Eggs with Wings? | {E.Aster B...

By Artsyrogue

The battlefield was never kind for you and your brother, and protecting The Lunanoff family was the only obje... More

Welcome!
Prologue: Recurring Nightmares
Chapter 1: New Friends
Chapter 2: A New Guardian
Chapter 3: Childish Bickering
Chapter 4: Sleigh Ride
Chapter 5: Tooth Heist
Chapter 6: Book-aholic
Chapter 7: Collecting
Chapter 8: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 9: Nightmares Attack
Chapter 10: Stories to be Told
Chapter 11: Take the Shot
Chapter 12: Hospital Visit
Chapter 13: Taking Flight
Chapter 14: Easter is more Important
Chapter 15: Easter Holidays
Chapter 16: Under the Bed
Chapter 17: Golden Eyes
Chapter 18: A Dragon and a Nightmare
Chapter 20: Short Visit
Chapter 21: Conversationalist
Chapter 22: Lovesick
Answering Some Common Comments!
Chapter 23: Ballroom Dancing
Chapter 24: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 25: Forgottten Memories
Chapter 26: Meanwhile....
Chapter 27: Chaos Ensues
Chapter 28: He Believes
Chapter 29: A Pair of Shadows
Chapter 30: Gather the Children
Chapter 31: Loss of Control
Chapter 32: Joined Together
Chapter 33: Reunited At Last
Chapter 34: Witnessing Destruction
Chapter 35: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 36: Instrumental Melodies
Chapter 37: Shatter Me
Chapter 38: Cupid to the Rescue!
Chapter 39: Gifts!
Chapter 40: Festival Date!
Chapter 41: Kingdom Dance
Chapter 42: Tainted in Red
Chapter 43: Returning home
Chapter 44: Infirmary
Chapter 45: Gentle Love
Chapter 46: Deal of the Dead
Chapter 47: Dragon Games
Chapter 48: Let the Games Begin!
Chapter 49: Mirror Image
Chapter 50: Man in the Moon
Epilogue: Welcome Home
That's a Wrap
Announcement!!
Coming Soon
Journal Entry #1
Journal Entry #2
Journal Entry #3
SEQUEL IS OUT NOW!

Chapter 19: Preparations

2K 56 8
By Artsyrogue

Unedited

Word seemed to spread quite quickly. The Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, The Sandman and The Tooth Fairy no longer existed in the eyes of humans. And Harmony...Harmony was being forgotten...

Your eyes wandered over the crowds of angels that worked busily before you, each laughing and chatting as preparations went underway.

"What're they preparin' for?" Bunny asked quietly, crouching beside you. The others too, stood stood alongside your petite body, concern and worry plastered to their faces.

"The Shooting Star Festival..." you mumbled, your golden eyes widening as you remembered the day, "shit..."

They all looked to you in bewilderment, until they became rattled by your ear-piercing whistle. The skies above were filled with roars and the loud flapping of wings as Frostfang glided down, landing at your feet.

"Frost, take Nova to the palace immediately," you ordered, allowing Frostfang take the small dragon in her teeth, "make sure she is handled with utmost care."

The snow dragon bowed her for you and began to scale one of the buildings, leaping off into the skies once again, leaving your sight within seconds. You sighed and turned to the others with a smile, "The Shooting Star Festival marks the day I became Queen..."

North stood beside you proudly, "I help with zhe Decor!"

You giggled quietly, "it's true, North helps with festive Decor (half the time it ends up Christmas themed), Vanish helps me plan and the citizens put up festivities to play games with the children!"

Your enthusiastic voice made a sudden appearance as you finished, hovering off the ground slightly and twirling around until your heels hit the marble again. Smiles graced them as your grin reached their eyes, until a large stack of paperwork suddenly appeared and fell into your arms.

Confusion. Confusion was all that was seen.

"Are you kidding me right now...?" You mumbled, "Valerie Corvich what is the meaning of this?!"

Bewildered frowns fell upon their faces as you called out into the crowd of angels. Moments passed when suddenly, a young woman who looked to be the age of fiftenn, scrambled her way through the sea of people towards you, panting and gasping for air.

"Oh dear..." you mumbled, placing the stack of paperwork onto the ground and rushing for her, "Oh Valerie, are you alright...?"

"P-Perfectly fine your Highness!" She said, adjusting her glasses. Her hair was a stunning array or curly braids that tied into a messy bun, the blonde colour shimmering in the sunlight. A light blue turtle-neck sweater hugged against her warm skin, allowing her wings to move freely.

"What is this paperwork about, Miss Corvich?" You asked, your soothing motherly voice calming her, "did something happen while I was away?"

She quickly straightened out her sweater and fixed her belt, "Oh no, no, no, no, no! They are merely letters and documents from the public asking about the festival and whether or not you were alright."

You sighed, snapping your fingers and letting the stack of paperwork disappear. "Thank you for your time Valerie, you may resume your duties."

She smiled and began to fly off, oly to immediately spin back around, "it is currently afternoon my Queen, the Ball begin's later this evening. And good news is that the Princess is in full health, no more casts, crutches or stitches! She's currently awaiting your arrival in the throne room!" She explained, flying back off into the clouds.

"(Y/N)? What was that all about?" Tooth asked, hovering beside you, "there's a Ball?"

You were screaming, internally that is. You couldn't believe you'd forgotten the most important day in this entire universe! You groaned in disappointment, when a hand intertwined with your own. Bunny stood beside you in a concerned manner, oblivious to the fact Tooth and North were snickering behind him.

"Aye sheila...you forgot didn'tcha...?" He said, his paw gripping your delicate glove.

"The festival is tomorrow, the Ball is tonight..." you began, your hand leaving Bunny's as you paced back and forth, "if I allow Rogue to work with music and Addison to work with food...then Jack and I'll-"

The three exchanged sad glances as you sighed, crossing your arms over your chest and fiddling with your gloves. "Sorry...I just-"

"Mate...ya can't do this alone..." Bunny said, spinning you around to face him, "ya've risked yer life to help us, I think it's high time we help you."

You blinked in surprise. They wanted to help you? No, no, no. That can't be right... But then again, you might just be paranoid. You sighed once more, staring back up into his gorgeous, bright...emerald eyes... Your heart was racing and your skin felt warm. Mentally slapping yourself, you smiled,

"let's do this!"

________________________________

It's been about half an hour now. Half an hour of chatting between the four of you, well, except the fact Bunny decided to remain silent as he hopped along behind.

Sadness ran through him. Easter...it was gone. But that's not the worst part, the worst part being the fact that you are constantly risking your life! Every time he looks at you, he can't bear to imagine what it would be like if you weren't there. It was heartbreaking... He watched silently as you, North and Tooth chatted, wishing desperately to just finally have the guts to hold you in his arms. It was a strange feeling...

He knew the truth beneath your angelic smile. Really, your heart was broken, it was as cold as ice. Hundreds and thousands years worth of trauma was bottled up inside of you, and he was willing to help, willing to mend your heart, willing to heal...

"We're here!"

Gates stood tall before you, those same dragons encrusted with heavenly jewels staring down at your petite body. Quickly, yourself and the others made your way inside, only stopping as the baby dragons scampered past chasing butterflies! You awed, reminiscing the days when Nova was but a baby. You giggled to yourself and strode up the stairs and into the same corridor the others knew quite well now.

Yet as you walked, you glided your hand along the wall, the texture of paint soothing you as you stared at the stars painted on. The others seemed to notice that you stuck to the side in which was decorated with the heavenly night sky, the moon seeming almost real. It seemed to differ from your bright and happy personality, yet they recieved a calming sensation from your smile. They shrugged it off and followed on, Bunny walking beside you.

Though, it seemed that the four of you arrived sooner than anticipated as you came to the doors. The throne room was filled with a stunning glow, such beautiful hues that gave off warmth. Your eyes widened in amazement as you strode inside; golden fairy lights were strung across the ceiling connecting and hanging from the chandelier, the windows to the balconies were wide open for the first time in forever, letting cool air waft through!

But the best part? The best part was that the ceiling was no longer a solid white, but crystal like glass! You stared into the sky, imagining what it will be like to literally dance beneath the stars.

"Oh my...wow..." you mumbled, twirling around as you took the sight in, "this is...this is perfect..."

The others seemed to be stuck in trances too; North stood and admired the skies, wondering how the sleigh would look roaring past. Tooth was in utter love with the fairy lights! Loving how they glowed upon her luminescent violet orbs. The three of you were stuck in a daydream, you were so far in you didn't even realise Bunny was staring at you, admiration and amazement filling his eyes.

"Mom!"

Your feet touched the ground and swivelled around to face Rogue, her warm smile cheering you up. Her once long auburn hair was tied back into a low bun and her body was hugged by her natural astronomic themed dress.

"Welcome home! We have all the decorations set up, all left to do is to be fitted for our dresses!" She squealed happily, "your dress fitting is in half an hour and Jack's is- hey... where's Jackie?"

Your shoulders slumped at her sudden question and you bit your lip sadly, deciding whether or not to lie..,

"Mom? Where is Jack...?"

"He's-"

"Gone..." North interrupted, "Jack is gone..."

"He almost got your mother killed Rogue..." Tooth added, "we don't know where your brother is..."

"W-what...?" She said, "No...Jack wouldn't do that!" Her body trembled slightly as she gripped her clipboard in her hands, "Sure Jack's a prankster! But-"

"It's not his fault."

They all looked to you in confusion, your once confident stature disappearing beneath their gaze. You fiddled with the hem of your gloves, paranoia taking over.

"He was lured by a little girls voice," you began, "we followed it until we reached an old bedframe in the woods, leading to Pitch's Lair..."

"And? How did he potentially get you killed?!"Rogue begged, stomping her heel against the cold marble in confusion and anger.

You sighed, "the child's voice came from his memories, he was so desperate to find them though he has forgotten whom the voice belonged too," you slowly trudged up the stairway and sat upon your throne, you crown appearing atop your head, "turns out Pitch had his memories and we began the chase...until Kozmo- I mean Pitch, teleported me into the tunnels...where I was attacked."

Silence. That's all there was for a few moments.

"You saw what happened to Easter..." Bunny spoke, his paws tightening around the boomerangs, "I-I knew I heard screams..."

"I tried so damn hard to fight the nightmares off," you continued, holding your sword out and inspecting the black sand that coated the blade, "I successfully got rid of some, but there were more and more...I ran."

"That's when you found Jack..." Tooth said, earning a small nod from you.

"And your eyes...?" Rogue asked, pointing to your golden orbs, "what happened to you...all of you...?"

"Hope, Memories, Wonder, Dreams..." North began, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and holding her small hands

"Everything is gone..." Bunny and Tooth finished, sadness and disappointment wafting through the chilled air.

"B-But what about Harmony!?" She screamed, her fists curled into tight balls, "maybe that can save us! Maybe it'll fix this mess!"

Her stuttering was all over the place as she rambled on, a few sobs here and there as she held onto North.

You sighed, standing to your feet and sliding your sword back into it's sheath.

"Harmony is weak on it's own... I fear there is no way out of this mess..."

________________________________
Phew! Hello again everyone! I luckily managed to squeeze out a chapter cause exams are boring af-

And I know alot of you are in Quarantine right now, so I want to publish more chapters to keep you entertained!

I'm not in lock down yet, but we have been told we need to start social distancing... But, my school might be completely shut by this Wednesday, it's currently Monday here.

So, I just wanted to publish something! And I'll try to publish more and more soon!

Stay safe and wash your hands!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 1.8K 11
Before Jack Frost and even before the 4 Legendary Guardians & Pitch, there was the first guardian made my Manny; her name, Angela. She fought the boo...
481K 15.6K 53
❄ Born out of twigs and leaves she had to stop her worst enemy. Follow her story together with her fellow guardian friends at a big adventure. We hum...
53.4K 1K 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...
11.9K 420 13
"This is outrageous! How dare Pitch try something like that!" North roared. Jack Frost flinched slightly at the outburst. "And with me tied up here...