CEO, I'm Not The Girl You Onc...

By badcooking

"You haven't been drunk like this since high school," Shi Xiao Xi mused, looking down at the slumped form of... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two

Sixteen

5K 208 40
By badcooking

As he was the tallest among the three of them, Lin Zhicheng held the umbrella.

The umbrella that Shi Xiao Xi brought was only medium-sized. It couldn't fully cover three people. As she was wearing a wrap coat, Shi Xiao Xi didn't feel too uncomfortable. But for Mr. Han, the left side of his body was completely soaked.

Since the two of them decided to meet up at a restaurant near Shi Xiao Xi's neighborhood, it didn't take long for them to arrive at Shi Xiao Xi's apartment.

Shi Xiao Xi took the umbrella from Lin Zhicheng and gave it a good shake while the two men took off their shoes and placed it on the newspaper she placed before her front door.

Shi Xiao Xi opened the door and took off her coat, hanging it on the rack.

"Wait here, I'll get the dry towels," she told them before going inside.

Lin Zhicheng and Mr. Han stood in the doorway, their combines frames making it a bit cramped. The welcome mat beneath their feet was walnut-brown in color and had a simple design of a cat's silhouette.

Shi Xiao Xi soon came back with a stack of dry white towels. Both men took two each, and when they were sufficiently dry, Shi Xiao Xi allowed the two to come in after giving them two pairs of home slippers.

One was dark blue in color while the other was pink. Lin Zhicheng glared at Mr. Han, who was about to take the dark blue slippers, and Mr. Han had to slide his feet into the pink slippers at the last second.

Shi Xiao Xi led them to the kitchen. There was a solar lamp which she had turned on, lighting up the room.

She already started to boil the kettle, using a portable gas stove she once used during camping trips. Lin Zhicheng took the chance to look around him.

Nearly all of the furniture inside the dining room was made of wood. There was a fruit basket on the center of the small table, along with an unopened loaf of bread. A potted plant was at the corner, which he recognized to be peace lilies.

The table was adjacent to a pair of square windows, its curtains drawn. Lin Zhicheng could see raindrops slipping down the window pane. When Shi Xiao Xi gave him his steaming cup of chamomile tea, Lin Zhicheng was struck by the strange thought that he finally came home.

Lin Zhicheng quickly shook his head.

"I have some spare clothes," Shi Xiao Xi offered, eyeing the two of them. "You two will get a cold if you continue wearing your wet clothes."

Mr. Han glanced at Lin Zhicheng, who politely refused her offer.

"No need. Driver Zhou will be here soon. Thank you, Miss Shi."

Shi Xiao Xi pursed her lips, but still got up to get them some blankets and heating pads. They transferred into the living room, where Shi Xiao Xi lit up a few candles.

The candles she used were lavender candles. Its subtle and soothing scent made Lin Zhicheng and Mr. Han thoroughly relax. Lin Zhicheng couldn't help but clutch a pillow and curl up on the sofa, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders. He stared at Shi Xiao Xi with a burning intensity, his face blanketed by shadows.

Her tightly plaited hair had come undone. Loose strands of hair framed her face, giving her an elegant and soft look. Her cheeks were flushed pale pink, her eyes dark and luminous. Shi Xiao Xi was slowly turning the dial of a radio with her ear pressed against the speakers.

Lin Zhicheng didn't know why, but he wanted her eyes to be on him. He asked her, "You still use a radio?"

Because cellphones were already technologically advanced, people that still listen to the radio were becoming increasingly less with the passage of time.

Shi Xiao Xi looked at him. "Mhm."

She finally found a channel that played ambient music. Shi Xiao Xi brought up her knees, wrapping her arms around them. Lin Zhicheng saw that her socks were surprisingly goose-yellow in color.

Mr. Han had already dozed off. Lin Zhicheng wanted to continue their conversation, so he asked, "You live alone?"

Shi Xiao Xi rested her chin on her knees as she turned towards him. "I do."

"What about your family?"

"My father died when I was young, and my mother lives at our old house. I don't have any siblings."

"What about your boyfriend?"

Shi Xiao Xi narrowed her eyes at him. She contemplated for a while, then said, "We're in a long distance relationship."

Lin Zhicheng's heart sank. He forced himself to ask, "Where does your boyfriend work? Is it far?"

"A few cities away from here."

"I don't think it's kind of him to let you live alone by yourself."

"He has to go to work. I can take care of myself."

"Miss Shi, if he truly loves you, he would prioritize his girlfriend over his work."

Shi Xiao Xi's lips curved upwards. "CEO Lin, it seems to me that you're very talkative. How surprising."

Lin Zhicheng, "..."

He didn't know if it was an off-day for him, the weather was bad, or maybe because he didn't look his best right now.

But he felt that the girl in front of him was very hard to flirt with.

Too bad though.....

Since she already caught his interest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 3.9K 124
In her previous life, Li Qinghe married into the Xu family with pomp and splendor but was treated coldly and ignored by everyone in the household she...
208K 3.4K 134
In her past life, Su Meng married Wei Ting, thinking that she could eventually win his heart with tolerance and flattery. For this, she tried to flat...
3K 91 32
After five years, Ning Xi returned to the place that had pushed her away - home. With a sister who turned her parents against her and made her childh...
12K 203 76
Part 4 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...