BROKEN (book #1)

By Bellamy_Blue

After being born in to an unfair world Olivia tries her best to get by with what she has. But after she learn... More

Characters
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Book #2
Ending

09

701 23 4
By Bellamy_Blue

OLIVIA

I froze, I just stood there staring at the gun. Why the hell did my brother have a gun? I physically couldn't move, I didn't know what to do.

"Oh my god," Reagan said.

I slowly reached my hand into the safe and grabbed the gun, examining it in my hands. I was holding a fucking gun.

"Don't touch it! Now it has your fingerprints on it!!" Reagan exclaimed.

"Fuck" I quickly dropped the gun on the ground. Reagan grabbed a shirt out of Jacob's closet and wrapped the shirt around her hand grabbing the gun. She picked it up and started examining it.

"Don't point it at me! It could be loaded!" I shouted pushing the gun down.

"Okay, we should put it back and leave the room. What if Jacob comes home and finds us. We don't know what's going on, he could kill us to make sure we don't tell anyone what we know" she told me.

"Reagan he's still my brother, he would never hurt me" would he? "Besides we don't know anything" I spoke.

Reagan put the gun back into the safe and closed it. I grabbed the picture frame and put it back on the wall. We went back to my room.

"Okay, what should we do?" I asked her. After we entered my room I closed the door and locked it.

"I'm not sure just be careful. I have to go but we will figure out more next time"

Now I was left alone with my thoughts. What was Jacob hiding? Or was I just overthinking this, lots of people have guns right?

I needed to get my mind off of all this, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the laptop. I looked up jobs available near me, I still needed a job.

There were a lot of jobs available at fast food places and shopping centres. I think if I worked at a mall, I would probably buy everything.

"You're not getting a job" I jumped at the sound of Jacob's voice, I didn't hear him come in.

"Oh my god you scared the crap out of me, I didn't know you were back" I had to act as normal as possible "And I'll get a job if I wanna get a job"

Jacob rolled his eyes and walked over to the cupboards. "Hot chocolate?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Why do you want a job so much? You never worried about all that stuff before. What changed all of a sudden?" He asked. Jacob passed me a cup of hot chocolate and took a seat across from me.

"I want to help out, I'm fifteen and lots of people my age have jobs. I know money's tight since mom and dad left and I just wanna help" I told him.

"You don't have to worry about that I'm taking care of it and even when mom and dad we're around they didn't help pay the bills"

"Oh, I didn't know that" I mumbled.

"I know and I don't expect you to know that because your just a kid," he told me. I'm not just a kid for his information, I'm way more mature than most people my age.

"Why did they leave?" I know it was a risky question but it never made sense to me. They were always crappy parents but one day they just straight up left. I'm not complaining I'm glad they left but it just didn't add up.

"They weren't meant to be parents liv, dad was barely ever in our lives and when he was he was either drunk or high. Mom was always with different guys and they were always assholes, having them out of our lives is for the best, trust me" Jacob explained. I nodded taking a sip of my drink.

My dad used to hit me sometimes when he would come home drunk in the middle of the night. He would come into my room telling me how much of an inconvenience I was and then hit me because I ruined his life, Jacob doesn't know about this. If Jacob knew, it would've been bad, to say the least.

"Are you okay?" Jacob interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm fine" I was just overwhelmed with everything with my parents and the whole thing with the gun. I wanted to ask him about it but then he would know I looked around his room and that would probably end badly for me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I promise" I reassured him. I went back to looking for a job on the laptop. Next thing I know Jacob closed the laptop.

"Your still not getting a job," he told me.  I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I am"

"No your not"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes!"

"Yes"

"Wait no!!" Jacob quickly yelled.

"Ha! I knew you were okay with it" I exclaimed.

"No shut up I didn't mean to say that," he said glaring at me. I just plastered an amused smile on my face.

"Anyways you need to be here to watch Abby most nights," Jacob said. Shit, I forgot about that rugrat.

"Can't she just stay home alone" I grunted.

"No Olivia, she's five. She would literally burn down the house" he had that look that said you're stupid.

"Fine. I have an excellent idea of what.." I was cut off by Jacob.

"Oh no. Your ideas are never good" he sighed dramatically.

"Shut up, don't you know interrupting is rude," I told him. "anyways as I was saying I'll just drop out of school and get a job"

Jacob laughed at me. I glared at him, I wasn't even joking.

"You're an asshole," I said.

"You wound me Olivia" He smirked.

"When are you going to get Abby?" I asked.

"She's staying overnight Lilly's mom is going to drop her to school tomorrow and I'll pick you guys up"

"Okay" I put my empty mug into the sink and walked into my room. I decided to text Aiden.

Olivia 🦋: Hey I need to find a job you got any ideas??

Aiden 😜: After school tomorrow I'm going to work, you can come if you want and help me out. Make some quick cash, you in?

Olivia 🦋: Ya sure. What's the job??

Aiden 😜: I'll explain tomorrow

Olivia 🦋: Okay gn

Aiden 😜: gn

I started thinking about what Aiden's job was, it's kinda weird that I can come with him. I'll just have to tell Jacob I'm going to hang out with Reagan.

I put my phone beside my bed and closed my eyes, it was still early but I was really tired and my bed was way comfier than the floor.

A/N: this chapter is a bit short. Please comment on your opinions on the chapter and anything you wanna see in upcoming chapters.

We are slowly getting more into the storyline.

Please vote and comment ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.7K 26
Make sure to read book one first! Freshmen year is not what Aurora had expected. She wanted the typical high school memories but with 5 over protect...
494K 11.2K 51
Fifteen year old Isabella Delgado is living her best life (kinda) - until she's pulled into a police station shipped off to America to live with the...
Caged By Megan

Mystery / Thriller

931K 36.1K 51
They will claim to be her salvation as they take her through hell. Left in the care of her brothers, Isabella starts to realize this as the truth be...
200K 7.4K 29
//Highest ranking: #1 in over protective// Lilith is a 14 years old girl. she is the opposite of her name. she is sweet, innocent and naive. she love...