Star Wars: The Forgotten Stud...

By AJstoriesXD

"Trust is a two way bond. How can I trust those who don't trust me?" The young Jedi Knight, Delta Nova, dedi... More

Authors note:)
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
BOOK TWO ANNOUNCEMENT

3.

3.4K 59 10
By AJstoriesXD

This was the day I had been waiting for, for years. All of my training had lead to this moment. The day before the ceremony, I had spent the whole day in the Tranquility Spire, with Master Windu, meditating. This was to prepare myself and essentially cleanse my soul. On the day of the ceremony, I was summoned to the next floor of the Tranquility Spire, the Hall of Knighthood.

As I entered the darkened chamber, I began to feel the butterflies in my stomach tremble. I walked into the centre of the hall and knelt down, lowering my head in respect. Suddenly, there was a bright glow all around me, as one by one the Jedi Masters illuminated their lightsabers. Beams of green, blue and yellow surrounded me and honestly, it was quite intimidating.

Master Yoda emerged from the darkness before me, bearing his lightsaber, and recited the ancient, traditional passages. Then, very carefully, he lowered his lightsaber down just above my left shoulder, and then again on my right. I think what made my heart race the most was when he severed off my padawan braid, just behind my lower, right ear. Then, Master Yoda stepped back. I picked up the blonde, severed braid from the floor and stood up. Quietly, I bowed to the council and departed the chamber in silence.

The ceremony was much faster than I was expecting, but still an experience I will treasure forever. I walked away from that hall feeling like a new person, like I had finally accomplished something. I felt like all of my hard work, the non stop training and relentless learning had finally paid off. I couldn't wait to see what the future had in store for me. I later met with Master Windu who congratulated me and wished me good luck in my future.
"Thank you Master, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you. Truly. You taught me everything and I can not express my gratitude." I said to him.

"Delta, these past few years you have truly proved yourself and shown all the qualities of a Jedi. Your hard work and dedication has paid off. I'm proud of you." He smiled back at me.

I didn't really know how to respond, I was just so happy.

"Now go. Go and have some fun, relax or celebrate. You deserve a break." Master Windu said to me.

I bowed my head to him and walked away. I wasn't really a party, celebration person, so I went back to my sleeping quarters and simply relaxed. The thought that I was actually now a Jedi just wasn't sinking in. I didn't get much sleep that night, excitement and glee kept me awake.

The next morning felt so surreal; I didn't need to go straight to the training area or head to a lesson with Master Windu. It felt so weird waking up and actually and have a lay in, not have to wake up at the crack of dawn. I dragged myself out of bed and did my daily morning meditation and prepped myself for the day ahead. I was planning to see my brother and catch up with him.

As I sorted my hair out in the mirror, the blonde tuft  of hair, from which my padawan braid was severed, stuck out like a thorn. I no longer had to try to perfect a tight braid in my hair every morning.

I headed out and eventually found my brother. As soon as he saw me, he came running over and gave me a tight hug.
"So how did the ceremony go?" Markcol asked, as our hug ended.

"It was fine, all went perfectly. I was incredibly nervous though."

"Haha, I was nervous too, but the feeling of fulfilment will stay with you forever." He smiled at me.

I went to say something but I was interrupted by familiar voice.
"Ah, just the two people I was looking for."

My brother and I turned around to see Master Windu walking towards us.
"I have a job for you two."

I was shocked to have been put on a 'mission' so soon after becoming a Jedi.

"What is it, Master?" Markcol asked.

"Nothing too major." Windu began.
"There's a couple of youths messing about with homemade, possible hazardous, droids just outside the city.  I was wondering if you could go and check it out, make sure there's not too much trouble being caused."

"Yes. We'll be happy to." My brother said, glancing at me.

And so, my brother and I went on our first assignment. I won't bore you with the details and it really was nothing too exciting or major. It was more about the thought of going on more missions and assignments with Markcol. Working alongside him and fighting by his side.

———————————————————————————
The next two years went flew by, and everyday as a Jedi, my connection with the force grew stronger. I was also getting incredibly good at wielding my green lightsaber and was a very strong fighter. The connection between my brother and I grew continuously stronger too, we never left each others side and we always had each other's back.

But that all changed.

There was one day where we were assigned to a mission on Kashyyyk. There had been reports of a Separatist base being set up and Wookiees being attacked. Markcol and I were asked to go and check it out.

So we did. We travelled to Kashyyyk and sure enough, the Separatists were making themselves at home. It was just me and Markcol on this mission and we wish we had brought reinforcements.
We snuck into the base, surveying the area and gathering intelligence. We managed to find a control room, with multiple panels and Keypads. However, we were spotted and caught. Quickly, we became surrounded by battle droids. We put up a good fight and took out as many as we could.

But then, out of no where, a more powerful droid, painted red from head to toe arrived. It had a blaster and did not hesitate to use it. Even with the force on our side, she was incredibly strong. Every time I tried to strike, she would parry my attack as if they were nothing. It was almost impossible to deflect the rate of fire from her blaster. At one point, it kicked me in the stomach, sending me flying backwards and causing my head to go dizzy.

I tried to refocus my vision and stumbled to my feet. I could see the blurry shapes of my brother fighting and flashes of his green lightsaber. I shook my head as I regained my sight and stood up, lightsaber in hand. What happened next haunted me and replays in my mind almost every day.

I saw the whole thing happen in slow motion. The Red fighter grabbed Markcol tightly by the throat and lifted him up off the ground. He dropped his lightsaber as he squirmed and struggled in it's grasp. I just froze. I couldn't move. It was like I hadn't spent my whole life training for moments like this. Then, it pushed the barrel of her blaster up to his chest and pulled the trigger.

The red beam went straight through him and his body fell limp. The droid dropped my brothers body like it was worthless. And that's when I snapped out of it. I felt rage and anger sore through every bone, muscle and vein in my body. I had never felt this feeling before.

I gripped the hilt of my lightsaber firmly with both of my hands and lunged towards this Red Devil. I drove the blade directly through it's armoured chest plate. It fell to it's knees and I towered over it. I withdrew the blade and let the wretched heap of metal collapse down.

I turned around to see my brother laying on the floor, lifeless. A singed, fresh hole through his chest. I fell to my knees beside him and cradled him in my arms. Tears fell from my eyes like waterfalls and I cried out in pain. I held Markcol, my brother, my best friend, my ally, in my arms. Dead. There's was nothing I could do.

Suddenly, I sensed more battle droids closing in on me, they were close. I had to get off of the planet. Markcol's lightsaber was by his side, I picked it up and attached it to my belt. My vision was clouded with tears but I knew if I didn't move fast, I'd soon be dead too.

I scooped my arms under Markcol shoulders and tried to drag him backwards out of the control room. But it was no use, I tripped and fell back onto the ground.

I knew I had to make a decision, escape to the ship now, alone and survive. Or try to bring Markcol with me and more than likely end up like him. My head was a mess and my thoughts were running wild. If I was to try and bring him with me, I wouldn't reach the ship in time. But I didn't want to just leave him there.

So leant down and stroked his cheek,
"I'm sorry, Markcol." I whispered through a blanket of tears.

I sensed the enemy getting closer and closer. I really had to get going. I stood up from my bothers side and wiped my cheeks. Making a run for it, I headed back to the ship. As soon as I touched the ship doors, red blaster beams began to fly at me. I clambered into the pilots chair and started the engine. As soon as I left the atmosphere, I jumped to light speed and flew back to Coruscant.

I hated myself for leaving my brother there. But I couldn't bare the thought of ending up like him. Sadness and sorrow filled my heart and I had no words to describe the emptiness inside of me.

Markcol was dead.

A/n
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed.
Happy for any feedback or constructive criticism. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 2.2K 121
To be read as the tenth and final book in the series. It all comes down to this. It's been a year and a half since Ahsoka Tano lost her memories to t...
302 40 11
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away Jedi padawan Aayla Moon fights her way to a place in the Jedi Order, hoping to become a Knight some day. W...
54.8K 945 12
Y/n left the Jedi Order at 19 to be with her family in Alderaan in hopes of a somewhat normal life, not wanting to be involved with the Clone Wars an...