Citlali [2]

By Amirathine

"kill me if you must, but i shall not bow to a king who wears a crown studded with jewels of every life he ha... More

epilogue
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.7
2.8
Here we go

2.6

977 36 18
By Amirathine

(edited)

Empty

That's all I felt inside.

The person I loved the most had been taken away from me and there was nothing I could do about it apart from play puppet.

Forced to go along with whatever Pike says, to do whatever he wishes, to go against everything I stand for just so the safety of one of the last people I have left is insured.

Being Pike's puppet meant going everywhere with him, just like Bellamy if you ask me, which also meant getting the great honour of sitting in on his meetings. 

Really I shouldn't be complaining much, he trusts me enough to listen in on his plans and not do anything about them, mainly because he thinks I can't do anything about it but jokes on him, I'm just going to tell people who can do something.

Like Kane and Miller who I happened to bump into before the meeting and they got me to place a bug in the room so they could listen in on everything Pike says.

Standing around a table was Pike, Bellamy, Monroe, Monty and Hannah. My eyes hang low and my hands play with each other out of boredom, my mind always going back to Cassius and Malachi.

"let's get this meeting started. Welcome farm station's own Monty Green and factory girl Zoe Monroe, oh and also the very lovely Wren Reyes" Pike starts off, making my head turn up at the sound of my name, my face instantly turning into a glare at his sarcasm.

He drones on about farming and destroying a grounder village for that land but all I hear is ringing in my ears, I have no energy to protest against the plan, knowing there's nothing I can do to change Pike's mind and Monty and Bellamy both realise that too after voicing their thoughts.

***

The meeting was done and I had enough of feeling liked a caged animal so I left without Bellamy noticing.

Walking through Arkadia I went to the one place I know my sister would be in.

Entering the room, I see Raven talking to Jaha and her with an unusually big smile on her face which was a rare sight to see.

I hadn't had much contact with Jaha since his return but I did have an eventful conversation with him about the whereabouts of a certain John Murphy who he claims ran away from him and when I asked why, he said the most ridicules thing about a city of light.

Jaha passes Raven a big bag and is about to leave when she spots me slowly walking into the room.

"Wren" she calls out in an uncharacteristic display of happiness.

Ignoring her unusually cheery mood, I pull her into a tight hug that I didn't know I needed until that point.

The warmth and love she radiates engulfs me and I can feel tear drops slowly drop from my eyes as some of the pain I've been holding in goes away at the thought that I still had someone who loved me and is there for me.

"what's wrong?" she questions, pulling away from me slightly to get a look at my crying face.

Not being able to hold it in any longer, more tears come out of my eyes and I drop to the floor, not really caring that Jaha is listening as I spill my guts out to Raven "Cassius is dead, Malachi has been put in prison, Pike is making me his puppet and I have to betray all the grounders and I can't trust Bellamy anymore and everyone is looking towards me for strength but all they're getting is this wreak"

A huge weight feels like it's been lifted off my chest as I tell Raven everything. She kneels in front of me and I feel her hand life my chin up so I'm looking at her. She wipes away my tears before stating "you're the strongest person I know, you took a weak little girl who was locked up for most her life and turned her into a strong leader who stands up for herself and her people"

"you don't have to continue being in pain Wren" I smile for the first time in days at her words as she motions for Jaha to come over.

"I can make your pain go away, you don't have to suffer any more, all you have to do is take the key" Jaha places a blue capsule with an infinity sign in my hand.

"it works wren, all my pain is gone" Raven reassures, nodding her head as I go to put it in my mouth. 

As I'm about to put it in my mouth, the door opens and in comes a very pissed off Bellamy "Wren you can't just run off like that, we need to go now"

Bellamy orders as I slowly put the blue 'key' into my pocket.

"Jeez Bellamy calm down, she just wanted some time away from you and I can see why" Raven comments, looking Bellamy up and down.

"I don't have time for this, Wren lets go" he grabs my arm and lifts me off the floor before beginning to drag me out the room as I only get a second to yell out "I'll see you later"

As we're walking down the hall, I harshly pull my arm out of Bellamy's grasp, causing him to look at me with pity in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Wren I didn't thi-" he begins to apologise but I snap, Raven was right, I'm strong and I don't have to listen to Bellamy or to Pike, I'm a leader and I should be treated like one.

"shut up Bellamy, I don't care what you have to say, I don't care if you feel bad or you regret it what's done is done and just know there's nothing you can do to change that or how I feel towards you so just shut up" I hiss at him, walking faster so I don't have to hear what he has to say.

Turning a corner, Bellamy calls after me once he notices I'm not going the right way.

"where are you going, the hanger is that way" Bellamy blocks my path.

"move"

"tell me where you're going"

"I said move" I harshly push past him before calling out "I'll catch up to you later and tell Pike I'm done being his puppet and I'm coming to take what's mine"

Bellamy doesn't follow after me as I grab my bow and arrow out of my room before heading to where they're holding Malachi.

Four guards stand around the cell, one being Miller.

They all become alert as they hear my footsteps approaching. Once I'm in their view and they see my weapon they raise their guns but Miller tells them to stand down.

without hesitation, I walk towards Miller and demand he lets the grounders go.

"I can't do that Wren, you know we have to stick to the plan" he whispers to me so that none of the guards hear him.

"well new plan, you let them go and then I'll take it from there" I state, going to move past him but he holds me back.

"if I do that I'll lose their trust in me and everything else could fall apart" he reasons, making a good point.

My annoyance grows, thinking up a new plan. "fine, I'll make it so they don't question your loyalty" I mutter to myself, grabbing my bow and aiming it at Miller "let the grounders go" I threaten, trying to give him a look to play along.

He seems to understand what I'm doing as he slowly lowers his gun and reaches for his keys "okay okay lets just calm down Wren, no one has to get hurt"

The other guards lower their weapons too as I grab the keys of Miller, quickly giving him a look to show I'm sorry.

Opening up the holding cell, the grounders inside stand with alert, not knowing if its safe or not.

"drop your weapons and get in" I order the guards, making sure they don't try anything to stop me. They all hesitate but Miller tells them to do as I say.

Once inside, Lincoln comes over to me "what's going on?" he questions holding up a hand to signal for the others to wait.

"I'm getting you all out of here" I state just as footsteps come from down the hall.

Shit, one of them must have called for back up.

Pike comes marching around the corner with two other guards holding guns, they instantly aim at me as I'm forced to lower my weapon.

"what are you doing Wren, I thought we had an agreement" Pike's condescending voice fills the room "Bellamy informed me of what you've been up to. Going to take back what's yours? really? well I can see you're doing a great job at that" he taunts, looking around at the guards in the cell and at me who is completely defenceless.

"I'm done being your puppet, I want my son back, I want my people back and I want the grounders released" I order, even though I'm not really in the position to be making demands.

 "You don't really get much of a choice, you've got no leverage against me so why in the world would I do what you want?" Pike questions, making a very good point.

I had nothing against him and no reason why he should listen to me, I have nothing to offer him apart from my loyalty but that was never going to happen and its not like I have a gun pointed at him to make him do what I say, I have nothing.

"she has us" Lincoln joins the conversation, his voice strong and loud "every single grounder believes in her, in Citlali, so if people found out she was overthrown by a cruel man who bribes her with her son and the lives of others, they won't be happy"

Warmth fills my heart at Lincoln's words, I have the trust and loyalty of thousands of people, all who would be willing to stand behind me and fight, only problem is I'm on the wrong side right now, trying to get my people back from this man. 

"you may have Malachi" Pike gives in, knowing Lincoln is right.

"and I don't want to have to be watched every second" I add on, knowing now that I know Malachi would be safe I would be able to do the plan better without having to worry about his safety.

"fine" Pike grits his teeth in annoyance before nodding at one of the guards to open the cell, letting Miller and the other guards out along with Malachi.

Once he's in reach, I wrap him protectively in my arms before looking at Pike to see what he has to say next.

"lets get things straight, you're not a leader of this camp, I am, the quicker you get that through your head the better" he states, reminding me about how Clarke and I used to be, me saying she's not a leader, her going against me anyway.

Placing Malachi on my hip, I put my bow and arrows around my shoulder before walking past Pike but not before saying.

"once you've lead you're people to war two times, watched them get slaughtered, watched your loved ones get slaughtered, watched your people kill each other, and if you still stick around after all that pain then you can call yourself a leader, and that hour of slaughter you and the others went through is nothing compared to my year of endless pain"

***

A/N
sorry for the filler chapter, i knew where i wanted this to go and it just didn't match up with the events in the show so i had to make some of it up but i hoped you liked it.

Oh and i love how people are commenting of earlier chapter, saying how much they love Cassius and how they ship him and Wren together and i just laugh evilly to myself, knowing what happened in the previous chapters are going to make them hate me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.1K 18
Non of these are mine I'm just putting them all in one place to make things easier.
7.1K 311 43
Bellarke and the 100β™ΎπŸ₯°
230K 3.4K 29
requests, imagines, one shots, and preferences. Just really obsessed with the 100 I will do any character really
88.3K 3.3K 44
π€π“πŽπŒπˆπ‚ πŒπ€π | ❛ the little bit he learned about outer space is it's gotta destroy before it creates! ❜ or, in which they are two sides of th...