๐š‚๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐šŠ๐šข ||Zombies 2||...

By Sorsha18

sequel to ๐ˆ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ he had leaned in closer to a point where I could feel his breath on my face, eye... More

introduction
Separating The Ties
Camp Rocks
What Wolves? Here Wolves? Werewolves.
Panic
New Kids In Town
It's Wyatt
Like The Zombies Do
A Leader (who's no longer in the shadows)
I Am Too
Kidnapped?
I'm A What Now?
Misinterpretation
Decisions
Am I Ready To Be One Of Them?
Ready To Defend
This Is A Declaration
When Leadership Is In Need
New Schedule (please read)
When Leadership Is In Need (real chapter)
Will You Go To Prawn With Me?
We're Gonna Be Someday
We Are All Different
Will I be making a Zombies 3 story?
Zombies 3

Crushed

2.5K 52 6
By Sorsha18

A/N so if anyone was confused about last chapter and how part of it was in italics and kinda changed story wise, that's because those were flashbacks. Sorry for not making that clear. The final flashback shown was an actual part from the first book which I hope brought some type of connection from the readers who were with me back then to now. So if you were confused because of the different writing style shown that is because the piece I used for the flashback has not yet been edited in the first book, meaning what you all witnessed was my old writing.

Anyway enjoy the early update :))

My tall zombie friend, Zed, took confident strides forward, towards his father. "You gotta stop the demolition dad" the boy pleaded. "I know how hard you worked to get this job, but if it's gonna hurt the werewolves you have to stop it"

His father looked up at him. Endearment in his eyes, proud to have a son who stood up for what he believed in, who currently is showing his concern and care towards others.

The man bit his chapped bottom lip and nodded, not breaking eye contact with his oldest child.

"You're right, and Addison's right, and so is Becca" the zombie man stated, looking towards his colleagues to get the point across. "Shut it down" he ordered, "stop the detonation."

My uncle, seemed frustrated, but not towards the werewolves. With himself. I know this because he refused to even look in my direction, and I could tell with the way his shoulders drooped, that it was not because of anger.

"Tomorrow, when it's safe, we'll find what you're looking for. But right now you can all go home!"

Cheers sprang throughout the old rusted walls, growing louder as one by one the werewolves were set free from the annoying metal handcuffs.

My eyes squinted as my cheeks lifted, the grin on my face never ending.

I stood closest to Wynter, resulting in an almost bone crushing hug. Her arms strongly held me close, to a point were my feet were no longer touching the dusty ground. "Wynter, Wynter" I spoke with the little air left in my lungs. Her eyes widening in realization, she quickly set me down.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips when I heard the clack of my boots hitting the cement.

"Too much?" She asked with a pout, feeling embarrassment and shame cover her like a blanket.

Rubbing my probably bruised ribs I giggled and shook my head.

"No no, just enough" I told her. This pulled a grin from her, the excitement she gained from my response was shown by the sparkle in her wide eyes.

Looking the left side of her, Willa's hands had just been freed, and I don't think I have ever seen the wolf leader smile as much as she was right now. In the heat of the moment, she initiated a hug. Pulling me close to her, the height difference between us now impossible to ignore. We both laughed softly, just letting this moment happen.

When we pulled away are smiles didn't falter, there was no reason it would. We both proved to each other through this protest that we'd be there for the other, wether the situation be big or small.

The sound of someone close by clearing their throat pulled my attention.

Not surprised by the result of the culprit, my smile somehow grew wider. Not even given the wolf a chance to react I ran towards him and practically jumped it his arms.

As if expecting this, the boy gripped onto me tightly and swung me around, the strength of the hold not wavering. I was being thrown into a fit of giggles at this point, bouncing on the balls of my feet when he set me down. My arms not leaving his neck.

"We did it" he exclaimed through his heavy breathing. I nodded my head in amusement, because yeah, we did it, every one of us, we stopped the demolition.

Pulling him in once more I buried my face in the crook of his neck, afraid to let the boy go. Afraid to have him taken from me again.

And new tears started flowing. The sad ones already dried up on my red cheeks, new happy ones taking their place.

Wyatt, feeling the warm tears drip onto his neck before getting absorbed into the fabric of his shirt, held me tighter. Not caring about Wynter's continuos chanting of 'aw's and his sister's smirk he barely caught from the corner of his eye.

He too did not want to lose the one he held so close to him. Did not want to see the girl he believed to be an angel cry.

***

My uncle and his crew of cops lead us towards the exit. Heads bowed down apologetically, shoulders slumped with regret.

The whole time of our transition to the outdoors I kept a firm grip on Wyatt's arm and jacket. Still not feeling comfortable with letting go just yet. Thankfully the boy had been sweet about it, cheeks matching my own tinted ones.

"We did it! We stopped the demolition!" Addison exclaimed, the energy from the confrontation still coursing through her, like it was for many others. Wynter's bubbly exterior had returned, the wolf bouncing on the balls of her feet with much excitement.

Usually this celebratory feeling would not be too welcomed by Willa, the stoic and respected girl. But she smiled and chuckled along with me at the sight of our wolf friend easing herself into her naturally bubbly posture.

The crowd of werewolves and I stopped in front of my two closest friends. Ready to embarrass the young couple.

Zed glanced at us warily before reaching into his jacket. What he pulled out had made Addison's lips curved upward, while mine turned down to a concerned frown.

I knew Zed, heck, I knew him very well. I know when he's upset, angry, tired, hungry, frustrated. And I knew the emotion he was portraying very well.

Guilt.

My cousin was too filled to the brim with relief to notice the way his shoulders slumped, or how his hands began to slightly shake.

It didn't take long for me to put the pieces together. Zed hadn't been very supportive of our endeavors, even going as far as to hurt one of the wolves (which I hadn't fully forgiven him for). She didn't lose the necklace. She wouldn't just misplace it. He took it. He stole it.

My frown deepened, even when Wyatt began to soothingly rub circles on my back.

"..I stole it when you weren't looking." The zombie boy admitted, shame evident through his body language as he confessed to his unjustified actions.

"I thought I lost it." The girl softly spoke, shock being the first emotion to arise. "I questioned myself." She grumbled, anger starting the raise it's ugly head.

Not wanting to see my friends argue, I put my attention towards a loose string on Wyatt's jacket. Gently curling my finger around it, careful as to not too not damage the material. My mind slightly hazy from fatigue. The day's events draining my adrenaline.

"I finally find where I belong and you try to steal that from me? Why would I ever go to the Prawn with you after what you did?"

The white haired girl's outburst erased some of the fatigue, my mind on high alert hearing those words come from her mouth.

"Becca" she called out to me. She made the gesture of putting her necklace on so I'd get the message.

Unraveling myself from the warm embrace, I pulled out the small box from my jacket. Anxiety and anxiousness starting to get the better of me.

Wynter clapped her hands in excitement before snatching the box from my hands, recklessly pulling the gemstone from it's case before placing it into Wyatt's awaiting palms.

Not being able to wait much longer, with the excitement to find her true calling, and wanting to rub this moment in her boyfriend's face, my cousin clasped the necklace around her bare neck. She faced away from the crowd as she did this, causing us to lean in closer, wanting to see the results of the magical gemstone.

We waited with anticipation for the girl to turn around. And when she did, our reactions were mixed.

Having her hands up in a 'threatening' motion, Addison grinned at Bree and I, waiting with expectancy, waiting for a good reaction.

But a good and happy reaction was not what she received.

Lowering her hands she popped the question, "am I?" She asked. Which broke my heart, seeing how happy my cousin was, oblivious to her current look.

The wolves pouted and frowned, some grew teary and emotional, while others were just shocked. The prophecy didn't follow through. Addison wasn't the great Alpha.

And a part of me was really dependant on that. Because even with the way I had become closer to the pack leader, and the pack itself, I was not ready mentally, to take on such a high role in a society I was just beginning to know.

Bree took hold of the girl's hands. "You're beautiful Addy. But, the same beautiful that you've always been."

Admitting his wrong in believing the kind girl was their destiny, Wyatt spoke in a small and shaky voice. The tone being one that I hadn't heard. "She's not a werewolf" he said to his sister. Clutching onto my designated gemstone tighter than necessary.

I understood the harshness of this reality, so I pulled the boy into a hug. Reaching to the back of his head to push it down to my shoulder. It was my turn to comfort him.

Rubbing Wyatt's scalp as I felt his staggered breathing on my clothed shoulder, I gave the boy a light brush of my lips on his cheek.

Or in other much bolder words, I kissed the boy's cheek. Lucky for me though, his sister, who was the only one with the view of the action of public affection being displayed, had not been paying attention.

The affection I had given him had caused his initial emotion of sadness to fade. And I could've sworn I had felt the taller boy grin into my neck.

Releasing Wyatt from the hug I rocking on my feet. The delayed feeing of anxiousness and embarrassment finally getting to me. The once frowning teen now had a confident and satisfied grin, not helping my embarrassment in any way.

Snapping out of our own little world, the wolves no longer felt disappointment. But once again excitement slithered through the air.

Wyatt twirled the sparkly gem around his fingers, his own happiness shining through (brighter than the others because of the secret interaction). The pack of werewolves fully realized what role I played in their prophecy. If it wasn't Addison, then it was me, the girl who is still having doubts.

My knees started wobbling with worry and my palms started to feel sweaty under their expecting gazes.

Willa, who stood up front, closest to me and Wyatt, looked at me with a sharp gaze, but still with a smile, trying to sugarcoat her persuasion for me to carry on.

It seemed like everyone was caving in on me. My mind starting to dart between all outcomes of my current situation. The air in my lungs seeming to become smaller and smaller portions as the seconds ticked by.

It was now or never. And so I opened my mouth to reject the offer, at least for now-

"Oh my gosh, boss, boss!"

The sudden entrance of an unfamiliar voice caused me to jump in fright from where I stood. It was the voice a frantic construction worker, who dashed his way towards Zed's father to deliver some type of news.

"We have a problem!"

My ears perked up and the wolves all went on high alert, completely abandoning my coronation of becoming a werewolf. Hastily shoving the necklace in his pants pocket, Wyatt, along with his friends turned there head towards the anxious man.

"The remotes shorted out, and now the detonation time is running!" The man stated.

A small gasped escaped my lips at the sight of the situation at hand. The situation we tried so desperately to stop.

"Well shut it off!"

"I can't!"

I made eye contact with an equally worried Addison before running with the crowd to see the damage that we so desperately tried to stop.

My hands clasped over my mouth as I watch in horror. The many pillars holding the building up were broken down my the explosion, causing the tall building to come crashing down, resulting in a pile of dust and rubble.

My heart had almost stopped, seeing our one chance of saving the werewolves, of saving my friends, get crushed in the heap of broken down cement.

"What have they done?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2.6K 31
Book 1 of where I belong series - Y/n is a ordinary girl with a white streak in her hair she is not from seabrook she came from a place that is unk...
78.9K 1.6K 28
Book 2 of where I belong series - It's been a year now since Y/n found out that she was the Great Alpha and it's been great She and Wyatt have an am...
10.5K 170 18
Seabrook has always been a quiet place well besides the zombies and now werewolves are coming. But what if I told you that there is another kind in S...
28.9K 822 16
{Eliza x female!reader} Welcome to Seabrook high! Or well the basement anyway... A shy Zombie girl into musical theatre fell in love with the hacker...