Stranger | Jikook/Kookmin

By jotajotakapa

There are stranger things about the world. There are stranger things about people. But nothing and no one has... More

Confirmation
Introduction | Prestory
1 | First String of Fate
2 | Team Secret Services
3 | Code Word: Mascot
4 | Tracking Down the Hacker
5 | Being a Fool
6 | Boy With Twists
7 | Costume Box and a Pair of Boxers
8 | Fandom
10 | Not Supposed to Fall
11 | Deal With The Devil
12 | Little By Little
13 | Ice Cream Couple
14 | Hal Su Iss-eo
15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker
16 | Muse
17 | The Impetuous Guest
18 | Full of Surprises
19 | Imposter
20 | Precious To Me
21 | Mid String of Fate
22 | See For Yourself
23 | Are You Gonna Stay?
24 | Dozillion Times
25 | Best Hugs
26 | Inspired or Some Shit
27 | Delivering
28 | Fuel to the Fire
29 |Team Makeover
30 | Hackers on the Dome
31 | Pamper Day
32 | A Seaweed Problem
33 | Hide-And-Seek
34 | Soon Enough
35 | Better Than the Truth
36 | Two Babies
37 | Anything For You
38 | Karma is Pinkman
39 | Always
40 | Last String of Fate
FareWell
Jimin (Point of View PT1)
Jimin (Point of View PT2)
Jimin (Point of View PT3)
Namjoon (Point of View)
Minji (Point of View)
Yoongi (Point of View)
Special Announcement

9 | Molt Icebergs

645 55 71
By jotajotakapa

"You have yet to catch me, loser."

Jungkook snickers, buckling up the cardboard box in his arms as he makes the last turn to Jimin's street. It's honestly wearing out to have to be legging to Jimin's house, well trailer, every time he has something to do with the man. Especially when it's a darn clown outfit he is bound to carry around, although the content up for the change is what he really cares about at the moment.

"You don't have a mascot show to run, dumbass. Of course, you get ahead of the game, playing 24/7," he mocks his gamer friend, Eunb-bi, currently busy making inhuman noises as she works on taking down a particularly handy player. "Just use your rocket hammer," he comments, picturing the game in front of his eyes but Eun-bi suddenly breaks into a roar to which Jungkook very well relates.

"Yes! Yes, baby! That's what I call pro-gamer!"

Jungkook scrunches his nose, Jimin's house at sight in the authentic petite line-up. "You wish."

It smells of rain-wet daphne flowers, hang from the various green walls connecting gates of the houses together, a unique feature Jungkook observed in this neighborhood. He straight up gets the feel that it's the perfect place for senior citizens: calm, quiet and safe. He might be right too. All 50 houses inhabited by over-50 year-olds and a Jimin in a trailer.

He giggles at the thought.

"You know you suck for leaving me hanging today, don't you?" Eun-bi complains, seemingly settled into her focused mode again. Her voice comes soft and calculated, but Jungkook knows better than taking her gentleness personally. That's how she gets right before she ambuscades and once she settles a new target she's start fidgeting in her seat, sometimes even somersaulting on her bed to match the action of her hero character.

"And you know I have something important to do. I never missed a game until today, mind you."

"We could have kept our strike, until Mr. Mascot decided to miss a tally and here Song Eun Bi is. Battling on the field all by herself."

She is a lil' manipulative shit. Jungkook knew that the moment she betrayed him in their first coincidental Overwatch game, though after they established a friendship, she has stuck with Jungkook to the point that they decided to game every Wednesday regularly. So far, they've been having a blast, until according to Eun Bi, Jungkook broke the strike.

He's thinking of a comeback until he notices a movement at Jimin's gate, small but noticeable.

Shoot, is it Jimin?

He fastens his steps.

Eun-Bi has changed the topic already, telling Jungkook about her day at the barber's shop where she works part-time. If it weren't for the reveal of a little boy in front of the door, Jungkook would be really interested in hearing how she dyed a man's beard into hot pink but he is busy figuring out what the child is carrying in his hands.

He is holding a bunch of black trash bags, each much bigger than his size but not weighty enough to immobilize the 3-year old. Now that Jungkook carefully looks, he recognizes the boy as Jimin's neighbor. They had met (well, seen each other) the first time they came over with the squad. It's cute, the way he struggles to fit his little fingers around the rolled handles of a plastic and loses balance of the other two in his other hand.

He finally gives into his weakness and decides to carry one at a time. He drags the bag through the pavement and into the road, lips full on pouting as he pulls and pulls on the plastic, walking back on his heels to make his way faster to the huge trash can sitting on the opposite side of the road.

Jungkook has got to give him a hand, so he calls out for him.

"Hey!"

The kid stops in the middle of the road to look at the direction of the voice, noticing Jungkook a couple steps away. What he doesn't see coming is the sudden car accelerating towards him.

No.

Everything suddenly falls into slow motion stream, from the crawling wind that raises his soft bangs to the falling droplets from the tree leaves, the lights of the car to the horn that echoes noisily in the air and the pleading blinks of the little boy that stare deep into Jungkook's eyes. Box long fallen on the ground and his heart pounding on his chest in fear, Jungkook makes the most instinctual run of his life, launching himself to the road at the little boy who presses his eyes shut in a soundless cry.

For a couple beats Jungkook hears nothing but his panting voices, feels nothing but the adrenaline circulating through his veins, his protruding forearm muscles.

Then comes everything rushing in like a thunderstorm.

He is lying next to the trashcan with the little boy nestled securely in his arms as the dust of the car breezes into the distance.

Fucking asshole!

Jungkook is about to run after it when he notices the soundly whimpers of the boy in his arms.

"Oh shoot, hey, hey, are you okay?" he buckles the kid and sits him on his lap, forgetting his own pain as he checks him for any damage. The boy doesn't say a word, lower lip tucked painfully under his upper one as he stares at Jungkook with tears in his eyes. "It's okay, you're safe little one," Jungkook presses him to his chest, hugging him and running a hand on his back to calm him down, though he hears muffled sounds of crying.

He stares at the end of the street furiously, still can't believe that the rude bastard drove off like that. The worst is that he didn't even catch his license plate to make a proper complaint.

The little boy seems to have calmed down a little now, able to make eye contact when Jungkook pulls him back on his knee.

He is such a cutie, flushed cheeks and glossy brown doe eyes, sniffling in his adorable baby voice.

Jungkook caresses his cheek, slowly smiling at him.

"Hi. What's your name?"

The little boy waits for a while before answering him, shy from the interaction after such a heavy incident. He squeezes his shoulders, cheeks puffing in the meantime.

"Byeongie."

Jungkook hums lovingly, relieved that he was able to save him before anything happened. He'd hate himself in such case, because if he hadn't called out to Byeongie when he was in the middle of the street the boy wouldn't have stopped his moves.

"You are such a cute boy, Byeongie," he says gently, "And I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you."

Byeongie doesn't reply, still looking hazy.

"Do you feel anywhere hurting?" Jungkook checks around his body with his eyes, the boy following suit. He shows him his hand, the side of his palm scratched a little from the sudden ground fall.

Jungkook's heart breaks at the injured skin, but of course he is not going to show that to the kid who needs a little encouragement.

"It doesn't look that bad now. We'll get it cleaned and patch it up with one of those cute band aids, how's that sound?"

Byeongie finally seems to be smiling. He nods too, hair fluffing against the wind. Gosh it's so soft Jungkook can't help but brush his fingers through it. He smells so baby-like and sweet that it's making Jungkook's heart flutter with care and wonder. There is just something natural about Byeongie that makes him giddy inside.

"You were such a brave boy back there, you know?" he says keeping his voice soft and melodic, and the boy's smile grows, his eyes twinkling free of tears. "Were you getting the trash?"

"It was weally heavy," Byeongie pouts, sadly watching the destroyed patch on the ground and the other two that are still sitting at their front door.

Jungkook chuckles, rubbing his back soothingly as he stands him up, yet still holding his hand. "Should I help you with it?"

The little boy looks up at him through his lashes, staring in contemplation. "But I have to do it myself."

Jungkook leans in secretively, creating a mysterious aura for his words to be more effective. "I'll tell you what, it can be our little secret."

Byeongie beams at Jungkook though he is still not sure whether he should abandon his pride so easily. Jungkook is sure he left the house with manly promises of getting the chore done himself and would love to brag to his parents.

"I'll only help you lift them, you will still be the main star here," Jungkook explains in a friendly way, sending him puppy eyes that tend to work with others when he needs something. "What do you say?"

Eventually, Byeongie agrees, and so they get to work.

They first throw the enclosed trash bags, with Byeongie holding the bags and Jungkook pinching the side of the plastic to ease the weight of the contents. He lifts the boy and the bag at the trash can, and they successfully swing the packages down. It's only when they are picking up the spilled ingredients on the road that a Jimin appears on the door lane.

"Byeong-ah? J-Jungkook?"

The two 'garbagemen' stare at him simultaneously, an empty carton of milk in one's hand and a banana peel in the other's. The first thing that passes Jungkook's mind is how cute it was that Byeong had given his nickname to him when Jungkook asked for his name: Byeongie. The second thing that he thinks of is, Jimin, well how much he missed him for some reason.

"Hi, hyung," Jungkook says sheepishly as they make a wary eye contact with Byeongie, Jungkook winking at him to ease his nerves. "Uh, I ran into Byeongie throw the trash and I thought I'd... y'know."

Jimin seems baffled for a bit, walking towards them slowly and then bending in front of Byeong.

"Is that so?" he asks Jungkook although he stares at Byeong. "Everything alright, baby?"

Earlier near-accident seems to be flooding back to Byeong, that he develops tears in his eyes again, rubbing at them with the back of his hands which is not a good idea because he is still holding the banana peel in one. Jimin is immediately worried, cradling him and looking at Jungkook for answers as he discards it.

"We almost got hit by a car," Jungkook explains, guiltily tucking his fingers inside his sleeves. "Thankfully I got him before anything happened, but uh, I couldn't get the bastard's license plate-"

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" Jimin exclaims in shock, pushing Byeong into his embrace and burying his nose into his hair, upon which the little boy snuggles though he is not crying. "Are you hurt? Did you-"

"No no, he's alright," Jungkook interrupts him before he gets worried further. "It was a safe landing," he even smiles regardless of the unwavering concern in Jimin's eyes.

"I'm okay, I'm a bwave boy," Byeong says from the other side, making Jimin finally break into a teary smile as he looks at the boy dotingly, caressing all over his face and giving him tons of kisses. Jungkook's heart trembles from the cuteness overload, remembering how he said the same sentence at Byeong just a while ago.

"Of course you are, I just wish I were here,"Jimin whispers and Jungkook is sure he intended to talk to himself though he somehow uttered it out loud. Something tells him Jimin is going to blame himself for missing the moment of the hit-and-miss, though Jungkook supposes he'll be okay once the Byeong's parents comfort him.

He gives them time to talk it out in their own bubble, busying himself with the rest of the trash to not third wheel awkwardly.

"Hold on a second till I drop him at aunt Yumi," Jimin says apologetically before leaving, at which Jungkook very welcomingly agrees, even rushing him when he politely takes his time going in.

The street is calm like nothing happened now, except for the package box that sits groggily at the edge of the pavement. Jungkook sighs, checking whether it is in good shape yet. Whatever happened to it though would be worth saving the child. And then he notices his phone lying next to it, the earpieces scrambled lifelessly.

"Shit," he rushes over, only to encounter the ongoing phone call in which a wild Eun Bi manically screams. "Bi-yah?"

"What the hell happened?! Are you okay?"

He sighs, running a hand over his face frustratedly. "Yeah, I'm good. My phone will probably need some repairing though."

Jimin reappears shortly, now wearing a long coat and a backpack, a similar card box in his hands, presumably containing the swan costume.

Jungkook unites eyes with him and they both smile, which is his cue to hang up. "Hey Bi-ah, I'll call you back later, kay?... Yes, I know, the phone just fell that's why... Bi-" he sighs, sending a polite smile at Jimin before turning around and shooing her off. "Stop bickering you dumbass, I'm hanging up right now but I'll call you at night. ...Yes, you are going to pick up. Bye."

He swirls around, brightly chiming.

"Jimin-ssi."

Said boy strolls towards him, a lovely smile on his lips as he hands the box to Jungkook. "Girlfriend problems?"

Uh, girlfriend?

"Who, Eun-Bi?" Jungkook asks in an alien manner, eyes bulging out of their sockets just at the thought of it. He's not dating a female thug, no thank you.

"I suppose you came looking for this," Jimin taps the box mindlessly, arching an eyebrow playfully but not sticking with the humor for too long. "I'm seriously sorry about the switch Jungkook, I didn't do it purposefully."

Jungkook is still on Jimin assuming dating between him and Eun-Bi but he is forced to swallow his defenses as Jimin sticks to the box issue. "It's fine," he shakes his head absent-mindedly, looking at the half-open package. His ugly swan costume sits inside, and Jungkook is once again reminded of the love-hate relationship he has with it. "I was only afraid you wouldn't be home."

Jimin presses his lips shyly, averting his gaze. He knows Jungkook is addressing the phone number. But Jungkook didn't bring it up to guilt trip him, Jimin is probably juggling his own shit to be worried about Jungkook broken little heart so he shoves the tension out of the way with an interruption.

"Um, is Byeongie okay now?"

Jimin's eyes flicker up at his, a quick nod. "Yes, he is. Thank you... You saved him Gguk."

It's impossible not to blush upon the sweetness radiating off of Jimin's eyes, the way he gives Jungkook all of his attention and makes him believe with the fewest of words that he appreciates him. 

"It was nothing, hyung. I'm still hung up on that idiot of a driver," Jungkook glances at the road behind him, bracing the box on his arms firmer out of resurfaced anger. If only he were a little more attentive, he could have traced the culprit and taught him a lawful lesson for carelessly driving towards a little boy. 

"Are you okay though?" Jimin asks, bringing Jungkook's attention back.

"Oh yeah, I'm all good," Jungkook smiles small. He still can't stop thinking about the incident, in fact, he is surprised Jimin doesn't question it further.

But that's suddenly not very important because Jimin is starting to look at him differently, fidgeting in his spot restlessly. Jungkook swallows, feeling a sudden wave of hotness hit his skin upon the change of demeanor. 

Jimin puckers his lips, finally deciding to let the cat out of the bag. 

"I have tutoring in an hour or so but the student's house is really near," he says with a pause as if he is trying to read into Jungkook's reaction even before he has completed his words. "Do you... wanna have that coffee now? I don't have much time though, is that... is that okay with you?"

Is that okay with Jungkook?

He can't even fucking believe Jimin is quoting him on the coffee date — not exactly date but who fucking cares?! 

"Uh, are you sure you'll be able to catch up to your tutoring?"

Jimin waves his hand, a warm smile on his lips. "'S all good. Come on, I wanna thank you for earlier plus I took your time with the whole box switch." When Jungkook keeps dumbly staring at him, Jimin adds all too sweetly. "Drinks are on me."

Jungkook can't stop his laughter from lightly escaping. He is glad there is the box to keep his hands busy because with this nervousness, he is pretty sure he wouldn't be able to keep his decent image, would probably rub the sweat off of them all over his clothes.

"You got me with the free drinks, let's go."

Jimin laughs at his silly joke and for as long as the moment they stay there with smiles decorating their faces, Jungkook can clearly admit to a change. It's like the iceberg that held Jimin from him melted a few layers. Jimin excuses himself to drop his box inside the house to shortly reappear, a teasing grin on his face as he offers Jungkook to visit their usual coffee shop nearby.

Their coffee shop.

Jungkook wishes he didn't get ahead of himself so easily, but deep inside he acknowledges. That sounds way better than Jimin probably intended it to.

"Why do you tutor if you're so rich?"

Jimin almost chokes on his coffee, barely convincing Jungkook he is fine as he wipes the droplets on his chin, an amalgam of confusion and amusement on his face.

"I'm rich?" he points at himself like there was even a chance that Jungkook wasn't addressing him. "Jungkook I live in a trailer, you know that, right?"

Jungkook takes a three-second long interest on the decoration of the wooden ceiling, deciding that nothing actually makes sense when he tries putting the pieces together, that he actually has no idea who Jimin is based on what he's seen and heard of him so far. 

"And you drive a fancy car," he points out, making Jimin smile in dismissal. "You either stole the car or your trailer is fake."

"So there is no way I'm not an outlaw, is that what you are saying?"

Jungkook snorts. It might be his positive bias towards Jimin, his aura and charm that blinds his eyes from actually considering him as an outlaw but Jungkook can never envision Jimin being a badass of that sort. He did see Jimin in a different light the night they hacked the mascot system but even then he was in his easeful kind element.

"You're mysterious, is all I'm saying," he leans his elbows on the table, careful not to spill his drink as he approximates himself towards Jimin. Jimin chuckles cutely, playing with the straw of his drink as he stares at Jungkook from his seat where he's tucked comfortably. "Do you want me to tell you how you look like from the outside?"

Jimin hums, head tilting to the side as he sips interestedly from his drink, like the 'appearance' Jungkook is talking about is his actual image. Jungkook's eyes briefly fall to his lips and he literally has to force himself from reading too much into his dainty acts.

"You have to be one of those millionaires who practices stealth wealth," Jungkook raises his eyebrows, exaggerating a snobby expression that makes Jimin giggle. "You are a professional hacker, I'll give you that, but the trailer and the tutoring are sticking out to me."

Jimin doesn't answer right away, nodding his head like he is impressed with Jungkook's foretelling. He drops his coffee cup on the table and shifts from his comfortable position, mimicking Jungkook as he leans his elbows on the table and approximates himself as well. It's dangerous to be this close to Jimin, but Jungkook doesn't dare move a muscle, looking intently into Jimin's eyes that sparkle beautifully.

God, he is so beautiful, Jungkook can't keep the reigns of his heart. 

"I am a professional hacker," Jimin says. "But not like you think. It's not a big deal, I'm not rich or anything," he smiles, shoulders cramping shortly. "It's not even a permanent job. I do hack-proof checks for this one company and yes when they pay me it's a pretty good month but they don't have new softwares invented every week of the month so those times I have to find another way to keep it going."

Jungkook blinks slowly, starting to regret being so blunt with his expressions, even though Jimin probably knows he didn't mean them. He didn't expect Jimin to suddenly open up so much about himself all at once, and he doesn't really know how to react. 

"So I do tutor, yes," Jimin tilts his head to the other side, tapping his cup on the table one time. "Side job, y'know."

Jungkook 'ah's quietly. He can't help but turn a little red from Jimin's sudden reveal of information. Jimin seems to have noticed his bewilderment that he nudges him playfully on the shoulder.

"Are you disappointed that I'm not rich enough to get you drinks all the time?"

Jungkook grins at that. Jimin has a great sense of humor, a great way to read into other's emotions and tap into the right ones at the rightest moments to bring comfort back into the table. It all works perfectly for his charm, no wonder Jungkook finds it so easy to converse with and relate to him. "What about the trailer?"

"Aren't you being a little nosy, now?" Jimin teases, bending his head slightly to find the straw with his lips.

"It's not everyday that a Jimin opens up to me about his mysterious life, y'know."

"Then maybe you should be grateful with the much that you can get at a time."

Jungkook hums. "Fair enough."

Jimin giggles at his sudden docility, swallowing his sip and placing his chin on his hand, staring at Jungkook like he is reading into a dream. "How about you? How come you aren't some sort of millionaire yourself with the fame of your channel?"

Jungkook looks down, blushing a little. "I'm saving." That makes Jimin laugh, at which Jungkook pretends to get offended though much of his defense is genuinely justified. "I choose to invest in my future. I'm being smart!"

There is a newfound smile on Jimin's face, one that makes Jungkook feel a little exposed and a lot trapped. He feels like he's in a mine field with Jimin trying to dig deeper into everything he says, putting meaning after meaning behind everything Jungkook rashly does for the most part. On a second thought, that's exactly what he has been doing to Jimin too.

"So you have a dream? What are you saving for?" Jimin ends up asking.

And there Jimin scores.

Jungkook has an abrupt realization moment, a weird moment in which his life, his friendships and relationships play in fast motion across his eyes, every memorable snippet taking its place for a few seconds before swiping past to the next one. He searchs for something similar as to the knots straining his throat, tries understanding why is it with Jimin that he feels so defenseless in a way that he never felt before. Jimin can't be that amazing, can he? He is just a guy asking him questions about his dreams and future, it's not that he cares that deeply to the extent of making poems out of his words, so then why does Jungkook feel heard for the first time without even speaking? 

Is it him who never had reliable people that genuinely cared about him in his life, or is it really Jimin that cares differently enough to make him feel special?

Because he is about to spill some of his tight thoughts to this person he barely had a full conversation with at this very spot just a week ago, and he doesn't know why he is not considering brushing him off since it makes him feel so exposed.

Jimin is smiling at him, looking deeply into his eyes, blond locks brushing past his eyebrows to shade the upper whites of his eyes, his cheekbones rosy and perked up, and Jungkook can't stop himself from feeling, just about everything. Safe, welcome, accepted. He is going to say it.

"When I was younger, my parents would always go to work and I mostly hung out alone in the house, at least until Jinju was born. My sister." Jimin's eyes grow in understanding, interest peaking up even more upon the seriousness in Jungkook's tone as he shyly speaks. "I, um, didn't like being alone that much. Not because I was scared or anything but I just... wished they were around more, y'know? I missed them even when they were there."

Jungkook looks down, the oily coating that floats on the iced coffee cup, the blurry pictures that it forms cluelessly. He smiles. He can still feel the iron railings of his balcony wrapped around his childly fingers.

"So I made a promise to myself."

He can see the buildings swallow his favorite sun and turn it into nothingness. But then the moon comes and Jungkook has something else to hold unto. Night time means mommy and daddy are coming home — a little exhausted and stressed out — but they'll be home and they play with him sometimes.

After I have a family and make enough money to sustain us for a long time, I'm going to take them on a timeless vacation where we spend time together, only with each other without thinking about anything else but our happiness. 

It was his go-to thought when he felt bad about his parents not being around. It was the promise that gave him strength to go forward, and even years later when he got over his loneliness giving reason as to why his parents needed to work for a better life for them, he was never able to spend that bit of money that would keep accumulating in a corner.

Lost in thoughts as he spills out his most intimate dreams, he almost misses the enamored look in Jimin's eyes, flustering when they make sudden eye contact.

"Are you serious?" Jimin says unbelieving, trying not to show too much of himself but failing with that incredulous grin on his face. 

Jungkook shrugs, pressing his lips together.

And then he feels Jimin's hand on his hair, just like that other time. 

"Are you too cute or am I tripping?" Jimin poses gently, laughing breathily as he holds Jungkook's gaze. "Jungkook that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard in my life, you can't be serious."

Those words send Jungkook straight into a blushing coma that he didn't know he was capable of producing. More specifically, he is suffering through, trying to breathe with the frantic way his heart beats because Jimin might have called him a bunch of cute proverbs that he never knew he liked this much to be.

"It's just a lame dream hyung," he can't fight the smile anymore, and Jimin's even more endeared by its appearance.

"No, no, it's not lame at all. Have you shared this with your girlfriend? I bet it would drive her crazy, it's the cutest freaking thing-"

"Hyung," Jungkook deadpans. Jimin did not just bring up the girlfriend issue again. "I don't have a girlfriend."

Jimin snorts, cutting physical contact and leaning back on his chair, tying his arms together as he keeps Jungkook in his eye lockdown. "Yeah, right."

Jungkook feels like pulling his hair. What is wrong with this hyung?!

"Eun Bi is my friend, she is the machoest girl you can ever meet and I'm not into manly girls."

That entertains Jimin even more, his gums are even showing now. "What girls are you into then?  Cute girls? Ah-sexy girls?"

"I like cute girls," Jungkook ends up saying. And doesn't hesitate to add. "Or guys."

He might have made a declaration. Jimin might have noticed it. 

"Cute girls," Jimin purses his lips, nodding. "And guys."

Did notice.

Jungkook grins, feeling his confidence come back to him. He is glad he is not the type of person to fret over his sexuality, thanks be upon his open-minded family, though he doesn't think he would care less about who he feels attracted to even if they had interfered with his dating preferences. He did have silly high school dates with both genders though things never got serious until the graduation, the summer break in which he turned 18 and in which him and his classmate celebrated a little intimately — meaning, Byung-Hoo stayed the night after his party and the morning too, and then the whole summer. That was his first serious relationship, though it didn't last because he left Seoul to study in this much smaller student city, and that didn't sit well with Byung-Hoo, who couldn't deal with the fact that they would have to work a distance relationship. 

"What about you, Jimin hyung?"

Jimin perks up, as if he doesn't know what Jungkook is talking about. Jungkook is hoping he is not one of those judgmental people, but then Jimin has never given that impression to him.

"Uh, I'm... same. I mean, I like both too."

Jungkook just witnessed Park Jimin flush upon the mention of his sexuality. Jungkook is intrigued, in the best way possible, and Jungkook is going to tease him without wasting time, indeed, starting from now.

"I meant, what is your type, hyung?"

That successfully gets a harder reaction from Jimin, said blondie red in the face for some reason Jungkook would love to look into. He loves science and would dedicate any research into its purpose.

"I don't have a type," Jimin replies. "I've liked different things in different people. Even when I thought I needed to have a type, I kept crushing on people so out of my spectrum that I decided to give up on labelling," he softly chuckles.

Jungkook does the same. But in a more mischevious way. He makes his face innocent and cute, showing Jimin his puppy eyes and sweet side as he leans in, almost making Jimin drop his plastic coffee cup. "How about me?" Jungkook fakes a whisper. "Is there anything you like in me?"

Regardless of how taken aback he was, Jimin is able to recover from his shock pretty quickly and play along. He laughs and runs his eyes over Jungkook's face, stopping his gaze at his eyes last. He's about to say something but Jungkook cuts him out, raising an eyebrow as he sexily pronounces.

"Cuz I think there is definitely a lot I like in you."

A gasp leaves Jimin's lips, mischief  in his orbs giving away how much he might actually be enjoying this. 

"Are you flirting with me right now?"

Jungkook takes a moment to drown at the sight of him, his coral eyes, heated cheeks. The confidence show he masquerades behind which lies wavering anticipations. He wants Jimin, he knows with all his heart, even more so from up close.

"So what if I am?"

Jimin breaks into a smile, body cocooning into its invisible shell as he lets Jungkook's attention wash over him, his pure desire show a glimpse of what's to come if he were to do so much more. 

"I'd say you are playing with fire."

Jungkook bites on his bottom lip, unable to stop himself from approximating his face to Jimin's to the point that their breaths wash over each other's, heat from their bodies mingling in the little space that bakes their desires. He can feel Jimin's pulse from here almost, can count his lashes if they had enough time. "I like trouble, you know."

Visibly affected by Jungkook's unexpected advancements, Jimin seems to be realizing the reality of the situation just belatedly that he takes a little longer in replying, nervousness reflecting in his slowed blinks as he makes eye contact with Jungkook. "I don't."

"Then I'll protect you from it," Jungkook out-speaks smartly, causing Jimin to break into a defeated smile. "Isn't that how we are? You trouble me, I trouble you. You redeem me, I redeem you."

"You realize that you are full-blown hitting on me right now, don't you?"

"I'm not the oblivious one here, hyung." Jungkook chuckles and taps on Jimin's chin playfully, the elder watching his actions unintentionally. "Haven't you been courted before?"

"I tend to do the courting."

"Shouldn't you know better than?" Jungkook teases, receiving a playful eye roll from Jimin, who is about to pull back if it weren't for Jungkook who keeps him near by holding onto his hand. Jimin hesitates for a second and things get serious, but Jungkook has started something and he hates to leave his job undone. He wants to try. He really will. "Go on a date with me."

Jimin doesn't seem to have expected such straightforwardness. He looks around the cafe like he is embarrassed from their little intimate long time lovers show, especially with the way Jungkook is looking at him and caressing his hand and he seems overwhelmed for a second. He presses his lips and looks at Jungkook in contemplation, reflection of the turmoil probably going off in his head.

"You don't find me attractive? Don't like my personality?" Jungkook is the one having a little crisis then, but Jimin shakes his head in complete denial and places his other hand on top of his own. 

"No, no, that's not it Jungkookie, there is nothing wrong with you," Jimin says softly, daring to blush as he adds. "You are very kind, friendly and handsome. Your date would be lucky."

That is enough to have Jungkook's heart racing, because what compares to receiving such compliments from this man who took his breath away the very first day he's met him and managed to add to Jungkook's infatuation each and every time they have ran into each other?

"Then what, you don't do relationship? Is that it?"

"Oh my god," Jimin utters, switching between Jungkook's eyes like he can't believe what he just realized. "You are serious with this."

Jungkook gulps, bringing his other hand to Jimin's cheek with the fear of approaching unknown territories. Jimin does tense up for a bit but he doesn't flinch, letting Jungkook do his things as he speaks. "Does that bother you?"

Jimin doesn't seem to be very aware of what he's doing, but his breathing is a little labored and he looks down when he shrugs next.

"I'd love to get to know you, Jimin, I... I think you are amazing and it might even sound crazy but I think we are compatible with each other." Jimin breaks into a smile, making his eyes big as if he's asking for more and Jungkook jumps at the opportunity. "Really, that's what I think, hyung! Also, you are... very..." Jungkook bites his lip because he doesn't know if Jimin will be bothered by the feminine compliment, but then he remembers the day he got Jimin flowers and Jimin himself had accused him with a similar word. So he goes for it. "Very beautiful."

That seems to have gotten to Jimin because he is now looking vulnerable and shy, flushing when Jungkook moves his thumb on his cheek experimentally.

Jimin was right. He feels like he is playing with fire, and he is actually burning hot inside this coffee shop.

"Yeah?"

Jungkook wants to curse to stress the importance, but he is not sure if Jimin would find it rude so he just nods and repeats. "Yeah. And I think you know that."

Jimin chuckles, adjusting his head so that it's comfortable to look at Jungkook. "I do. I agree that I have a unique beauty."

Jungkook snorts too, and now they are back at their goofy dynamic, comfortable with each other like they have done this forever. Jungkook has a feeling that Jimin is not there where he wants him to be yet however, not as ready to jump into the dating scene at least, but maybe they could get to know each other, he hopes. 

Jimin interrupts his thoughts.

"Look, sweetie this is nothing about you, you're a great guy, I already told you. But I don't do the whole dating thing. I'm sorry that I won't be able to take your offer, but thank you for thinking so highly of me."

He did see it coming, it hurts but not as much. Jimin already did this to him and maybe that's why Jungkook gained some sort of immunity. This time Jimin rejected him again but gave him so much more allowance, opened up to him and let him in so maybe it is not about getting a 'yes' from Jimin, but taking little steps into his world. Maybe one day Jimin will decide he actually wants Jungkook there.

In the end, even if things don't work out romantically, Jungkook thinks they can stay good friends. He has to be mature about this.

"Of course," Jungkook retrieves his hands and body, pressing his lips into an understanding smile. Jimin appreciates the space he is given and that is Jungkook's first unstated accomplishment: showing Jimin that he's respected. "It's a bummer though, you were a catch."

Jimin swats his shoulder playfully, dissolving into giggles as he leans back on his seat, which is equal to having received a 'yes' to Jungkook. "I'm your hyung, watch your mouth."

"Sorry for stating the truth, hyung."

Jimin shakes his head in disapproval, grabbing the coffee cup only to realize that it has already emptied. He pouts in disappointment, checking the time and realizing that he should have been a little more careful with it.

"Shit, I'm gonna be late." 

He scatters in his seat and puts on his coat in a rush, apologizing to Jungkook as he runs to pay for the drinks. When he is back he is ready to dash out but doesn't hesitate to grab Jungkook's phone from the table and type in what looks like his number - Jungkook is speechless - holding it forward with a big smile on his face.

"I had so much fun today, Jungkookie, thank you," he says sweetly as Jungkook stands up in front of him as well. Then the phone is given back to Jungkook, though Jimin doesn't immediately let it go. "I put my number in, just in case another circumstance comes up. We're doing business together after all, isn't it?"

Jungkook grins, giddy and hyper. He still can't believe he got the number without even asking for it again.

"If you want to hit me up some time, I'd love to hang out again," Jimin continues, giving Jungkook a manly push on the stomach. "Though you have to get those naughty thoughts out of head. I'm up for being friends if you are cool with that."

Jungkook thinks his lips will break if he tries to grin harder. "Hell yeah. Let's do it."

Jimin eyes him up and down in acknowledgement, holding his hand forward for Jungkook to shake but Jungkook just rolls his eyes and brings him in for a hug.

"I'm not gonna bite you."

Jimin laughs and relaxes into him, face glowing in happiness when they part. 

"See ya," he flutters his fingers, taking steps backwards but his exit isn't that smooth, as he crashes into the barista and causes the dessert plate in his hand to fall down. 

Jungkook jumps at the loud noise and everyone's suddenly looking at the commotion, murmurs going around as Jimin covers his mouth in shock of what he's done. Jungkook doesn't waste time.

"I'll take care of it, you go," he guides Jimin towards the exit, not minding his complaints.

"Jungkook-"

"Look, it's all good," Jungkook holds him by the shoulders, passing a little wait sign to his barista friend who eyes them amidst his cleaning. "You'll be late, get going already."

Jimin can't let his guilt go. "I'm so sorry for putting you through this, I'll pay you back when I can, okay?"

Jungkook laughs, shaking his head and tapping his hands on Jimin's jacket a few times. "Don't worry about it, hyung. Just go."

They stare at each other for a bit, independent from the events and the night, but Jungkook urges Jimin to leave again, said boy awakening from his daze and accepting his help after taking a final look at the shop.

Jungkook watches him walk away through the glass windows, muttering to himself funnily. 

"Thought you didn't like trouble, Jimin-ssi."

Back inside the coffee shop, the barista is busy cleaning up the mess, an unimpressed look on his face when Jungkook crouches to his level to help him out.

"Not impressed, Jungkook."

It's funny how he uses his name like he knew it forever, when they only exchanged numbers last weekend at the coffee shop - finally after all those months of nameless banter. 

"Nice to see you too, Hobi hyung."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 812 29
"childhood friends to strangers to friends to lovers" ??? #97desiromance
16.2K 929 15
They say that satan could be beautiful.. but Jimin never in his life expected him to be this beautiful.
152K 8.6K 27
"Sometimes you forgive people simply because you still want them in your life"
67K 6.3K 62
Love journey of Taekook. Cover by @taekook4562020