Chapter 18 - Last day

The holiday had gone by very quickly and it was now the last day in LA.

Shuichi was finally taking Kokichi to Santa Monica Pier. The place had lots of restaurants, an arcade, a small theme park, live performers and a really pretty coastline view.

They had finally managed to get parked and began walking to the theme park.

• • • • • •

Kokichi and Shuichi had gone on all the rides and were having an amazing time so far. "Shuichi let's go to the arcade!"

The detective nodded and held his hand. They began walking to the arcade.

Snap.

Shuichi stopped after hearing the sound.

Someone had taken a photo of them.

The small boy looked up at his boyfriend, also hearing the sound. "Did you hear that?"

He nodded and gently hugged Kokichi. "It'll be fine... Plus, it may not have been of us" Shuichi said, trying to comfort his boyfriend, though he was sure the person had taken a photo of them.

Kokichi could tell Shuichi was just trying to comfort him and hugged him back. "Our relationship will probably be leaked to the press..."

The detective stayed silent.

"I don't want this to ruin our date, come on. Let's go eat somewhere" Shuichi said. Kokichi smiled at him and nodded, taking his hand.

They went into a restaurant and had a pleasant meal.

As Shuichi was paying, they heard the sound again.

Snap.

Kokichi looked at Shuichi who was just frowning.

"Thank you for the meal" he said as he paid. Shuichi went over and took Kokichi's hand.

"I'm going to ignore that sound so we can still enjoy our last night here. I know it's annoying, but do you think you could do the same?" he asked.

The purpled haired boy nodded and they walked over to the view of the sea.

The sun was setting and the view was gorgeous.

Kokichi turned to Shuichi with a slight blush on his face and Shuichi turned back

"Can I kiss you?" Shuichi asked which made Kokichi's blush more extreme.