▪The King's Rose▪

By crazywe919

Claudia Rose Williams, a 22 year old Kindergarten teacher with a life as sweet as simple and no regrets aroun... More

Introducing The Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 26

287 12 0
By crazywe919

Kenneth's POV

Two days.

It's been freaking two days but still nothing. Nothing from her side. No call, no messages, not even a good morning message.

And what wrong did I asked her? Huh?

I just asked if she is fine or not. But what did I got in response?

A blank expression from her.

Great. Just Great!

'If it matters to you this much, then go ahead and text her'

NO!

She was the one to hurt me. I just asked her as a friend. I was genuinely worried about her. And also she looked a bit pale after coming out of the cab.

Urgh!

I should have just thrown my ego away and asked her again.

"Sir, so what do you think of this strategy?"

"Sir!"

"Sir, he is asking you something?" A nudge from my left side got me out of my thoughts.

I looked at my P.A. raising my eyebrow at her. She forced a smile at me motioning me to look forward by her eyes.

I glanced around to see each and every pair of eyes staring at me.

I folded my arms against my chest without breaking the eye contact with them. I cleared my throat before speaking. "What do you... all think?", I asked scanning the whole conference room.

It is necessary for them to pay attention more than me. They are the one who should look for the benefits of the company. That's what they are getting paid for.

'Oh! Excuses, excuses and excuses.'

They all glanced at each other and looked hesitant before replying.

"Speak up!" They all jumped on their seats as my voice bloomed in the room.

"I-I think it's q-quite be-beneficial for our company. Al-"

I rubbed my forehead in annoyance.

"Meeting dismissed. I want your suggestions until next meeting. Wind up!"

In a blink of an eye, everyone got up and left the room. Now it was just me and my P.A.

Closing my eyes, I leaned my back on the chair.

"Are you okay, Sir?" I ignored her.

"Sir! It's been two days. You are living here in this office. It's really not good for your health. Try to understand. Drowning yourself in work is not the solution to your problems. Just don't stress yourself too much, Sir."

I glared at her to shut up.

"If you want a leave, all you need to do is ask. I won't mind handling everything by myself. Just go", I stated.

She sighed.

"That's not what I meant, Sir. I am your personal assistant and it's my job to manage your work. So no, I am not going home. Work as much as you want, I won't mind", she smirked mocking me.

I can't believe she has the audacity to mock me.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You speak too much", I said rolling my eyes.

"Tell me something new", she chuckled.

Can't blame her though. She works as good as Alex.

"I will bring you a cup of coffee. I think then you will feel a bit fine", she told before getting up from her seat. She placed all her things on the table before leaving the room.

"Hmm...", Was all I said before closing my eyes.

Not even a minute had passed of me enjoying my peace until the door busted open.

I opened my eyes to look at the culprit. Or should I say, culprits?

"What are you all doing here?", I mumbled again going back to my comfortable position.

"Oh! We? I don't know, you tell us?" Cullan rolled his eyes making himself comfortable on the chair.

"You continuously worked your ass up for two freaking days. And now you are asking what are we doing here? We should be the one asking you?", Grey exclaimed from his seat.

"You know your mom had called me a million times to ask whether you are alive or dead", Cullan said shaking his head as if he is only one who is fed up by my mom. He scanned my whole body head to toe before scratching his chin, "Now that I have seen you, I think...you look half-dead".

I faked smiled at him, "Thanks".

"I will call and inform her later", I told him. I glanced at them who were now scattered in my conference room like those curious kids, touching important stuff.

Finn was seated on the opposite side of me. Busy typing away on his phone.

Ryder? Well, he was going through some business magazines kept on the table.

Smartypants!

Grey was playing with the paperweight. Typical.

Cullan was enjoying himself on that rotating chair.

"Okay, now that you all have seen me. You can get lost", I stated firmly.

"Hawww! That's so rude of you. We all came here to meet our dear friend and this is how you will treat us. Unbelievable!", Cullan said clutching his left side of his chest. Wiping the non-existing tears he glanced up at me with betrayal in his eyes.

Such a drama queen!

"Enough! Get l-", my words were cut off by someone entering the room.

"Sir, your-", everyone's attention was now on my P.A. as she entered in. Even she was taken back by their sudden arrival. Her eyes roamed at each and every person in the room but stopped at a certain person. I followed her sight only to be stopped on Ryder.

He did a double-take at her. A frown appeared on his forehead as he glanced down at the mug in her hands. She looked down and gasped hitting her head. "- coffee... Your coffee", she muttered peeking at me through her eyelashes.

Now she remembers my coffee!

"It's okay keep it here", I said tapping my index finger on the table.

She was well aware of the stares Ryder was throwing at her. She made her way towards me and placed the mug on the table as she reached my side.

"Kenn, what is this? Why are making her do these things", Ryder inquired.

I kept my eyes on my P.A. silently telling her to explain him by herself. She hid her face by her hair. Her smile had no bound. She blushed when I caught her smiling.

Look at her! Just a few minutes ago she was all bossy on me. And now like those teenager girls, who get giddy by a mere glance of their love interest.

I smirked.

Till now everyone's eyes were on three of us. Aarohi, Ryder and me. All those curious eyes bored into us.

"Ahh! No! You must have misunderstood. It was my idea for coffee. I suggested him to have a cup of coffee so that he could feel a bit fresh", she mumbled looking everywhere but Ryder.

"Happy?", I teased him.

"Satisfied", he muttered under his breath but we all heard it crystal clear except Aarohi.

Finn, Cullan and Grey stared at him weirdly until a smirk made its way on their face.

"I wi-will be in my cabin. If you need anything just inform me", Aarohi announced and quickly exited the room.

I enjoyed my coffee ignoring the unnecessary people present in the room.

"That was... Well", Cullan shrugged not knowing what to say.

"By the way, what's with you and your grumpy moods. Huh?", Cullan asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh wait! I guess I know", Finn butted in.

Looking at my confused face he smirked. That evil smirk which Cinderella's stepmom gives her.

'Claudia', he mouthed waving his phone towards me.

That woman!

She has the whole time in the world to chat with him except me.

I averted my eyes in irritation from him and glanced down at my coffee. Suddenly the half finish liquid felt more intriguing.

Grey came and sat beside me. Tapping my shoulder to get the attention he whispered, "What happened?"

Gliding my finger on the brim of the mug I thought whether to tell them or not.

"That...um...she isn't.. erm...".

"Can you please talk in a language which I can be able to understand?", He pleaded.

"Somethinghappenedandwebotharen'ttalkingwitheachother", I let out shutting my eyes close.

A Normal person won't be able to understand what I said. But these idiots had done P.H.D. in these things.

"Ohhhhh!", startled I looked up. And was met by two pair of eyes staring at me.

"Guyss! You see our friend right here, is missing someone. Badly. Don't you think we should help him? Huh?", Cullan announced pointing at me.

They all agreed with him and smiled as if passing a secret message through their eyes.

God! Help me!

**************
Enjoy your chapter!🌻

Hope you like it!❤

Don't forget to Comment, Vote and Share!🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 286 39
His cold hard personality is someone you don't want to cross to. He is the leader of most fearful gang called "DARK DEVIL'S" at the age of 24. he's p...
434 2 6
Death has been following me since the day I was born. You are losing loved ones. You're losing friends. It's scary when you start to lose yourself. L...
1.5K 106 21
Aurora, 17 years old, she is stunningly beautiful, and pure, she's hot tempered and strong willed. Guys lined up for her attention, girls envied her...
76.9K 2.5K 43
Liela moved in with her aunt Mrs Fidelia, and wanted to get the approval of her aunt's son 'Gabriel'. Unknowing to her, Gabriel had started developin...