Scars and smiles

By ibukironpa

Depressed! Ouma x Saihara Shuichi Saihara is a famous detective who is known worldwide for solving many famou... More

Chapter 1 - Shuichi Saihara
Chapter 2 - Second meeting
Chapter 3 - Scars
Chapter 4 - Anime
Chapter 5 - Awkward shower encounter
Chapter 6 - His basement
Chapter 7 - Kaede
Chapter 8 - Flower crowns
Chapter 9 - Misleading
Chapter 10 - Cakes and emotions
Chapter 11 - Blood and cuts
Chapter 12 - Cooking with Shu
Chapter 13 - Cuddles and calls
Chapter 14 - Airports
Chapter 15 - LA
Chapter 16 - First date
Chapter 17 - Meeting the family
Chapter 19 - Past memories
Chapter 20 - Weird texts
Chapter 21 - Old habits
A/N - I made a discord server😭
a/n IM NOT DEAD PLUS RECONTINUING THIS STORY

Chapter 18 - Last day

4.3K 181 738
By ibukironpa

The holiday had gone by very quickly and it was now the last day in LA.

Shuichi was finally taking Kokichi to Santa Monica Pier. The place had lots of restaurants, an arcade, a small theme park, live performers and a really pretty coastline view.

They had finally managed to get parked and began walking to the theme park.

• • • • • •

Kokichi and Shuichi had gone on all the rides and were having an amazing time so far. "Shuichi let's go to the arcade!"

The detective nodded and held his hand. They began walking to the arcade.

Snap.

Shuichi stopped after hearing the sound.

Someone had taken a photo of them.

The small boy looked up at his boyfriend, also hearing the sound. "Did you hear that?"

He nodded and gently hugged Kokichi. "It'll be fine... Plus, it may not have been of us" Shuichi said, trying to comfort his boyfriend, though he was sure the person had taken a photo of them.

Kokichi could tell Shuichi was just trying to comfort him and hugged him back. "Our relationship will probably be leaked to the press..."

The detective stayed silent.

"I don't want this to ruin our date, come on. Let's go eat somewhere" Shuichi said. Kokichi smiled at him and nodded, taking his hand.

They went into a restaurant and had a pleasant meal.

As Shuichi was paying, they heard the sound again.

Snap.

Kokichi looked at Shuichi who was just frowning.

"Thank you for the meal" he said as he paid. Shuichi went over and took Kokichi's hand.

"I'm going to ignore that sound so we can still enjoy our last night here. I know it's annoying, but do you think you could do the same?" he asked.

The purpled haired boy nodded and they walked over to the view of the sea.

The sun was setting and the view was gorgeous.

Kokichi turned to Shuichi with a slight blush on his face and Shuichi turned back.

"Can I kiss you?" Shuichi asked which made Kokichi's blush more extreme.

He nodded.

Shuichi leaned into him and Kokichi did the same. Their mouths soon connected and the kiss lasted for about ten seconds. He wished that it could've lasted longer.

The detective blushed as he looked at Kokichi. "T-That was my first kiss" Kokichi said, looking at the view.

"For your first kiss, you're a very good kisser" Shuichi said, squeezing Kokichi's hand tight. His phone then began to ring.

The navy haired boy frowned and looked to see who was calling and it was his uncle which was surprising.

"Hello uncle."

"Hey Shuichi, um... Have you seen the news?"

"No, why?"

"Well, you might want to have a look"

"I will in a bit, is that all?" Shuichi asked.

"I guess so..."

Shuichi then hung up, annoyed that people kept interfering with his date.

He turned around and saw that Kokichi was walking somewhere.

"Kokichi?" Shuichi called, quickly following him.

The small boy went over to an alley by the arcade. He had seen someone signalling him over and wanted to see who it was. Kokichi was then pushed against a wall in the alley. He gasped and looked up to see his brother.

"Kojiro? What the hell? Have you been following us?" Kokichi asked angrily.

Shuichi caught up and stood by the wall and listened.

"Mmmm...maybe? I don't know?"

"Am I not allowed to have a private life anymore?" Kokichi asked, pushing his older brother away from him.

"You never told me you liked men" his older brother said, looking to the side. "Though, it was kinda obvious when we were growing up. I still wish that you had told me yourself though. I am your brother after all."

Kokichi glared at him. "What do you want Kojiro?"

"I want you to break up with him, and stay in LA with us. Your family."

"No. I like Shuichi, he's one of the only people who love and care about me" Kokichi said. "Now move, Kojiro."

His brother laughed.

"But I care about my darling baby brother~" he said and hugged Kokichi tightly, preventing him from moving anywhere.

Kokichi glared at him. "Let. Me. Go."

"Nope~ Say, have you seen the news Kokichi? I think your relationship with a little someone was made public a while ago" Kojiro said, his grip around Kokichi tightening.

Shuichi stayed silent and got out his phone to check the news.

Famous detective Shuichi Saihara is now dating a boy named Kokichi Ouma! Confirmed!

The two were spotted together in LA, holding hands, eating out at a restaurant and were even seen kissing!

Underneath the short paragraph was a photo of the boys holding hands and another one of Shuichi paying the bill at the restaurant. It made him sick that some people did this.

Why can't some people just respect a persons privacy?

"Kojiro... You were the one taking those photos?"

He laughed. "Yup~ So what will you do Kokichi? You'll be getting a bunch of attention by the public now. You know how much you hate that..."

Kokichi stayed silent.

Shuichi turned off his phone and ran into the alleyway, punching Kokichi's brother in the face.

"How dare you invade our privacy like this. You make me sick." Shuichi said through gritted teeth, holding Kokichi's hand tightly.

Kojiro laughed loudly. "Owchie! That really hurt!"

The detective ignored him and dragged Kokichi out of the alley. "Come on, we're going back."

They got back in the car and Shuichi began to drive them back. "I'm sorry our holiday ended like this" Kokichi said, looking out the window.

"It's okay, it's not your fault" Shuichi said, looking at Kokichi before looking back to the road again.

• • • • • •

Meanwhile, Kojro put a hand to his face. Shuichi had punched him quite hard in the face.

He opened his phone and checked the comments on social media.

Kojiro was quite surprised at the amount of support that was coming through. He frowned as he scrolled further down. His frown then turn into a grin when he found some hate comments.

Anonymous
Really? Shuichi is dating him? That is so disgusting.

Anonymous
I can't believe that Shuichi would date a boy...

Anonymous
The boy is so ugly, Shuichi could do better.

There were a few more but not many.

"Good thing I know how to hack, we can change those supporting comments into more hateful ones" Kojiro chuckled slightly before leaving the alleyway and making his own way back home.

• • • • • •

Kokichi and Shuichi were now back from LA and were in Shuichi's limo on the way back to his house. Shuichi had fallen asleep and was resting his head on Kokichi's shoulder while he was using Shuichi's power bank to charge his phone.

He thought about what his brother said and decided to check the news as his phone had been dead
this whole time.

The purpled haired boy searched up 'Shuichi Saihara and Kokichi Ouma' and sure enough the article came up. He clicked on it and scrolled down to the comments, wondering what the public had to say about it.

He was shocked at the comments.

They were all really hurtful and disrespectful. Not a single nice one.

Some were insulting Shuichi, some were insulting Kokichi and some were just plain homophobic.

Kokichi teared up slightly but quickly wiped his tears as Shuichi woke up next to him. He looked over Kokichi's shoulder to his phone and quickly grabbed it off him. He attempted to grab his phone back but Shuichi was too fast.

The tiredness on his face from just waking up quickly turned to disgust.

"Kokichi, there's no way that many people wrote these things. It was probably just the same person." Shuichi said, coming off the page and handing Kokichi his phone back.

The smaller boy nodded. "Kojiro was always good with hacking... He probably deleted or edited the supportive comments to make them like that."

Shuichi put a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. "Don't worry, this will blow over soon. The media will find something else to talk about within a day."

Kokichi nodded and hugged Shuichi. Shuichi smiled and hugged him back, gently placing a kiss on his forehead.

"It'll be okay, Kokichi. I'll get the article removed."

• • • • • •

Kojiro was typing hysterically on his keyboard in a pitch black room.

The article he worked so hard on had been completely wiped from the internet along with all the comments.

"Shuichi Saihara, you sly mother fucker..." Kojiro said before bursting into laughter.

He then slammed his hand on the keyboard which caused one of the keys to come flying off. "I will end your whole career."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513 13 27
Saiouma Story ( ja ich schreibe es auf Englisch) Ultimate High School Au (my Au) Kokichi Ouma (The Ultimate Supreme Leader) is a mysterious liar who...
31.1K 1.3K 25
Meet Shuichi Saihara: a detective who has been blacklisted from every possible agency in Japan after he screwed up big time on his last case. Now , n...
19.6K 718 21
"Have you heard of Shuichi Saihara of the flower shop next door? He might be cute, but he is such a crybaby! I also heard that he talks to flowers, i...
124K 3.4K 46
Kokichi has a split personality, in which he can't control. Shuichi is oblivious of the fact, so he and other classmates think he is just evil for th...