Loathed Treasure

By FreshRawRot

Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter on... More

Note
Chapter 1: Face to Face
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Cold-Blooded
Chapter 4: Adventure
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6: Destiny
Chapter 7: Lady Angel
Chapter 8: Worries
Chapter 9: Undead
Chapter 11: Whole
Chapter 12: Pampered
Chapter 13: Gift
Chapter 14: Emerging
Chapter 15: Rise
Chapter 16: Stalemated
Chapter 17: Deceived
Chapter 18: Issues
Chapter 19: Encounter
Chapter 20: Debut
Side Story: The Maid and The Knight
Chapter 21: New Start
Chapter 22: Gone
Chapter 23: Lies
Chapter 24: Redemption
Chapter 25: Trickster
Chapter 26: Fame
Chapter 27: Charmed
Chapter 28: Grand
Chapter 29: Obsession
Special Extra: Bidding
Chapter 30: Conflict
Chapter 31: Frick
Chapter 32: Bloom
Chapter 33: Peace
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Familiar
Chapter 36: Relations
Chapter 37: Entrance
Chapter 38: Recognition
Chapter 39: Misery
Chapter 40: Despair
Chapter 41: Change
Chapter 42: Retribution
Chapter 43: Journey
Chapter 44: Cleave
Chapter 45: Fin
Author's Note
New Fanfic
Peek-A-Boo

Chapter 10: Surging

11.7K 556 358
By FreshRawRot

~ Athanasia POV ~

I woke up in my bed like another day of me pushing my limit with magic. It's a happy day for me because I'm 13!! I managed to get past 9 without even facing that jerk of an emperor!! I jumped around in my bed and couch in excitement but soon the party died because I had one more destructive event.

The debutante.

Jennette will reveal herself at the party and so Claude will give her the emerald palace and everything including his love. It's pathetic.

Well as long as I don't come to the part- ah! How can I forget? There might be no party at all because it's for Athanasia who was left as the forgotten princess forever. For me, I think I'm permanently the forgotten princess because I'm pretty sure nobody except for the people in the ruby palace knows about my existence. I have been living in isolation for my entire life and would explore the town in disguise. Wait, then how is she going to reveal herself if there's no party? Whatever, she's the protagonist so it's not my problem! I just gotta find a way to survive!

The moment Lily and the maids came in to help me wash up, I quickly sent them away. I need to take care of myself from now on!

"But Athy!" Lily's jaw dropped along with the other maids and protested my request.

I shake my head in no. "I need to learn how to take care of myself" When I get out of the palace. "I'm almost 14 so please?"

Lily's lip quivers and she puts her hand over her mouth as she tears up. I gaped at her in disbelief. Is she sad that she can't take care of me?

"Athanasia... You really have grown up perfectly!" Lily reached her arms out and hugged me. "I'm proud of you..."

I unconsciously hugged her back with a blank face. The other maids were also tearing up and holding back to urge to cry. My mouth opened wide in astonishment. Does everyone have low expectations for me?!

*TIME SKIP*

When I was alone in the bathroom, I took my time and washed up. Lily would constantly knock on the door and check on me, making sure I wasn't hurt. Then when I came out all alone and changed into my new dress, everyone looks at me as if I did something amazing that it changed their whole life because it did. I'm making their jobs easier!!

"Princess, what dress is that?" One of the maids questioned.

"I have never seen that dress in my life" Lily also scanned my dress in puzzlement.

Shoot. I shouldn't have chosen this dress... This was one of daddy's gifts to me when we went outside of the palace. Then the memory of us buying it together made me smile with joy.

"It was at the back of the closet!~" I twirled around to show off my dress. "You guys never choose it so I decided to wear it today!~"

They all sighed in relief and enjoyed looking at me smiling bubbly as I had fun speaking to them. After that, it was time for my lesson but I didn't need to learn anymore! I can memorize the entire book with my magic! Plus I replaced this time to play or train with daddy. So when I was alone in the room before the teacher came, I would create a clone of myself to take my place.

"Hello, master!~" It speaks to me with a bubbly voice and a smile that would make anyone's heart flutter. "Hehe!~ Are we learning today?" It giggles.

I frowned at it with cold eyes. "Yes, don't fail me" I commanded.

"Of course, master!~" She giggles while nodding.

I teleported outside and watched my own clone from the window to make sure it won't make any mistakes. When the teacher came in, she greeted her normally as usual then they went onto the lessons. Good.

Then I teleported myself to our usual spot and already saw papa with our same table full of desserts!!

"Papa!" I appeared next to him and gave him a smug face. "How have you been?"

He squints his eyes at me as his expression darkens in shame. "You need to stop relying on your magic too much. It's a gift, not a toy to play with" He rubs his forehead.

I giggled at him. "Sorry, papa! But it's just so cool to wield magic especially when I have a lot of mana!"

"Don't be too greedy and arrogant because magic will not always save or help you in every situation" He warns me and I nod.

"Yes, papa" I pick up a piece of my dress and twirl around. "Look what I'm wearing, daddy!" I grinned widely. "It's a gift from you!"

"You looked lovely, Athanasia..." He held my shoulder and stopped me from moving. My back is now facing me and I lift my chin up to face him in confusion. "Face forward and close your eyes for me"

I didn't question him and obeyed. Then I felt something wrapped around my collarbone and neck but still, I kept my eyes closed. "....And now you can open your eyes!"

I opened them and looked down on my chest. "Woah!" I picked up the jewel necklace that was on me.

The crystal jewel was a pretty pink, a shade that feels so familiar yet I never have seen this jewel in my life before. It also had glitters and tiny light in it like it's actually moving around. I turned around and hugged papa tight. "Thank you for the gift!~"

I kissed his cheek and this time he didn't freeze but just slowly backed away and rubbed the very same spot where I placed my lips on.

"Uh-huh," He gives me the blank stare. "Do me a favor and never take that off for me, ok?" the corners of his mouth curve up.

I wrinkled my eyes as my face muscles began to hurt from smiling too much. "Ok, daddy!~"

We sat down and drank our tea as always. It's calm, today. "Daddy, what will be our next lesson?" I lift up the fork and eat a piece of chocolate cake, my favorite.

"Erm. What else do you need to learn?" He brews the tea and stirred it with a spoon.

I think hard about my lesson that my eyes began to twitch. "Let's see... I already know how to read and write, wield a sword, control magic, swim, etiquette, dancing... Uhm... being an empress..." I know I need to practice in some parts of those areas but there aren't any other things that interest me.

"... Would you like to learn embroidery?" He asked me.

"That does sound nice..." I tap my bottom lip with my index finger. Wait! That reminds me! "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" I jumped up and down on my chair in eagerness

"Manners, Athanasia" He warns me. "What is it?"

"There's a new spell that I learned recently" I got off of my chair and stood in his full view. "Look carefully at me"

I get into a dancing position then spin and twirl my waist around. As my dress flows around, I cast a magic spell and changed my entire outfit into one of the modern clothes back in my old world. When the spell was complete, I stopped in front of him and looked down. I did it!

"I can change my clothes now!~" I giggled. He strokes his chin as he scans my whole body in bewilderment. Baffled by some foreign clothes.

"You're wearing... tight clothing? That doesn't look very comfortable" He commented.

I was wearing jeans and my striped shirt was tucked in. I was also wearing a cute coat that I would see in displays and a beret to top it off! My hair is even styled in a braid! "These are called jeans, papa!" I pointed at my legs and swung one of them.

His eyes widened and he quickly faced away with an angry look. "No." He snaps his fingers.

I poofed back to my original dress and hair. I furrowed my eyebrows and whined to him. "What? Papa??"

"I refused to let you wear such vulgar clothes that expose your thighs" He scoffed.

I stared at him in disbelief and lost at words. "But it was covered..."

"If you suddenly appeared in those clothes in town! Men will become more attracted to you and even attempt to attack you" He exclaimed.

"..." Is he being protective right now? The thought of that makes me happy to know that he actually cares about me even though he was being unreasonable. "Ok, daddy."

I sat back down on my chair and continued my time with him. I wish to cherish these moments with him for the rest of my life.

*TIME SKIP* - Night-Time -

I yawned and jumped into bed. Lily sings me a song as always and kisses me goodnight. She turns the light off and leaves the room. I laid on my side and looked out the window at the moon. For some reason, I thought of mommy... Maybe because she's a goddess from the heavens.

I grabbed the necklace around my neck and stared at the pretty pink jewel. Then I knew where the familiar feeling came from...

"It's mommy's eye color" I smiled to myself and a teardrop came out of my eye. "Thank you, daddy" I closed my eyes.

I want to see mommy...

!!!!!!

"Lalala!~" I heard an angel sing...

I walked forward and into the light then it disbursed in every direction. In front of me was an elegant and lovely garden, I surveyed the area and it just feels like a void with this place in the center... There's nothing else.

"Where am I?" I wandered around the area and explored. This feels very familiar yet I don't ever remember coming across a place like this!

I turned my back and saw a hidden figure in the distance. Why does she look so familiar? I walked closer while keeping my guards up. "Hello?"

Then when I got close and got a very clear view of the person, my body froze in surprise as my jaw dropped. "... Mother?"

Although I only see limited images of her, I see a full-body view of her and the details of her face. She's so beautiful. Tears begin falling out of my eyes. A goddess? No way... it's more than that. Nobody can even compare to her nor can anything describe how attractive she is.

She gasps and covers her mouth in shock. "Athanasia?"

Why does all of this feel so real? "Is that really you?" I asked her.

She opened her mouth and smiled widely with joy as tears streamed down her face. "Yes! My daughter, I'm here!"

She put her arms out and I ran towards her. Then when she caught me, we both hugged each other tight, never letting go. It actually feels like she's here. We pulled away and looked at each other in tears.

"Mommy. How are you here? How am I talking to you? Are you alive?" I asked her all sorts of questions. "H-How is this possible?"

All the sorrowful happiness drained from her face and she just stared at me with a blank mind. "He did..." She said in shock and quivered her lips. "Anastacius made it possible... Your father..."

I smiled at her and hugged her again. Daddy really is an amazing person.

*TIME SKIP* - Days Later - ~ Anastacius POV ~

I teleported myself into Athanasia's room in the middle of the night. She sleeps soundly in her bed as I watch her. Such a comfortable and lovely face you have, my daughter...

I slowly reached my hand over and touched the tip of her necklace to free Diana. Then she appeared by the side of me with a disappointing face. I stood up and faced her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She puts her finger over her lip and sheesh me. Then she pointed at Athanasia who was sleeping peacefully. Ah! How can I forget? I pointed to the ceiling and signaled her to come with me.

SWISH

I teleported to the rooftop and sat down while looking up at the bright full moon. Then a trail of magic came from the window and onto the rooftop. The magic gathered into the clump next to me and out came Diana, the breathtaking goddess.

"So... Athanasia has really grown well" I smirked "She looks like her own mother too!~"

Diana gave me a blank stare then sigh and looked at the sky. "I still don't believe you entirely yet. But I'm happy that Athanasia is fine... And thank you for letting us see each other..." She sits down next to me.

"Claude... that bastard abandoned her in a palace where he slaughtered everyone in and yet you still take his side?" I glared at her and snickered at her behavior. "You're really funny" I laughed at her pathetic mind.

"As if you're any better, Anastacius" She gives me a stern face. Oh? "They're just distanced...."

"Stop denying the fact that he broke your promise and abandoned her" I glared at her furiously. I literally just gave her the best gift a mother could ask for and yet this is how she treats me!?

"And how do I know you mean to have good intentions for her?" She said with a serious face.

This girl is very interesting! I can see why he fell for her! "Well, how about I show you how Claude really is" I grinned evilly at her and she got stunned by it.

I summoned a mirror and pointed it in front of her. "Once I reflect this mirror in Claude's mirror. You can transfer your soul and see him but you can also come back in this one too, only when you're done" I grinned.

Over for the past few years, I began experimenting with magic and created new spells. It was fun using it, especially on my test subjects... But it's too bad they're all dead now. Tsk. Weak people.

"..." She hesitates to go in and looks sadly at her reflection. "What is your goal?"

"... Isn't it obvious?" I smirked. ".. To take back my throne!"

She shakes her head at me. "That was your goal in the beginning. I mean what is it now? Like what is your dream?"

I grit my teeth and sneer at her. "To take revenge on Claude!"

"Really? Because you don't sound too sure of yourself" She smiled softly at me. I raised my eyebrows at her in shock and asked what she meant. "... Athanasia truly has influence you"

I scrunch my nose and give her death stares in fury. "I only want my rightful place back! And take revenge for what he did to me and her!"

"You mentioned Athanasia..." She giggles softly and quietly at me. "Say... when you do actually take your crown back, what do you plan to do with Athanasia?"

"What do you think? I'll get her out of that dreaded palace and put her in another palace that she deserves to be in. Sigh. But then I will have to build a bigger and more grand palace, however, that's still not enough for her." I rubbed my forehead in frustration. Just thinking about how I'm going to gift her the treatment she deserves gives me a headache.

Diana looks at me with a smug face. "You care about Athanasia more than the throne." She chuckles. "You're a caring father!~" She teases.

I stared at her blankly and lifted up the mirror. "Shut up, you're annoying" I rub my forehead and she continues to enjoy this moment.

"... Then Claude" She frowns sorrowly. "Did he not love her as he did for me?"

"Would you like to see for yourself?" I shake the mirror in front of her face.

She shakes her head which surprised me. "I have heard and seen enough... It's just painful to know he would do this to her..." She closed her eyes as she bears the hurtful truth. "I'm going to stay by Athanasia's side until I descend into the heavens" She looks up at the stars.

I faced the bright full moon once again. "It's certainly is hard to accept the truth"

I put my hand over my heart and feel it beat against my chest...

*TIME SKIP* ~ Athanasia POV ~

I sipped my tea and ate cake with papa. "It's a lovely day, today isn't it?"

He looks at me with soft gentle eyes that I would get from him a very few times and smiles. "It is... Say... It's almost your 14th birthday. Is there anything you would like?"

"Hmmm." Let's see I already get desserts, accessories, treasures, weapons, roses, etc... Is there anything more I can ask for? "... I do have one request but it'll be hard to achieve it"

"What is it?" He asked and I got nervous to say it.

I swallow my saliva and clear my throat as I pout at him. "I want to do a portrait with papa... Just me and you by ourselves and ourselves only" Meaning with our natural traits...

I faced away, dejected by the idea because it'll be hard to find a painter that's willing to do a portrait with the emperor that's supposed to be dead and the forgotten princess who is non-existent.

"... Why do you look sad?" He let out a chuckle and I faced him with my head down. "We can do that. It's not hard to find a traitor in this empire" He grinned.

In a split of a second, my mood lightens up and I run to him at the speed of light. I hugged him and surprised him. "Really?! Thank you, daddy!" I kiss his cheek once again.

He hugs me back and lays his head on my shoulder. "Anything for my daughter"

Then I felt warmth in my heart as it beat with joy. He calls me his daughter, it's official. We're daughter and father now... Daddy does care about me.

We pulled away and I kept my gleeful face on. He stops smiling and gives me a straight face. "Wear your best clothes, tomorrow"

I nod excitedly until I got dizzy. "Yes, daddy! Ack!" I realized one more thing. "Can I bring Raven too??"

He's now an important part of the family and in getting the throne back. Daddy has been training him to become a guard dog and I think the results were too great considering how he could rip anyone's head off with one bite and not to mention he can also use magic. He really has become a beast.

Daddy shrugs his shoulders and gives me an indifferent look. "Sure, why not."

I feel like our whole family is coming together except for Lily, Hannah, Ces, and mom...

But this is the combat battle family! We're going to look so badass!!

"That reminds me... It's training time"

I nod and get off of him. Before I would groan and complain about how brutal and harsh his training was but I'm happy about it now. With training, I become stronger and more powerful and I feel like I can live independently now...

Independent...

I planned to live independently from the palace but with daddy...

Will there ever be a time where he would... let go of the Crown and his revenge?

*TIME SKIP* - Days Later Again -

"Arf arf!" Raven barks and howl. 'Where's the fight?!'

I laughed at his sentence. "Silly, Raven. We're only preparing ourselves for battle"

"... Are you two talking behind my back?" Daddy asked me.

I shook my head and told him not to worry about it because it was nothing really. But it's strange that daddy doesn't know how to talk to animals nor find a spell for it. I'm guessing it's one of my rare and special magic abilities.

"Athanasia... Are you hungry?" He asked.

I was sweating a lot and really tired from practice so yes I was. "I am! Are we eating later?"

SWISH POOF

We teleported out of the area and in the field. I looked up at the bright moon. It's almost dinner time... I wonder if my clone is still in the palace, I mean she should be because I made sure she wouldn't disappear all of a sudden without my magic.

I looked down on my body and back at daddy and Raven. He changed our clothes back and even got Raven groomed...

"Let's eat meat, now!" He sets up a table for us. "It's time for you to descend"

I eat my steak the way a lady would eat just like daddy taught me. Then I think of other subjects that I could easily learn with my magic but with my brain alone will take a lot of work...

hmmm. I am already fluent in 3-4 languages including god's tongue... Playing instruments? Eh, my clone already learned how to play so I can just transfer her skill to me. I already learned how to do embroidery although it does need some work. Knight Training is actually going well for me...

Maybe I can do an army of clones with my skills and I'll be unstoppable! However, that takes a lot of time and a lot of mana too.

"Athanasia!" Daddy called my name and startled me.

I snapped back to reality and gave him a blank face. "Ah! Yes, daddy?" I anxiously said.

"You finished your meal... so it's time for dessert" he grinned widely.

Yes! My favorite part! With a snap of a finger, our table got cleaned up and out came the desserts!! My favorite!!

Every time after dinner, there would be sets of a variety of desserts everywhere on the table and Raven used to jump onto the table, consuming an infinite amount of sugars and sweets. However, he held back the urge to eat most of the desserts because he learned to have self-control with the help of daddy. However, there was one shaped like a bone and smelled like chocolate...

I picked it up and stared at Raven resting on the side then looked back at daddy. "Can I give this to him?"

"Go ahead. It's yours" Daddy told me and smirked.

I whistle to get Raven's attention who was sleeping and he gets up with a stern look. He became so serious after training... I kinda do miss his fun side but it'll only distract us from our real goal.

'Yes, master?' His ears stand up as he scans the area. Wow even as a dog, he has a handsome face huh?

"Here!" I ran over and gently place the plate in front of him. He lits up with delight and wags his tail. "It's your favorite flavor!" I rub his head.

He bows his head down to me. 'I am forever grateful, master'

It feels weird with him acting like this...

"Athanasia"

I turned and faced papa. "Yes, daddy?" I yawned. Why do I feel so tired?

I laid on top of Raven's fluffy warm body and snuggled in it. Daddy gets out of his chair and walks towards me. "What is it, daddy?" I yawned.

He crouches down in front of me and puts his face near mine "... It's nothing" He gives me a gentle and easy smile. "Go to sleep..."

My vision gets blurry as darkness surrounds us and next thing I know... I fell asleep.

Once again, I appeared in a new place and wandered around this unfamiliar palace-looking place with marble pillars and such.

Is mommy in this dream? Ever since daddy gave me the necklace, I saw mommy when I slept and even interacted with her!! So I never took this necklace off even if Lily asks me too. I will keep daddy's promise.

"Mommy?" I called out and my voice echos... "Hello?" Am I alone here?

I begin to get scared as I breathe hard and my heart beats fast. Pounding out of my chest as I felt like crying.

"Boo!" Something touched my shoulder and I jumped. I turned around to see my mother giggling at me with glee. "Did I scare you?" She smiled at me.

I sighed in relief and grinned back at her. "I thought you were gone!" I hugged her and snuggled in her arms.

"Sorry, my pretty daughter!!" She cups my face and turns it side to side.

"Mommy, I have no scratches. This is only a dream"

She sighs and looks at me with sad eyes. "I wish I could come out to the real world and shower you with all my love..." She exclaimed. "But for now, I'm just in your necklace..."

"It's ok, mommy" I grinned. "One day I'll find a way to get you out"

She smiles. "Athanasia... This can't last forever. One day I will have to leave, you know.."

"But you don't have to!" I frowned.

She lifts my chin and looks directly into my eyes. "Athanasia, I have finished my life in the real world. Soon I will go onto the afterlife" She gives me a sad smile. "But don't worry... your father is with you..."

"... What if he leaves? Then who do I have?" I hold onto her arm. "Please don't leave me"

"Athanasia, I know he won't leave you. He loves you too much"

I flinched at her words. Love? Does he? He's Anastacius, the cold-blooded emperor, who uses everyone like a puppet for his cruel acts and then kills them off. I am lucky to be alive due to my magic... But if he does truly love me in his heart...

I would be overwhelmed with happiness that I have a father that loves me and a mother who also does. A family that I never had in my life and could never ask for something better.

"... He just doesn't show it. He's a very complicated man who acts like feelings don't exist!" She teases and winks at me. "I'm very certain that his heart jumps with joy every time he sees you!"

I giggled with her and we joked around. "Mommy, are you proud of me?"

She kisses my forehead and hugs me. "I have never been prouder than ever before, Athanasia. I love you"

I hugged her back tight and lay my head on her. "... I love you too, mommy."

Just wait until I get you back and we'll be together... As a family.

End of Chapter 10

AN: This story is going to be longer than I thought...

|Word Count: 4460|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 289 18
๐ŸŒธin the side story of lovely princess novel ๐ŸŒธ a new character was introduced we get introduced to the first princess Claude first daughter before...
99K 2.6K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
35.2K 1.1K 21
A few years have past after Athanasia inherited the crown. Athanasia is loved and cherished by the people in the continent and the late Emperor, Clau...
84.3K 3K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...