Love Me If You Can

By Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 16

3.6K 223 53
By Asia_Denise_

Delondon's P.O.V

I pulled into the parking garage at Micah's condo. Amor and Chris where having a house warming/ game night at their new place. Micah asked me if I wanted to come over to smoke with him before it started. After the stressful week I had, my answer was yes. I don't smoke often but when I do, it really does help me with my anxiety and stress levels. I believe it's very possible to be a professional in this world and still use cannabis from time to time. I parked my car and before I could even cut the car off Micah was at my door. He smiled at me while looking through the window. This boy is so damn goofy. Once I turned the car off he reached and opened up my door.

"Hey, what's up" he said as he helped me out of my car.

"Hey" I said looking down at his attire. He had on some basketball shorts and a wife beater. I'm aware we were only going to Amor's and Chris's but still sir what do you have on. I made a face. He chuckled.

"Chill out mom, I'm going to change. I just threw this on so I can meet you down here" he said pulling me in for a hug. I hugged him back. Lawd he smelled so damn good. Once I pulled away he gave me a once over. "You look good" he said licking his lips. I had on a white off the shoulder bodysuit with some jean joggers on. My hair was in a curly puff and I only had lashes and lip gloss on. I said than you and we headed towards the elevators.

Once we got upstairs to his place, we walked outside on the balcony, where he had the weed already rolled up. He picked up one of the blunts and sparked it.

"How was your week"? he asked.

"It was straight, just trying to balance all of clients" I said while rolling my eyes. This job I have honestly was my dream job, but I can say that it has been a little difficult trying to make each of my clients feel like they are my number priority.

"Well at least you know, one of you clients are happy" he said passing the blunt to me.

"Oh baby, all of them are happy" I said. He held his hands up in surrender.

"Ok my bad boss" he said. We laughed. We made small conversation while smoking. Then of course in true Micah fashion he started trying to fill on me and shit.

"Aht aht move" I said stopping his arms from wrapping around my waist.

"Come on man, it's like that" he said.

"Yup" I said nodding.

"So I can't get none before we leave" he asked. I frowned.

"No sir, plus you're my client technically and I don't think it' a good idea to keep sleeping with my client" I said walking back into the house.

"I can change that with one phone call" he said following behind me. I turned around to look at him.

"No that's taking money out of my pockets." I said frowning. I got quite a bit extra on top of my normal salary and it has my savings looking wonderful. By the end of the year I would be able to buy a new car and get a new place.

"Baby, if I was your man you wouldn't even need that job. I can put more money in your pockets." He said walking up behind me. I let him get a little fill this time.

"Oh so you big money" I asked.

"Big money and big daddy" he said kissing on my neck. I smacked my teeth and pushed him off me. I heard him sigh.

"Go get ready fool" I said walking into his kitchen. A bitch had the munchies. I saw some left over pizza. I took a few slices out and warmed them up. I also got out one of his Powerade. Once the pizza was done in the microwave I took it out and began eating it. This shit was so good. About 5 minutes went by and Micah walked into the kitchen full dressed. He had black jeans and a button up shirt. He grabbed a piece of pizza, well his pizza and began to eat it. He took the Powerade and started drinking from the bottle. I snatched it from him.

"I do not know where your mouth been" I said eyeing him like he was crazy.

"They ain't been nowhere but on you" he said kissing my lips quickly. Before I could say anything he took the Powerade back and walked out of the kitchen. I finished my slice of pizza and walked out of the kitchen.

"You riding with me, cause you know you drive like a grandma when you're high" he said pushing me towards the door. I didn't argue because he was right. I snatched the Powerade from him once more and started to drink it. I was walking towards his BMW, when he stopped me and pulled me towards a black range rover. This was literally my dream car.

He walked me on the passenger side and unlocked the door but before he opened the door he pushed me up against the car in one swift motion. My heart rate increased. He looked me in my eyes. "I'm tired of playing these games with you De. I want to take you out on a date. I want to get to know you again. I don't want to do this sleeping around thing that only results to a situationship. I want you and I want you the right way" he said. His eyes never left my eyes. I was high but I understood everything he was saying. Normally I would have laugh but I could tell that he was beyond serious. "So I'm going to ask this once more time, Would you please go on a date with me? "he asked.

"Yes I will" I said smiling. He screamed out in joy and I tried to tell him to not be so loud. People were looking at us but he didn't care. After his little moment of rejoicing we finally headed to Amor's and Chris's house.

Amor opened the door. She smiled when she saw me and then her smile turned into a smirk when she saw Micah. "So this why you been m.i.a" she asked. I pushed her to the side and walked in. She had done a nice at decorating in here.

"Girl no, I been missing because I have been working" I said. She gave me a look but didn't say anything. She spoke to Micah and I went a head and walked into the kitchen to find food. Chris, Tonio, and Amber where all in the kitchen talking over some fruit and cheese trays. My eyes went straight to the food. I tried to play it cool but I'm high as hell right now.

I spoke to everybody and started eating the food. A minute later Amor and Micah walked into the kitchen. Micah came straight to the food with me. "This shit good" he said as he stuffed his mouth. I nodded my head. Somebody cleared their throat, causing us to look up.

"What the hell is wrong with yall?" Amber asked. I started laughing. We really was just going in on this food.

"Yall high" Chris asked. Micah laughed nodding his head yes.

"That's fucked up, yall could have waited to roll up with us" Tonio said.

"It's ok we got a smoking game I want us to play later when everybody else get here" Amor said. I frowned. Who the hell else did she invite?

"Who's all coming" Amber asked.

"This girl from work and her man, one of Chris's other home boys and Keeb is coming" Amor said. I almost chocked on this damn cheese. Keeb. I haven't seen him in a minute and for some reason I was nervous to see him. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Must be more guest, let's move to the den. Fat asses, grab the trays" Amor said before walking out. Everybody walked out behind her. I noticed that Micah was still starring ahead. I frowned. I don't think he's going to be happy to see Keeb.

"You have a problem with Keeb" I found myself asking.

"Nall, nall we good" he said. "You got a problem with Keeb" he asked.

"Nope, no problems here" I said. He nodded. We grabbed the trays of food and walked into the den. Amor introduced us to this girl from her job. Luckily for Amor in school she had a job that had something to do with her major, so upon graduating she didn't have to find a job, she did receive a promotion though.

We began playing the first game, although we were still waiting on people to show up. I was having fun. I'm not going to lie I kind of had been stressed out this past week but being here with my friends, everything felt like a much simpler time. When our only worry was going to class but now we had real life problems stressing us out. It felt good to just be surrounded by love ones, playing games. Only if the feeling could have stayed. There was a knock at the door. Chris got up to open it. We had just finished an intense game of Uno. No matter how old we were Uno still was the cost of friendships ending.

"Hey" said a voice. I looked up and it was Keeb. He was alone and his eyes were looking right back at me. Here we go. I just simply looked away from him. I could see Micah give me a questioning look out the corner of his eye. I shrugged. Taking a sip from cup I paid the two no mind.

"Hey Keeb, you're just in time, we are about to eat and then play a game of taboo." Amor said smiling brightly. Amor walked into the kitchen to check on the food. Everyone began to mingle amongst themselves. While everybody talked Micah used this time to try and feel me up.

"Stopppp, we're in public" I said pushing him away. I couldn't help but to smile and that was my problem. I really be wanting him to stop but I can't help but to smile which I think makes him think that I'm not serious about him stopping.

"So you gon, let me get some when we get back to my place right" he asked. I shook my head no.

"Oh no, we're going on a date tomorrow right. Meaning we're going to do this the right. We're going to date as if we never had any dealings with each other sir" I said. He looked at me and smiled. "What" I asked. He licked his lips.

"I just remember that I had to plan a bomb ass date for you, in less than 24 hours" he said. I smirked.

"You know what I like" I said.

"And if I get it wrong, remember you said we're going to date as if we never had any dealing with each other" he said smirking. I sucked my teeth and smacked his arm. He laughed. This got the attention of an unwanted guest.

"Nice to see you to back on good terms" Keeb said walking over to us. I could see the Micah visibly tense up and his face become stern. I know Micah well enough to know that these where the first phases of him becoming angry. I just didn't know why he would be angry with Keeb. I touched his arm in an effort to try and calm him down but it's like I wasn't even there.

"What's up man" Micah asked. Keeb shrugged with a smirk on his face.

"Nothing much just been working, what's up with you" he asked.

"Same man" Micah said keeping it short.

"That's good bruh, see you around" Keeb said turning to walk away but before he even made a step, he hit a pivot and turn right back around facing us. He looked between the two of us and smirked. "I'm just glad that after everything you two were able to come back together. Like that's true fucking love." He said. I looked at him weirdly. What the hell is he doing.

"Thanks I guess" I said. I honestly didn't know what to say.

"No like you two literally been through hell and back. With everything that happened in college." Keeb started. Now everyone was starting to look at us. Tonio walked up and tried to pull Keeb away. "No man, I'm just talking about how I admire there relationship. Like even with her him cheating on her every chance he got, her fucking up his car, him sleeping with Jada although she drugged him, and then Delondon kissing me and-" his rant was cut off by Micah punching him in the face. The two immediately started fighting.

" Micah stoppp" I screamed trying to pull him off Keeb. Chris and his other home boy jumped up trying to break the two apart while Tonio pulled me out of the way. I stood there watching the two fight looking stupid. Like what the fuck was happening. Once Chris and his friend had broken the two up Keeb stood there with a bloody mouth still smirking.

"My bad bruh, I honestly didn't know she didn't tell you that we kis-" he interrupted by Micah.

"Man get off. This nigga been asking for an ass whooping" Micah said trying to shrug Chris off him.

"Man yall can't be doing this shit in here. If I knew it was problem between yall I wouldn't have had yall in the same room" Chris said. Just then Amor walked back in.

"What the fuck is happening out here" Amor asked. I didn't know what to say. Everything had happened so fast.

"We were just talking about how De, chose this clown over me" Keeb said. Micah got out of Chris's grip and punched the hell out of Keeb making him fall back. He wasn't knocked unconsious but he laid on the floor groaning in pain. He attempted to get up but Amor stopped him.

"Quit playing with me nigga, shit can real round this bitch real fast" Micah said. He looked at me and a bitch got nervous. He gave me a look and motioned for me to come here. I walked over to him. "Grab your stuff we out" he said. I grabbed my phone and Micah grabbed my arm leading me towards the front door. I looked back and Amor and Amber and gave them a look indicating I would call them later.

Once outside the house Micah stopped walked and looked at me. "Why you didn't tell me about the kiss De" he asked. I was lost for words.

"We weren't on speaking terms and it wasn't a big deal to me just a kiss" I said. He nodded his head.

"Just a kiss huh? You sure about that" he asked. I could tell that he was pissed off. I just didn't know if it was towards me or Keeb.

"That's all it was Micah. I promise, nothing more" he nodded his head. He didn't say anything he just walked to the truck and got in. I timidly followed behind him. Once I was in he drove off towards his place. Once we were in the parking garage he made no move to get out of the car. Being lowkey scared to get out I sat there too. We both just looked ahead and said nothing at all for about 5 minutes.

"When did this kiss happen" he asked. I looked at him.

"The night I found out about that Jada situation" I answered.

"So after you intentionally went and kissed my home boy, a nigga I been friends with since a jit" he asked.

"No it wasn't even liked that. We both did not know at the time that Jada drugged you. We were just venting about our pain and it just happened. It wasn't intentional I swear" I said. The kiss truly was not intentional, and I didn't want him thinking I did it for no get back shit.

"But you see how that shit look though, right? And then this nigga throwing the shit in my face" he said sighing.

"Fuck how it look, it's what I'm telling you. I didn't expect for that shit to happen and it meant nothing to me" I said.

"He had to mean something to him. I knew I wasn't crazy. This whole time this nigga got beef with me because he liked your ass. Shit just don't make no sense, cause if you saying this shit happened three years ago, why this nigga just started beefing with me a year ago" he asked.

"I don't know what you want me to tell you, It's not like I know what goes on in that nigga head" I said sighing. I really wish we wasn't having this conversation.

"So why you just didn't tell me about this after me and you got back cool and how long you knew he liked you" he asked.

"Since his welcome back party, that was night he told me the truth about you and Jada" I said.

"This some bullshit man. That shit foul" he said raising his voice a little.

"Ok see now, that's what you not gone do. You're mad about some shit that happened three years ago. Like really? I get cheated on multiple times and you're mad about a petty ass kiss" I said getting mad myself.

"There you go bringing old shit up"

"You're talking about old shit now"

"SOME SHIT I JUST FOUND OUT" he yelled. I gave him a look. He had a point but still this just goes to show I nigga can't take what he dishes out.

"I'm not about to sit here and let you yell at me over some shit that happened three years ago. Especially not no simple ass kiss, with all the shit you did to me" I said getting ready to open the door.

"Leave then ain't nobody keeping you in here" he said. I opened the door.

"Nigga fuck you, the fuck" I said getting out. I gathered my shit before I closed the door I had one thing left to say. "Oh by the way that lil date ain't happening" I said slamming his door. I could hear his driver's door open.

"You can't even be trusted, why would I still want to take you on a date" he said.

"I can't be trusted" I asked in a questionable tone. "Boy you got some fucking nerve"I shot him a bird and got in my car and drove away. I lowkey wanted to hit him with my car but lucky for him he had already started walking towards the elevators. Ugh. He just makes me so mad and to think I was really ready to give him another chance, This just a sign from God that it's not meant to be. If ain't one thing it's another. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 235 17
♡ "So you really do love my cat more than me.." "lol yes. " - You had just broken up with your toxic ex-boyfriend, when you had suddenly gotten close...
95 1 7
Once upon a time, they were inseparable. Everyone thought they would end up at the altar after almost a decade of being together. Until one day when...
6.1K 197 34
Arthur Morgan is setting up camp after collecting some debts for Strauss. Knowing its too late to head back, he sets up camp for the night. Not long...
10.5K 526 54
Book 2 in a three-part series. It's been five years since Sydney Graves left Westville behind after Brooks crushed her heart and the future they had...