The Wedding Date: A Taekook S...

By alice_meadows

Taehyung is an elementary school teacher who's a constant disappointment to his family back in England. His e... More

Chapter One: The Invitation
Chapter Two: Coffee
Chapter Three: The Mother
Chapter Four: Fears
Chapter Five: Taking Flight
Chapter Six: Your Worth
Chapter Seven: Family
Chapter Eight: Confidence
Chapter Nine: Past & Present
Chapter Ten: The Ex
Chapter Eleven: Sweet Temptation
Chapter Twelve: The Perfect Gentleman
Chapter Thirteen: Hell
Chapter Fourteen: Excitement & Uncertainties
Chapter Fifteen: Adorable
Chapter Sixteen: A Small Town
Chapter Seventeen: Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love
Chapter Nineteen: Pearl
Chapter Twenty: Loved
Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Pillow Fort
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Words and Sandwiches
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Cafe
Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession
Chapter Thirty-One: Rain and Romance
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter Thirty-Three: Happiness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Epilogue
Wedding Date RSVP Day
A Night at Epiphanies
Garden Venues
Blessings and Begonias
Coffee & Confessions
The Journey Begins
Catching Up
Family Baggage
Backup Plans and Ballrooms
Whipped
The Bachelor Parties
The Wedding
Announcement Time!

Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprises and Secrets

50.8K 3K 724
By alice_meadows

Breakfast after that goes relatively smoothly. Ann Marie doesn't mention the inheritance again, which Taehyung appreciates. The money doesn't mean anything to him. He doesn't care that Talia will get his cut or that there was even a share for him to begin with. What he cares about and what hurts the most is that Talia knew about it and tortured him because of it. Money shouldn't trump family, yet that is all that the Hardings seem to care about. And Ann Marie knows this. She's fought them about their greed for years.

The quiet morning is ruined as soon as Jungkook and Taehyung step out of the comfortable library. The two boys hold each other's hands, Jungkook squeezing Taehyung's softly, not really liking the gloomy pensiveness that has consumed the blond-haired boy. Taehyung looks up at Jungkook and softly smiles as they wander down the hall to the main foyer area where everyone is loudly chatting and gathering for one reason or another.

"I'm okay," Taehyung says before Jungkook can even ask him. Jungkook just smiles, giving Taehyung's hand another supportive squeeze.

"I know that, but--"

"Tae!" Juliet calls out from the other side of the foyer, running over to the two of them, her body clad in a bright pink sundress and strappy sandals, "There you are! I was looking for you,"

"Sorry, I was having breakfast with my grandma and Kookie," Taehyung replies, softly smiling at his friend, "Why? What's up?"

"What's up?! Everyone is getting ready for the festivities! You're coming, right?" Juliet asks with a big grin, not realizing her words cause Taehyung's heart to race with anxiety.

"Festivities...you mean like the bachelor and bachelorette party?" Taehyung quietly says and Juliet nods.

"Yeah! I mean, I totally get why you wouldn't want to go with Daniel and all, but others will be there. It'll be fun!" Juliet chimes. Taehyung tries to smile, yet he can't get over the thought of being around Daniel and Talia. Worse a drunk Daniel and Talia. These two are far worse when intoxicated. Jungkook can see Taehyung's panic. Can feel the grip on his hand tighten almost subconsciously, yet before he can say anything or make an excuse for Taehyung, Ann Marie walks over to them.

"Taehyung, darling, there you are! I am so sorry but I forgot I actually need a favor from you," she states as she approaches the three of them. Jungkook and Taehyung both turn to face her when she stops beside them, their actions mirroring each other almost perfectly.

"What's wrong, Grandma?" Taehyung asks. Juliet sighs softly, realizing that Taehyung will always choose to help Ann Marie over partying with them.

"You and I will just have to hang out another time..." she exclaims before walking away. Taehyung lets out a small sigh of relief. He looks up at Jungkook for a moment, quirking his head slightly as he stares up at him.

"You were going to lie for me...weren't you?" Taehyung softly mumbles in Korean and Jungkook nods with a soft smile.

"Sorry I couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough..." Jungkook quietly replies, running his fingers softly along the back of Taehyung's hand where they are entwined together.

"Well I wasn't lying when I said I do need a favor," Ann Marie teases the boys by speaking in Korean as well. Taehyung lightly blushes before turning his full attention to his grandmother.

"I'm sorry, Grandma...what is it I can do for you?" Taehyung asks.

"I was told your aunt, Pearl, didn't show up for breakfast this morning. I know that she went out to her greenhouse garden earlier, and of course, she is a grown woman she can do what she wants, I just worry..." Ann Marie mumbles before looking at Taehyung sheepishly, "Do you mind checking on her?"

"Of course I don't mind!" Taehyung says, slight worry in his veins for his aunt. Ever since his uncle died, Aunt Pearl hasn't really been the same. Taehyung slips his hand out of Jungkook's, "I think it may be best if I do this alone..." Taehyung quietly adds before Jungkook nods, accepting Taehyung's words without any fight or hesitation.

"I will be fine. You go on," Jungkook gently reassures the blond before he nods and wanders off, leaving Jungkook and Ann Marie alone in the foyer.

"You're good for him..." Ann Marie notes, causing Jungkook to blush softly and sheepishly laugh.

"I could be better...I'm trying to be better," Jungkook admits, looking after Taehyung, his thoughts whirling on what he can do for such an amazing man. An idea bursts into life, and Jungkook grins suddenly. Ann Marie notices and she smiles too.

"Can I help you with whatever you're planning?" she asks and Jungkook nods, knowing he's going to need some inside information to accomplish what he plans.

"The main thing will be to keep Taehyung busy for an hour or two...oh and I need to know where the linen closet is," Jungkook asks, and Ann Marie quirks a brow, her smile not even faltering at the odd request.

"Consider it done," she chimes, linking arms with Jungkook to show him all he needs to know to make his surprise work.

...

Taehyung wanders through the gardens to the western part of the manor. There he sees a glasshouse in the distance and through the windows he can see Pearl flitting about inside. She seems to be happy, a small smile on her lips as she goes from plant to plant, assessing each leaf and stem and branch. Taehyung goes to the doorway, hesitant to disturb his aunt's meditative work especially when he sees how happy she looks in her garden. The wrinkles around her eyes don't seem as defined, and instead of her thin lips pinched into a frown, they are curled into a smile. She looks content, truly content, for the first time in a long time. Taehyung softly knocks on the doorframe, startling his aunt from her work. She flinches when she looks up, a flash of panic in her eyes for a moment before she sees it is Taehyung and her smile grows wider.

"Taehyung, dear, good morning! What are you doing here? Where's Jungkook?" she gently questions, wiping her dirt-stained hands on her apron. Taehyung notices that his aunt wears a baggy cotton sweater with the sleeves rolled up, loose denim pants on her thin legs, and a dirt-covered apron around her waist. It is the most casual he has seen his aunt dressed, and yet it suits her. More than the dresses and frills and sparkly jewelry. This version of Aunt Pearl seems much more in her element than the one he's seen at family gatherings. Taehyung flashes Pearl a soft smile as he steps into the garden.

"Jungkook is back at the manor...I wanted to check in on you...is this your tea garden?" he asks, though the question seems kind of obvious in the answer. He asks it though to see his aunt's face light up with excitement. And it does.

"Yes, yes, come come! Let me show you around," She smiles brightly, gesturing for him to step further into the garden, the pathways between plants somewhat narrow, yet her lithe body flits perfectly through them. She points to each plant, explaining what it is and how she uses it for her tea blends. Taehyung listens earnestly, enjoying the stories and explanations that his aunt tells him. She takes him to the back of the glasshouse where a work table is set up; it is lined with jars and drying herbs, grinding implements, and gardening tools. Taehyung notices an electric kettle in the corner with two mugs and an empty pastry plate.

"Well, I'm glad you at least got some breakfast before coming out here..." Taehyung mumbles as Pearl wanders over to the workbench.

"Jensen always makes sure to bring something out. Especially if he sees me come out here early in the morning...he's very considerate," Aunt Pearl says, looking at a mortar full of half ground herbs.

"You seem happy out here..." Taehyung simply says and Pearl nods, picking up the pestle and getting back to grinding the leaves that had been forgotten.

"This is my sanctuary. Kind of like the library is for you, my garden is for me," Pearl chimes, her hands busily moving the pestle in a circular motion against the leaves. Taehyung wants to ask how Pearl is really doing. Everyone seems to be wondering how she is really doing. She just doesn't seem to want to answer that.

"Questions and curiosities hang heavier in the air, dear. Tell me what is on your mind," Aunt Pearl suddenly says, and Taehyung startles slightly, his eyes widening as he looks at her.

"Is it that obvious...?" he questions and she nods, smiling encouragingly at him.

"Go on...what do you need to ask?" she says and Taehyung sighs.

"Do you...do you miss him?" Taehyung asks, and Pearl stops grinding the herbs. She looks at Taehyung with wide, unreadable eyes. The number of emotions flashing in and out of her gaze surprises Taehyung. He's only ever seen Aunt Pearl calm and composed or passionately talking about her tea hobbies. Never has he seen her this conflicted.

"I...sometimes..." she softly murmurs, looking down at the mortar in her hands, "Your uncle wasn't always the kindest of men. We married for convenience. Not for love," she explains, setting the mortar down and turning her back to Taehyung as she sighs, "I was fond of him. I had learned to care about him despite his flaring temper and unkind actions..." she quietly says. Taehyung goes rigid at her words, his whole body reeling with realization.

"Did he...did he abuse you...?" Taehyung quietly asks, and she doesn't really reply. She turns to face Taehyung, a sad smile on her lips.

"You used to remind me very much of myself, Taehyungie...always jumpy. Always on edge...you would go blank sometimes as if trying to avoid all the thoughts and chaos in your mind...I worried about you, but I couldn't say anything. That would've been very hypocritical of me..." she replies, that sad smile faltering as she looks down, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything...do anything to help you..." Taehyung quickly hugs his aunt, not caring that his pastel shirt may get dirt all over it. He needs this. She needs this. He needs her to know it's all going to be okay.

"I'm okay now. You don't need to worry about me anymore," Taehyung whispers, and Pearl smiles.

"I know that, dear. I'm happy that you've found someone who loves you as much as Jungkook does," Pearl says and Taehyung's cheeks blush a fiery pink.

"He's really wonderful..." Taehyung manages to mumble as he thinks back to Jungkook, wondering how he's getting by without him.

"Well, how bout you and I have a cup of tea, and then I'll let you get back to your loverboy," Pearl chimes and Taehyung smiles brightly.

"A cup of tea would be lovely,"

...

Jungkook stands in the corner of Taehyung's room, his eyes wandering over his masterpiece with a smile on his face. At the foot of Taehyung's bed and between the vanity, is a pillow fort. The top is a cream-colored quilt propped up between the pieces of furniture and draped so one side is open for now, exposing the inside nest of fluffy pillows, blankets, and small tv screen that is tucked in the corner with the eight Harry Potter movies sitting next to it. On the other side of the TV is a case of Red Vines, popcorn, M&Ms and a bottle of Taehyung's favorite soda. He sets out a large baggy sweater and a pair of sweats on the bed for Taehyung to change into, and Jungkook himself has already slipped into a white t-shirt and black sweatpants, eagerly waiting for Taehyung to come back and find his surprise. He hears Ann Marie talking with someone in the foyer, a sweet bubbling laugh echoing through the house and reaching the second floor where Jungkook patiently waits...only that patience has run out. He pops the door open, leaning out slightly.

"Hey Tae, can you come up here? I have a favor to ask!" Jungkook shouts, and Taehyung looks up, his eyes on the stairs as Ann Marie smiles.

"Go on then. Get up there," she says, gesturing for Taehyung to run along after reporting to her that Pearl is just fine. Taehyung smiles and kisses his grandmother's cheek before running up the stairs, excited to see Jungkook again. He sees his door cracked before he wanders inside.

"Jungkookie, what is it that you..." Taehyung's sentence falters as his eyes fall on the adorable pillow fort in the center of his room. With the way the fairy lights glow around the room, it adds another level of whimsy to the tent. Jungkook wanders over to Taehyung, a happy grin on his face when he sees the shock and awe and excitement twinkling in Taehyung's eyes. He takes the boy's hands in his, smiling even more as Taehyung blushes. Jungkook's thumb runs over the back of Taehyung's hand as he gently kisses the top of his blond head.

Jungkook leans forward, and softly whispers, "How bout you and I have that date I promised?"

....

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing well and all of you are happy and healthy during these rough times. I'm sorry this chapter took me so long to write, but I hope you all liked it. I am going to try to update more frequently in all of my stories, so I hope to see you guys soon!

Love you all!

~Alice~

PS: I'm not sure the link will work, but that is literally my favorite Taekook moment recently.

https://pin.it/11afr5A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 13K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...
19.1K 849 22
Jeon Jungkook slightly arrogant and spoiled, but contrary to appearances a very nice student of a very prestigious high school, in the last year of h...
19.5K 1.2K 30
Kim Taehyung has had a long-standing crush on his classmate Park Jimin and finds himself engaged to the obedient son of his dad's friend. Taehyung is...
2.8K 124 2
Where Tae fucks his wife's bestfriend on his wedding day who happens to bring out the beast in him. . . . Taehyung Jungkook