Flames of Hope

By Coriwii

Izuku Midoriya. A viridian haired boy with emerald eyes and constellation like freckles. He was born into a w... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
I was Tagged!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Notice
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84-
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 1

22K 466 297
By Coriwii

Hello anyone reading this! Welcome! I hope you all enjoy my first try at writing fanfiction!

Izuku Midoriya is a plain boy with green unruly hair, doe like green eyes and freckles that form a nebula over his nose and his cheeks. Born in Musutafu, Japan to Inko Midoriya and Hasashi Midoriya.

In Izuku's world, 80% of the population on earth has a Quirk, with these powers, people become Heroes that help those who cannot help themselves. These Quirks are an evolution of the human body, granting extraordinary power to those who have one. 20% of the population, however, don't have these powers, and are often discriminated against due to them lacking a quirk.

Izuku was thought to be unlucky, thought to be quirkless, a Deku, useless and unable to be what he dreamed of being:

A Hero.

He dreamed of being a Hero, being number one, the next Symbol of Peace. But his apparent quirklessness caused him to be cast aside like trash, thrown to the wolves and to fend for himself.

His own parents abandoned him, shortly after the nightmare hospital appointment, left him alone in the apartment once shared by the small family. They left him a single note, short and sweet, telling him that he was a disappointment to them and should be isolated like a disease.

He wanted so hard to be like his idol, All Might, Symbol of Peace and Number one hero. So, he smiled and carried on his life, aiming to be a hero, even though everyone put him down. At his tender age of 4, Izuku realised that men aren't created equally, far from it.

School was no better, abused and bullied by everyone, even his once best friend Bakugou Katsuki, or Kacchan as Izuku called him, bullied him, as in Bakugou's mind, he was superior to Izuku. This in turn meant that Izuku was below him and gave him the right to use his quirk on the 'Useless Deku' of the school.

Present day, Izuku is selectively mute, his once vibrant emerald eyes now clouded and dull, and his freckles stand out against his pale skin. Scars litter his body, gotten from beatings at school or his self-inflicted ones that scatter his arms and thighs. His worse visible scar covers the right side of his face. Given to him by Bakugou, it marks the end of his friendship with him, and the beginning of bullying and abuse that followed.

Stray tears run down Izuku's face, sobs rack over his body, but no one hears in his desolate apartment. The apartment itself is a mess, just like Izuku at this moment, as he feels the crushing force of loneliness and depression squeeze at him, mushing his insides together, and clogging his brain.

Now at the age of 8, he has been living alone of 4 years, lasting so long was a surprise to Izuku, but his loneliness never left, not once over the years. He can vividly remember the exact moment his life went to hell...

4-year-old Izuku sat in the office chair opposite the quirk specialist, with an x-ray of his feet to the doctor's right. His feet couldn't hold still, he was so excited to get a quirk so he could become a hero like All Might. Both his parents sat back, close to the door, both looking nervous but like Izuku, excited. The doctor let out a small sigh, like he was fed up, before his green goggles looked up glinting in the light hanging above him, and spoke two words that will shatter Izuku's life,

"He's Quirkless"

Both his parents looked shocked, before his mother spoke up,

"But both of us have quirks, I have attraction of small objects, my husband has fire breath, so why doesn't Izuku?" the doctor simply shrugged and said,

"Fourth generation quirks, a rare mutation, but means he is quirkless, little chance of him developing one at all."

With those words, His mother and Father's faces fell, and a sinister silence spread in the room, no more words were spoken as the parents dragged young Izuku out of the hospital back the apartment and left him there all alone; not without a departing gift, as he heard his father take a breath, before releasing large flames that flew towards him, licking his back and leaving him in excruciating pain.

The way the doctor said it was like a person being diagnosed with a serious disease, something bad. No longer able to sit alone, he bolted out of his apartment complex, phantom pain flaring in his back. Darkness surrounded him, but the stars glistening brightly above him made him power forward, guiding him to a dump of a beach. Dagobah beach. Illegal dumping grounds, but the perfect gym, new found determination filled him, he will be a hero, the greatest one around.

Or not. Fear flooded into him as a cold metallic object is placed on his back, right where his heart is, and a cold, evil voice sounded from behind him,

"You think you can just come here to my territory like no one's business, hell no, so I think I'll punish you!"

He blabbered on about the beach, then he finished his monologue, he pulled his fist back, quirk activated turning into some sort of metal, and went to punch Izuku, and it struck in the centre of his chest, the man had pulled back his fist once more. He knew that it would kill him, and a high-pitched ringing bounced in his ears, unable to stop the impending doom that approaches.

And for the first time in Izuku's life, he felt empowered, strong. Izuku noticed that stars appeared in his mind, glowing brightly and the brightest a green one, out shining the rest. He could feel a heavy weight that had settle in his chest, his soul, burst, releasing all the anger, sadness, and pain Izuku had felt over the years, and with the internal explosion inside his soul, a bright shockwave of heat and power burst, disintegrating the would-be murderer where he stood, and caused himself to pass out.

When Izuku awoke, he found himself led on the beach, around him a large area cleared like a bomb had gone off, and he was at the centre. He couldn't remember at all what had transpired last night, so shrugged it off thinking he passed out due to someone's quirk. He did feel weird though, very warm and energy flowing throughout his veins, and feeling like he could run a marathon and not break a sweat.

Once he arrived at the apartment, he still had no idea what on earth was wrong with him, this pent-up energy he was feeling, wanting to burst. He entered his mind, finding the pulsing energy and pulled it to his hands, then pushed out the energy, sending a jet of white-hot flames through the air and onto his couch, scorching it.

Panicking, he reached for the flames, manipulating the flames of the couch and into shapes, different shades of colour with his favourite being forest green flames. Like a light switch he realised that he had a quirk, and amazing quirk! His spirit drowned with hope, a fire rekindled in his soul. He noticed his note book on the table and ran to get it, hands outstretched, a pulling sensation in his palms, then it flew at him, He had TWO quirks! Izuku couldn't believe it, he can be a hero like All Might. No more time wasted, he went to his room, covered with lovingly wore hero posters and other merch with the little money he had, and pulled up his laptop salvaged from random parts found during his years alone, and looked up ways to
improve/train quirks.

Research says that to train a fire quirk, one must be both physically and mentally fit to handle them, lest they become dangerous and wild. He enrolled himself at a dojo for many forms of martial arts, cleaning Dagobah beach to help with his training, also picking up on parkour and dance for flexibility; they were expensive, but the little money he had always stayed the same, a benefit to his part time job of cleaning the neighbours flats and stuff. He had 7 years until U.A, and he couldn't wait, this was his beginning as the greatest hero of all time.

The Symbol of Hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 72.5K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...
83.1K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...
93K 3.4K 16
With nothing left to lose, one might say that killing oneself might be the best option, but what if that doesn't work? Izuku Midoriya, a seemingly qu...
43.6K 2.4K 18
With a quirk that was as villainous as his father Stain, this kids future was sealed the moment people see his quirk. Izuku Midoriya had a quirk he w...