๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes

14.2K 519 159
By ASTRAGAZER-

Ino left after making sure that Sasuke and Sakura are going to the barbecue party she decided out of the blue. And not to mention, the blonde left happily skipping on the steps down Sakura's apartment saying that she'll tell their former classmates about the event later this evening. On any other occasion, Sakura would match Ino's energetic self. But the pinkette doesn't feel all energetic to say the least.

Sakura was walking back to the bedroom when she suddenly remembered something.

That's right, she's been having this weird attitude towards Sasuke that on any normal given situation would be impossible. But Sakura blamed it on hormones. She knew her mental ordeal is being affected with pregnancy hormones.

She turned around, ready to blurt out an apology when Sakura came face to face with a chest. Sasuke was too close, standing right in front of her as he brushed her hair away from her forehead, he leaned in for a light feathery kiss just right beside the rhombus shape seal that contains the byakugou.

Sakura's eyes widen in surprise as she felt his cold lips touched her forehead for no more than a few seconds before leaning out to look at her.

"Are you alright now?" Sasuke asked. His gentle voice in contrast with his deadpanned expression. But Sakura found it adorable, she never knew he could muster such tone of voice.

Sakura nodded and released the small grip she never notice she had on his sleeve. "I'm sorry about earlier. Where did you go?"

Sasuke had a slight frown for a second, a bit confused as to why Sakura was apologizing, but then the little confusion turned into a realization and Sasuke nodded his head before moving on to answer her question.

"I went to Naka Shrine."

Sakura nodded.

"I talked to my brother." Sakura looked at Sasuke, for a second she almost saw the longing in his eyes.

"Tell me all about it?" Sakura asked, tilting her head waiting for his answer.

Sakura only knew little about his parents and even more little about his brother. When they were young, Sakura heard Itachi was a branded rogue and a member of the notorious group Akatsuki. He was also the one who murdered the members of the Uchiha Clan, living only Sasuke alive. But what else does Sakura know? She tried to avoid prodding with his past but there is always a part of her who wanted to know.

"I'll tell you next time," Sasuke said and Sakura pouted. Suddenly she felt his fingers on her forehead and the pinkette was reminded of the day Sasuke went to his journey of atonement.

Sasuke did it again, saying next time accompanied with that forehead poke. On any other occasion, Sakura would have blushed like she did so madly when Sasuke first did that forehead poke with a promise to bring her on his next journey. But now, Sakura felt more annoyed than bashful.

She rubbed her forehead and pouted with a deep frown that scream annoyance.

When Sasuke saw her expression, the Uchiha couldn't help but chuckle. Because how could he not? When Sakura looked like him when he was young, always pouting, looking annoyed whenever his brother would poke his forehead like that. The pinkette stomped her foot and walked towards the bedroom and Sasuke still felt his shoulders shaking up and down as he chuckled.

"I guess I know why he always did that," Sasuke said, rubbing his own forehead where his brother always poked him. "She looks cute."

Shaking his head, Sasuke went towards the bedroom, contemplating whether to console Sakura or let her little wave of annoyance wash away.

_____

Sasuke and Sakura almost forgot about the barbecue dinner they promised Ino they would attend. Until a knock came from the door and Ino announcing herself as she entered the apartment.

"Let's go? Everyone's waiting," she said cheerfully as she linked her arm around Sakura's arm and half dragged the pinkette out of her apartment, Sasuke following closely behind.

When they arrived at the barbecue house, Sakura remembered it was the same barbecue house she and Sasuke ate at about two weeks ago and the familiar smell of grilled barbecue in black tea flavour wafted in her nostrils.

Ino looked around as her eyes caught a waving hand in the far corner. The blonde saw Ten Ten waving her hand and she dragged Sakura towards their table.

"We saved you guys a seat," Ten Ten said gesturing for them to sit on an empty spot on the left.

Sakura looked around at the familiar faces of her former classmates and friends. Starting from her right side of the sit was Ino, beside her sat Sai, then Ten Ten and Lee, Kiba and Shino sat at the other end of the table. Sakura's eyes turn to the other side of the table and saw Shikamaru and sitting beside him was Temari.

"Temari?" Sakura asked, a bit confused as to why the Suna shinobi was here.

"Sakura, nice to see you again," the woman nodded in acknowledgement towards Sasuke who nodded in return.

"I had to escort the Kazekage. We arrived here last night. Since I don't have anything else to do, Ino invited me here. I had to drag this lazy ass in here as well." Temari slapped Shikamaru's hand as he attempted to light a cigar.

Sakura remembered the incident before, when they had to rescue Shikamaru, he was manipulated and almost killed Temari. After the incident, Sakura could've sworn something was going on between them. The pinkette dismissed it as a mere fact that they are friends. But then came Naruto and Hinata's wedding and Sakura saw Shikamaru and Temari together. By then, she was convinced something was indeed going on between them.

Sakura's eyes turned to the woman sitting beside Temari. The pinkette frowned, racking her brain to remember her name.

"Karui?" She asked, looking at the black redhead beauty from Kumo.

"Like Temari here, I came to escort the Raikage. And this man over here asked me to come, so here I am."

Choji on the other hand, seem more busy with the menu than to explain why he brought the Kumo shinobi here. Wasn't she the one who beat the crap out of Naruto's face beyond recognition before? It seems everything about that has been bygone as Sakura doubt Naruto still remembered it.

Speaking of whom, Sakura looked around. Come to think of it, two individuals were still missing in action.

"Ino, where are Naruto and Hinata?" Sakura asked. But before Ino could answer, the Uzumaki came barging in the barbecue house as he instantly notice the group of his former classmates and made his way to them.

Sasuke looked beside him and saw the empty sit and sighed. Naruto, noticing it, sat beside Sasuke while Hinata sat beside him.

"And we're complete," Ino said.

They proceeded to place their orders. Not long after they were all grilling barbecues with some occasional chatter here and there.

"So," Ino started as she gulped her red tea. "We all know there are some due announcements that we needed to hear."

Sakura looked at Ino who nudged her elbow. The pinkette frowned and blinked her eyes in confusion. Ino on the other hand widened her eyes as if saying something to Sakura through telepathy. The pinkette however, looked at her best friend blankly.

Sakura was about to speak when she heard someone bickering from the sides. She looked up and saw Shikamaru and Temari whispering to each other like they were fighting or something. The two were so into their conversation that they did not realize everyone in the table were all staring at them.

Ino cleared her throat loudly and the two stopped bickering and looked up.

"What's going on?" Ino asked, smiling dangerously at Shikamaru.

"Temari wanted to say something," Shikamaru said earning him a slap on the back of his head from Temari.

"Why me?" She hissed.

Sakura looked at them, she has a faint idea as to what they were about to say. Actually, almost everyone has a faint idea. The two just need to say it out loud.

Temari cleared her throat and straightened up. She was about to speak when Shikamaru cut her to it.

"I asked Temari to change her clan's name. She will be officially included in the Nara Clan," Shikamaru said, rubbing the back of his neck, ether due to embarrassment or Temari's slapped hurts. "I already talked to his brothers. It's quite a drag."

Shikamaru sighed, same old Shikamaru that thinks everything is a drag. Ino looked at them in surprise, actually everyone looked at them in surprise.

"Wait, does that mean Temari is officially a Nara now?" Ino asked, and the squeal in her voice could be heard.

"Well," Temari started, a faint blush dusting her cheeks as she looked down. "We still have to talk to the elders tomorrow."

Ino finally let out a squeal and Sakura almost jumped in surprise. "I'm happy for you two!"

Everyone congratulated them, even Sasuke who was eating in silence nodded at them in acknowledgement.

After that short but very meaningful intervention, Ino turned her attention on Sakura who looked at the blonde in confusion. Ino was now wiggling her eyebrows and Sakura still had no idea what her best friend wanted.

Sakura was about to ask her when Karui raised her hand this time. "This guy here had something to say as well."

Choji, in the middle of eating the grilled barbecue, looked up, chopsticks still in his mouth. Karui rolled her eyes and sighed.

"I will be staying here in Konoha and officially become a part of the Akimichi clan."

Everyone was surprise at the sudden announcement. For five seconds everyone was frozen quiet. Never in their entire life would they ever think that the fiery redhead from Kumo would one day become a part of the gentle giants Akimichi clan. After five seconds of still quietness, everyone erupted in surprise that soon turned into a chorus of congratulations.

"Well, since everyone was revealing their relationship status," Sai started when the chorus of congratulations died down. "I guess it's about time to reveal ours," he said, eyes closed as he smiled, pulling Ino towards him.

Ino's eyes widen as she fought the mad blush about to take over her pale face. Her heart was beating so fast as Sai pulled her closer.

Kiba cleared his throat as he raised a glass. "I guess it's congratulations to these three beautiful kunoichi."

Everyone raised their glass and cheered. Kiba laughed awkwardly as he downed his glass in one go. Realizing this, Shino adjusted his spectacles. "Kiba, you seemed nervous. Is it because you're the only one who has yet to have girlfriend?"

Kiba elbowed Shino. "Hey it's not just me! It doesn't look like you have one as well!" He said defensively and everyone laughed.

In the midst of laughing, Sakura took what she thought was meat from the plate beside her and ate it. Only to realize it was actually tomato. Most likely, she took it from Sasuke's plate.

She was chewing the tomato when Sakura felt a sudden wave of nausea. She never disliked the food before so why was she feeling like this? The mere taste of the food almost made her stomach did flips. Sakura put her hand on her mouth as she looked down, trying her hard to swallow the tomato as well as the bile rising from her throat. No one else notice it because they were busy chattering and eating. When Sasuke looked beside, he saw Sakura, hand clasped on her mouth, hair shielding her face as she looked down swallowing a few times.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked, tilting his head to look at Sakura's face. Sakura shook her head, she doesn't want to speak because she knew when she does, she definitely throw up.

Sakura swallowed a few more times, hoping the bile would not rise up her throat. But to no avail, she felt the bile rise up her throat and she made a small whimper. Hearing that, Sasuke frowned.

"Sakura–"

Sasuke did not have the luxury to finish what he was about to say when the pinkette stood up and run towards where she thought the bathroom was. Once inside, she threw the bile rising up her throat. A few seconds later, when she felt the nausea had passed, she rinsed her mouth and took a deep breath.

Everyone watched the pinkette leave, and almost everyone had a surprise look written on their face, except Ino and Sasuke who knew why the pinkette had run to the bathroom.

Sasuke felt a nudge on his side and looked at Naruto. "Hey teme, aren't you gonna run after Sakura-chan?"

"She'll be fine. It happens every morning," The Uchiha might have revealed something really important as everyone narrowed their eyes at him. Sasuke, who looked a bit confused, just shrugged his shoulders. Realization first hit Hinata as she gasped and put her hands on her mouth.

"Is Sakura..?" Hinata trailed off as Sakura made her way back to the table.

"Are you alright? Do you want to go home?" Sasuke asked. Everyone knew he was worried, hence those questions, but the questions did not go along with his almost nonchalant expression.

"I'm fine. Sorry for suddenly leaving. I ate something really gross," Sakura said, glaring at the plate of tomatoes in front of Sasuke. The pinkette blinked and looked at everyone who held a knowing expression on their face as if they know something she does not.

"I'm really fine," Sakura said, assuring them. For some odd reason, Sakura felt consciousness crept in her as their eyes looked down and settled on her stomach. The pinkette frowned and slowly held her stomach.

They all looked up at her, some of them with their eyebrows raised in question.

"So why did Ino suddenly ask us all out tonight?" Kiba said knowingly.

"That's because Ino said someone will announce something important," Shino said this time, Sakura felt like he has his eyes narrowed to her but she couldn't tell because of the black spectacles shielding his eyes.

"But then everyone announces their engagements and relationship status. So what is the important announcement really?" Ten ten said as she looked at Sakura intently.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about," the pinkette said, trailing off she slowly looked down her stomach.

She blinked, realizing something, as she looked up at all of them. Sakura chuckled sheepishly as she constructed her words and how she would tell them.

Well, telling them as simple as possible is what she decided on. No more beating around bush, she took a deep breath and smiled a little.

"I'm pregnant."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I couldn't update yesterday sorry y'all! And it's Sarada's birthday yesterday! Ahhhh Happy Belated Birthday to the Uchiha Princess.

I've got lots of school works to do at the University so I will be a bit busy starting April.

But don't worry, I'll try to make time to write and update as often as I could! Even if it takes me long to update, I'll make up to it by writing longer Chapters, how's that sound?

Anyways, hope you guys like this Chapter. Thanks for reading, vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
3.4K 126 10
โ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚.โž โคท After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his s...
74.9K 2.4K 30
After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha. The youngest son, Sasuke Uchiha, took ov...
359K 20.2K 67
Everything in life has a price that must be paid, but it cost Sakura Haruno her entire world. Now having no one to rely on but herself, Sakura must f...