the current one. The person currently sitting on the throne had a deeper mind than the former.

Woosh! Snap!

A gust of wind blew and shut his windows close. Silence ensued in the whole room.

Mao Zhu's eyes narrowed as he rose from his bed. He didn't say a word and let the intruder show himself.

"The Mao third young master is on par with my Master's expectations." A muffled voice commented in the shadows.

"Daren should've visited during the day if he wants to see this one's abilities. That way your master will be more entertained."

The daggers in Mao Zhu's statement were obvious to the other side. Sneaking at night was done by thieves after all.

The man ignored this and remained rooted to his spot.

"Lieutenant doesn't need to worry. This servant is here just to send a message."

"Speak."

Mao Zhu saw the person cup his fist.

"The sword of the Mao has long been deserted in the shelves. The Lord of the land desires to wield this weapon to protect the people of this nation. Mao san shaoye, are you willing to be this nation's blade?"

The third young master became speechless but the shadow guard was patient.

By the time it took for an incense to burn, there was a reply. "It's quite surprising to hear this isn't an imperial decree."

"My lord isn't a tyrant."

Despite hearing this, Mao Zhu thought of the mother of the nation kowtowing to him. He felt that this too was her idea.

He smiled, his teeth quietly gleaming in the dim room.

"It's true that his Majesty isn't a tyrant. But I fear that once I refuse, tomorrow, my Mao family will be arrested for having a private army and revolting against the throne."

"Third young master is wise. This servant has delivered the message."

Just as he came, he left with another blast of air. The room returned to its tranquil state.

Mao Zhu was left to ponder again.

If one controlled a large guild like their Mao family, it was inevitable to have a constant channel of information. Unless they stopped their traders from communicating which was impossible.

How could one trade their goods without talking with different kinds of people?

Their forefathers knew that instead of letting this stream of information go out of hand, it was better to control it.

Up to now, their Mao family had eyes and ears all around Great Han and the surrounding nations where their guild could reach.

The previous Emperors turned a blind eye to this because of the primitive views of the four classes. But it seemed like that time would pass.

The honor they longed for would be theirs but accompanying it was an iron-clad duty to the throne.

However, for his Majesty to gather power to his side...

Mao Zhu recalled the news circulating in the guild. There were talks of an organization running amok in Great Han these days.

Crimson Trail was their name.

His eyes deepened. Something big might happen soon.

---

It was another day of those boring lessons.

Hong Chun could hardly keep her eyes open but Fong momo asked a question all of a sudden.

"This servant hasn't seen Si Hai lately..."

By her tone, she was 90% sure that their family's miss was aware.

The young lady was unconcerned and put all her focus on the embroidery in her hands.

She might not like what she was doing but she wanted to perfect the outline of the figure of a swan.

Momo said that she couldn't embroider mandarin ducks yet as it would bring bad luck to the marriage that hadn't been announced.

The elder woman was outright ignoring the fact that she already met her future groom. And his mother and grandmother treated her like a daughter-in-law already.

Whether she embroidered mandarin ducks or not, the marriage was set in stone.

Instead, the old nurse was nitpicking on her.

"There's a high chance that the young man won't return." Hong Chun spoke as though they were unrelated.

Fong momo knew the young miss wouldn't talk if she didn't want to. But in her mind, she was highly suspicious that the ambiguous atmosphere between their lady and that fellow had finally ended.

That was something to be glad about.

Hong Chun wanted to scold the old woman because her thoughts were written all over her face but decided not to stress herself.

Concentration is the key to embroidery. Just as she was about to finish, a voice announced from the outside.

"My lady, Miss Mao and Lieutenant Colonel Mao are here."

She could have hopped from her seat but she stopped herself and calmly put down her embroidery.

With a final glance at Fong momo, she didn't bother hiding her smile.

Escape! She found her escape.

By the gate of the fu, Mao Zhen waved at her.

"I feel like I didn't see you for a year, A'Chun!"

The girl swung Hong Chun's hands one too many times. She only watched her do so.

Mao Zhen wasn't offended by her disinterested look. In fact, she missed this disinterested look so much, she'd choose it over the smiling ladies at her Aunt's house.

She then proceeded to push her 'sister-in-law' towards the carriage.

Hong Chun shrugged. Being dragged around by Mao Zhen was better than being ordered around by her nurse.

Looking at the side, she curtsied a little to Mao Zhu who was watching their reunion.

Nodding at her, he lifted his forearm which she used to propel herself upwards to enter the carriage. He was unusually quiet but there was a hint of gentleness at the corners of his eyes.

She made no comment at the teasing glance Mao Zhen sent her before her brother mounted his horse

"Ya, how's your relationship with my brother?"

"What relationship?" Hong Chun proceeded to gnaw on the jerky she hid in her sleeves earlier, then threw some at Mao Zhen.

With clumsy hands, the younger lady caught them.

"Quit playing dumb ah." She bit on the jerky. "Pui! What's with this meat?! It's so bland, what's your family feeding you?"

"Human meat." She said in a deadpan manner.

Just like that, the jerky didn't fail to distract Mao Zhen. She stopped mentioning love affairs for the rest of the trip.

Mao Zhu who was riding his horse alongside their carriage could hear them chatting from the outside.

His sister's mouth... he regretted finding her straightforward words cute when they were young.

But his brows creased when he remembered his guest last night. That person visited him multiple times these last few days.

The night before, he received a warning.

"Watch that fiancé of yours well. If she does something suspicious, report immediately."

Mao Zhu was bewildered by this order.

How could his Hong Chun be someone suspicious? What could she possibly do?

And how come the shadow guard specifically mentioned her and not her father who was an official?

No matter how he looked, he found it ridiculous.

But there was no way he could challenge the golden words. So he could only increase his vigilance until he found out what was wrong.

He sent out some of his men this morning to know what was going on. His Majesty refused to tell him so he wouldn't blame him for finding out on his own.

The trio soon reached the central square of the capital where the rich wasted their money. Hong Chun and Mao Zhen were assisted out of the carriage.

---

Four Occupations of Ancient China

士 - shì - Gentry Scholars; 農 - nóng - Peasant Farmer; 工 - gōng - Artisan and Craftsmen; 商 - shāng - Merchants and Traders

I personally think that the words "Human meat" made Mao Zhen shut up, not the beef jerky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 297 19
The season finally of Hazbin hotel ended a month ago, theories where arising, questions where being answered, and the raging bloodlust of the entire...
3.7K 195 6
"𝑨𝑾𝑨𝑲𝑬, 𝑨𝑾𝑨𝑲𝑬, 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑺 𝑨 𝑫𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑻𝑬." ───── ⋆✩⋆ ───── max mayfield x fem!oc third person published: July 20, 2...
147K 12.4K 78
Hello guys I am here again with anidita's new ff story . It's not a modern story . Anirudh Roy Chowdhury a gold medalist barrister who came back to...
10.4K 155 34
This is about a ordinary girl who grows up being a youtuber and she looked up to 4 people. Sam Golbach Colby Brock Corey Scherer And Jake webber. The...