2 Mate

Choosing My Mate

Chapter Two: Mate

When Riley awoke, you wouldn't have believed she wasn't a morning person. She jumped out of bed right before her alarm clock went off.

After her run, and now being able to become a wolf whenever she wanted, Riley was too happy to think about what the rest of the day had in store for her.

before there was a knock on her door, Riley opened her door to her mother standing there in mid knock. "Good morning mom."

"well good morning sweetie, how are you feeling?" her mother asked as she stepped into the room, and Riley noticed she had a box in her hands.

"I feel great, excellent, wonderful." Riley stopped locked a hip and pointed to the box. "Now what's in the box?"

Her mother gave her a suspicious eye, but sat on her bed and began to open the box. "The first part of your birthday present of course." Her mother held up one a white strapless sundress, that had a shimmery purple rubben below the bust line.

"mom." Riley said in all seriousness, "I. Am. Not. Wearing that." she spoke the last words letting her disgust leak out.

"sure you are, it's your birthday, and you have to do what I want."

"mom I'm sure it's the other way around, it's MY birthday and you have to do what I want, and I don't want to wear THAT."

"Sweetie don't make me use my alpha tone on you." her mother gave a jokingly serious look.

"don't make me use MY alpha tone on... YOU."

"oh my baby's growing up so fast, I just want my little puppy back." her mother started to get tears in her eyes and that’s when Riley knew she lost the battle with her mother, and was going to wear the dress. So she grabbed the dress but not before noticing there was something else in the box..

"mom, why is the box not empty?"

"well that’s the dress for tonight's party sweetie." Riley was headed to her bathroom to change but stopped suddenly at her mothers words.

"Party. What party?" she turned and gave her mother the "stink eye."

"your birthday slash congratulations on your mate party."

"but mooooooooommmmm." Riley pouted.

"Riley suck it up it has been planed from the day I knew I was with child."

"ugh. why do I even bother?" Riley stormed out of her room and into the bathroom, to shower and get dressed.

When Riley had finished she should have know her mother wasn't finished with her yet, her mother did a full make over, curling Rileys hair, applying some make up, and making sure Riley wore the matching shimmery purple shoes.

when Rileys mother was finishing up the last touches Rileys cell phone buzzed, she grabbed her phone and saw she had a text from Ash.

Ash:

Good morning Riley. I'll be waiting for you by the car, if that’s ok I know you wouldn't want a show. Plus if it's not me I don't want people to see me cry. lol.