Arknights: (Winter's Arc)

Od TheLazyYu

A story of a man who had overcome a lot of struggles just to achieve his ideals at the world of Terra Více

Prologue
(Chapter 1) - The Bounty Hunter
(Chapter 2) - Identity
(Chapter 3) - Espionage
(Chapter 4) - Setup
(Chapter 5.5) - Nightmare
(Chapter 6) - Trouble with Women
(Chapter 7) - MEDIC!
(Chapter 8) - Taken
(Chapter 9) - Savior
(Chapter 10) - Painful
(Chapter 11) - Recovery
(Chapter 12) - Siesta [Part 1]
(Chapter 13) - Siesta [Part 2]
(Chapter 14) - Siesta [Part 3]
(Chapter 15) - Closer to the truth
(Chapter 16) - Clash
(Chapter 17) - Insanity of a broken man
(Chapter 18) - The Hym of Winter's Oath
(Bonus)
(Chapter 19) - The Hidden Mask
(Chapter 20) - Comrades
(Chapter 21) - 2nd Phase
(Chapter 22) - Commitment
(Chapter 23) - Last Hope
[Lemon] (Chapter 24) - Shape of a Frozen Heart
(Chapter 25) - Discovery
(Chapter 26) - Bullet
(Chapter 27) - Cold Blood
(Chapter 28) - Land of Shadows
(Chapter 29) - Ah Kurwa
(Chapter 30) - Press the Attack
(Chapter 31) - Confrontation
(Chapter 32) - A necessary sacrifice
(Chapter 33) - Dragon Witch
(Chapter 34) - Sync
(Chapter 35) - Mission
(Final Chapter)
(Special Chapter) - Why i Fight
(Special Chapter 2) - Fruit
Timewatch (Profile)
Important Announcement!!!
Hourglass of Time - [Fate]
Hourglass of Time - [Intentions]

(Chapter 5) - Thoughts/Memories/Movement

3.4K 75 75
Od TheLazyYu

Meanwhile at the Main Base of Reunion

Talulah had just woken up from her bed.. The Reunion leader turns around and heard a knock on the door. revealing her subordinate W...

"Report W..." Talulah as she slaps her face to wake herself up...

"Yes... Flamebringer has been recruited by Rhodes Islands... After breaching the office. The doctor launched an attack and rescued their friends... as for Timewatch, and the bounty hunter Skadi...we don't know their reason for being there..." W said very annoyed that she saw the doctor... just by recalling the name is driving her into bloodlust...

"Though i got to say... even big brother has managed to beat you down... Did you somehow fall from his charms? he is handsome..." She teased Talulah making the grayish-haired dragon mad... "Shut your mouth..."

Talulah recalled their fight again... she was about to burn him into a spot... but when the flames almost reached his skin... He quickly disappeared and just showed himself behind... after that she lost her consciousness...

Although she had know his ability to increase his speed... But there's something knew... His weapons materialized suddenly... plus that...

"He's gonna be a problem... he may not be working for that ridiculous doctor... but what is the reason for a sudden appearance?"

W just shrugged at Talulah... since she can't answer that for reunion... For Ryo... it answers to try and take back W...

"Beats me..." W said as the leader sighed and got up her bed... "Is Crownslayer alright?" W nods and replied... "Yeah... that Kjerg defender is a pain eating my explosives... luckily she managed to buy some time so i can rescue you... more like carry you i mean... my princess~" She grins and all of a sudden a fireball was casted and almost hit her... but she dodged...

"Your done for today... Assemble Mephisto and the others... We should discuss later about our next move..."

W then chuckles as she left her... Talulah sighed and couldn't think of what the retired mercenary did earlier...

Meanwhile at Rhodes Islands

Dr. Kal'tsit was checking Lappland's health... so far she seemed fine after the battle with Timewatch...

"You really are an idiot..." Texas said as Amiya was done assisting Kal'tsit at her check up...

"Sorry..." Even though Lappland is a bit of a psycho, when Texas is with her... there are times that she can be calm... "But this feeling when i met him... why do i crave so much to fight him!" She begans panting and Kal'tsit flick her forehead... "Don't move too much idiot..."

"Y-Yes doctor..." Lappland apologizes... Yes she is more scared at Kal'tsit than the others...

"So far... nothing. he didn't do anything bad to you... just rest well Lappland..." Kal'tsit explained... but at the back of her mind... 'What did he do that lose Lappland strength?'

Outside the infirmary... we could see a hunter waiting for it's prey to come out and pounce at the two Lupos...

The two came out and saw Red with stars in her eyes... "Red... will now enjoy the Fluffiness of your tails..." As she said that... Lappland and Texas made a run... screaming at the hallways...

.
.
.

"So that's it?" Yumi said quite annoyed hearing Meteorite's report...

"Yes we're sorry to report it..." Frostleaf apologizes, while Jessica looks like she's about to cry again...

"That's alright... your lives are our first priority..." Yumi said still doubting why is Reunion trying to extract the Originites at the crater... "Take the opportunity to rest and get your strength back up... we will be sending you again on another operation in the next week... You three are dissmised..." Yumi ordered as the three nods and left her room...

The doctor took a sip at her black coffee and sighed... He wanted to talk to Ryo about something... With motivation she headed towards the dormitories to ask a favor to some operators...

"I can't believe he's there! Why didn't you stop him Saria? Ch'en asked annoyed...

"Calm yourself Ch'en" Hoshiguma said trying not to let another quarrel began... "It ain't good to be stress always..."

"What's your problem? Whenever he's the topic your annoyed... do you like him or something? Saria raised an eyebrow and somehow hit a nail at Ch'en... "Huh? Like hell I'll fall from that big jerk!"

At this point Hoshiguma was intrigued and wanted to know... "Did you and Ryo had a history?"

Swire happened to be there organizing the boxes and so she replied at the green haired Oni's question... "Oh you don't know? it was when Lungmen hired him to work on a international crime... He and our tsundere here was partnered  to the investigation..."

Ch'en went pale as her subordinate wss exposing her dark secret... "One time Ch'en got injured at their Co-vert OP... That she became a burden to Timewatch...

Flashback

"Damn it! Ch'en are you alright?" the mercenary asked as he saw a wound at her ankle...

It wasn't that deep, but a arrow with some posion applied hit her...

"Do you think I'm alright?!" Ch'en snarled...

Timewatch tossed a flashbang and the enemies were blinded for a second... "What a pain... fine" he is annoyed at her attitude... Ryo was just concerned at his partner... "Hold on tight!"

"Hey- No! I can walk!" she struggles... As Ryo lift her up, he grabs her tail making the blue haired dragon girl moans... "Stop that!"

But Timewatch ignored and he carries her out escaping the terrorists...

Flashback End

"You really need to get along with him..." Hoshiguma laughs while Ch'en is at the floor hanging her head trying to hide the embarrassment... "Swire your not supposed to tell her that!" Ch'en hissed but Swire just gave teasing grin...

"I'll never forgive him! i swear I'll cut him into pieces!" she declared as the door opens... "Doctor..." Saria got everyone's attention and Yumi came in... "I need a favor to ask..." she says... The operators nods and listen to her words...

Meanwhile with Ryo and Skadi

As Adnachiel dropped them off... Skadi helped the young man walked... She sits him down and saw the keypad...

"What's the six digit code?" she asked as the assassin replied... "177013..." Inputing the code... The door opens, and Skadi lifted him up and carried Ryo at the living room...

Skadi quickly takes off his coat and clothing and saw a scar on his chest near his heart...

!!!

And she suddenly remembered something... It felt like she knew someone who had the same scar at his chest...

!!!

A sudden image flashed through her mind and her head began to ache...

Ryo saw her reaction and spoke... "Seems like you still don't remember yet..."

"Never mind I'll go get the first aid kit..." She stood up but Ryo grabbed her hand  stopping Skadi... "No I'm fine... i just need a good breathing..." he sighs and let her sit down...

"5 years ago... I was a bounty hunter before... and i was partnered by a girl for a S-rank mission..." Ryo said... as he drank a weird potion emptying the vial

'5 years ago?' Just then Skadi remembers the scenario at the guild...

"I... can't... ahh... my head..." she says as Ryo then hugged her... "Don't force yourself to remember..."

"But i want to..." She snuggles a bit at him... Ryo sighed and told her the lost memory of him...

Flashback

5 years ago... Ryo have been assigned by the guild for a S-rank mission... And his partner was Skadi...

The two didn't get along at first... But Ryo was always the one to open up a conversation... thus Skadi was annoyed since she prefers to be alone... Time goes by and the two became close for 6 months...

But at their last operation... The two got separated due to the reinforcements...

Skadi was surrounded suddenly by Reunion forces... yes. their mission was to obliterate SkullShatterer... The Reunion knew their movement and set up a trap to ambush the two...

The Abyssal hunter was very wounded... Skullshatterer fired his Grenade launcher at her... Skadi couldn't move as her nerves won't do so...

"It was just then that i arrived..." Ryo then explains on how he got his other ability...

It was too late for Ryo when he saw that his Time Alter won't make it... but even so... he tried and broke the past limit of his 4x speed...

"Right when i dashed in a sniper fires a arrow towards my heart... I wasn't even paying attention at my enemies... since i tried to save you..."

Then a miracle happened... but even his attention is focused at saving his partner... he felt something weird...

The arrow was only 2  meters away from him... Everything stopped when he saw it...

Ryo was surprised... that's why he pulled a smoke grenade and popped it at the ground quickly... it was only a matter of one second, until time resumes...

"Ghh!" The arrow managed graze his chest... luckily he moved after the smoke pops out and rescued the girl as she fall unconscious at his arms...

Flashback Ends

"I may have told you yesterday that i was able to stop time... but that was no joke..." He said seriously as Skadi just nods...

"I call it Time Alter. Clock's world. And after my years of training i was able to stop time more than a second now" he said...

"But Ryo... if you and i are partners how come i don't remember you?" Skadi asked that made Ryo very guilty of something... "I...I... asked the guild to erase your memories about me... I know it's unforgivable... but i know that it's the best course of action... I'm tired of seeing my comrades dying cause of me... You can hate me if you want Skadi... i accept it..." He looks down and couldn't look at her in the eyes...

But Skadi hugged him again but more tightly than before... "No... I may have been telling myself for a long time... that i keep bringing misfortune to people... That's why i always work alone and don't socialize that much... cause in the end... they always die because of me..."

"That's why I'm thankful when i met you... Ryo... You saved me and didn't die... I thought you would...That's why Thank you for being alive..." Her tone of  voice is cold... but Ryo knew she was sincere... and so he smiles and hugged back...

"I take it that your still mad that i made a request to the guild to erase your memory..." They stopped hugging and parted...

"A little..." she pouts a bit making Ryo chuckles... "Hmm... is there anything i can do so i can be forgiven?"

With a quick idea... Skadi answered... "I'll be staying here from now on then..."

"I see..." he smiles and nods... "By the way..." Skadi says and points at the vial...

"Oh that... that's Mana made from Originium... Thanks to the machines i bought i made a way to process this and convert in into Liquid... hence the safest way to restore my Mana..." Ryo explains...

"Are there other ways of restoring Mana?" Skadi got a little bit curious and tilts her head making the retired mercenary sweat... "Yeah..." 'Nope she better not know...'

Skadi saw his eyes averted ans so she press for more to tell him... "Tell me..."

'Crap! like hell I'll tell her that method... whenever she's into something... she is determined! When not... she just dumbfoundedly ignored this and continues to be at her own world...'

"Meh... Not yet... remember you are my employee, so you have to work for it to get that info..." Ryo got himself together and said a excuse...

"How rude..." Skadi was annoyed making Ryo laugh...

'As usual she never change...' The young man smiles as they enjoyed talking a bit more...

At Rhodes Islands...

"I trust you in this mission..." Yumi said as the four nods... "Yes Doctor..." the girls said...

"Grani i want you to accompany them... since you can negotiate a talk to Skadi..."  Yumi said at the vanguard that is beside her... "Roger that Doctor..."

Thus Dr. Yumi started make a move now...

*******************************************

Hey now that took a while for my update... I made a slight error of Chapter 3... yeah... my bad... So i quickly edited it ... pretty hot here rn... My head started spinning after i took a nap... And couldn't finish this fast...

Anyway thanks so much for continuing to support and read my books leave a vote and comment if you liked the chapter and I will see you all in the next update...

PEACE OUT YEET!!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.9K 207 27
Visitors from Terra / Part II ------- It had been half a year since Amiya and her friends had left Earth. Everyone onboard Rhodes Island though that...
7.1K 112 160
Jason was the top assassin back on earth but during a dangerous life-threatening mission, his life came to an end. But fate has something else in s...
3.5K 112 15
Four years after a horrible heartbreak, Aurora is back in her own pack after being in college at another pack where she became a pack doctor. There...
112K 4K 24
TW- Swearing, Violence, Graphic Imagery When Y/N, a genius scientist, is sought after by the Fatui for discovering the key to their victory, she's ta...