They Don't Know About Us

By superstar-striker

To everyone else it seems like Elliot Griffin is living the dream. She is living out her dream playing profes... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
*IMPORTANT*
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
The End...
|65| Final Chapter

|24|

9.6K 203 51
By superstar-striker

Mal Pugh Pugh🔫

What is up with you??
You've been acting weird since the party and now you've just disappeared
Whatevers wrong we can work it out please just call me and tell me where you are
Please I'm worried

Mama Press 🐻

Mal's just called all of us
We're all worried that no one has heard from you
Whatever it is we're here for you just please let us know where you are we just want to know your safe

Snapback #17

Kid where are you??
Everyone's freaking out
You just disappeared without telling anyone
Kid if you need anything I'll be on the first plane out just please call me

Freckles 🇨🇦

Lee where did you go??
Coach wont tell us where you went just not to worry
Did I do something wrong??
Please just call me i just want to know your okay
Please

I sigh as my phone blows up with text messages from both my national team and college teammates all wondering where I am. "Have you still not responded to any of them?"

I look up to see Daan walking over to me handing me a bottle of water. I sigh and shake my head, "No". Daan sighs and gives me a stern look, "Ellie your going to have to talk to them at some point. You do know you have camp in a few days". I flop back onto the couch and groan, "I know".

It's only been 2 days since the Halloween party but I couldn't stay there any longer. As suspected Jessie didn't remember anything the next morning and everyone noticed my changed after the party. But I needed to just step away from everything.

And before I knew it I found myself on a plane to England

"You should at least text them and let them know your okay. They're going to freak when they find out you left the country" Daan sighs. I bite my lip and nod as I look down at the phone in my hand.

Mal Pugh Pugh🔫

What is up with you??
You've been acting weird since the party and now you've just disappeared
Whatevers wrong we can work it out please just call me and tell me where you are
Please I'm worried

I'm fine just something came up
and I had to leave
I'll see you at camp

Thank god!! Your okay
We are definitely talking at camp Ellie!!

Mama Press 🐻

Mal's just called all of us
We're all worried that no one has heard from you
Whatever it is we're here for you just please let us know where you are we just want to know your safe

I'm okay sorry for not telling anyone
Something came up but I'll be back for camp

I'm glad your okay
We were all worried sick
I'm here if you need anything

Snapback #17

Kid where are you??
Everyone's freaking out
You just disappeared without telling anyone
Kid if you need anything I'll be on the first plane out just please call me

Sorry Toby had to deal with something
But I'm okay no need to worry
I'll see you at camp

Okay kid
If you need anything at all
just give me a ring okay
Love you kid

My finger hovers over Jessie's contact as I have an internal debate on where I should text her back or not. But eventually I give in knowing that the Canadian will worry not knowing what's happening

Freckles 🇨🇦

Lee where did you go??
Coach wont tell us where you went just not to worry
Did I do something wrong??
Please just call me i just want to know your okay
Please

I'm okay something came up
Will talk later

"So what happened that make you jump on a plane and come see me?" Daan asks as she turns and give me her full attention. "How do you know I didn't just miss you? Maybe I just wanted to see my favourite person in the whole world" I say with a cheeky smile.

She gives me a look as I sigh and give in, "Okay maybe not. But I did miss you a lot".She gives me a smile, "I missed you too Ellie. Now tell me what's going on in that pretty little head of yours. Because it must be something big if you came all the way to me instead of someone on the national team". I play with the bottle in my hand as I start to pick at the label, "I...I just needed an outside perspective".

And so I tell her. I tell her everything. I tell her about Jessie and then about Mal and then about how Mal might like Jessie and how I lost it on someone about to force themselves on Jess. Then how Jessie kissed me in the middle of her drunken daze.

"What happened the next day after she woke up?" Daan asks. I run a hand through my hair , "She woke up with a massive headache and she didn't remember anything other than getting ready for the party". "And what did you do after that?" She asks again. I bite my lip and start to play with my hands, "I may have distanced myself from the team a bit".

"Ellie!" Daan scorns. "I panicked okay. I needed time to process everything that happened. You should have seen Mal's face when she begged me to get off that guy. She looked like she didn't even know me! And then I turn around and kiss the girl she might have a crush on" I defend myself as I stand up. Daan stares at me for a bit before speaking, "How do you feel about everything?"

I stop as I look at her confused, "What?" "From the moment you started talking all you've been worrying about is everyone else. Your worried about Mal and Jessie. But you haven't once talked about what you want" Daan explains. "I don't know what I want!" I explode. Daan's eyes softens as she stand up and takes my hands in hers, "Ellie I know you and I know that that's not true. You wouldn't have gotten on a plane to see me otherwise". She gently brushes the stray strands of hair out of my face, "I've known you long enough to know that 9 times out of 10, you will always choose to put someone else before yourself. I think your sabotaging yourself here Ellie. Sometimes you have to look after yourself. It's okay to be selfish sometimes".

I sigh as I look away, "It doesn't matter anyways". "Why do you say that?" Daan asks. "There's no way I can compete with Mal. Jessie isn't going to want me with Mal around. I don't even stand a chance" I mumble as I suddenly find my shoes very interesting. Daan lifts my chin up and forced me to look directly at me, "You don't give yourself enough credit Ellie. You an amazing kind hearted and incredible girl. You bring so much light to so many people's lives. And whoever you end up with will be extremely lucky to have found you".

I can feel tears leak from my eyes as I throw myself at Daan in a tight hug. I tuck my head into the crook of her neck as she hugs me tightly running her hand through my hair, "How about we have a movie night like old times? I want to spend time with my cuddle bug before you leave for camp". I smile and nod, "I'd like that".

We gathered all the hidden junk food hidden around the apartment and grabbed a bunch of pillows and blankets and cuddled up on the couch. We flicked through channel until we eventually found something as I lean into Daan and started watching.

"So enough about my love life, how's Beth?"

.............

"This is not going to end well" I mutter as I walk through the airport slowly trying to delay my scolding. For the days I disappeared for, I ignored all my social medias and pretty much just dropped off everything for a while so no one knew where I was.

Well that was true until Lisa accidentally posted something of Daan and I on her Instagram and everyone found out I was in England. And judging by the calls I got from Tobin, Christen and Mal, I'm in for an ass whooping when I see them.

So I was surprised to see just Alex when I spotted her through the mass of people. "Hey Ellie" she smiles as she holds out her arms for a hug. A grin spreads across my face as I hug the forward happy to see her, "Hey Lex I missed you". "I missed you too Ellie. But I see your tearing up the college league already" she says as she messes up my hair. I pout as I fix my hair, "Is it just you picking me up?" She nods but the look she gives me tells me she knows what I'm really asking, "Nope just me".

I play with my fingers as I rock on the balls of my feet, "Are...are they mad at me?" She gives me a soft smile but I could see the small crinkle on her forehead clearly troubled, "Not so much angry, more worried. I mean you did leave the country Ellie. Mal was frantic calling all of us when she realised you weren't at UCLA. You just up and left and Mal said you were a bit off the day before as well. But they have calmed down a bit since they found out". I bite my lip, "I just needed to clear my head for a bit".

Alex gives me a sad smile, "I get that Ellie. Sometimes everything just gets too much for me as well. Just next time it happens you can always give one of us a call, you don't need to leave the country". I stare forward as I just keep walking nodding. I hear Alex sigh as we get to the car, "Look we don't need to talk about why you left. I just want you to know you can always call me or one of the girls and if not at least just let us know your safe okay. You've become a big part of our lives Ellie and we don't know what we would do if something happened to you". I nod my head, "Okay".

The rest of the drive is a lot less heavy as we talk about our own seasons. She mostly asks me about how I'm doing at UCLA and everything. She stays clear of asking what made me run away to England which I'm grateful for, but I can see her occasionally glance at my hands. But eventually we reach the hotel which causes me to play with my fingers again. After a few minutes we reach the hotel, "Do you know who I'm rooming with?" "I think it's Mal again. I think Jill knows well enough to room you together" Alex laughs. I collect my room key before heading towards when I step off the elevator I'm met with Mal and Lindsey looking at me. "Ellie!" Mal shouts before jumping on me causing me to catch her as I laugh, "Hey Mal". "I'm here too!" Lindsey shouts as she joins the hug. I laugh, "I missed you too Linds". When Mal hops down out of my arms she backs up and slaps my arm, "Never do that again! You just disappeared out of no where and I was worried something happened to you!"

My eyebrows furrow together and I bite my lip, "I'm sorry". Mal looks at me for a bit before turning to Lindsey, "I'm going to help Ellie unpack". She nods, "No worries I'll go hang out with Sonny". Lindsey gives me a quick hug before turning and heading towards what I'm guessing is Sonnett's room. Mal silently guides me to our room but doesn't say anything before we get inside. When I get in I drop my bag by my bed and drop into the bed. "What's going on Ellie?" I hear her ask behind me. I don't move and I don't speak as I just stay lying face down on the bed. "Cmon Ellie talk to me. Why did you just leave without tell anyone? Without telling me?"

I sit up and look at Mal, "I just needed to get away okay?" "But why didn't you talk to me about whatever it is?" She asks. "Cause I needed to step back okay?" I snap. Mal looks hurt before her face hardens, "What happened to telling each other everything?! We're best friends, were supposed to tell each other everything" "Why can't you just drop this?" I narrow my eyes at her. "Because I want to make sure everything is okay with my best friend!" She shouts back at me. We both stand there glaring at each other before the door opens and Tobin leans her head in, "Everything okay here?"

"No" "Yes" Mal and I answer respectively causing me to glare at her again. "What are you hiding Ellie?" Mal interrogates me. I get up and stand in front of her, "You need to back off". "Okay that's enough" Tobin says sternly as she pulls me back from Mal. Mal scoffs before pushing past me and walking out the door. Christen and Tobin share a look before Christen follows Mal. I scoff before I drop down on my bed again and put my head in my hands. "What's happening Ellie?" Tobin asks gently as she sits down beside me. I sigh and shake my head as my hands down into my lap. "Jesus Ellie what happened to your hands?" She asks as her grabs my hands as she can see my busted  fists still all bruised and spit open.

Jesus how hard did I hit him

"It's nothing" I mumble as I shy away from her gaze. "Ellie what happened? I promise I won't be mad" she whispers gently. I take a deep breath and start to play with her fingers as she just let me, "We went to a party. And Jessie picked up the wrong cup or something. I was about to bring her home when I couldn't find her. Mal and I searched the house for her. When I found her she was pressed up against a wall by some guy, She was completely out of it and barely knew what was going on. I lost it on him. I pulled him off her and I just kept hitting him. I only stopped when Mal begged me to get off him". I could feel the tears stream down my face now as Tobin wiped them away, "Mal looked absolutely terrified of me. She looked at me like she didn't even know me. She was scared of me".

Tobin sighs and pulls me into a hug, "Ellie. I'm sure she wasn't scared of you. I think she was just probably shocked about what was happening". I was full on sobbing now into her shoulder, "She looked at me like how I looked at my adopted father when he was about to hit me. I-I was just like him". Tobin pulls me back so we are looking directly at each other, "Elliot, you are nothing like him. He is a disgusting, horrible, terrible human being who had no right to do what he did to you. I know you would never hurt anyone like that, you were just protecting your friend. Promise me you'll never think like that again". I sniffle but nod my head before she pulls me back into a hug calming me down a bit.

After a few minutes Mal and Christen return to the room. Mal looking at lot calmer but still a bit irked but that all falls away when she sees me furiously trying to wipe away my tears, "Hey it's okay whatever it is we can figure it out Ellie". She sat in the other side of me as we wrapped each other in a tight hug.

"Are you scared of me?" I whisper to her which causes her to pull away, "What?" "At the party...when I hit that guy. You looked like you were scared of me. I don't want to be someone your scared of" I whisper. Mal seems to understand, "Ellie I wasn't scared of you. You were just protecting Jess and I had a few to drink I was just trying to process what was happening. I could never be scared of you Elliot". Mal pulled me back into a hug as I hide my face in her neck, "I'm sorry I blew up at you earlier". "It's okay Ellie. It's just you were acting weird before you left  and when I couldn't find you I was worried that you had a panic attack somewhere and had no one there to help you" Mal rants.

"I'm sorry I had you all worried. I just needed space for a bit I guess. And I really missed Daan and the others. I use to see them everyday and now I don't" I sigh. Christen kneels in front of me, "And that's okay. I think we all were just worried not knowing where you are. Because we all cared about you Ellie and we just wanted to know you were safe. I'll admit I kinda lost it when I found out you were in England but I was just happy you were okay". She brushes some hair out of my eyes, "It's okay to feel homesick from time to time. You spent a long time over in England and you were very close to Danielle and the others. I just hope you know that you always have a place with us and can come to us night or day whenever you need us".

"Okay" I whisper as I take her hand and she helps me up. "Good now let's go get that hand checked out" Christen says as she leads me out the door to bring me to Dawn's room. I couldn't tell them about me liking Jessie and Mal might be like her too. I couldn't let them choose sides and besides usually secrets don't last too long on this team.

Dawn was able to bandage my hands and told me to lay off any heavy lifting until my hands were better. "Thank you" I sigh as I nuzzle into Christens side as we watched a movie in their room. Mal decided to go hang out with the other youngsters and give us "family time". It was great being back with both of them as we just talked about anything. Christen runs her hand through my hair while Tobs and I joke about the movie we're watching.

Eventually we have to go down to dinner and it was funny seeing Emily's mouth drop finding out I was in a fight. Although the bad side of it was Becky and Carli not being very impressed about that. Kelley spent the whole of dinner saying how bad ass it was when Mal told her it was against a guy twice my size which earned her a snack from Alex.

When dinner was finished Mal and I went back to our room. "Ugh I'm wrecked" I groan as I plop down on my bed. "Same" Mal sighed as she fell onto her bed. "So have you figured out..." I start but Mal catches on and let's out a sigh, "I don't know honestly it was probably more of a in the moment thing. But I just don't know". "Well you'll figure it out. And if you ever need to talk I'm always here okay?" I reassure her. "Thanks Ellie. I'm going to go get ready for bed" she yawns before grabbing her clothes and going into the bathroom.

It makes me feel slightly guilty as I feel relieved that Mal isn't sure of her feelings for the Canadian knowing I maybe have a sliver of a chance but immediately shake my head forgetting the thought knowing I aren't that lucky. And Jess could never see me as more than a friend.

I sigh as I look down at my phone as there is another call from Jessie. I turn off my phone and close my eyes and sigh. There's only so long I can ignore her for and camp won't last forever. Ignoring my temptation to call her back I instead get under the covers and drift off the sleep.

I had one problem solved now I just had to handle my feelings for a certain freckled face Canadian.

Hey guys!! Okay so I know everyone was kinda expecting a Jessie chapter her and it wasn't really and it was more of a filler chapter than anything BUT it was kinda needed for what I have planned so before you start getting your virtual pitchforks out, I'm sorry but you kinda need this in the lead up for the next few chapters. So for now I just promise that this chapter is necessary for the next few chapters and hope that you trust that I will come through on the next few chapters. Also due to how Elliot grew up she never really learned how to deal with stuff like this and so doesn't know how to handle it which is why this was all crucial to the story. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter (even it there wasn't a lot in it). Comment anything you liked or didn't like and anything you would like to see in the future. Until next time, bye!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1.1K 18
Just my gay ass writing about hot women with all respect
375K 8.9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
614K 14.7K 68
Hayley knight had a love for soccer, it was what she lived and breathed. As a young teen, she dreamed of playing for the USA but after an accident, s...
445K 14.2K 154
In Emma's 21 years of living she has been to hell and back. She relies on a handful of people to keep her going. When one of them breaks her who will...