The Arrangement

By miloarqam

When the BAU gets a letter saying they would get a new member they were more than willing to accept any extra... More

Introductions.
The Transfer.
Settlement.
Hello Birdie.
A Quarter.
It wasn't Planned!
Rules!
The Manipulator.
He's a Screamer
No Reason!
My Drug.
Change Direction
Criminal Negotiator.
Poisoned Air.
Tent Showers.
Change in the Arrangement!
The Missing Girl.
Friends are Family

Vampire Murders.

1.2K 21 4
By miloarqam

Los Angeles

---VAMPIRE MURDERS---

The weeks past quickly, before Abigail knew it another month had passed in her stay the BAU. All was well, she had worked on 6 cases that were as equally disturbing as the last. Nothing she could not deal with, she had seen far worse in her time in LA. The gore did not bother her, the blood was just a stain but it was the innocent lives that were stolen that bothered her. When they were just people, flawed but innocent in their own right. When mothers were murdered for the color of their hair, boyfriends murdered by slutty ex-girlfriends, kids who were taken because of jealous elder. It all hurt her, somewhere but she pushed it away.

When her job in LA became too much she would resort to her three B's to fix her problems. Boys, booze, and bongs however unlike in LA pot was very much illegal. Abigail found that the FBI dealt with more innocent deaths than she did in LA. All her illegal jobs normally ended in a gang member or drug dealer dead, nothing heart-wrenching or made her feel things. Seeing dead babies, that made her heart clench because that could have been a child she knew, loved, or cared for but it wasn't or ever would be. So Spencer Reid had been getting laid an awful lot more than he used to.

It seemed that every moment Spencer had free he was at home with Abigail Bethear in his bedroom reducing him to a mumbling mess. Abigail found Spencer was not polite in bed, he was sweet but his grip on her hips became tighter every time she entered his bedroom. He was louder as she figured out what he liked, he loved it when she pulled at the hair at the base of his neck or scrapped her nails under his ribs. Spencer talked more in his home than he ever did in the office but even then she came there intending to separate herself from the world in a naked mess so their conversations were never very long. She always left too, never overstayed her welcome, and unlike prior people she had been with Spencer genuinely cared. He always asked her if she was fit to drive after round three but she always said yes. She could not stay the night, she refused to cross that line, at least for now.

She asked first every time what his plans for their days off were. He never called first or sent her a suggestive text. She did not want to overstay her brief welcome, they were both there for sex and nothing more. At work the pair stayed professional, there were flirty winks from Abigail but Spencer would only smile at her.

May came with a change in the wheater, so did the atmosphere in the BAU office. The team had become used to the routine Abigail had unintentionally implemented. Every morning she walked in at 6:30 and was in her office at 7, there were daily printer runs that brought distracting company with some of their paperwork on days hey were actually in DC. So when Abigail asked for a week off it was a bit odd.

    "What do you mean you're taking time off?"

      "LA needs my help."

      "The whole state?"

Abigail tilted her head to look at the man across from her, amused by his comment. "Spencer, what are you trying to say?"

Spencer waved his hands for a moment before dropping them in his lap. "I don't know." He did not want her to go, he had grown used to her presence. He enjoyed talking to her at work, it was the only time they talked. At his house, it was half an hour before their clothes hit the floor and the only words that could come out of their mouth were short and vulgar.

Abigail shook her head with a smile as she continued to eat her lunch. The day had gone without a hitch and at 1 Abigail gathered her things. She locked her office door before making her way to her stepfather's office.

       "Babbo."

David Rossi looked up from his desktop with a grin. "Hey, are you headed out?"

         "Yeah, I wanted to say bye before I got on the plane." Abigail stepped into his office, pulling her bookbag over her shoulder.

          "Do you have to go back to LA?"

          "Babbo." Abigail put a hand on her hip as she looked down at her father. "My team needs me." His hatred for the city astonished her, it seemed that it just brought the bad out of him.

       "We need you."

"I've been here a total of a few months, you did before I was even born." David made a face to show he did not appreciate that comment but Abigail chose to ignore it. "I'm sure you'll be fine."

       "I don't like LA."

Abigail nodded taking a few steps o place her hand over his for just a moment. "I know but I'll be fine." She straightened up, pulling on the creases of her blouse. "Go home, get some sleep, ti amo(love you)."

        "ti amo anch'io."

She excused her self from her father, talked briefly to Hotch before making her way home. The BAU would call if they needed anything but Abigail didn't quite know what kind of case she would have. If she was UC she would have no way of answering their calls. When Abigail arrived in La there was an entourage waiting for her at the airstrip.

        "Birdie!" A large man covered in ink waved from the black SUV parked on the grass.

Abigail grinned as he came running up to her, short brown hair crazy and unkempt. "Hey, Holden." The tattooed man scooped her up, spinning her around for a moment in glee.

      "How are you?" He set her on the ground, looking her over. She hand changed from her business attire into more suitable clothes. A pair of whitewash jeans with a professional baby blue blouse. 

       "You look gorgeous."

      "You're not to bad yourself." Holden was a large man, ripped and covered in tattoos. To anyone who did not know him, he was quite threatening but he was honestly a huge teddy bear. One of Abigail's closest friends, She had recruited him into the Holmes Company herself and had become close shortly after.

     "Are you ready."

Abigail turned to see her best friend, adorning his classical tailored suit, all clean and pressed. 

"Hey, Al."

        "Hey." He hugged her, pulling away just enough to talk to her. "How's DC?"

        "It's good, my father is on the team." Abigail pulled away grabbing one of her suitcases as Holden snatched the other. He stuck his tongue out, revealing the little stud on in. "So I got the call, what's the situation?"

         "A murder."

        "Oh, not even home ten minutes, and there's already a body count."

Holden narrowed his eyes at the blonde as they made their way to the SUV. "B shut the fuck up."

       "Make me Holden."

        "Seriously you two, calm down you can get in each other's pants later, right now we have an upset mother paying us a lot of money to find out who murdered her daughter."

Abigail pushed her suitcase into the truck before making sure she got in the passenger seat before Holden. They always fought over it like children. As Al got in and cranked the car Abigail asked, "Why'd you need me?"

      "It's one of our arms dealers."

      "Oh. Well, fuck." Abigail cringed. This meant one o two things, a. they had been connected to Geyypan and she had been recruited for clean up or b. they had been hired to clean up one of their messes.

Al let out an aggravated sight. "Yeah, Geyypan thought it would be best if you were on the case because you've dealt with Mrs. Valse before."

       "Valse? Our nonce gun dealer?" Abigail shifted so she was sitting with her back pressed to the door, it gave her a clear line of sight between Al and Holden. "Which of her kids?"

       "Ella."

       "That was her third kid." Abigail chewed on her lip of a moment as she tried to picture what the girl had looked like alive. "I had met her a handful of times, but I know Mitch a lot better."

There was a loud snicker from the back seat. "Of course you do." Abigail made a face at Holden as he grinned at her, teasing her. "When I found out you two were going at it I was appalled."

       "Keep your mouth shut." he slept around just as much as she did, they had walked in on each other with another person to many times it had almost become a problem.

        "Wifey don't be like that."

      "Speaking of fooling around, whos the boy you were telling me about on the phone?" Al changed the conversation as he pulled away from the driveway of the private airstrip on to a two-lane road.

        "Boy!"

Abigail winked at the brunette in the back seat. "Hubby doesn't worry, there is only room for one of you in my heart."

        "You two aren't even legally married."

Abigail laughed, Al was right. Holden and Abigail had gotten a fake wedding right before their first UC assignment together. They had gotten pictures taken, the whole nine yards. It made their characters more believable, a newlywed couple, new to the area just trying to find their place in the world BS. It worked well for most missions so they decided to keep it up. they kept pictures as an inside joke and for work. Over the years, Holden told her he was bisexual and his Jewish family would not except him. This is where their relationship took a more serious side.

She was his beard, fake straight wife, they had screwed around together more times than she could count and he was her friend. Abigail pretended to be Holden's wife on missions and around his family. They had a good dynamic, they had different partners or fucked each other. It was weird but it worked for them because Holden and Abigail knew that they always had each other.

      "keeps my mom off my ass."

       "And it's a good excuse in the bar."

Upon arriving at the Holmes company building Abigail was greeted by familiar faces all around. It had been too long since she had been in her office, with people she was familiar with, in a city she knew how to work.

       "Kate went to the morgue, this is what they gave her, and this is what she stole." Holden pointed to photos in the file he had handed her.

Abigail reviewed the photos. "He doesn't think it's teeth marks?"

       "Probably an ice pick," Al suggests , Abigail gags and pulls her phone up from her pocket.

       "I'll call Kim, see what they have."

Abigail entered her office building just long enough to give her team hugs and check out a work car the Company provided. She made sure to grab her gun from her suitcase and taking her black bookbag before making her way to the Central LA police department. It was nice to be home, even if it would only be for a week or two, she missed the warm weather and LA vibe.

Abigail enters the PD office smiling as she waved at Police Officers she hadn't seen in long months. The Asian American detective saw the blonde making her way towards him and grinned.

     "Abigail." He wrapped his arms around her slightly smaller frame. "it's so good to see you, last I heard you were in DC."

        "I was, I'm back temporarily."

        "I assume you need my help."

Abigail winked at him as she stepped to the side out of the way of familiar deputies and officers. "You know the drill."

          "What is it?" He nodded towards his office. Abigail followed after him. "Gangs, domestic violence?"

Abigail tightened her hair in the elastic band. "It's a bit abnormal." She pulled a photo of the girl out of her bookbag, a bit of remorse for the dead girl she was dead, there was no point in mourning for her if she never really knew her. "Ella Valse was found dead on the side of the high"

        "You're investigating the Vampire murders?" Kim took the picture slowly but Abigail arched an eyebrow.

        "Vampire murders?"

He rolled his eyes at the way she said it, mocking the name. "There are 5 women dead."

       "Oh shit." A part of her wished she could say something else, 'oh how awful.' or something that showed she had a bit of remorse for the woman but after being around death for so long even the forest murders seemed to just fly past her. Until a particular case would get her emotionally, usually involving children those were the days Abigail hated her job.

         "Yeah, the BAU is on the case now."

          "Wait!" Abigail held up a hand in cofusion. "The Bau?" When Kim nodded Abigail let out a long puff of air through her nose. "I just escaped them."

        "Must be fate."

          "Must be." Abigail rolled her eyes in annoyance. If the BAU was breathing down her neck there was no way she was going to be able to get her hands on the perp without raising a few red flags. "Can I have a peak of those files and what they have on their profile."

      "Come with me, Dr. Reid is in the box."

Abigail smiled at Kim as he leads her around the building. They talked for a moment about what had happened since she had been relocated. A tad disappointed to find out that he broke up with his girlfriend but she understood it was hard to keep a relationship with their line of work. Sweet guy but bad guys don't care about anniversaries or birthdays.

       "Birdie?" Abigail saw Reid when she entered the large conference room the PD referred to as the box.

        "Hey, Spencer."

Spencer confused and a bit concerned asked, "What are you doing here?"

       "Work." She walked up to him as she scanned the board. "What you got?"

       "Are you on this case?" He had heard from Hotch that she would be back in a week or so. He knew there was a chance of running into Abigail but for her to be in the precinct it seemed like the universe was giving him a break.

         "That is confidential, however, I am using my badge to get access to the profile."

           "Your badge?" Spencer looked around to see Detective Kim standing in the doorway.

            "Yeah, I have a federally issued one, instead of the state seal."

             "Climbing the ladder I see."

               "You're just jealous I get paid more."

Spencer was confused by the tone between the two, it was too saturate for them to be just friends. Did they have a history? It might not be as surprising seeing how pretty Abigail was. Spencer delivered the profile he had roughly constructed to Abigail, but it was kind of difficult for him to focus on. Abigail had thrown him off the loop, she wore jeans that hugged her curves and a shirt that rose to reveal her stomach every time she readjusted her arms. Her hair was still up in her classic high ponytail but she looked relaxed and at home.

         "Thank you, Spencer." Her hand grazed his shoulder before she turned, making her way to the door.

          "Where are you going?"

She stopped to look at him. "I have to go back to work." A flirty smile he had become accustomed to spreading across her face. "Why you miss me?"

More than he was willing to admit. "Well, Morgan has been picking on me more since you've been gone."

         "That's because I'm not there to protect you."

          "Obviously."

She laughed lightly before continuing towards the door."Take care, I'll call if I find anything before you."

           "Be safe."

             "Of course." She did not turn around and instead made a beeline for her friend's office. Kim was sitting on his desk with his phone in one hand and manila folder in the other. She knocked on the frame of the door to catch his attention.

        "Headed out?"

Abigail stepped into the office, it was neater than most though his desk was mostly clean the little coffee table in the corner looked like it was made of paper. You could not see the good surface only the legs. "Yeah, I got what I needed."

        "You know Reid?"

         "We work together."

She shook his head, a teasing grin forming on his round features.
         "You transferred to the FBI, that's a pay cut."

          "Greg Kim, if you want to work at Holmes I can put in a few calls."

It had always been an option for him, he was an amazing detective, he knew what to look for and was an excellent leader. The Holmes Company would be lucky to have him, he bitched about government pay but never did anything to change it.

           "I like my job."

          "But you always bitch about your paycheck." Her thoughts left her brain and flew out her mouth, a filter was not something Abigail Rossi had been born with.

         "That is why you buy me dinner."

         "Of course, can't hurt the pockets of the public servant."

He set his phone on top of the folder in his lap, giving her his attention. "Would you like to catch dinner while you're in town?"

        "I would love that." She could not tell whether or not he was attempting to secretly ask if they could hook up whilst she was in the town of if he genuinely wanted to hang out. They knew each other before he got his detective job, once he did they decided it would be best if they kept their relationship as professional "How about we catch this fucker and set a date."

      "I'm thinking Mexican like usual."

       "You're driving me home then because if we're going to Barbos I want margaritas." He laughed at her comment knowing full well Abigail could out drink him. "I have to go."

         "It was great to see you."

         "You'll be seeing more of me later."

         "I'll count on it."

She left the precinct with a smile on her face, Greg Kim knew how to make even the most stressful days a bit more relaxed. She had been back two days and there was already another body she had to deal with. It was ridiculous, the universe was against her because not only was there a series of fanatic supernatural killings but the BAU had been called in. It seemed she was going to have to wait until the BAU vacated before she could get her hands on the perp. Which also meant a delay in her paycheck. She unlocked the black SUV before sliding into the driver's seat.

She rang her LA team up when the dial tone clicked she started speaking, "Hey, I sent you all the photos and the recording of what I got."

There was a bit of shuffling on the line as Abigail cranked her car.

          "Four other victims." The voice of Patric Allis her team's technical analysis.

        "I guess there was another one last night." Holden's voice came through the phone.

Abigail hooked her phone into the phone holder on the dash. "Do the girls have anything in common?" She looked around her before backing out of her parking spot.

            "Give me ten minutes."

              "Hey B," Abigail smirked when she heard the voice through the phone.

              "Jane."

               "Are you coming to the party on Saturday?"

Abigail glanced at her phone before returning her gaze to the busy road. "Party?" Abigail shook her head. "Why am I hearing about this now?"

        "Babe you're an animal when you're drunk." Holden snickered over the phone.

Abigail gasped, giggling at her friend's comment. "Honey you know you love it."

           "Christ can you two stop flirting for two seconds!" Abigail let out a loud laugh as the voice of their resident Genius snapped through her phone.

             "Kat that's my wife."

              "Not legally, your marriage is fake."

               "Still a marriage, whether it's for show or not."

                "All of you shut up." Patric clears his throat to gain the attention of his teammates. "All of these girls are obsessed with Dante." 

                "The rocker?"

                 "Yeah but he doesn't fit the profile."

               "Then there is probably a partner." Abigail drummed her fingers on her steering wheel as she thought. "Patric look into the girl's lives, is there any way you can hack into Ella's laptop?"

               "I already have it."

               "Look frequented sites anything that could connect her to these other girls." They had to have crossed paths at some point. If they were obsessed then they would go through great lengths as super fans. "While you're at it see what you can dig into the Valse financial records. Any blackmail is good mail."

            "On it."

             "Look into anyone they may have talked to." holden's voice came through her phone and she nodded even though no one could see her.

                "Holden is right, all of these girls were roughly the same age, they would have frequented the same websites talked to the same people."

              "ok, there is a chat from Ella. They agreed to meet up and go to a concert two weeks before Maria Sanchez died." Patric made a weird sound as she assumed he was reading the girl's messages. "Last person she talked to online."

            "track them."

              "Two seconds, profile-firewall software and got it." Abigail smiled to herself, Patric had a habit of narrortating his work. She never knew if it was for himself or others. "Gina Delive."

                "Gina, wasn't that the name of the last victims' best friend?"

A moment of silence before Patric answered her, "Well, she's under Gina's online BFF list."

            "Can you hack Gina's account?" Jane asked which cause Patric to scoff almost offended.

              "Of course, it will take a hot second though."

             "Can you get me her address?" Abigail pulled off the two-way rode into a parking lot, she could fo interview the girl. The sonner they got their hands on this fucker the soon Abigail could take her money and call it a day.

             "Yeah, that's in the PD servers."

              "Send it to me." Abigail took her phone off the holder as she waited for the adress. "I'll go talk to her."

            "You got it."

             "B you want back up?" Holden asked.

Abigail shook her head as she put in her new location. "I think it will be fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 903 37
destiny is a strange thing, the universe has had your steps planned since you were created. Fate lead me here, lead me to Emily. My fate is made in t...
223K 5.5K 36
"Oh shit, I'm so sorry, please let me help you with that" a lanky man with curly hair and a cut jaw said, who now joined her on the floor, helping co...
3.7K 122 20
The BAU is filled with special souls who work hard and also members who try harder. For some it is natural and others prefer to do their work on thei...
77.8K 1.8K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...