To Heal A Lonely Heart

By killjoy_assbutt

When the White Wolf is hired to kill a rogue witch, he goes for it - at first. Coin is coin, after all, and f... More

Witch!
The Witcher
Early Mornings
Freedom
A New Life
Fangs and Black Eyes
Broken
A Good Man
Confession
Blood
Healing
The Devil of Posada
O' Valley of Plenty
Scars
Call Me A Bitch Again, I Dare You!
Tossed Coins and Steaming Baths
Not One Quiet Day
Potions Of Sage
You're The One Who Could Have Died!
Not The Wedding Night I Had In Mind
Stupid Curse
Not A Vukodlak
Lies, Secrets And Curses
Two Curses Lifted in one Night
Monsters and Money
Make This House a Home
Home
Something Is Missing
You'd Be A Great Father
The Sisters Of Melitele
I've Missed You, My Love
Every Time You Leave
Please Stay, My Friend
Please Don't Tell Me It's The Bard!
He's Our Guest
I Had A Dream of us Having A Daughter
I'll Come Back To You As Soon As I Can
The Goddess' Gift
Coming Home To A Very Special Surprise
Advantages Of Elven Blood
I Can't Wait To Meet Them
Summer Heat And ... Another Kind Of Heat
Who's More Reckless?
Back To The 'Other Kind Of Heat'
Peace, Interrupted
Aard The Bard
Not All Tears Are Evil
First Kicks
It's Happening
Complications
The Wolf And His Pup
Our Little Fox
First Day With The Little Fox
It Caught Up With Us
Royalty Is Best Taken In Small Doses
Not A Boring Banquet
The Law of Surprise
Reckless Decision
Maybe It Was Fate
Are You Fucking Sorry?!
Peace, Fully Restored
You're My Favourite Place
Nightmares
Had To Let Him Go
Forgive Me
It's Getting Better
Bedtime
Moonbathed
A Baking Witcher?
This Isn't Kaer Morhen
Nightly Visit
Crimson Lips and Poisoned Smiles
I Want To Help Her
Keep You Safe Tonight
Caught
Are They Too Young?
You Need Someone To Watch Your Back
On The Road Again
Witcher Wanted
The Calm Before The Storm
Graverobber

Like Our First Meeting

3.1K 94 3
By killjoy_assbutt

I woke up the next morning to birds chirping and soft sunlight streaming through the windows. All was peaceful, and for once, it didn't mean that something was watching us, ready to pounce; the calm before the storm. No, this peace was meant to last.

Lazily, I stretched and rolled back over to Geralt, moving even closer to him, climbing to lay completely on top of him, soaking up my husband's warmth.

"Good morning," he murmured sleepily. His raspy morning voice made me smile.

"Morning," I mumbled back, lifting my head to press a lazy kiss to his lips.

"Didn't you have plans for today?" he chuckled, attempting to move me off him.

I gripped onto him tightly.

"Noooo," I whined, "You're so warm." I pressed myself even closer to him.

Defeated, Geralt let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close.

"You're one hundred thirty years old," he muttered slowly, "How about you act like it?"

"That's not old," I murmured back, "It's like the human eviqua-" tiredness slurred my voice "equivalent of twenty-five."

"If you say so, my love," my husband's deep and warm voice rumbled through my ears. "But you wanted to go to the village. Not that I want to get up, but, if we don't go there soon, all the good stuff will be gone."

I groaned, not wanting to get off him, to leave his warmth, but realized he was right. I got up with a huff and walked into the washroom. Geralt followed, chuckling amused. We got washed up quickly, got dressed: Geralt in his usual clothes, minus the armour, and I in a simple dress I took from my old home.

Still, both of us hid daggers in our boots – just in case. Even if neither of us was defenceless without a weapon, it filled us with an uneasy feeling to leave without carrying at least one. Making a living out of killing monsters and all... It really fucks with your head.

Once we were done, Geralt grabbed a coin purse, as I had already stormed outside, we saddled our horses and made our way to the village. I conjured some bread for breakfast. On our way, I went through all things we'd need – again.

"I think, I can find some herbs in the forest. But we still need to look out for some in the village. Gods, we'll need so much. And not just to eat, we'll need to plant a lot, t-" I rambled.

Geralt, previously riding next to me with a smile on his face like a puppy following its mother and listening, interrupted my rambling with his deep, rough yet calming voice.

"Why don't we see what they have first, my love?"

I turned to him, slightly embarrassed, and nodded.

"Yeah... you're probably right. It's just... it's been so long since I had to go to town to buy food. Before we met - before you broke into my cottage," I smirked at the memory, "I had everything I needed in my garden."

He tilted his head, a playful-offended look on his face. "I didn't break into your cottage, the door was wide open," he argued.

"Oh, please! I know I had closed that door. Hell, I had even bolted it," I countered.

"You didn't," he smirked at me.

"I did! And even if I hadn't, no one came to my house, anyway. They hated me, but were too scared to get close, remember? That was why they had you go to me." I paused. "Did you sense me? That day." My voice was small. All – even though it was played the whole time – anger forgotten.

"I did. Yes," Geralt answered softly. He stared into my eyes, the tender expression charming his already handsome features.

"And you didn't turn, didn't look at me. Only when I threw that dagger..."

"You didn't feel like a threat. Well, until you picked up that sword. But even then, you were a weak opponent," he said, the cockiness of his smile flowing into his voice.

"Careful, mister, you taught me, afterwards. I have improved a lot since then, thanks to you," I said in a playfully accusing tone.

Then, I spurred Shadow and galloped ahead.

"Woman," I heard him mutter behind me – he was probably shaking his head – as I raced him to the village, the thunder of Roach's hooves coming closer and closer, and I laughed. I was just so happy to escape from our life for some time. We could live like a normal couple, even if it was just for a short while.

Geralt caught up on me, raced ahead and blocked my path. I halted Shadow quickly. My husband had an arrogant look on his face now, smirking at me.

"If you're so sure you can beat me, then let's see when we get back. Loser has to do the laundry."

I huffed. I would have had to do the laundry anyway. If he was convinced that he'd win, why not pick one of his chores?

"Okay," I mumbled, "But let's go, before everything's gone."

The village wasn't big, but the soil around was rich, the farmers blessed with a large harvest almost every year. That being said, we had no trouble getting all the things we needed, the offer was plentiful.

One of the first things we bought – for exactly that reason – was a small donkey-drawn cart, including the donkey. The cart soon leaded with all kinds of vegetables: carrots, cabbage, beans, potatoes and so much more; everything I could plant, if it was for potions or to eat, we bought.

The people were friendly, they didn't come after us and call us names when they noticed Geralt's medallion or my ears, they didn't judge. Still, Geralt held my hand the whole time, protectively, while eyeing the people around us suspiciously. I squeezed his hand reassuringly, and soon enough he relaxed.

At a few stalls, I had mentioned that I was a healer, and the people smiled welcoming, telling us that the last healer they had died a few years ago, so they were in desperate need of a new one. Smiling at how open-minded the people were around here, I told them where they'd find us, in case they needed a healer or a witcher.

After a few hours, we had everything we'd need: food, seeds to plant, things to run the household with (a wash basin for laundry) and so much more. We rode back home.

"So, ready to show me what you've got?" Geralt asked me, raising a brow playfully, once our house came in sight.

I turned towards him, smiling victoriously. "Don't get me wrong, minne, I love you, but... I'll fuck you up. Just let me go change quickly, then you'll see..."

"Oh no. No, no, no. You chose to wear that dress today, now deal with the consequences," he smirked back, jumping off Roach's back.

I hadn't even noticed we had reached our house by now; I was too focused on Geralt. So, while he unloaded the cart – he wouldn't let me help him – I went to fetch our swords. I leaned them against the wall next to the door, and then went to pull the saddle off my horse's back, cleaning her from the dust that had caught in her fur. Shadow huffed appreciatively when I led her to the paddock connected to the barn. Geralt did the same with Roach and went to get his sword.

I followed him and grabbed my blade, running off to the open space in front of our home. Once in the open field, I tucked the hem of my skirt into my belt, making the dress shorter, so I wouldn't stumble.

Geralt walked up to me slowly, chuckling, his swords lifted to attack. He stopped a good six feet in front of me. I raised my blade, staring to walk in a semicircle.

"Loser does the laundry, huh? You seem quite convinced that you'll win, minne," I teased as we circled each other.

"I'm not convinced; I know I'll win, my love. I've been fighting my whole life and you only for ten years," he teased back.

I knew his tactic; he was trying to get me to attack him first, giving him the advantage of blocking the first blow and using its strength to fight back. I wouldn't grant him this advantage, though. He was the one to propose this fight, he could attack first.

Gods, this must sound awfully violent. 'What happened, I thought you loved each other?' Don't get me wrong. We do, but a little competition never hurts. This fight... we weren't going to actually hurt the other. It was more of a training. We'd both need that for when we had to leave again.

We had circled each other for at least three times now, when Geralt finally lost his patience. He charged forward, delivering a clean downward swing. I could have blocked it, and pushed him back with the power of his impact, but I decided otherwise. So, instead, I spun out of his path, making his blow slice through the air. He stumbled slightly. I blew a little air through my nose, a laugh.

Geralt turned and smirked at me, charging again. This time, I blocked and pushed him back. This went on for some time, the two of us dancing, metal scraping over metal. It continued until-

"Hey!" I yelled, trying hard to hold back a giggle at my husband's triumphant expression. He was too sure of himself. Geralt had knocked my blade out of my hand, sent it flying. He lowered his sword and started walking towards me. If he thought this fight was over...

I dived to the side, rolling over the ground, and landed right beside my sword. I grabbed it and jumped up again, ready to charge at my husband – gods, that sounds awful!

But Geralt wouldn't let me steal his victory so easily. Just as I stood on my feet again, I was pushed back, hitting the ground. Had he just used Aard on me?! If that's how he wanted to play, fine.

I waited till he stood above me, then reached my hand out and pushed him back with my magic. He hit the ground with a grunt and I jumped to my feet, pointing the tip of my blade to his chest.

"Do you yield?" I smirked cockily.

With a fast movement, Geralt jumped to his feet, already delivering the next blow. I blocked. We stood there for a moment, staring at each other.

"Never," he growled out.

I spun and charged at him again. Our dance continued. I don't know how we ended up here, but after some time, Geralt had be laying on my back again, my wrists locked tightly in his grip, next to my head. He was leaning in close.

"Thisfeels awfully familiar," his voice rumbled through me, all competition vanished.

"Mhh," I hummed in agreement, "yeah. But now I'm brave enough for something I wanted to do back then."

"And what would that be?"

"Let me go and I'll show you."

With a cocked brow, Geralt slowly loosened his grip on my wrist and I pulled them away from him quickly, cupping the sides of his head and pulling him in for a kiss. Surprised, he kissed back, his one hand holding onto my waist, while the other arm supported his weight on his elbow.

I rolled us over, and with one hand reached for the dagger in my boot, but Geralt's hand on my waist, reaching out for my wrist, stopped me.

"Oh no, no, no, love. You've lost," he said firmly, pulling out of the kiss, rolling us back around.

I huffed, but gazed up at him, smiling, my free hand pulling him down to me again. "I wouldn't consider this 'losing'," I muttered against his lips, as we let our tongues and lips continue or battle. Again, Geralt won, but I wasn't mad about it, he was great when he took control.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3.4K 38
Geralt of Rivia was best known as the White Wolf. A Witcher. A killing machine. However like all, there is a time before. Like most young boys, they...
40.3K 937 49
Part 2 of 'Toss A Coin | Geralt X OC | The Witcher FF' - Focus on 'The Witcher Nightmare of the Wolf'- - Focus on 'The Witcher Season 2' (when releas...
143 2 2
Count Julian Pankratz, a chronically ill man who has more love than he knows what to do with with his short life. That was until he met his new nurse...
1.1K 234 32
Let me be straight up and say, this is extremely unedited. I wrote this in the notepad on my phone a couple years ago when I was in an entirely diffe...