Crescent Queen {2} Mikaelson...

By hailsnikita

Sequel to Wolf Queen After leaving to find out more about herself and family, Isabel a teen mom gets more the... More

Interview
Answers With The Cast
Isabel Donovan
Crescent Queen *hybrid addition*
Message Received☽0☾
The Queen And Her Heirs☽1☾
Pestilence☽2☾
Chanting☽3☾
Saved By The Wolf☽4☾
The Vision☽5☾
The Babies
Crescent
High Tide☽6☾
A Dorky Hybrid☽7☾
Means Something To You☽8☾
Forgive Me☽9☾
Casket Girls And Surreal Sketches☽10☾
The Harvest Ceremony☽11☾
Surprise Visits and Name Markings☽12☾
Explain It☽13☾
The Crescents☽14☾
Solve The Riddle☽15☾
Brewing In Anger☽16☾
Temperature☽17☾
The Faction Party☽18☾
A Witch Peace Feast☽19☾
Thea Labonair ☽20☾
They're Gone And Its Collapsing☽21☾
Moonlight Rings And Side Deals☽22☾
She's Gone☽23☾
Crescent Queen |2|
Project Rebirth☽24☾
She's The Queen☽25☾
Tempting Offers☽26☾
Trusted☽27☾
Must Know☽28☾
Werewolf Rescue Mission☽29☾
A Funeral And Manacles☽30☾
Truth In The Journal☽31☾
Wishes☽32☾
Barriers☽33☾
My Secrets, Their Secrets☽34☾
Unmasked Past☽35☾
Blood Diversion☽36☾
Under The Same Stars☽37☾
Sweet Sound☽38☾
Magically Connected☽39☾
Dark Vision☽40☾
Some Doubts☽41☾
The Little Big Surprise☽42☾
For Their Good☽43☾
Crescent Queen |3|
Drawn In☽45☾
Sweet Children of Mine☽46☾
Fight It Out☽47☾
Party Invite☽48☾
The Fashion Police☽49☾
My Warrior Sister☽50☾
In The Deep Blue☽51☾
Tastes Like Confusion With A Hint Of Betrayal☽52☾
Its Never Easy☽53☾
Hands And Hearts☽54☾
In Limbo☽55☾
Distract☽56☾
Unsired Heart☽57☾
Old Friend☽58☾
Never Again☽59☾
I Just Got You Back☽60☾
Mother Trucker☽61☾
New Strain☽62☾
The Captive One☽63☾
Goodbye Is In Order☽64☾
Take Him Down☽65☾
Love And Lost☽66☾
A Sacrifice☽67☾
Crescent Queen |4|
Children of the Damned
Father Dearest☽68☾
Tale as Old as Time☽69☾
The Last Malraux☽70☾

D For Disaster☽44☾

1K 32 29
By hailsnikita

Elijah looked as though someone had just punched him in the stomach while Rebekah looked sad for everyone involved yet understanding. She hesitated for a moment before speaking.

"She's right, Elijah," she said softly. "None of her kids are safe here."

Elijah sadly turned off his cell phone, while Klaus, now furious, left the compound.

•|•

The Crescent pack circled a perimeter out in the pouring rain as they protect a shed where Isabel was talking to Rose and making sure Hope was okay while sleeping.

"We not see dem again?" Rose asked sadly.

"Probably not baby," Isabel told her. "Hope is in danger and we have to keep her safe. Are you okay with that?"

"Opey safe," Rose said glancing at her little sister who was peacefully sleeping.

"And that means no seeing your aunts and uncles for a while," Isabel told her softly as her daughter yawned.

"Otay." She nodded. "Opey safe." Isabel leaned forward and kissed her forehead, a small smile on her face.

Isabel continued held Rose until she fell asleep and then placed her next to her sister before walking outside to join Mary, who was under an awning, making some bundles of herbs, her hair getting wet as she walked under.

"How's the little ones?" Mary asked.

"They are sleeping. Thank god." She sighed anxiously. "Mary, I appreciate you coming, but you should know what you're going up against."

Mary gave her a look. "An ancient witch wants to steal my granddaughter?" She shook her head. "Not on my watch." She held up the bundle of herbs she made. "I brought you something that might come in handy. In my youth, wolves and witches had a peace." She held a lighter in her free hand. "A Voodoo queen I knew showed me how to use herbs to see if magic was afoot. Combine Solomon seal and snapdragon and burn 'em." She explained as she took the lighter and lit the bundle of dried herbs and flowers on fire before setting the smoking bundle in a clay bowl.

"If the smoke is white, all's clear." Mary informed the girl. "If it's black, there's a hex in the air. And, if it's red? Well, then you know you're in trouble." They both look down at the smoldering herbs, which are releasing a black smoke. "Just what I thought- this storm ain't natural."

Isabel sighed immediately. "It's Dahlia. She's trying to pin us down."

Jackson and Hayley join the women, each of whom have a bow in one hand and a quiver of arrows on their back.

"The road to the highway is flooded," Jackson told the two woman. "The quickest way out of here is on foot, through back roads."

Isabel sighed, overwhelmed by everything that was happening.

"What's wrong?" Jackson asked his wife.

"Elijah called Hayley and I's phones so many times- I had to pick up. Klaus is gone. And we don't know where he went."

Hayleys eyes widen at the news. "That means we gotta get out of here. And fast," she said.

"What about the others?" Isabel asked.

Jackson clenched his jaw anxiously.

"We let them go?" Hayley suggested.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

The Crescent wolves all gathered around to listen to Isabel and Jackson update them on what was going on while Hayley stood by her sisters side.

"Alright, everybody." Jackson shouted. "Listen up!" He looked to Isabel, who took a deep breath before holding his hand and addressing her pack.

"I want to thank you all for staying with us. Protecting us," she said sincerely. "For the past few weeks, each one of you has shown me the kindness I needed. Despite hardships and tragedy, you've all become the family I always wanted. You're my pack." The wolves all nod and mutter in agreement, and Isabel hesitated for a moment before continuing. "But, I can't let you risk your lives any more than you already have. The witch is coming. She's powerful, and she's not gonna stop." She looked at Jackson for encouragement. "Hayley, Jack, and I will be better off taking my kids and getting as far away as we can." She looked saddened as she looked over her pack. "Alone." The wolves all simultaneously grew expressions of hurt and confusion on their faces. "I want you to know how grateful I am for everything that you have offered me. Us. But, I can no longer be your Queen anymore. And I let you free from any kind of control I have over you."

All of the Crescent wolves kneeled before Isabel feeling the tug. With a glance at them all she knew what to do. Both she and the wolves in her pack felt this weight lift and they knew now that she made sure that they felt no obligation to her and were free from her.

Isabel clutched onto Jacksons hand tighter and looked devastated as she realized they were about to split up. Jackson raised their intertwined hands and laid a kiss on the back of her hand, bowing slightly as he did so.

"You will always be their Queen." He promised.

Hayley grabbed her other hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "It'll be alright, Iz," she said as she gave a small smile.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Now that the storm spell had been broken, the sun was shining brightly in the Bayou. Isabel, who was carrying Hope who was strapped to her chest and holding Rose -she would have let her walk but they needed to hurry and Rose wouldn't be able to keep up- Jackson, Mary, and the other Crescents have just made it to the Mississippi River, where they stop to determine the best route to take to continue on their journey. Rose pointed a bird that flew to a branch.

"Biwdie." She pointed out to her mom.

"And what sound does a birdie make?"

"Twee twee." Rose grinned.

"That's right." Isabel grinned. "Give mama a high five?" She asked holding her hand out.

Rose slapped her hand and giggled.

Isabel smiled at her playful daughter and pat her head before looking to Mary who had a small tin lantern in her hand and had been placing several bundles of burning Solomon seal and snapdragon to monitor the magic in the area while she had been playing with her daughter.

"This is it."

Isabels smile dropped and she turned serious. "Good. Tell the others they can go. We'll be fine from here."

"Well, they said they're not leaving us 'til we get where we're going," Jackson told her as he shrugged. Isabel turned back toward Mary and Hayley, the former holding up the lantern of burning herbs that still produced white smoke.

"So far, so good!" She gestured toward Rose and Hope. "Here, let me hold the little girl while you figure out where to cross."

Isabel looked down at Rose. "Be nice for grandma Mary?"

"Otay." She handed Rose over to Mary who picked her up and gave her a small tickle to make the girl happier.

"Hey, Rosie." She watched the girl smile widely which caused her to smile at the beautiful baby. "Want to have a little fun?" The little girl nodded and Mary along with Hayley started to walk further away to give the two adults privacy.

"What do you think?" Isabel asked Jackson

"Get across, head for the highway, steal a car, and just go." He smiled hopefully at Isabel, and when he saw her frowning worriedly, be became concerned. "You okay?"

"It was a nice idea- marrying you to make our people strong, raise my baby girls surrounded by the pack." She started.

"Isabel-"

"This morning, when I told them they could go..." she swallowed thickly as she rubbed Hopes back who was still strapped to her chest and trying to catch up on sleep. "I never let you off the hook."

"Don't-"

Isabel looked over at Mary, who was standing with Hayley and another wolf, all of them doting on Rose.

"I'm tired of other people making sacrifices for me. Fighting my battles. I'm tired of dragging people into my mess."

"Hey! That's what family is. They're the people you are born to- and the people you choose- to stand beside you when things are hard. And there's no place I'd rather be than right beside you. Okay?"

Isabel looked at Jackson and her eyes saddened. He was such a good guy to her and this whole thing was a mess.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

After they got across the river and a wolf found them a truck to help move easier, they all stopped at a junkyard outside of the Bayou, where they could set up shop until they determined their destination. Jackson gave some final orders before he headed inside.

"Keep your eyes peeled." Jackson ordered one of the wolves before entering the hideout, where he found Isabel looking at some maps by the light of a lantern on a table.

"So, the guys set up a perimeter. We'll keep first watch. You two should get some rest."

"No. Rose is in wolf form but both the girls are sleeping. Mary's watching them, which means we have a few minutes to think."

Jackson laughed in exhaustion. "Okay, what's on your mind?"

Isabel glanced at the ground. "Hayley and I decided we wanna decide where we're going.." She paused for a moment. "I don't want to spend our life like this- always on the run, looking over our shoulders everywhere we go..."

"If that's what we got to do..."

"I know, but that's not what I want to do if I can stop it. I just... I want something better for my girls. For us." Jackson smiled weakly and nodded. "So, what do you think? Montana? North Dakota? California?"

"We can go wherever you want," he said with a smile.

Isabel sighed with a smile and looked at Jackson with affection before walking toward him.

"Jack... you have to know that you are one of the most important people in my life. And I appreciate everything you have done and will do. And even if it wasn't the most ideal. I don't regret marrying you." She smiled and stared him in the eyes, trying to convey her honesty. "Not one bit." Jackson smiled sweetly as she ruffled his hair. He laughed before taking her hand and give the back of it a gentle kiss.

"You're worth everything to me Isabel. And that means a lot to me."

She brought her hand up to his cheek and stood on her tiptoes and gently kissed his lips. She dropped down to her feet and detached their lips but kept her forehead on his.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel walked in the main building where Jackson was looking over the string on his bow to check on him. "I've been thinking and was wondering... What about Hawaii?"

Jackson thought for a moment, and then smiled and shrugged. "I could live in Hawaii!"

Suddenly, they're cut off by the sound of one of the wolves screaming in agony outside, which startled them so much that they both jump. Isabel, Jackson, and some others wolves -including Hayley- run to see what had happened, only to find Klaus, who ripped the wolves' throat out with his own fingernails. Isabel gasped and her hand flew to her mouth both shocked and horrified, which only made Klaus more satisfied.

"Good evening, Crescents. It will come as no surprise to learn that things will not be ending well for you."

Jackson, looking anxious, stepped in front of Isabel and Hayley before calling back to them, though he doesn't take his eyes off of Klaus. "Go back inside. Get Hope, Rose, and Mary out of here."

Isabel shook her head. "I can help you!"

"I'll be right behind you," he said sternly.

Isabel frowned not liking the idea of leaving him with Klaus. "Jack..."

"Just get the girls, and run."

Isabel looked reluctant to go, but Hayley quickly grabbed onto her sisters arm. "Come on!"

After hearing her sister, Isabel held onto her and vamp-sped away. Once they reached the inside of the building, Isabel let go of Hayley and the two meet up with Mary who held a now human Rose and Hope. She gave the mother her daughters while they explained what happened.

"What about Jack?" Mary asked worriedly.

"He and the others will meet us up the road," Hayley told her while Isabel got distracted by the sight of Mary's lantern full of Solomon seal and snapdragon, which is currently producing red smoke.

Isabel gasped. "It's her. Dahlia."

"All the more reason to go."

Isabel, completely overwhelmed, started to cry. "No. I'm not gonna teach my daughters that it's okay to leave the ones you love to die."

"Isabel." Hayley snapped. "You can not go and try to fight. You are pregnant for gods sake! And I'll be damned before I let you go. So you are coming with us whether you like it or not."

"I can't leave Jack-"

"He's a big boy and can handle himself. I'm sure he'd rather you protect the baby and yourself then him. Now let's go."

Isabel sighed reluctantly. "Fine."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Half way to the vehicle and Isabel stopped when she heard a vampire speeding through. Her eyes widened knowing who it was. "I can't go the rest of the way." The two stopped and turned to her. She handed Hope to Mary and Rose to Hayley. "I need you two to take them and continue on, and get them as far away from here as you can." Isabel let a tear shed as she looked at her daughters. One unaware while the other started to cry for her mom. "It's okay." She assured Rose. "It's okay, baby. Mama's gonna catch up with you real quick, okay? But your aunt and grandma are going to take care of you." She kissed Rose's head then Hopes.

"What about you?" Mary asked concerned.

"I will be fine. I'm just going to talk to Klaus to try and stall him." She looked at Hayley. "I won't fight. Please just go." The two nodded and Isabel instantly vamp-sped away and threw Klaus into a nearby tree.

"I'm sorry, Klaus. But you must understand that my girls are more important then anything. And I couldn't just sit around and let them be tortured by the Mikaelson name."

Klaus growled as he stood up and faced his parabatai. "You have no right to take her away from me!" He argued. He couldn't hurt her and he wouldn't do anything to harm her baby but he was smart and knew a way around touching her. "And you must pay."

As if on cue, Isabel dropped to her knees as her bones snapped.

Back with Dahlia and Jackson the wolves started transform as well.

"What's happening to me?" She cried.

"Oh, this? This was my idea- stealing from Marcel the Crescent curse he once used on your pack. Dahlia was all too happy to make the necessary adjustments to accommodate your hybrid nature." He crouched down in front of Isabel, whose bones are snapping, and fangs are coming out involuntarily, just like all of her fellow wolves. "Now, you will be trapped in wolf form, save for the full moon, leaving you very little time to cause any further mischief. And, because of the Unification ritual linking you to your pack, they will share your fate, Queen."

Isabel screamed as tears flooded her face while her bones continued to snap. "My baby!"

"The little one will be just fine Isabel. Dahlia made sure your womb wouldn't be penetrated and could carry the child. One of the few mercy's I am giving you today."

On the road, Hayley, Mary, Rose, and Hope were in the car, driving away from the junkyard, when Mary and Hayley began to painfully transform into their wolf form as well. Mary was forced to pull over before the two jumped out of the car and fell to the ground, leaving Hope and Rose alone in their car seats.

The two cry out from the transformation and Hayley began to worry about her sister.

"Please. Please don't do this, Klaus." Isabel begged. "She's gonna steal our baby."

"It was you who tried to steal our child. And, for that, you will suffer."

Isabel cried again. "Nik." She muttered before fur started to sprout along with claws and fangs. "I'm sorry."

Something inside him wanted to reach out and explain everything to her and it looked like he was. He understood why she tried to do what she did but that didn't mean he liked it. But in the end he stepped back and looked at her emotionlessly. "I know you are."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Klaus finally tracked Mary's truck, which had been abandoned on the road with the door open after she and Hayley were forced into their wolf forms. When Klaus looked inside the backseat of the truck, he found Hope sitting calmly while Rose cried from fear, having no one around. He smiled at the two reassuringly.

"Hey. I'm here! It's all gonna be okay, I promise."

"I scawed. I wan mama." Rose cried.

"I know sweetheart," Klaus said softly.

Suddenly, Dahlia appeared behind him. "And there she is." Klaus froze for a moment before turning to face Dahlia, standing protectively in front of the girls. Dahlia realized she may have come on too strong and tried to backpedal. "Such a beautiful child."

I wanted to tell you guys that this happening was my choice. I could have very well changed things up and Isabel would have ended up elsewhere at this point and then next season would be her in all kinds of different locations. BUT I decided this was the way I wanted it to go. I kinda like the drama and this helps Isabel think the way she does in the end. I did know a way to make it so she stayed human but like I said I chose this direction.

^ The known Labonairs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 11.8K 60
[Completed|UNDER EDITING] 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧�...
647K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
255K 7.2K 59
Matthias Mikaelson was a faceless man in the Mikaelson family, no one had ever seen his face aside from family and his best friend Katherine Pierce...
676K 18.9K 92
Trapped for a thousand years in a coffin, only to be awoken by the brother of the person she'd been hidden from in the first place. It seemed her onl...