They Set Us Up

By CindyquilLove

When friends get into a relationship, they feel happier, which is good. But they also feel the need to have a... More

Prologue
Encouragement from a Friend
Chances Lead to New Beginnings
No Harm With Being Cliché
Meetings and Discussions
Problems with Investigations
Heroes Need Sleep Too!
Buzzing In Her Head
Late Night Talks
Let's Negotiate

The Empress Meets... Her Hero?

6K 150 66
By CindyquilLove

The week in Manhattan, NY was everything Chloé was expecting, which also made her sad that her bestie couldn't experience it with her. So during the week she had consulted with Mari on her outfits. It would be like in a way she was there, she would take photos of outfits she thought the young designer would like. And texted her about her thoughts on certain pieces.

It was now three days since Chloé and her mom arrived in Gotham. They were staying in a condo her parents owned in Gotham, they would normally use when they would visit the city. Gotham was filled with skyscrapers, the architecture of the buildings were more sleek and more business style.To Chloé the city was much.... gloomier than Paris. The atmosphere of the city seemed cloudy (okay, sure it was Septembe but still.) It was alot different from her home, the city of lights.

'Mari-bug would definitely like some pictures for inspiration.' She thought to herself as she decided to explore the city.

She gathered her outfit for the day, a black cape blazer with gold buttons. Gifted to her by the one and only MDC herself, it was made for comfort and style. The material looked sleek and business like but was made to keep her warm in the cold city, with added hidden pockets to keep her kwami close. Soft canary yellow shirt underneath the blazer, white dress pants and black with a gold metal cap toe stilettos. She left her hair down, with the exception of her bee comb on her hair.

With a once over look in the mirror, and selfie sent to her bestie she ventured on to explore the city.

She decide to walk to a boutique that had caught her eye, on the drive from the airport to her family's condo. She wanted to find some gifts for ther friends, while also getting a better look of the buildings structure. It was a 'two birds one stone' idea for her. After finding what she thought were suitable gifts, the blonde made her purchases and continued her walk. Before going back "home" she decided to stop at a cafe. She sat on the cafe's patio and ordered a honey, vanilla chamomile tea and croissant (and a honey lemon tart for Pollen). She relaxed and sent the pictures she took to Mari along with her snack for the day.

______________________________________

Queenie👑:

(insert picture) Tea was okay, however their croissant was utterly ridiculous, no where near your parents level.

:Mari-bug🌸
Well you have a very refined taste

Queenie👑:
Pollen agrees their pastries need improvement.

:🌸 Mari-bug
Not many can please the queens 😉

Also thank you for the pictures,🤗 I got inspired to make an outfit.

Queenie👑:

Of course we deserve only but the very best 👑

Oooh I knew you would like them,🥰 can't wait to see the finish product.

_______________________________________

Chloé was pulled out her conversation when a man approached her. He seemed a lot older than the eighteen year old, and all of the girl's alarms were going off. This guy was shady.

"Hey, sweet thing. Care if I keep you company?" The man said as he was invading her personal space.

Chloé only sent a glare his way, before bringing her attention back to her phone. Hopefully this creep would get a clue she Was not interested.

She saw him falter a bit from her glare, but was not taking the hint. He spoke again.

"Ooh, playing hard to get. I like that."

"Keep walking, you're ruining my good time."

"Come on babe, don't be like that. I'll show you a good time."

'Ugh, gross. Who even thinks that would actually work. Ridiculous utterly ridiculous.'

"Not interested, you are so not my type." With that she picked up her bags and began walking.

As she walked she noticed the man was following her. 'Creep doesn't know when to quit, I guess I'll teach him a lesson that no means no.' She felt Pollen nuzzling in her blazer, and patted where the little kwami rested, letting her know everything was fine.

She continued walking and noticed an alley up ahead, 'Perfect, I'll trick him into thinking he cornered me.' She quickened her steps (to add to her act) as she made her way to the alley. Just like she thought, the creep had also quickened his pace to try and catch up to her. When she made it to the alley she carefully place her bags on the floor and turned to see the man coming up to her.

She analyzed the creep, taking notice of his height and build. Looking for all his weak points, she noticed his hand was in one of his pockets of his jacket. 'Okay, so maybe won't be good in hand to hand combat. Might have a weapon hidden in that pocket.'

The man got closer as she readied herself for an attack. He took out a knife 'called it.' when he noticed she was close to the wall of the building. He lunged towards her.

"Little bitch, I'll show you to make a-..." Before she could even act, a punch was swung. Cutting off the man and knocking him unconscious.

"Are you okay, miss?" Surprised Chloé blinked and looked towards the person who threw the punch. Looking at a young man, about her age. Black fluffy hair, her sapphire blue eyes were met with kind sky blue eyes, through his black rimmed glasses. The young Bourgeois felt her heart skip a beat, and light flush dust her cheeks.

But she could not look helpless. She never trusted new people, and the experience from her time at Lycce did nothing to help her with her trust in new people. Even if they were very handsome.

"I'm fine, I had the situation under control." Straightening her posture (but not dropping her guard), she answered a little colder than she wanted to, Mari would not approve of her behavior towards the person who helped her out.

"..oh,well I... I was just passing by and noticed the man was following you. And thought he had cornered you." The young man clumsily answered, a friendly smile still on his face. The blonde's harsh response didn't seem to phase the boys friendly demeanor.

"It was a trap I absolutely knew this fool would fall for. Have him think he had me cornered, defenseless. And then I would attack." She flipped her hair as she explained her thought out plan.

The boy's smile dropped for a second, mouth slight jawed dropped. He blinked and his smiled quickly came back. "I see, so you're not someone to underestimate."

"Excuse me!" She raised an eyebrow at the comment.

"Oh, no no no, I didn't mean to offend you. I just think it's amazing that you could be this beautiful girl and still be strong enough to defend yourself. Not! That I mean you can't be beautiful and not know how to fight, I mean there are strong superheroes who are woman and they are both strong and pretty. I'm sorry, I should just stop talking now." His face was flushed as he rubbed the back his neck awkwardly.

Chloé blushed at the boys comment, 'He called me beautiful.' She tried to calm her racing heart, " *ahem, yes... w-well, I.... Thank you for helping me." She said quietly not meeting his eyes.

"Y-yeah, it was my pleasure." He replied bashfully.

"Yes, well I should be going now." Chloé picked up her bags and started walking.

"Hey, wait!" She stopped and glanced at boy. "At least let me walk you to where you need to go. I know you said you can take care of yourself, but Gotham is a dangerous place to walk through alone. Even during daytime."

Chloé thought for a moment as she analyzed the young man, nothing in his friendly smile showed he had bad intentions. 'He kind of reminds of Adrikins and Mari-bug if they were to be merged into one person.' Okay, sure she could easily take on anyone who dared tried and mug her. But all she wanted was to get back to her (temporary) home as soon as possible. She didn't want to deal with another creep.

"...if you wouldn't mind." She spoke softly.

"Great, yeah. I would be happy to." The boy smiled brightly. "I'm Jonathan Kent by the way. But everyone calls me Jon." He stretched out his hand towards the blonde.

She politely returned the greeting. "Chloé Bourgeois."

"Nice to meet you, Chloé." Jon(As she now found his name to be) said kindly as he smiled towards her.

That smile made her heart flip. Trying to hide her blushing cheeks she glanced away, before looking back to the kind boy. "It's nice to meet you too,... Jon." She gave a subtle smile of her own.

~○•~°●~○•~°●~○•~°●~•○~°●~•○~°●~•○~

Jon's side

3rd POV

Jon had decided to fly visit Gotham city, to see his best friend. It had been a while since the two friends last met. With the young Wayne spending more time in his family's company, and Jon following in his family's footsteps. The young Kent was taking an internship at The Daily Planet. He was is in the neighborhood, *cough cough flew from Metropolis he thought he would see if Damian was free to hang out for lunch.

_______________________________________

Super Idiot:
Hey Dames
guess where I am?! 😁

:Grouchy Bestie😠
I don't have time for your games Kent.

Super Idiot:
Rude, and here I was missing my best friend 😟

:Grouchy Bestie😠

...

What do you want?

Super Idiot:

Aww see I knew you cared 😁

I was in the neighborhood, wanted to see if my best bud was free for lunch.

:Grouchy Bestie😠
Yes, because last time I checked Metropolis was in Gotham.

Super Idiot:

😅

Nobody saw me

:Grouchy Bestie😠
.....

I'm in a meeting now, should be over soon.

Super Idiot:
Yay! 😄
The vegan bistro by W.E ?

:Grouchy Bestie😠
Acceptable

Super Idiot:

Okay! 😁 see you soon!

_______________________________________

After his text conversation with the young Wayne heir, Jon started walking to Wayne Enterprise. He stopped when his super hearing caught a conversation.

"Ooh, playing hard to get. I like that."

"Keep walking, you're ruining my good time."

He found the source of the conversation. A pretty blonde was sitting at a table at a cafe patio across the street. He also noticed a creepy guy getting a little too close for comfort to the young woman.

"Come on babe, don't be like that. I'll show you a good time."

'Seriously? Who even thinks that would actually work. She clearly seems like she's not interested. And she looks waaaaay too young for that creep.' The young Kent thought to himself, his brows furrowing as he saw the scene unfold. He was getting ready to make his way to the cafe when he heard the girl speak again.

"Not interested, you are so not my type."

With that the pretty blonde picked up her bags and began walking.

'Wow, she's got guts.' He smiled at the way the girl spoke with a confidence.
The creep was taken a back, but quickly recovered. A scowl now on his face he muttered 'Bitch' and then proceeded to follow the girl. Jon followed them from the opposite side of the street.

The pretty blonde quickened her steps as she made her way to the alley.

'I guess she noticed the creep following, but why would she go into an alley? Maybe she's scared and doesn't want the creep to follow her home? But maybe now she's is panicking on what to do.'

The creep had also quickened his pace to try and catch up to the girl. When she made it to the alley she place her bags down, when she noticed the wall in the alley. She then turned to creep.The man was getting closer to the girl, she might've been in shock because she just stood there. The man took out a knife, when he noticed she was close to the wall of the building. He lunged towards her.

"Little bitch, I'll show you to make a-..." Before the guy could get any closer to the girl Jon threw a punch knocking him unconscious.

"Are you okay, miss?" Jon asked the girl worriedly. The girl finally noticed the young man's presence, she turned to look at him. His sky blue eyes met her sapphire blue eyes, through his black rimmed glasses.

'She's even more pretty up close.' He thought to himself, his heart picking up speed.

~Time Skip~ (because the author is Lazy)

After Jon made sure Chloé(as he found her name to be) was safe back at home he hurried to meet up with Damian. He walked into the bistro, told the hostess who he was looking for and finally sat at a table with his best friend.

"You're late." Damian said not looking up from his phone.

"Yeah, sorry. I had to help a girl from a creep. Well it turned out she didn't really need help, but then I offered to walk her back to her place." Jon quickly explained to the young Wayne for his tardiness.

All Damian did was raise an eyebrow. The young Kent told his friend about the brave blonde girl and how she was planning to take down the creepy old guy. As their food arrived.

"She's got guts, I'll give her that. But who knows what the outcome would've been if you hadn't showed up."

"I don't know, I was listening to her heartbeat when she talked. She didn't seem like she was lying."

"Well as long as the victim didn't get hurt is fine. Father was telling me your mother and you are attending the Gala, at the end of the month."

"Yeah! My mom told me earlier today. I'll be helping cover the story as an intern." Jon excitedly replied, as his mind kept thinking about Chloé. 'I wonder if I'll see her again.'

~○•~°●~○•~°●~○•~°●~•○~°●~•○~°●~•○~

Notes:

Would Jon follow in his mother and father's footsteps and pursue a career as a journalist?🤔

Also I decided to have him wear glasses like his dad what are your thoughts?

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter
-🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 262 21
Y/n recently moved to paris and she also joined Françoise Dupont High School. She was afraid that she won't be able to make friends.... But the desti...
333K 8K 43
"When you have love and happiness together in your life you will be the most prefect person." After defeating Hawkmoth , Paris wasn't the same for Ma...
89.4K 2.7K 24
When Adrien turns 18 he finally finds out who Ladybug is and he can't wait to date her. Mari finally has the courage to tell Adrien how she feels. Th...
24.3K 1.3K 17
~Updates every Sunday~ I was a biotechnological medical engineer in my last life. I died just getting a gift for my niece, who is obsessed with Mirac...