You're My Addiction

Galing kay Raveness

Erika Larson is a new student at Eastwood Falls High School. She's normal, in a different way. Being raised... Higit pa

You're My Addiction [Introduction]
You're My Addiction [Chapter One]
You're My Addiction [Chapter Two]
You're My Addiction [Chapter Four]
You're My Addiction [Chapter Five]

You're My Addiction [Chapter Three]

463 6 2
Galing kay Raveness

“Man, they have pizza on the menu tonight,” Megan says with a slight frown.  Erika looks at her and blinks.

“Don’t you like pizza?” She asks, looking at the arrangements of different types of pizza available.  Megan just shakes her head and sighs.

“No, I really don’t.  When I was younger, Mason and I would always eat pizza, and now it just makes me sick to even look at it,” Megan explains sticking her tongue out in disgust.  Zachariah chuckles.

“Well, I for one love pizza, so if you’ll excuse me,” Zachariah says with a smile, butting infront of the girls, reaching for a piece.

“Hey, we were in line bub!” Megan complains shoving him playfully.  He grins and shoves her back.

“You don’t like pizza though,” he says with a laugh, as he grabs a juice box.

“So, anyway,” Erika says, rolling her eyes, “What will you eat?”

“Hmm, probably a salad, and some fruit,” Megan says tapping her chin thoughtfully as the line moves up a bit more.  Zachariah rolls his eyes.

“Health nut,” he mutters, grabbing a chocolate cupcake.  Megan scowls.

“I have braces either way, so it doesn’t bother me.  You’re going to get diabetes,” Megan says, pointing to her braces.  Erika laughs, and grabs a slice of pizza and a chocolate milk.

“Well, lets go and eat, I’m starving,” Erika says with a smile.  Megan and Zachariah both nod, as they walk away from the line up of “starving” teenagers.

“Mason and Sebastian are saving us some seats,” Megan says, looking around the cafeteria.  Sebastian waves from a table by the window.  “There.”

The trio makes their way through the crowds of chatting teenagers, over to the table.  They all slide their trays down as they take a seat.  Erika blinks, noticing a few unfamiliar faces.

“Long time no see,” Mason says with a smile, picking at a piece of pineapple.  Zachariah and Erika both smile.

“Well, introduce yourselves,” Megan says, motioning to the other teenagers seated at the table with them.

“If I must,” a girl with long coppery hair says, with a smile.  Her light green eyes scanning the siblings.  “I’m Aubrey, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise, I’m Zachariah,” Zachariah says with a grin.  She smiles and resumes eating her pizza.

“I’m Brian, the local nerd,” a boy with spiked blond hair says.  He had freckles coating his face, and chocolate colored eyes.

“Nerd?  How so?” Erika asks with a laugh.  He grins and blushes lightly.

“I can solve quadratic equations in math in under 20 seconds each, and I tend to play a lot of video games,” Brian says with a laugh.  Erika scrunches up her nose.

“Math makes me sick..Oh, right, I’m Erika!” She then says with a laugh.  “Video games aren’t nerdy by the way, they’re fun.”

“Not the way Brian plays.  He will sit in the room all day, and night, playing,” a boy says, looking at Erika.  She blinks.  He had shoulder length faded green hair and matching green eyes.  Zachariah laughs.

“Sounds like my kind of guy!” He grins and starts devouring his pizza.

“Well, I’m Charlie,” the boy with the green hair adds, looking at his plate.

“Nice to meet you,” Erika says with a smile.  He looks at her then smiles back, looking back down.

“Now that introductions are over, lets eat.  I want to go outside for a bit afterwards.” Megan says, slowly chewing her salad.  Erika smiles and nibbles on her pizza, hyper aware of the stinging feeling of the new piercing.

“Dude, eat like you mean it,” Sebastian says, looking at her.  She frowns and points to her lip.  He just laughs and shrugs.

After they all ate, they sat there chatting for a while.  The cafeteria was starting to empty out, and all that was left were the faculty.

“Don’t they eat in like, a staff room?” Erika asks, looking at the adults.  Almost everyone shakes their heads at the same time.

“Some do, some don’t, and they choose not to I suppose,” Brian says with a shrug, pulling out a small case.  Erika blinks and watches him.  He notices and grins.  “Kingdom Hearts man.  Great game.”  He laughs and opens the case, pulling out a Nintendo DS.

“Kingdom Hearts is gay man,” Sebastian says, slinking his arm around Mason.  Mason laughs and leans into him.

“You’re one to talk,” Mason comments, looking up at Sebastian.  He grins and shrugs.

“I was just saying,” Sebastians says, kissing Mason softly.  Erika blinks and quickly looks away.  She then blinks, noticing a familiar face in the adults eating.

“Hmm?  See somebody you like?” Aubrey says, watching Erika.  She blinks and jumps, looking over.

“What? That’s disgusting.  No, I just saw my counselor over there,” Erika mutters, drinking some of her milk.  That caught everyones attention.

“Counselor?” Charlie asks, looking at Erika.  She blushes and nods.

“Yes, counselor.”

“Oh wow, the bitch is over there too,” Zachariah says with a dark frown.  Erika looks at him, before looking at the table.

“The red head?  Whats wrong with her anyway?  You never did tell me,” Erika says, before returning her gaze to her brother.  He rolls his eyes.

“You’re both in counseling?” Aubrey questions.  Both siblings look at the group.

“Well, yeah, we are.  We got into a few fights in the other schools we were at, and well, the teachers threw us in counseling.  I apparently have anger issues.” Zachariah says folding his arms over his chest.

“Ahh, I see.  So whats your deal?” Charlie asks Erika.  She shrugs.

“I’m apparently depressed, and since I was apart of the fights, I’m also in counseling,” Erika sighs.  Megan coughs, and stands up.

“Well, lets head outside, kay?” She says sternly.  Everyone slowly obeys, rising from their seats.

They all take their trays to the disposal area, and soon start to leave the cafeteria.  Erika yawns, placing her tray on the rack, turning around to come face to face with a man with shaggy brown hair, and bright blue eyes.  She frowns.

“And what would you like?” Erika says, folding her arms.  He puts on a face of mock hurt.

“Oh, your words sting me,” Aidan says with a pout.  She rolls her eyes, and stares at him. “Fine, be a bitch.”

“Excuse me?” Erika says, her mouth dropping.  He looks at her blankly.

“I think I’ve said this before, but, did I stutter?” Aidan says, placing his hands on his hips. Erika scowls.

“For a counselor, you’re doing a very shitty job you know,” Erika says with a sigh.  He shrugs.

“Oh, it will get better sooner or later, just wait,” Aidan says with a smirk.  She pauses and looks at him.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing important.”

“Aidan, are you bullying the students again?” A woman asks with a sigh.  Aidan’s eyes widen as he turns around and grins.

“Of course not Emily, I’m always a nice guy!” Aidan says with a smile.  Erika then blinks, recgonizing the woman as her brothers counselor.

“Yeah, sure,” she laughs, then looks at Erika.  “So, you must be Erika Larson, huh.”

“Yeah, that’s me,” Erika says slowly, watching her.  She smiles warmly, sticking her hand out.

“Emily Saint-Andrews,” Emily says, tilting her head to the side.  Her wine colored hair piling over her shoulder.  Erika smiles and shakes her hand.

“Well, isn’t this just peachy,” Aidan says, watching them.  “Wanna trade?  I’ll be Zachariah’s counselor, you can care for this brat.”  Emily frowns and hits Aidan.  He pouts.

“Stop being such a baby.  Maybe you should mature a bit, and stop acting out.  Hell, you should be in counseling, not her,” Emily says, coming to Erika’s defense. Erika laughs as Aidan looks at her.  She stops, and blinks.

He looked..Geniunly hurt.  Emily then blinks and covers her mouth.

“God, I’m sorry Aidan,” Emily says.  Aidan glares and turns away.

“Whatever,” Aidan snaps, before walking away.  Emily stares at him, as Erika raises her eyebrow in confusion.

“What was that about exactly?” Erika asks after some time of silence.  Emily sighs and runs her hand through her hair.

“Well, I think you’ll find out eventually, it’s not my place to say..” Emily says, looking at Erika.  She just nods.  “But really, he’s a good guy.  A little mature, and stuck in his teenage fantasy, but a good guy none the less, give him a chance.”

“Either way, I don’t have a choice,” Erika says with a smile.  Emily smiles and places her hand on Erikas shoulder.

“You’re brother reminds me of him, you know.”

“Oh!  That reminds me, why does he hate you?” Erika asks bluntly.  Emily laughs, making Erika even more confused.

“I really don’t know, but I’ll find out eventually,” Emily says.  She then blinks and looks over at the door.  “It appears I’ve kept you to long.  You’re friends are flagging you down.  Be good, and I’ll see you later.”

“Alright, thanks,” Erika says, smiling at Emily, as she walks away.  Soon a hand comes down on Erika’s shoulder.  She jumps and looks over.  Charlie.

“Come on, everyones waiting,” He says, smiling slightly.  Brian grins and nods from the door.  Erika laughs and follows Charlie out of the cafeteria.

The walls were so white, you could see your reflection.  And all the windows made the school appear very open and bright.  Erika, Charlie and Brian walk outside, the cool air nipping at them almost instantly.  Erika shivers and tugs her sweater closer to her body, as they walk down a stone path.  After some moments of silence, laughter is heard in the distance.  Erika blinks and looks, spotting a swingset.  Zachariah was pushing Aubrey, and Megan was sitting on the swing beside them.

“Aren’t you guys the picture of friendship,” Charlie says shaking his head, as he walks towards a swing.  Brian laughs and darts forward, grabbing a swing, standing on the seat.

Mason and Sebastian were sitting in a tree overlooking the swings.  They both wave as Erika walks up to the group.

“Why are there swings here, anyway?  Isn’t it a little childish?” Erika says with a laugh, claiming a swing beside Charlie.

“Well, the school used to be a daycare, believe it or not.  And there was a kindergarten class too,” Megan says, giggling as Zachariah gives her a push on the swing.

“They didn’t tear it down?” Erika asks, pushing herself back in the swing, letting her feet drag across the ground.

“Obviously not,” Aubrey says, trying to touch the branches of the tree with her feet as she swings.  “Besides, it’s fun.  Nobody else comes out here to swing, so we do!”

Erika laughs and nods, dragging her feet some more.  Soon a warm pair of hands encloses around her waist.  She blinks and looks over her shoulder.  Dark green eyes meet her gray ones.

“I though you could use a little push,” Charlie says with a grin.  She laughs and nods, feeling him pull her back.  After a few pushes, she was about as high up as Aubrey was.  Sebastian then grins and plucks some twigs from the tree, tossing them at the girls.

“Hey!  I’m trying to swing here!” Aubrey says, kicking her feet.  Zachariah snorts and sits down on a bench, by the swingset.  Erika laughs and closes her eyes, leaning back to get more height.

“I have to admit, this school is pretty great,” Erika says, with a laugh.  Everyone else starts to laugh, all in agreement.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa