Choosing My Mate

By brandalynn89

More

1 Alpha Blood
2 Mate
3 The Begining
4 Q & A
5 Perfect Two
6 Day by Day
7 Time to play
8 Wolf control
9 The Unthinkable
10 The Big Bad Wolf
11 Hot & Bothered
13 First Dance
14 Caught Between Two Loves
15 New Territory
16 Intruder
17 "We're not the only ones"

12 Broken Trust

56 1 0
By brandalynn89

<3

Choosing My Mate

Chapter 12 Broken Trust

Song: Fall out boy - Nobody puts baby in the corner

Jace felt foolish, how could he expect everything was starting new with Riley as being her mate. He was sure he wasn’t even going to get to be the one that the fates decided as Riley’s mate and future alpha.

‘What’s wrong?’ His brothers panicked voice entered through his thoughts, ‘why have you shifted, is Riley ok?’ Jace would have normally threw up his wall blocking his family out, but it was different Ash was worried about Riley, he felt for him, if it was the other way around Jace would want Ash to tell him what was going on also, and wouldn’t stop till he got answers.

‘She’s fine, it’s fine.’ He grunted.

‘Jace why are you wolf right now?’ Jace was getting annoyed with his brother; he didn’t really want to talk about it till he could blow off some steam.

‘It’s none of your business Ash, back the f*ck off man.’ Jace was vibrating with anger.

‘f*ck you it’s not, she’s my mate too Jace, she has everything to do with me, we are a family, we always have been but now it’s more serious, you listen and you listen good you f*ck. Riley being upset because of your stupidity has everything to do with me, and it’d be the same if I was the one pissing her off. Now tell me what the f*ck is going on, before I pissing of her father and walking out of this meeting to come home and kick your ass!’

‘we just..’ Jace wasn’t sure how to skip past the passionate part. Realizing he couldn’t withouthis brother questioning it more,‘it’d be best to show you, but it gets, kind of…. Intense.’ At that Jace let his walls fully down feeling as his brother peered through his memory.

‘What the f*ck Jace, you just left her not even explaining anything?’

‘I didn’t leave her, my wolf was about to take over, last time I was wolf around her I almost claimed her.’

‘Jace man, you need to talk to her, explain how you’re feeling about this, but most of all she needs to know what you’ve done with these other girls.’

‘WHAT?’ he roared.

She needs to know, if you don’t she’ll always question it, even if it’s you she chooses, the hurt will still be there.’

‘Yeah.’

‘Sh!t I’ve got to go dad noticed I wasn’t paying attention.’

‘Alright, hey give mom a kiss for me,’ Jace felt Ash’s wall going up. ‘Ash, thanks.’

‘What are brothers for?’

Jace made his was back home, entering through the back way stopping in the shed him and his brother built for times like this, holding their emergencies supplies, including their cloths.

He dressed, and made his way into the house, finding every room down stairs empty. Her sent was faint as he followed it, the scent got stronger with each step that lead to her room.

He knocked softly, but there was no answer, he knocked once more before he opening the door, looking in to see Riley lying on her bed, sound asleep.

She looked so at peace, the sound of her soft snoring filled the room, as he took a step closer, to brush her hair that had dropped into her face.

His fingers glided along her face pushing the hairs away, she wiggled under his touch, moving her face from hugging the pillow, Jace’s stomach dropped at the sight of Riley’s puffy eyes, eyes that looked as if she had been crying.

She had been crying because of him, he’d hurt, and by doing that he had let her down, and that hurt him more than anything.

He walked around the other side of the bed, gently sitting down to lie beside her, wrapping an arm around her. He pulled her in close noticing how perfectly she fit into his arms. He enjoyed the moment for as long as he could, but Jace was never one to procrastinate.

“Riles.” He whispered, as he traced his fingers along her arm, smiling as tiny little bumps appeared.

She was waking up in a daze, when her eyes met his; Jace was sure he saw fear cross her face, then regret. She rolled completely to her other side so she was able to face him.

“Riles we need to talk,” he regretted those words the second they left his mouth, as saw Riley’s eyes widen, with a fresh glaze of tears beginning to peek out.

“I understand,” she said to him choking back all her emotions, as she sat up on the bed. “I promised and I broke it, and then I made you mad.”

Jace was honestly confused, “what are you talking about love? I’m not mad, well not at you.” The last part was said as he also sat up.“Riley,” Jace didn’t really know how to start this conversation but starting from the begging just might help her understand, but before he could begin Riley had thought the worst.

“Jace,it’s ok I get it, you didn’t sing up for this, I mean you can be out on the prowl. You don’t have to do this,” she waved her hands in the air gesturing to the both of them.“I don’t want you to settle, when this isn’t what you want, you can go out and have unprotected sex all you want. I just can’t be the cause of your pain. You and Ash never got a choice, so here it is, Jace what do you choose?”

Jace was in shock, he couldn’t even blink his wolf was internally kicking his a$$, had Riley really thought Jace didn’t want her? Jace noticed Riley wasn’t breathing, she was holding her breath waiting for what….Oh his answer.

“You;” He breathed out, “always you, forever you. “ Jace took Riley’s hands in his, felling the instant reaction, knowing she was feeling the same. “This feeling, I’ve wished one day I’d feel with you, and now that I’ve felt it I’m never letting it go, I never expected to be an option for you. Ash naturally knew things about being an alpha, so as we got older and my feeling grew for you, the thought of it not being me killed me.” He placed her hands over his heart, just so she could feel the steady beat of his heart indicating his words were honest. “I started to distance myself hoping it would hurt less when the day came, but I couldn’t stay away, I kept finding myself needing to make sure you were ok. The closer we got to your birthday the stronger it got, unfortunately Ash felt the same, and here I am feeling like the luckiest wolf in the wold, for being a part of you.”

He sat waiting for Riley to react but she never did. He moved a hand from hers and brought it to her face cupping her jaw. “Ash once told me that we as werewolves are helpless romantics. I never really understood what he meant by that,” he started to brush his thumb along her cheek bone. “Until now,“

“You’re ok with this, with us?” Rileyasked looking as though she had heard the best news in her life, and Jace was glad the smile playing on her lips was caused by him.

Jace was going to kiss her to prove his words true, but stopped short remembering that they still had things to cover, he settled on placing a soft kiss on her hand.

“Riley, I know you must have questions, and I don’t know if I have the answers to them, so hear me out.”

He watched as she took in his words slowly she nodded. He took in a deep breath, as he rand his hands through his short hair, before he chose his words spilling all he has to offer.

“I’ve made a mess of things,” he started. “I never imagined I could cause you such pain, leaving you to not trust me.” Riley was about protest, but was stopped by Jace shaking his head hinting that he still needed to continue for her to fully understand. “When I went out with other girls, it was never as you might have thought. I understand why you don’t trust me, but their company meant nothing, everyone one of them was just a reminder that I couldn’t, that I didn’t have you.” He started picking at the threading of the blanket beneath them. “I’ve never gone all the way; I always had the thought of you in the back of my mind…. Wow that sounded better in my head.” Jace chuckled and looked back up to his mate seeing her eyes bulging out of her head, he wondered if she had really expected him to still not be a virgin? “No one came even close to you, when I thought Ash was for sure going to be your mate, I mean honestly the guy doesn’t even need to try, he’s tried being a tutor to me, but we end up getting annoyed with each other.” He laughed at the memories, of them trying to teach each other their talents, but Jace was getting ahead of himself he soon realized.

“I tried so hard to get you out of my head, meaningless girls one after another, but never going as far as touching.Soon I settled for just hanging out, I couldn’t really hang out with the guys anymore, most of them just talked about how hot you are, and hearing another call you that when you belong to me is not good for the friendship, take Ayden for example.”

Jace knew Riley had recalled what day he was referring to,“you gave him the busted lip?”

Jace chuckled remembering how surprised he was, “actually Ash did,”

Riley couldn’t hold her tongue, “Ash?” Jace nodded giving a smirk of pride.

“Ayden was going on and on about how you blossomed over a summer, and how lucky one of us was going to… “Mate” you.” He coughed the word mate, trying to hide it.

But she had heard it, pushing it aside the memory of that day. “That was the day you where teasing Ash about being a lover and not a fighter,” she remembered how she had asked why Jace was teasing him and why Ash kept checking over his knuckles, no one gave her an answer though, they told her it would be better if she didn’t know, and she believed them, trusting both her best friends.

Trust.

Jace had said something along the lines of her not trusting him, does she not trust him? Did he honestly tell her he was still a virgin, even with all the girls she saw him hanging around and them always hanging on him, not once did Riley feel jealous she felt her fate was set out for her, so in the end if it was Jace he’d stop and realize she was the only one who could please him, the same applied for Ash.

She felt Jace was telling her the truth and what shocked her most it was her senses that told her, somehow she felt the smell coming off of him was proof, not bitter at all, Riley's mother had told her that an Alpha could smell a lie, before its told. Honestly she felt her mother was playing games with her, but Riley didn’t understand most of this alpha mate stuff going on, Riley was starting to learn to go with the flow.

“Jace this whole mate thing…” she looked at him, seeing he looked as if he was a little boy and you were taking away his favorite toy, “it gave us a chance to start fresh,I believe you, I trust you, just don’t hurt me now, even if,” she sucked in a breath. “Even if you don’t become my mate, our alpha don’t hurt me, just don’t leave me.”

Jace grabbed her face bringing it close to hers, she could feel all his honest emotions lifting off of him feeding into her soul, “I’ll never leave you.” Her heart fluttered that’s what she needed to hear. “Riley I’m in love with you.”

< 3              <3              <3

Oh don't hate me..... i had to stop it here.

VOTE COMMT AND BECOME A FAN.

tell me what you think of CMM so far... and i don't mean how you think i should end it! i know my ending haha, but i still like to hear how cmm won over your heart like it did mine the day i thought it up.

<3 always brandalynn89

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.7K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...