till' we meet again, william...

By totallyjuno

- in which a french civilian and an english solider fall in love in a war torn town. - they were two... More

part i
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
part ii
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
part iii
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
epilogue

seventeen

1.6K 66 15
By totallyjuno

seventeen

ONE WEEK, TWO DAYS BEFORE WEDDING.

ACCORDING TO WILL, the sun was shining brighter, the birds were in perfect harmony, and nothing couldn't bring him down from cloud nine— especially once Friday morning rolled around. He woke up earlier than usual, and even took it upon himself to pack Elizabeth's bags for her.

The blonde girl was seated at the kitchen table, sipping on her earl grey tea while she waited for her taxi. She watched with suspicious eyes as her fiancée happily cleaned the house, dusting and wiping down surfaces even she hadn't bothered with.

"What's put you in a good mood," Elizabeth asked, an accusing tone lacing her sassy voice. Will looked up from where he was cleaning and flashed her an irresistible grin. Her heart melted. This was the Will she wanted.

"It's just a beautiful day," he replied. He went back into their room, probably to fold the pile of laundry she left for him to do over the weekend, because she assumed that's all he would do.

"Well, since you're suddenly productive, while I'm away, you and your little friend Jack can go suit shopping. I have no doubts you haven't even made an appointment."

Will was about reply to Elizabeth's passive agressive attitude, but the loud honking of the taxi interrupted their conversation. Will walked Elizabeth to the door. His eager hands reached for her jacket, and within seconds he had her jacket on her back. Elizabeth blushed at the gesture.

"Well, I.. I guess I'm leaving now," Elizabeth drawled, slowly picking up her bags. She looked up at Will, batting her thick eyelashes and puckering her lips, awaiting a kiss. She lightly closed her eyes and leaned forward.

Will looked between her closed eyes and puckered, glossy lips. He gulped. He leaned in as well, but didn't dare close his eyes. His heart hammered for all the wrong reason. This is wrong.

At the last second, he aimed for her cheek. He planted a forced kiss on her perfectly powdered cheek. She pulled back confusedly, but then she broke out in a laugh.

"I suppose it's a good idea to keep our intimacy to a minimum, at least until our wedding," she thought aloud. She picked up her bags and made to leave. "I'll see you Monday. Goodbye William."

Will closed the door and locked it once she left. He quickly jogged to the window overlooking the street, and watched as Elizabeth entered the taxi. A piece of him felt at peace as she drove away.

He glanced at the clock on the wall, and realized he had no clue when he should expect Rosine. He felt guilty and dirty as he collected all the photos of Elizabeth and him, or their parents and family. He only left a couple photos on the walls to make the place appear lived in.

He decided to get a shower. He stalked back to his on suite bathroom and turned on the faucet, making it hot. He stripped himself of his clothes, and looked in the mirror. He stared at the scars that would never leave his body, but today he wouldn't dwell over it.

He jumped in the shower and lathered his body in his pine body wash, making sure to wash him well. He raked shampoo through his longer than usual hair. He rinsed it throughly, and then added his conditioner.

While he let his conditioner sit, he pulled out his shaving cream and razor and went to town, being sure to tame the beast. He rinsed his conditioner out once he finished shaving, and turned off the water. He stepped out of the shower and comb his hair. He debated on several different styles, but ended up sticking with what he usually did— nothing.

He shaved his face the night before, so he didn't deem it necessary to shave his face once again. He walked into his bedroom and cracked open the wardrobe Elizabeth and him shared. He pulled out a shirt and pants, and then dressed himself. Just as he pulled on his shirt, there was a knock at the door.

He sped to the door, hitting his toe along the way, causing him stifle a groan. He took deep breaths before opening the door.

One

Two

Three

He flung the door open, and his eyes were graced with the sight of Rosine. She smiled kindly, waiting for her invitation in. Will couldn't help but to take in her beauty. Her long, red hair tumbled down her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes reflecting her happiness were accompanied by thick lashes. Her plump, pink lips were glossy and her cheeks were rosy. She wore a dark green dress and dark brown shoes.

"This is the blue house, number one seventy-seven, that I couldn't miss, right?" Rosine asked with a teasing tone.

"Y-Yes," Will choked out, still stunned by Rosine. Stunned by the fact she was here, in the flesh, looking as beautiful as ever. In front of him.

"Then why aren't you inviting me in?"

"O-Oh! Yes, of course. Come in. My bad."

She cautiously entered the house, as if expecting something to jump out at her. But, upon convincing herself it was only Will and her there, she relaxed and removed her shoes.

Will pulled out a seat at the table, offering it to her. A tinge of pink spread across her cheeks and up her neck. This is what she waited for. This was everything she wanted, even back when they were in Ecoust. To be normal.

She took the seat, and surveyed the room observantly while Will went into kitchen. She took in the old wood, the chipping paint, the decorations and furniture. This place didn't quite seem like William Schofield to her, but she brushed it off, being aware that she didn't know everything about him.

"Would you like tea?" He called out to her from the kitchen, pulling her out of her study of his home.

"That'd be nice," she replied, leaning back into her seat, letting an unknown guard she had put up, down.

Will fumbled in the kitchen, searching for a mug and tea bags. Elizabeth just had it this morning. He pulled open the last cupboard, finding the earl grey tea. He heated up water, placed tea bags in two mugs, then poured the water over the tea. He brought out the sugar and milk first, setting it on the table in front of Rosine. He hurried back to get the two mugs of tea. He placed them down, and finally took a seat himself.

Rosine added one cube of sugar and a splash of milk to her tea, while Will only added milk. They sat in silence for a moment, struggling to find the words to discuss a topic they were still unsure about sharing.

Will cleared his throat, and took the first plunge. "I thought you died."

The cracking of Will's voice broke Rosine's heart as she stared into his eyes. They reflected all the insecurities, regrets, and fears he ever felt. Rosine offered a small, sad smile. "I thought you died... that something went wrong or that you had perished in another battle. I never thought I'd see you again."

"I.. I searched for you. I couldn't find you. Where did you go?"

She sighed, playing with the tea bag in the mug. "I was taken to the nearest safe spot to stabilize the bleeding in my leg. I came down with a fever, and then I was diagnosed with an infection. Everything was a hazy, feverish dream then. I don't know how long I was in a hospital bed— time seemed to have no start or end. By the time I was healed and better, I was already on a ship to Canada. I finished my schooling as a nurse, and found a life there with my brother and his family. Nobody gave me a chance to ask about you. Nobody had listened."

Will stated ahead, thinking of everything he could've done or should've done. He should've known to ask about medical post, but he was so sure that she was gone at the time. He never felt so stupid. The silence between them lived short. "Did you find your friends brother?" Rosine asked.

"Yes," he replied, his mind now flooded with images of Thomas Blake and his brother. He gulped, "but he died before the war ended. There was a massive massacre of our superior officers. I wrote Thomas' mother twice."

The thick, unbearable silence hung between them once again. Rosine reached out her hand, placing it on top of his. His eyes shifted from his mug, to her thumb rubbing circles on his hand, to her face, full of unspoken apologies and compassion.

Rosine had suffered during the war, but Will had lost a piece of himself, fighting for something he couldn't remember. He took more lives than Rosine could count on two hands, and yet he still sat there. He was stretched, but not broken.

Will swallowed a lump in his throat, and gripped her hand in his, savouring the softness of her palms. "I will forever be grateful that you don't hate me for leaving you in the woods. I wish... I wish I could've stayed with you. Been with you."

"I understand why you left, and I'll never old that against you, my sweet boy," Rosine purred, bringing his hand up to her lips, placing a soft kiss upon his knuckles. "Perhaps, if you had stayed, we would be a family. Share a name. Share children."

Will blushed, his face blazing red as he thought of impregnating Rosine. He thought of holding her hands underneath an alter, muttering vows to her, making her Rosine Schofield. His heart skipped a couple beats. His eyes met with hers as she batted her eyelashes, looking him up and down. He sucked in air as she dragged her bottom lip between her teeth.

He stood abruptly, nearly knocking the mugs of tea over. "I-I'll be right back," he stuttered before darting towards his bedroom. He made sure to close the wardrobe tight, then grabbed a couple candles and light them easily. Will rushed to his bed, flattening out the sheets, and made sure to fluff up the pillows.

As Will shuffled around in the other room, Rosine took it upon herself to get up and explore his living room. She placed her fingers delicately along the edge of his fireplace, dragging her fingers along the mantle, glancing at all the small photos of him and his family. She stopped suddenly at the sight of a woman. She was beautiful, her jawline was angular, her cheekbones were high. She couldn't make out the colour of her hair or eyes due to the photo being black and white, but she knew that woman was stunning. The woman was accompanied by another woman, looking much more intense and older. Rosine shrugged, assuming she was staring at a photo of his cousin and aunt. They must be from his father's side, she thought. She concluded that Will's father was absent or dead, as there wasn't a photo of the man to be seen.

She turned and continued on, being sure to touch everything she laid her eyes on. Will cleared his throat. Rosine spun around to see the man she adored leaning against a wall, his arms crossed, showing off the muscles he and. She sucked her teeth, afterwards a toothless smile spread across her face.

"I missed you," he admitted, shoving his hands into his pockets. She walked over to him, and placed both her hands on his biceps.

"I missed you too," she whispered, before tipping her head upwards and reaching up to him on her tiptoes.

His lips met hers in an unexpectedly needy kiss. Their teeth grazed each other's as Rosine reached up to put her hand behind his head, bringing him closer to her level. His hands came out of his pockets instantly, and they roamed her body, squeezing every curve they could find. One hand settled on the small of her back, while the other flung to her breast, kneading it overtop her dress.

She gasped breaking the passion-filled kiss they had just shared, causing him to pull away frightened. They were both left aroused and puzzled. "Why'd you stop?"

"I-I thought... Do you want this? This is what you want, right?" He asked worriedly and confusedly.

She giggled, "I was just surprised, that's all."

He nodded, and leaned back into her, this time aiming for her neck. He sucked at the sweet spots, and nipped at her sensitive skin, drawing a hushed moan from her. He walked them backwards, until they reached the bed.. They both fell down, him on top of her. They gripped and grasped at each other's body, tearing away pieces of clothing as they went along, until they were left bare and vulnerable.

That night, he gave his everything to her and she gave her everything to him.

not edited. ignore mistakes. hope u enjoy :) what could possibly go wrong now teheh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 116 22
𝑮𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 ______________ 𝑌/𝑁 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚, 𝐸𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 �...
When The Sun Sets By sarah

Historical Fiction

36.9K 1.4K 28
[2021 Watty Shortlist!] it's 1919 in new york and harry has been back from the western front for months now. his wife, annaliese, barely knows the ma...
49.7K 1.9K 15
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐍. [will schofield x fem!oc] [1917] [completed] [cover p...
7K 333 12
Corporals Blake and Schofield are sent on a risky mission to prevent a massacre in the Second Battalion of the Devons, along with a kind and brave nu...