THE EMERALD HERO (rwby x link...

By illylaslo

After the disappearance of his Parents Y/N was told that if he wants to figure out where they are he has to g... More

in the bullhead
The Test Part 1
The Test Part 2
The Test Part 3
Talking With The Big Man
Ten Years Ago
A Little Place Called Home
Professor Port? More Like Zzzzzz
Taking The Hat Off
Ten Years Ago. Again?
Challenged
The (forever) Fall Of Cardin & The Rising Of the Hero Jaune
Teaser
A Schnee's Pride
Imp Of The Sheikah
Imp Character Sheet
We Did It!!
Extra Chapter : Date????
Dreams Or Nightmares??
Enemies arriving
Painting The Town Green
A Little Poll
Red VS Green
Pushing The Soul
I Didn't Have A Name Shut Up
20k Views Special - author character Sheet
Dance Dance Revolution
Power Without Skill Is Dangerous
Y/N Redesign
I totally have a name for this chapter
Finding An Ally In The Strangest Of Places
This Chapter Is Literally Pointless
The Prince Of Hyrule
Announcement
Happy Holidays
Bad Day
Secrets Secrets And Some More Secrets
Good News

Getting Into Trouble

829 9 32
By illylaslo

Opens with a view of the golden sun in an orange sky over the tall grass and autumn trees. In front of Summer's Gravestone is a young girl with a cloak billowing petals in the breeze. Hands clasped and hood up, Ruby Rose stands over the white stone memorial, in the shadows of the forest a lone person stood, hidden to all but the most experienced

Ruby (lowering her hood, smiling sadly downward) "Hey, mom. (looks down at the inscription: "Summer Rose – Thus Kindly I Scatter") Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. (shrugs) He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. (looks forlornly) I miss you too. (pause) Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow. (A bark alerts her to the ever-adorable Zwei and the sight of her father, Taiyang Xiao Long, in the trees behind her) Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck! (She puts the hood back on and starts to walk away, but turns and delivers one final message to her mother:) It was good to talk"

With that said, Ruby jogs back to her family as a group of crows flies into the sun to make a very familiar sight, as they disappeared Y/N existed the shadows, in his hands, he held a ring of flowers

Y/N "hey Sam, I can't believe it been eleven years already, I'm sorry I didn't come the last ten, it's just... Never mind, I'm keeping an eye on her, just like you asked me to, she has your eyes(and your eating habits)"

Y/N laid the flowers on her grave and started to turn around when he thought he saw a flicker of bluish-green flame, but when he looked again he saw nothing of the sort

Y/N" I need to get some more sleep"

------------------------------------------------------------

A pink-haired girl with a beanie walks by a hut with several posters, inside one man holds a cup. At another one of the unassuming huts set up in the fairgrounds stringed with paper lanterns with a sign overhead saying A Simple Wok, Team RWBY sits at the stools outside, ready to order.

Yang (speaking to someone off-screen) "I'll have a bowl of the regular, please"(a large bowl of noodles slides in front of her)

Ruby (staring at Yang's meal) "Oohhh... I'll take the same" (a large bowl of noodles slides in front of her, as she clasps her hands in excitement)

Weiss (looking concerned) "Do you have anything with a low-salt ...? (a large bowl of regular noodles instantly slides in front of her instead) Um... okay..."

Instead of saying anything, Blake merely gives a nod and smile to the Shopkeeper, who returns the gesture as he rushes through one door of his shop and comes out the other to leave a large bowl of noodles topped with fish in front of her. Blake's eyes light up as she drools over her order. While Weiss looks strangely at her teammate, she gladly offers her Schnee Dust Company credit card to the Shopkeeper.

Yang "Aw, Weiss! What's the occasion!?"

Weiss" Consider it thanks for sending me to the doubles round. (her joy is ruined when the card is flung back at her, and the annoyed Shopkeeper points to his register as it beeps "DECLINED") What?! How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!"

Blake (looking around panicked, she attempts to slowly slide her bowl closer to herself before the Shopkeeper disappears with her food, causing the poor girl to slump over in defeat)" Nooo!!"

Y/N" Maybe I could help?"

The girls of RWBY look up to see Team JNPR and Y/N approach the stand

Ruby (flings her arms wide in delight)" Y/N"

Yang" Aw, you don't have to... "

Blake" But he could!!!"

Y/N " Well, I think you all earned it after that battle"

Jaune "Mind if we join you?"

Later on, the bowls are empty, and each student is either content with their meal or holding their stomachs sickly.

Ren (to Pyrrha) "Are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?"

Pyrrha (as the Shopkeeper quickly gathers the bowls and vanishes) "Of course! It will give us energy!"

Nora simply gives a hearty belch.

Jaune(splaying himself over the counter, sickly saying:) "If I barf, I'm blaming you"

Nora" Ooh! (grinning evilly) Aim at the enemy!"

Y/N" Nora, that's disgusting. But if you feel the urge ... I'm not the guy to throw an advantage"

Jaune (giving a weak thumbs-up) "Got it"

Pyrrha (standing up from her stool) "Well, we should be off"

Ruby "So, you think you guys are ready?"

Nora (gestures to each of her teammates) "Of course! We've got a world-renowned fighter on our team, one's basically ninja, I can bench five of me, Jaune, we trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore, and uh... Jaune!"

Y/N  (to Jaune:) "Are you gonna take that?"

Jaune "She's not wrong."

Nora" I'm kidding, he knows I'm kidding. (begins talking quickly, the color slowly draining away as she gets more worried) Don't be so nervous! The worst that can happen is we lose, that is just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, we won't be able to show our faces in class, no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team Lose-iper" (her mad laughter turns into sobs as she slams her head on the counter)

Ren "(unperturbed) So, yeah, we're feeling pretty good"

Pyrrha" Don't fret. If anything, we should be looking forward to a fight with actual guidelines, and not, well, ...murderers"

Ruby "or evil shadow clones"

On the side, Y/N tried to sneak away but Yang grab him and put him in a headlock

Yang "don't think we forgot about that 'little prince' but Yeah, don't sweat it, we've all faced way worse before"

Blake (counts off the threats on her fingers) "Let's see. Grimm invasions, violent extremists, a destructive sociopath..."

Ruby "And that's all while we're still in training! Oh, imagine what it would be like to graduate!"

Y/N (still in a headlock) "yey graduating..."

Weiss (sarcastically mumbling to herself:) "Maybe then I'll be able to pay for a meal"

Port (crackling in over the intercom system:) "Would Team JNPR please report to the battlegrounds immediately!"

Oobleck (adding into Port's order:)" Yes! Like they were scheduled to, several minutes ago!"

Pyrrha "Well, it looks like this is it"

Ruby (to Team JNPR as they walk away, Nora still depressed and Jaune looking queasy) "Go get 'em"

------------------------------------------------------------

Later after team SSSN fight at a bar in vale

Bartender (whistling at the screen, back in his establishment with its one customer) "Now that was a match!"

Qrow (a slight slur in his words) "Heh, that was a mess!"

??? "and a big one"

Said a man who just entered the bar

Qrow turned around and saw Imp sending behind him

Qrow "care for a drink?"

Imp "yes! But I think you would rather go now"

Qrow "and why is that?"

Imp pointed behind him

Bartender "Come on man, you didn't like them, the Vale kids, or any of the rounds before that? What fight are you here for?"

Qrow (sees an aircraft with elegant ribbons flying from its wings behind him) "That one. (finishes his drink as the world sways with the happily inebriated Huntsman until he slams the glass down on the counter and tosses a few Lien alongside it) Happy Vytal Festival!"

Bartender (watches as his sole patron staggers away and puts down the glass he just finished cleaning, only to knock it down and shatter it when he reaches for another one)" Aw, gee darn it!"

Imp sat dawn

Imp" pour me a drink, things are about to get interesting "

------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby (leans back in her seat and sighs)" Aw, that was so close!"

Y/N" close? That was horrible"

Yang" Looks like the dorks made it to the next round!"

Blake (looks down in the arena where Sun and Neptune are dancing like fools before the fellow Faunus gives her a special double-gun gesture with a wink, eliciting a blush and a small smile from his target)" Emphasis on "dork"

Oobleck (over the sound system) "That concludes the matches for today. Please leave the Coliseum IN A CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION!"

Yang (after Team RWBY stops flinching from the unexpected volume change) "Come on, let's go congratulate 'em."

The four girls get up from their seats and start to head out just as the same ribbon-adorned craft passes over the Coliseum, causing Weiss to stop in her tracks and Ruby to bounce into her.

Ruby "Uh, what are you viewing?"

Weiss (looking up at the craft with a strange expression and strain in her voice) "She's here!"

Y/N glanced to where she was looking

Y/N 'oh great! She is here'

The Schnee heiress' face displays a mix of joy and anxiety

------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby (running to catch up with her partner) "Weiss! What is the big deal!? Who is it? Who is she!?"

Weiss (as she stops and smiles at the sight of...) "Winter"

The camera then cuts behind Ruby and Weiss watching Winter Schnee, escorted by crimson-colored Atlas Soldiers and Atlesian Knight-200's as she exits her airship.

Ruby " Wait... Your sister?"

Weiss (cups mouth) "Winter! (the two then run-up to the elder Schnee as she turns to see them) Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh... (suddenly curtsies) Your presence honors us"

Winter (looks around she approaches them) "Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different"

Ruby " I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder."

Weiss (punches Ruby in the shoulder, causing her to gasp in pain before turning back to her sibling) "So, what are you doing here?"

Winter" Classified"

Weiss "Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?"

Winter "Classified"

Weiss " Of course"(nods and smiles in understanding)

Ruby (looks pensively around in the silence) "Well... this is nice... I think."

Weiss (excitedly) "You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! (discreetly whispers) Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-"

Winter " I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came."

Weiss" Right! I'm sorry!"

Winter" Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter."

Weiss (puzzled)" But, we won!"

Winter" Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed. (The camera then cuts to a side view of the group as she turns to her security) Leave us. (The AK-200s obey, walking two steps backward into formation as she sighs and smiles a little more warmly at Weiss) How have you been?"

Weiss" Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-"

The camera cuts to Winter's hand as she tried to slap Weiss but instead hit Y/N who appeared out of nowhere, leaving a massive bump on his head

Y/N" now now ICE QUEEN I don't think that's how you say hey to an old friend unless of course, you aimed at your sister, in which I still don't think it's the proper way to behave "

Winter" Y/N "

Y/N (bowing low)" in the flash "

Y/N reached a hand forward as if to shake Winter hand, one eyebrow raised

Winter slowly reached to take his hand and was promptly electrocuted

Y/N turned his hand to reveal a small metal disk in his hand and with an evil grin said

Y/N" I sure hope you missed me"

Winter mimicked his grin as she showed the palm of her hand as well, Weiss and Ruby saw a small glyph appear, she gently blows it toward Y/N

As the glyph fall between his legs Y/N raised his brow in confusion, a second later he was encased in a cage of ice

Winter "now, how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?"

Weiss " Well, there's Ruby."

Winter "I see. So this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming"

Ruby "Uh... Thank you!"

Winter "Greetings, Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister"

Ruby " Oh! Uh, yes, of course! (attempts to salute and curtsy) The honor is in my... court! (nearly losing her balance with this gesture, waving her arms until she can get back up)"

Weiss "there's also Y/N..."

Winter "yes... You wrote about him too, though I didn't imagine it was the same Y/N I know, anyway I have business with the General and your Headmaster. But, seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?"

Weiss "Really?"

Winter" (as she and Weiss begin walking towards the Academy, followed by the androids) Yes. I wish to inspect them and make sure that they are up to my personal standards"

Weiss "Of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable"

Winter "Bunk beds?"

Ruby (waving goodbye behind them) "I'll catch up- I mean, I will... reconvene with you both... at a later... (she pauses with her hand on her head, wracking her brain for the right word) juncture! (she raises her finger, before stepping out of sight to the left) At a juncture. Yeah"

------------------------------------------------------------

The camera cuts to Weiss, Winter, and the androids walking towards the courtyard, before shifting to first-person view, where a certain someone dizzily sneaks up behind the AK-200s and promptly decapitates one, before kicking its head towards the group.

Y/N "Hey! (group turns around to see Y/N  dripping water) Yeah, I'm talking to you, Ice Queen! (tosses the decapitated machine aside)"

Winter (as one of her automated soldiers advances, rifle raised)" Halt!"

Winter "You realize you just destroyed Atlas Military property"

Y/N "actually it's my property, look in my contract"

Winter (walks over to face Y/N ) "I don't have time for your immature games, Y/N"

Y/N "Geez, you Atlas Specialists think you're so special, don't you?"

Winter "It's in the title"

Y/N "Well, you know what you really are? A bunch of sellouts. Just like your boss"

Winter "I'm not sure what you think you're implying, but I've heard enough"

Y/N  "Oh I heard, too. I heard Ironwood finally turned his back on Ozpin, just like he turned his back on me"

Weiss "Ozpin?"

Winter" (shoves Weiss aside) Weiss, it's time for you to go"

Weiss: What-

Y/N "Listen to big sister, Weiss. She'll protect you. Just like Atlas is going to protect all of us, huh?"

Winter "If you won't hold your tongue, then I will gladly remove it for you!" (draws her sword)

Y/N (drawing his sword) "Alright then... Come take it."

The square clears before Winter charges at Y/N, starting a fight (the fight goes the same just with Y/N using the master sword and bow, don't bo me I'm playing a big detailed fight in the future) During the fight, the camera cuts to the two spinning and trading blows as Ruby enters the crowd next to her teammate.

Ruby "What's going on?!"

Weiss "I don't know, Y/N just started attacking my sister!"

??? (with a slur in his voice) " actually ice queen attacked first"

They both turned around to see a man he had graying black, spiky hair, brilliant vermilion eyes, and slight stubble along his jawline. Along with a red, tattered cloak, he wears a gray dress shirt with a long tail, black dress pants, and black dress shoes

Weiss "gross"

Ruby "Uncle Qrow!!! (as she hangs on Qrow's outstretched arm) Hi. It's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me!?"

Qrow "Nope"(they share a grin as he pats his niece's head)

The fight comes to a close, with Winter propelling herself forward, screaming in rage and preparing a thrust towards Y/N, just before a commanding voice is loudly heard in the courtyard, stopping her blade's point mere inches away from Y/N neck.

Ironwood" SCHNEE!"

Winter looks behind her to see General Ironwood standing behind her, with Penny Polendina behind him.

Winter (lowers her blades as she addresses Ironwood)" General Ironwood, sir!"

Ironwood (approaches Winter with Penny by his side)" What in the world do you think you're doing?"

Winter " He started the altercation, sir!"

Qrow walks forward and stops between Y/N and Ironwood with his hands behind his head in a relaxed stance

Qrow "That's actually not true. She attacked first"

Ironwood " Is that right? (Winter searches for words, only to realize Qrow is right. She looks down in shame) And you. (Qrow points to himself in mock confusion) What are you doing here?"

Qrow" I could be asking you the same thing."

Ironwood" I-"

Ozpin" Now, now, everyone. (intervening beside Glynda Goodwitch) There is a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the Coliseum, that I can assure you has better seats... and popcorn. (swirls his cocoa)"

Goodwitch" Break it up, everyone! We will take care of this mess. (glares at the four)"

Ironwood" Let's go."

As Ironwood and Winter leave, Penny notices Ruby and quietly waves to her, while Ruby waves back

Ozpin" Qrow! (the Huntsman turns to look at the Headmaster as Ruby gets dropped) A word, please, you too Y/N (Goodwitch then repairs the courtyard using her telekinesis)"

Y/N" I think I'm in trouble."

Ruby" You did kinda tear up the courtyard."

Y/N" Yeah, I did"

Qrow (winks and gives Ruby a fist bump) "Catch ya later, kid. (he walks off to join the others)"

Weiss (walking up beside Ruby, arms crossed) "And suddenly, your recklessness makes sense."

Ruby  (nudges Weiss' shoulder) "You're just mad because Y/N whooped your sister butt."

Weiss" That was a draw, at best!"

Ruby's grin says otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ozpin Glynda Qrow Ironwood Winter and Y/N was all in Ozpin's, as Ozpin slowly walked to his desk Y/N realized that maybe he messed up, maybe he crossed a line this time

Ozpin "now explain yourself"

Winter "Y/N was destroying atlas property"

Y/N placed his scroll on the table and a holographic display popped up showing a document

Y/N "as was previously stated according to my contract page 35 section 5 subsection 8 'any and all future Inventions are the property of the signed below, and it's is his rights to do as he sees fit with them"

Winter looked at Ironwood not believing what she hard

Winter "you signed this contract?"

Ironwood "I had no choice in the time, we needed his Inventions"

Qrow "that's Hilarious"

Y/N "anyway... What should I destroy next? Ohhhh maybe your prized ship?"

Ironwood "why you little"

Ozpin "that's enough!! Why don't we settle it like adults?"

Ironwood "what are you thinking about?"

Qrow "how about a dual?"

Winter "we don't have time for your jokes Qrow"

Ozpin "actually that was exactly what I thought, Y/N against atlas  representative, if Y/N wins then he gets to do as he pleased, and you drop all charges against him"

Ironwood "and if we win?"

Y/N "I will tell you anything you want to know about me"

Ironwood "deal"

Y/N "so how will be your representative?"

Ironwood "Specialists Schnee-"

Winter "it will be an honored general"

Ironwood "-call clover, I want him here As soon as possible"

Winter "ohhhh, I'm afraid it's not possible sir, the Ace Operatives are still in the mission"

Ironwood "well then, I guess that you will need to do it"

Winter "yes sir"

Y/N "so where are we going to duel?"

Ozpin "oh I think we have the perfect place"

He turned around to look out of his window at the Amity Coliseum floating in the air

Y/N smiled

"now that's gonna be fun"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again, I'm not dead, surprise

I don't know what to tell you

Anyway....

I'm planning to continue this story but I'm also started a new one, another RWBY fanfiction, I'm trying a new way of writing and this one is going to be darker, still a bit of comedy but considerably darker

Here is an expert from the first chapter, enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His birth was in the flames, his birth was in the screams of the villagers being slaughtered, his birth was beneath a red broken moon which hung in the sky, red as the blood that was running in the streets, but mostly his birth was the result of the fact that his dad was going to leave him.

His dad carried him in his hands while he was running through the streets, his aunt right behind him her white cape billowing in the wind.

"Daddy, but I don't want to go!"

His dad looked terrible, his face was covered with ash and blood, he couldn't see his aunt's face under her hood, but he knew that she wasn't any better.

"We must escape, son, we can't stay here, the Grimm are just too strong."

"It's not only the Grimm, but her minions are here too, we must hurry. "

"Aunt Summer! What is going to happen to us?"

"Don't worry Arian, I know a good man, a friend, he would help us. "

"haaaa"

Arian felt something hitting his dad on his leg and the next thing he knew he was on the ground

"Argyros!!!"

A crossbow bolt was stuck in his thigh

"it's OK, I'm OK"

The three of them heard a crazy laughing from the flames

Argyros slowly raised himself from the ground

A figure stepped out of the flames it was a pale man with gold eyes and a brown ponytail braided to resemble a scorpion's tail. He wore a white sleeveless jacket with leather belts strapped to it, along with white pants. His jacket was left open, exposing his bare chest, which was crisscrossed with prominent scars. His arms were covered with purple bandages and leather vambraces.

"Tyrian Callows" Summer voice dripped venom

"Argyros and Sumner Rose, and what is that? A little child? He looked so cute, can I pat him? I will be gentle I promise! hahahahah"

Argyros grabbed his son's shoulder

"Don't you dare get close to him you bastard!"

he reached to his back and removed a sword, It was a beautiful silver sword with the handguard and hilt shaped like a dragon

Summer moved to stand in front of both of them.

"Go on Argyros, I will hold him back as much as I can!"

"You are crazy, Summer, you barely have any aura left!"

"And you have none, go I'm not asking"

The ground shook and split as a giant rose bush wall grow between them.

"Tell Qrow Yang and Ruby in sorry. "

"Nooooo!!"

But by the time he reached the wall was too high for him to jump or climb on.

They stood in silence for a second before his dad turned around, picked up Arian, and began running.

They ran until they couldn't hear the screams or smell the smoke, they ran until his dad collapsed.

"Run away, go to beacon it's a school in vale, find Ozpin, he is your aunt friend, tell him what happened here" he reached back and he removed his sword "take this! I'm sorry I hadn't had time to teach you how to use it, try to protect yourself"

Arian took the sword with trembling hands, tears streamed down his face

"Don't leave me dad"

"your eyes, people will stop at nothing to get you for them, do anything you can to hide them, im sorry, we didn't have time to train you to use your eyes, I'm so-

The light faded from his dad silver eyes

It was there that the event of the night finally dawned on him, He remembered the blood and the screams, deep in his mind something cracked

That night was his beginning, that night he got a new name, Rory

From then he continued to walk, he walked until he couldn't recognize the surrounding, he walked until his feet hurt, but he continued to walked, he walked the whole night and the day after that, he walked until he collapsed, and as everything around him faded to nothingness he heard people approaching him

"Look at that boss, I'm sure we could sell him for a few Lien"

"And that sword looks good too"

"Grab the kid and the sword, if w don't hurry we will be late, you know that Jacques doesn't like it when We are late

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 133 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
5.8K 245 13
Always living on the streets and willing to do anything to survive, Y/N roamed the streets of Mistral, robbing from the rich in order to provide a wa...
1.2K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
79.3K 1.6K 57
Clyde has just barely recovered from the loss of his friends when he is moved to Beacon, the prestigious school that trains huntsman/tresses. But why...