Love Me In Secret (Asanoya)

pidgeonoffice által

Why can't I be normal? It's not like I can hide my feelings forever... if I don't make a move now, then when... Több

Chapter 1: Comfort
Chapter 2: Thunder
Chapter 4: Sit With Me
Chapter 5: Don't Leave
Chapter 6: Checkmate
Chapter 7: New
Chapter 8: Rain
Chapter 9: Crush
Chapter 10: Confession
Chapter 11: I've been meaning to tell you...
Chapter 12: The Plan
Chapter 13: Make Your Move
Chapter 14: Finale
Epilogue

Chapter 3: Take Care Of Me

5.7K 173 192
pidgeonoffice által

Asahi's POV (dont worry, there will be a lot more Nishinoya)

I was flat on my back on the wet concrete, stunned; I was just letting the water soak into my clothes.
Wh...what? I thought, looking up at the grey cloudy sky; raindrops fell onto my face, dripping down the sides of my head as I simply lay there.
I felt people grabbing both of my arms, trying to heave me up, so I complied and helped them help me get onto my feet. Daichi and Sugawara starting worrying about me.
"You're soaked! Hurry, hurry, Asahi we have to get to my house before you get too cold!" Sugawara grabbed my hand, causing me to yelp from the pain. Sugawara quickly retracted his hand, looking at it with a scared expression.
The palm of his hand was covered in dripping crimson red blood. At first I was concerned; how did his hand get all bloody?
Then I realized it wasn't his hand that was bleeding. I looked down at my right hand, all scraped up and bleeding; drops of rain splatted against my wound, making it sting.
"You must have tried to brace your fall, Asahi. When we get to Suga's house we'll clean it up and bandage it, ok? C'mon," Daichi told me.
"Ok," I replied.
The wind started to whip against us, making my body, which was already suffering due to the freezing water, even colder. I started to shiver as we remained at a slight jog, wishing that we could hurry up and get inside.
I looked to my left at Sugawara, who was now closest to the street after convincing himself that he couldn't let me get even more wet. His hands were clasped together, being held up to his neck, and his cheeks were a faded cherry colour from the cold.
I looked to my right at Daichi; he had a serious expression on his face, his eyebrows narrowed and he was slightly frowning. He was grasping my wrist and sort of pulling me along with him.
I kept my right hand flat, careful not to bend it too much and let blood out. It was kind of hard, considering how much it was shaking from the cold air.
I clenched my teeth. There were only two more residences before we reached Suga's, but it felt like hours before we finally arrived at the medium-sized black fence. Daichi remained holding onto my wrist as we made our way towards the doors.
"Once we get in, Asahi take off your coat and socks. We'll head to my bedroom and you can change your clothes to something... dryer," Sugawara commanded as we jogged up the pathway towards the front door.
          "Okay," I had nothing to protest against, so I did as I was told as he opened the door, Daichi and him basically dragging me inside.
         I felt as a warm wave of heat wrap itself around my body, making my skin have a sort of tingly feeling. Suga made haste to slide the door closed, relieving us from the chilly storm outside, then quickly turned towards me, rushing me to remove my dripping coat.
         Peeling my coat from my skin and taking my arms out of the sticky wet sleeves, I handed it to Sugawara. Then, I slipped my drenched shoes off of my feet and quickly pulled off my socks.
At this point, Daichi had already let go of me, so his job was holding our leftover food from the Ramen Shop until we could finish eating it.
"Asahi, go to my room and change. Come out when you finish, too, so that we don't end up walk in on you in your underwear," Sugawara pointed down the hallway to where his bedroom was located, pushing me at the same time. Nodding, and still shivering, I grabbed my overnight bag and rushed to Sugawara's room.
Why today? Of all days.. first I have a mental breakdown, next I get soaked by the rain and scrape my hand. What's next, hm? I thought as I stepped into the bedroom and slid the door shut behind myself.
I tugged on the zipper, revealing the contents of my overnight bag. On the top sat a travel toothbrush, a hairbrush, and a mini tube of Minty Fresh™ toothpaste. Below it was a nicely folded, baggy sweater. I smiled at the thought of my mom making sure I had everything I needed for a nice sleepover, then proceeded to dig through the bag to find the clothes she had neatly packed for me. But as I lifted the sweater out of the bag, I realized that the sweater had taken up the entire bag, and the rest was empty.
        As if something would appear, I stared into the barren bag. How could she forget to pack clothes?! What did she think I was doing? She knew I was sleeping over! Frantic thoughts sped about my head as I just sat there on the floor.
        My wet clothes were making me cold, uncomfortable, and unhappy, but I had nothing to change into. I looked down at my sweater. I probably could just where that and my volleyball shorts, I started thinking of a solution.
      However, I was reminded that I had  left my school bag at my own house before we headed to the Ramen Shop, so I didn't actually have my volleyball shorts either. I sighed.
        I walked over to the door and slid it open to go tell Sugawara and Daichi that I had no clothes, but Suga was already there, waiting on the opposite wall in front of the door.
        "Oh— Suga. I was just going to tell you someth—"I started.
         "Why are you still in those wet clothes?!? You're going to get sick! Get back in there and change, Asahi!" Suga yelled, shoving me back into his bedroom, unaware of my predicament.
        "I have none," I said, trying to regain my balance from Suga's push. He stared at me.
         "None... no clothes?" He asked, tilting his head to the left with a perplexed expression. "Well, here.  You can borrow some of mine."
        Sugawara slid past me, making me step back into the the wall of the door, then ran to his dresser and started going through his drawers. "I have some slightly oversized sweatpants that would fit you perfectly, Asahi," he reached into the drawer and pulled out a large pair of black sweatpants, lowly tossing them to me.
       "Do you need a shirt? A t-shirt maybe?" He interrogated, turning back and looking up at me.
        "Uhh, no thanks. I have a sweater I can wear," I replied.
         "Ok, great! Now get changed," Suga hopped up, then ran out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

        I walked downstairs in my nice dry clothes (the sweatpants were so fuzzy!), meeting Daichi in the living room. He sitting comfortably on the couch with the TV remote grasped in his hand.
       I plopped down next to him, not expecting him to immediately start taking care of my hand.
        "Looks like the bleeding slowed a lot more," he remarked, grabbing my wrist and signalling me to turn my hand face-up. He began to dab it with a wet cloth, making me cringe. The cloth was warm though, so it kind of felt nice.
         "Sugawara is in the kitchen making tea for us. He's also heating up his food— do you want your leftovers too? You didn't actually finish it before," Daichi spoke as he began to wrap a bandage around my right hand.
        Suddenly, I felt my stomach rumble. I hadn't finished my dinner since I ran off to the bathroom, but with all these emotions I didn't notice how famished I was.
I was tired, too. Having mental breakdowns like the one I did always drained everything out of me. It didn't help that I also just wanted to curl up in a warm blanket; I would probably fall asleep during the movie...
"Yes please. Thanks for wrapping up my hand, Daichi," I gave him a small smile.
"No problem," he jumped off from his spot on the couch, making me bounce just a little bit from the weight being taken off. He then ran into the kitchen to heat up our food.
        I inspected my hand carefully. There was a dark patch where the bandage was absorbing blood, but it wasn't big. I sighed with relief, lifting my legs up into the couch and crossing them in front of me.
        My feet were cold, and so was everything else on my body. Looking around and behind me, I spotted one of the living room blankets nicely folded on the arm of the couch.
        I grabbed the blanket and shook it vigorously to unfold it, then let it fall onto my lap. I smiled, snuggling into the warmth.
       "Asahi! Do those clothes fit you nicely?" Sugawara walked in, carrying in two regular teacups.
        "Yes, thank you very much for lending me them, Suga," I bowed my head, reaching out for my cup with my hands.
         "Left hand," Sugawara pulled away from my right. I grabbed it with my left hand and slowly brought the sweet tea to my lips."Thank you, Su—"
My thankful gesture was suddenly interrupted by a terrible coughing fit. I shoved my face quickly into my arm, trying to hold my tea steady in the other hand.
"Gosh, Asahi. I hope you aren't getting sick," Sugawara commented worriedly, his eyebrows furrowing.
"Me too. The last thing I'd want to happen is getting sick on a weekend," I replied hoarsely, taking another sip of the frothy tea to help sooth my now aching throat.
My parents work tomorrow, so I'd have to lay down on the couch or my bed and sleep all day if I got sick... I thought.

Once Sugawara got a movie set up, Daichi carried in the three bowls of food into the living room and set them nicely down on the coffee table. He brought in chopsticks for Sugawara and I (how did he know where those even were?!), then we all plopped down on the cushiony couch.
         Feeling a buzz from my phone in the pocket of my sweatshirt, I quickly took my phone out and opened it.
        It was a message from Nishinoya!
It said: "Are you feeling better now??? You better be, or I'll rolling thunder into your legs!"
         I chuckled, replying: "I'm much better now, thanks."
         "Why do you have to make it sound like you're talking to, like, a business man or something?" Daichi, who was looking at my messages from my right, inquired.
         "Gah! I don't know! That's just how I text!" I closed my phone and shoved it in my pocket in one smooth motion. "At least, that's how my dad taught me..."
"Haha, right," Daichi replied slyly.
Sugawara dimmed the lights so that everywhere was completely dark.
"Shhh! I'm unpausing the movie now," he hissed, jumping back into the couch and hitting a button on the TV remote.
————————————————————

Only about an hour into the two hour long movie, my head began to develop a throbbing pain, and my cough was intensifying. I continued watching the movie, though at least I was attempting to. My eyes would close for a second, then open up quickly once I realized what was happening. I couldn't focus on the events in the movie.
I shifted my position so I was leaning heavily against the arm of the couch, then I tugged the blanket up higher like I would do if I were sleeping.
Can't sleep yet... the movie isn't over. I'll just wait a little longer so that we can all head up to Suga's room and sleep on the futons or something. I thought wearily, laying my head down.         Just... another... hour....

————————————————————

         My eyes shot open again. The movie was still playing, but I didn't recognize the part we were at.  In fact, I remembered Sugawara putting on a new movie, although I wasn't paying attention to that either to what the movie was.
        I looked to my right and saw both Daichi and Sugawara, wide awake and staring at the screen intently. I looked at the screen, moving nothing of my body but my head. The brightness stunned me for a moment, but I soon adjusted. The volume was low, which perplexed me.
I shouldn't have woken up to the sound. I can barely hear it. Maybe it was the brightness of the screen.
         I looked down at the coffee table where our three empty bowls sat. The three of us had scarfed down our meals early on in the first movie, and now Sugawara and Daichi were eating popcorn— I could smell the savoury butter and steamy popcorn.
        But it didn't make my stomach rumble with hunger like it typically would.
         My stomach felt... weird. It was as if someone was stirring my insides with a spoon, around and around and around....
         I felt my stomach tense up, feeling a small gurgle from within; something was rising. I was going to throw up.
I threw the blanket off of me, surprising Daichi as it fell on him.
"Asahi?!" I heard him say as I leapt up off of the couch and started racing towards the bathroom just down the hall off to the left of the living room.
I yanked open the door and switched on the light.
I might not make it—
I fell to my knees, lifting up the toilet seat.

As I was finishing throwing up my insides, Sugawara rushed in with a wet cloth in his hand.
I was clutching my stomach with my arms as I kneeled in the floor, trying not to look at my dinner in the toilet in front of me.
"Here, wipe your face off," Sugawara handed me the damp cloth, as I finally sat back, rubbing the cloth on my face with my left hand.
My head throbbed with pain; my throat burned.
"What.. time is it," I asked weakly. It felt like if I talked normally, all my breath would run out on just a couple of words, so I had to breathe every two words (even while whispering).
"10:00.. well, if you want exact time, it's 9:50. C'mon, Asahi; you can sleep on the couch. I'll sleep on a futon, and Daichi can sleep on the smaller couch," Sugawara linked his arm into mine, helping me get up.
Slowly, I rose to my feet and flushed the toilet.
Daichi was waiting for us in the living room, having set up the couch with a pillow for me to sleep on, and also a small futon.
        I groaned uneasily as I began to lay down in my dedicated spot.
Crap. Both Daichi AND Suga will be busy tomorrow... I thought, concerned. I don't want to be alone while sick... but I'm 18. I don't need to be babied anymore when I'm sick. I'll just lay down and rest tomorrow...

————————————————————
Nishinoya's POV

        RINNNNG! RINNNNG! RINNNNG! My phone screamed loudly, scaring me into consciousness.
         The night before I had left my phone beside my head on my bed next to the pillow, and now I was regretting it.
        My eyelids dragged back down to the bottom lids, but swiftly shot open again when the ringing repeated.
Ugh.. too early, I thought drowsily as I turned my body to the left so that I was facing my phone. Rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes, I opened my phone to see who the hell was calling at... what?!? It's only 8:00 in the morning!
       I wanted to ignore the call, but when I looked at the name, I knew I'd be in trouble if I didn't answer.
        -yawn-"Hey, Daichi-San. Uhh. What's up?" I asked quietly.
        "Hello, Nishinoya. How was your night?" Daichi interrogated.
Did he seriously call me just to ask how my night was?!! I thought, slightly annoyed at him for interrupting my sleep.
        "Oh, not bad. Y'just woke me up."
        "Sorry about that. I have a favor to ask of you, if you will," Daichi explained.
         "Uhhh.... yeah sure"-yawn- "What's up?"
         "Well... yesterday while Azumane and Suga and I were walking home in the rain, he slipped and got all wet. He was pretty cold too. Last night he got really sick and threw up; he still is, too. Right now we are at his house, but his parents are at work, and Sugawara and I have plans already with our families..." he explained to me calmly.
        "He's sick? Do you need somebody to take care of him? Is that why you called?" I tried not to sound frantic, even though the news made me wide awake.
        "If it's not any trouble. We can call somebody else if need be," Daichi replied.
        "No, no! I can watch him for a while. I'll head over right now," I remarked, quickly climbing out of bed to get dressed.
         There was a pause on the phone. "Oh no," he said, probably not to me, though, since his voice was distant. "Nishinoya, Suga and I have to leave Asahi right now. He's sleeping in his bed. I'll leave a key under the doormat, is that ok?"
       "Yup! I'll get there as quickly as possible!" I was already removing my pajamas as our phone called ended.
       Maybe I can show Asahi how nurturing I can be to him... then he will want me to take care of him!! I thought to myself excitedly, but quickly realized how stupid it was.
         As I dug through my mountainous basket of clothes for a shirt, my phone began to ring again. It was Tanaka!
        "Goooood morning!" I greeted him, holding my phone to my ear with my shoulder as I continued my search for a clean shirt.
        "GOOD MORNING! I just wanted to ask you a question since you never got to answer yesterday," Tanaka got straight to the point. "WHO. IS. YOUR. CRUSH?"
       I paused. I wasn't expecting him to pry so much, but it's probably fair since he had attempted to guess before and I never told him.
         "Oh— uhhhhhhmmmm! I uh.." I don't know why, but I began to stutter. "It.. it's... Asahi." I tried to sound nonchalant, however I had never told anyone about my guy crush beforehand.
       There was silence in the other end of the line. Oh no... he thinks I'm gross. He probably is thinking about how out of my league Asahi is, and is trying to figure out a way to tell me.. I felt my stomach tie into knots.
        "I knew it. I KNEW IT!!" Ryu shouted excitedly. "I knew ever since I had tried to guess his name!"
       I sighed heavily but silently, relaxing my unknowingly tense shoulders. "But don't you think he's.. just so out of my league? Shouldn't you be scolding me for having a crush on someone like him?" I asked as I attempted to get my shirt on whilst keeping the phone pressed to my ear.
       "Well... Yuu, if I'm going to be honest... Asahi is straight as fuck," he replied, almost sounding regretful.
        My heart felt heavy. "I... I know. I know I shouldn't like him... I-" I realized I had to get to Asahi's house!
        "AGHH! I have to go— Asahi is sick and Daichi asked me to take care of him! Call you later!" I said frantically.
          "Wait wha—"
        I hung up before he could finish his sentence, shoving my shirt over my head and grabbing a sweater. Sprinting out my bedroom door, I snatched my umbrella, since I could still hear the light patter of rain against the house.
        I don't stop by the kitchen to eat breakfast— Asahi was way more important than that. Besides, I could just make some tea when I arrived.
————————————————————

        I briefly jogged, my feet splatting heavily against the soaking lake of a sidewalk. My umbrella was propped up above me and a little to the right to prevent wetness, since I was also wearing headphones to listen to music.
         For some reason, I got really warm when I fall asleep or just wake up, so the cool, fresh air outside felt relieving against my warm skin.
Asahi is going to be so surprised to see me! I'll make him some of that tea he and his family adores, and I'll talk to him so he doesn't feel lonely, even if he doesn't answer. I'll make sure he feels better in no time! I beamed with motivation, determined to make Asahi as comfortable as possible.
         I arrived at his residence within about twenty minutes of leaving; a new record!
         I jogged up the walkway, admiring Asahi's mom's garden. There were roses and daffodils being grown on both sides of the lawn, ordered in neat arrays; they were just absolutely gorgeous.
        I pulled my umbrella down and closed it as I walked under the shelter of the roof, then crouched down to the ground.
         Holding the doormat up with one hand, I slid my other hand under it, searching for the feel of the spare key.
Where is it? I felt the middle of the doormat, touching a freezing cold piece of metal. Aha!
          I took the key and unlocked the door, slowly opening it just in case Asahi was still sleeping. I stepped in, shutting the door behind myself and placing my umbrella beside the door.
          I didn't know why, but I felt sort of nervous. I mean, Asahi had no idea that I was the one coming over to take care of him, he just knew that someone was coming over.
        Taking my shoes off and exiting the mud room, I started towards the hall where all the bedrooms were located. I hope he's awake. Then maybe it won't be so awkward for him to find out I'm here. Actually, it probably won't be awkward. Asahi trusts me, right? I mean, he trusts me enough to ask for advice and stuff...
I tip-toed quietly towards his door, then slowly opened it.
         There I saw Asahi; laying on his right side in nothing but underwear with a fan turned on beside him at full blast. His long hair was down and out of his usually bun, draped slightly in front of his face and spread across his pillow.
         My face turned a rosy pink as I looked away. They didn't tell me he'd be half naked! I cursed internally.
        I went up to his bed, admiring the peaceful giant while quickly pulling his blanket up to his waist (at least) so that only his chest was uncovered. Phew.
         I made my way around the fan so I was right beside his head, which was facing the wall. His skin looked pale— too pale for Asahi, who's skin tone is tanner than mine. He had light purple rings around his eyes, indicated his exhaustion.
Aww. Poor guy was probably up all night sic—
       He suddenly shifted positions, now on his back. His eyebrows narrowed, giving him a distressed look as he started kicking his blankets off of his legs.
          OH! DUH! I internally gave myself a slap in the face. He obviously has a fever! He'll feel too hot with the blankets on top.
         I diligently hovered my hand over top of his forehead, checking to see if he was radiating hot temperatures. It was warm, definitely, but not burning.
         However, I was still uncomfortable with the fact he was only in his underpants, so I thought of a plan.
         I stepped over to his desk, which was exactly beside the head of the bed, and pulled out the wheely chair silently.
         I pushed it in between the desk and the bed, then plopped myself down. The fan blocked my view of anything past Asahi's chest.
        I gave Asahi a pitiful expression. He didn't deserve to suffer with this sickness. He deserved to be happy and not sick.
         I watched as he turned his body again; now he was facing me. It startled me at first, making my palms sweat, but I knew he didn't wake up since he continued to lay placidly there.
         I noticed he was breathing through his mouth. His nose must be congested or something, I immediately thought.
       I watched him for a good ten minutes before I decided to find something to do. I had brought a bag with me, filled with an extra sweater, some cough drops (just in case), a book I had been reading, and my wallet. I chose to just play a game in my phone while waiting for Asahi to wake up instead of my book, purely for the purpose of me not really wanting to read anything. Hopefully it won't be too long.
————————————————————

        It had been almost an hour since I arrived at Asahi's house, and he was still asleep. I wasn't complaining; I knew sick people needed as much rest as possible, but I was getting lonely.
        Suddenly, I heard Asahi stirring in his bed.
         I looked over at him. He was still facing me, but his facial expression looked uncomfortable. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders, then tucked his legs up to his chest.
Is he cold? He's probably cold.
         I stood up and pressed the OFF button in the fan, then moved it out of the way. Then, I turned around and began to, once again, pull Asahi's blanket up.
         But as I was reaching for it, I heard a low gasp.
         I whipped my head towards Asahi.
         "NISHI-NISHINOYA?!" His raspy voice was raised to a slightly higher volume than normal as he hastily grasped his blankets and pulled them up to his chest, his face looking embarrassed. "What are you doing here?!"
         I stepped back a bit, pulling my hands into my sweater pocket. "Daichi asked me to take care of you today. He told me that you got really sick," I replied calmly.
         I saw as his shoulders relaxed, then tensed up again. He quickly reached one of his long, muscular arms down beside his bed, pulling up a garbage can and holding it up to his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote it if you liked it :) I'll try to get the next chapter out soon but idk because I didn't expect people to want to read this ;—;

oya oya?

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.8K 128 38
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ hey guys! this is my first time writing a story so i apologize if it's cringy/bad lol. ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ sorry for...
110K 3.5K 39
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢�...
27.2K 631 16
Fanfiction! "I love you, Nishinoya." " I love you too, Asahi-san." Now that the libero and ace are together, they go through more things together...
558K 14.8K 32
A fanfiction of you and your favorite Haikyuu character. Disclaimer: I do not own Haikyuu Hope you enjoy!! update; HUGE thanks to anyone who has rea...