Partners by Chance

By MigaspinCasterwill

After the defeating Miraculous Queen, Marinette Dupain-Cheng finds herself hopeless. Master Fu's memory was e... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Aftermath
Chapter 2 - Sharing feelings
Chapter 3 - Threats
Chapter 4 - The Justiceer
Chapter 5 - Do you ever plan your future?
Chapter 6 - Vain and False
Chapter 7 - The Two are now One
Chapter 8 - Silencer and Riposter
Chapter 9 - Tikki, spots off
Chapter 10 - The Master and the Apprentice
Chapter 11 - Little Kitty on the Roof
Chapter 12 - We're just friends
Chapter 13 - The ladybug and the moth
Chapter 14 - How did we get here?
Chapter 16 - Trapped, like a fox
Chapter 17 - Dinner at Agreste's? Sure
Chapter 18 - No more secrets, at last
Chapter 19 - The plan
Chapter 20 - Flashback
Chapter 21 - The Library
Chapter 22 - Do you like irony?
Chapter 23 - Wanna play 'Cat n Moth'?
Chapter 24 - The Aftermath (Again)
Chapter 25 - Chrysalis
Epilogue
Final Note
Announcement! Lovers by Choice is out!

Chapter 15 - Sunny Sunday Morning

112 4 0
By MigaspinCasterwill

Marinette

Earlier that same day...

Marinette's phone started playing the song "Don't worry be happy" at seven in the morning. It was not the normal wake up music, but she needed to hear a chill song in that morning. It was the day.

Here's a little song I wrote

You might want to sing it note for note

Don't worry

Be happy

Today, it was the party. She would get the costume at Agreste's at nine, and spend the rest of the day getting ready with Alya (she convinced Mister Agreste to invite Alya and Nino too), and she would be ready just in time for Luka to pick her up.

Oh yes, Luka. Luka was coming with Marinette to the party as her date. It ended that they relationship was trickier than what could be expected. But she hoped everything would be sorted out today.

Oh, Marinette, you better be careful with what you hope.

As she finished dressing to go get the costume, his phone ringed. It was Alya.

"Hey girl, what are you up to this time?" asked Marinette.

"Did you get the costume yet? I'm going to your place already." she said

"I'm leaving now. Why don't you come with me?" asked Marinette "That way we can get the costume together."

"Yeah girl! Meet you in Champ de Mars?" proposed Alya.

"I'll be there in no time." said Marinette, just before finishing the call.

She gave a look at her desk. The note book that Mister Agreste gave Marinette was still there, full of notes and tips from a master, as well as the pen that she kept as a relic of a Saint. After that, she went down, said goodbye to her parents, and started her walk to Champ de Mars.

Adrien

Kagami gave him a second shot, he wasn't going to waste it.

If you had to pick a word to describe Adrien, you should pick "excited". You don't get a second chance from a girl everyday. I'm not even sure if that is a real thing or if it belongs the realms of fanfictions.

The same routine of always, but everything seemed more alive. Could it be Adrien's head? Or is it the house being decorated to the dinner? The dinning hall have been rearranged so a place to dance could be made when the time comes. The main hall was cleaned and a red carpet was extended from the entrance to the dinning hall. The already marble white became even whiter, if that is even possible. If someone entered without knowing there was going to be a party that day, they could swear they entered in Olympus and not in a mansion.

Natalie was on the edge with things to organize and employees to command. The household staff was doubled temporarily so everything could be done as fast as possible. The entrance was cleaned and room was made for several cars and limousines to enter from the gate. Two men were hired to be at the doors at all time, verifying the invites of every person that entered. The entrance gate was controlled by a third man that Adrien didn't see but should be installed somewhere in Natalie's office. Five extra cooks were hired and one of the biggest orders ever was made to Dupain-Cheng's bakery.

The party was going to count with over ten fashion designers, not including Marinette and Gabriel Agreste himself, and twice that amount of models. Besides that, the Mayor of Paris, his wife and daughter, André, Audrey and Chloé Bourgeois, were coming, as well as Bob  Ruth and his son, XY, Jagged Stone, the reporter Nadja Chamack, Alec Cataldi, a few international celebrities... If you did the maths, over sixty people would come to the party, and Marinette was intended to be the star.

Earlier that morning, the costumes arrived. Adrien as Gabriel went to inspect them but, when Adrien tried to peak in the box that contained Marinette's, Gabriel closed it quickly, telling him to not ruin the surprise. He took his own costume and wen back to his room, from where he called Nino.

"Hey ma dude!" Nino said over the phone "Got the costume already?"

"Yup. And you? Did you get yours?" asked Adrien.

"Sure thing dude!" he exclaimed "It was so cool from your dad to invite me and Alya."

"Yeah, he's being cool lately." Adrien replied.

Of course Nino asked if Kagami was coming too, to what Adrien answered what he didn't want to hear. Kagami's costume was sent to her in the morning and Adrien didn't get to see it as well. He only saw his own costume and the clothes his father was going to use.

"So... are you planning to take her home or something?" asked Nino.

"Well, I guess. It would be kinda weird tho..." answered Adrien "Go from my place to hers just go come back?"

"Then don't go!" said Nino, still with the hope of a friend that was not as oblivious as his dude "You shouldn't do things that you're not comfortable with!"

"I'm pretty sure that is applied to a whole other area of relationships, Nino."

Adrien was at the window, watching the front gate waiting something, yet he wasn't sure what that something was. Could it be his father? Marinette? An akumatized villain? The guests? Nobody will ever know.

He said goodbye to Nino, giving some lame excuse and hanged up the phone. Time for a walk.

As he left his room and went down the stairs, the doors opened and Marinette and Alya entered the mansion.

"Oh look!" screamed Adrien "Is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the famous fashion designer! Could you sign me an autograph, Miss Dupain-Cheng? I'm a big fan of your work."

Marinette's face turned red in a second and Alya almost wasn't able to contain the laughs. After a proper greeting, Marinette explained Adrien what they were doing there, not that he needed, but talking with her... talking with her made him happy. If he could choose one thing in the entire world, he would choose to talk to her. 

"So... could I just peak to check yours?" asked Adrien, with a puppy face.

Marinette looked at him extremely hard, as if she was thinking. Maybe, exterminating him, to decide if he was worthy or not.

"Sure." she said.

"Thank you so-" he started.

"-at the party, just like everyone else." she said grinning.

Adrien pretended to be sad, but of course he didn't overacted enough, as Marinette actually though he was sad. 

Marinette

Adrien offered his room so she could try the dress in private. The three months ago Marinette would kill to get access to Adrien's room. The today's Marinette thanked him cordially and went upstairs with Alya to help her.

Adrien's room was always clean and organized, unlike hers. The big windows were cleaned for today, and now they looked more like crystal than with glass. His bed was tidy and Adrien's costume was in it. She put her costume in it too and started taking of her clothes.

After some struggle, Marinette had put her costume. It's fabric was so soft and warm, yet fresh and stylish that Marinette felt like she was dressed and naked at the same time.

Alya couldn't take her eyes of her friend. Girls don't have problems with saying to other girls that they are beautiful or even sexy, but Alya was ashamed of what she was thinking of Marinette. She wasn't nice, or pretty, or beautiful, or gorgeous, or even perfect. The only word that came to Alya's mind when Marinette asked her how she looked was "divine".

Marinette, not believing in her friend's judgment, went to the bathroom where Adrien had a full body mirror. She could not believe in what her eyes were looking.

"That can't be, look again!" her brain commanded.

"This is live feed, boss... We're looking..." her eyes answered.

And then, they heard a loud sound, like an explosion.

Both went to the big windows in Adrien's room, from where they saw the Eiffel's tower fall in Champ de Mars, where they were just a few minutes ago.

Marinette and Alya exchanged looks quickly.

"Tikki, spots on!" Marinette said, activating her Miraculous.

"Trixx, let's pounce!" Alya said, activating her Miraculous.

And Rena Rouge and Ladybug were off to save the day, once again.

Adrien

While Marinette was changing inside his room, Adrien was downstairs in the garden not having creepy toughs about the fact that a girl was getting naked in his room. Funny enough, he was better at it than one may think.

He called Nino again, and said that Marinette and Alya had arrived and that was why he had to hung up before. He was terrifyingly becoming good at lying.

"So, what do you think at Marinette's costume? I can't wait to see her using it!" said Nino.

"Wait a minute, you saw the costume!?" he asked.

"Well... yeah, of course." he answered "She was constantly showing me and Alya the drawings and send just a couple of minutes ago the photo of the real thing. Wait, she didn't show it to you???"

"Well... no, but if you have a picture, you could show it to me, right?" proposed Adrien, winking.

"In your dreams. If she didn't show it to you, that's becau-" but he was interrupted.

A loud sound like an explosion made Nino's next words incomphreensible.

Adrien stood up immediately, just in time to see the top of the Eiffel tower fall. Uh... not today...

"Nino, red alert. Come to the Eiffel tower now." he screamed.

"In a sec, dude." he said, hanging up.

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien said, activating his Miraculous.

And that's how you destroy a sunny Sunday morning...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 32 17
Pink particle effects devoured her suit, leaving a blood-stained blouse, pants, and an unmasked girl. She stood up with a struggle and faced hawk mot...
155K 3.6K 39
Marinette just wants to have her life normally, you know, being a superhero while being a good student. Hanging out with her friends, day dreaming he...
217 2 6
Marinette Dupain-Cheng has given up on her love for Adrien Agreste. Marinette doesn't know what to do, but luckily, Luka Couffaine is there to love a...
966 12 50
Continue Ladybug ... Master Fu is alive Up and down of two love birds. Experience this thing. Making mistakes is some thing that anyone can do by not...