My Complicated Life! (AU Harr...

Por sassygirl93

Eva Jackson was that one girl in high school everyone knows about. Nearly all of them thought she was the coo... Más

My Complicated Life! (AU Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 37
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 66:
Chapter 67:
Chapter 68:
Chapter 69:
Chapter 70:
Chapter 71:
Chapter 72:
Chapter 73:
Chapter 74:
Chapter 75
Chapter 76:
Chapter 77:
Chapter 78
Chapter 79:
Epilogue:

Chapter 36

21.8K 405 127
Por sassygirl93

Eva's POV

Awkward silence… Sitting at the dinner table with Emily and Isaac is nothing but awkward silence. Sure Harry is sitting directly in front of me, but his presence isn't helping the awkwardness. Isaac tried to keep the conversation going during dinner, but the conversation mostly consisted of him talking. We all finished dinner, we're now waiting for someone to break the silence.

“I guess I should start.”  Emily tries to say confidently, but her voice is shaky. I look up at Harry and he gives me a small smile, I take and deep breath and keep my focus on Harry. Harry and I had lunch earlier and he told me to focus on him when I get uncomfortable. I give him a small smile while I wait for Emily to start talking.

“Eva, I want to sincerely apologize for yesterday and how I worded things.” I turn to my right and see Emily staring at me with slightly watery eyes.

“I never meant to imply-- you're a whore or anything like that.” She stares into my eyes, I look down, and back up to Harry.

“Everything came out wrong and I'm so sorry.” A single tear falls out of her eye.

“We know you are both eighteen, dating, live under the same roof, and we know how tempting that can be.” Isaac grabs mine and Harry’s attention.

“You're dating and your rooms are right across the hall from each other—we were teenagers once—“ Isaac trails off, I feel my cheeks heat up.

“Dadddd.” Harry groans, I let out a small giggle, and he playfully glares at me.

“We aren't stupid we know you will do things—“oh dear god.

“We just don't want you taking advantage of the fact that you live together.”

“I really don't want any grandchildren anytime soon.” Emily speaks up.

“I don't intend on having kids anytime soon Mum.” Harry tells her.

“I don't want to repeat my biological parent’s mistakes.” I whisper, Harry gives me a sympathetic look.

“I'm glad we are on the same page—just stay in your own rooms and keep the door open if you’re hanging out watching telly or a movie in your rooms or in the movie room.” Isaac smiles.

"Ok." Harry and I say at the same time.

"I really am sorry for how I said things yesterday.” Emily places her hand on top of mine.

“You're forgiven.” I shoot her a small smile.

“Thank you.” She stands up, walks over to me, and pulls me up in to a hug. I hug her back and feel two more pairs of arms wrap around Emily and myself.

“Group hug.” Harry says into my ear, sending chills down my spine. Everyone pulls away and Harry keeps a hand on my lower back.

“Well I don't know about Eva but I have homework to do.” Harry smiles at his parents, they all look at me.

“I have scholarship essays to write.” I shrug.

“That's cool. If you need help let me know and I can help” Emily offers.

“Okay, thanks.” I smile and turn to grab my plate, but Emily tells me she will get it. Harry and I walk out of the dining room and over to the stairs. When we get the bottom of the stairs he throws me over his shoulders.

“Harry put me down.” I hit his butt with my good hand.

“Why would I do that?” He tightens his grip around my legs.

“Because—“ I trail off not knowing what to say.

“That's convincing.” Harry laughs as he reaches the top of the stairs.

“Don't you have homework to do?” I ask him as he walks to my room.

“Yes, but it can wait.” He slaps my butt, I squeal, and we both laugh. He opens my door and walks to my bed and slings me back onto my bed. He throws his body down next to mine.

“Hi.” He turns his head and smiles.

“Hi weirdo.” I giggle, he smiles wider, leans in closer, and presses his lips softly against mine. It's a quick kiss, but it's enough to leave my lips tingling.

“What was that for?” I ask softly, he shrugs his shoulders.

“I don't know. Dinner went well, well once my mum started talking.” He turns so he is leaning on his elbow.

“You do know I don't want to rush into anything right?” I avoid eye contact as I spoke.

“Hey, look at me.” He places his hand on my cheek, making me look at him.

“I don't want to rush anything either, and I would never pressure you into doing something you don't want to.” He replies sternly.

“Thanks.” I smile, he nods, kisses the top of my nose, before siting up. I sit up with him and he lifts his hand to play with the tips of my hair. He is barely touching me and my whole body is tingling.

“What is your essay about?” He asks while he continues to play with my hair.

“I'm not really sure, but I'm thinking it's going to be about what I've been through in my life. from foster homes, to here, to finding Liam.” I shrug.

“I think if I show what I've been through and how I don't let it define me—“ I don't know how to explain it.

“I get it. I bet it will be perfect. Any school would be lucky to have you. If you need any help let me know.”

“Okay I will.” I smile.

“So Eva, what do you want to be when you grow up?” Harry deepens his voice (I didn’t think it was possible).

“I'm not really sure if I'm being honest. The business world has always interested me.” I say more to myself.

“I mean I plan on majoring in business, so I can have different options for work when I graduate.” I add.

“Smart girl.” He pinches me cheek, I roll my eyes, and gently push at his chest.

“What about you?” I ask him.

“I'm hoping to follow in my dad's footsteps so I will also be majoring in business.”

“I didn't know you wanted to follow his footsteps.”

“Yeah, good money, and I find it all interesting—always have.” He smiles.

“Hey, maybe we will go to the same university.” He grins widely.

“Yeah, who knows.” I smile at the idea.

“Even though I like sitting here with you, I should go do my homework. I will see you in the morning.” He smiles as he presses a kiss to the corner of my mouth, I turn my head so our lips connect. He smiles against my lips, grabs my cheek, and pulls me closer. Our lips move perfectly together (I'm sure everyone thinks that when they kiss someone they are dating) but I pull away before things get heated. His lips leave me breathless no matter how we kiss. He rests his forehead against mine while catching his breath.

“You literally take my breath away.” He whispers, my heart swells.

“As do you.” I say breathless.

"Goodnight my love.” He gives me a quick peck before getting off my bed.

“Goodnight Harry.” I give him a smile, he nods, and leaves my room closing the door behind him. I take a few deep breaths before getting my school stuff and start writing the rough draft of my essay.

---

“Are you okay?” Harry asks as we pull into Liam's driveway. This week went by so quickly! It's already Saturday afternoon and Harry and I are getting ready to meet Liam and Elise's family. I'm getting ready to meet the people that forced Liam to give up his rights to me eighteen years ago.

"As okay as I can be.” I reply honestly.

“You look beautiful.” Harry turns off his car and turns to face me. I'm wearing a spaghetti strap crop top, a high wasted pencil skirt that ends under my knees, I put on a sheer shawl with black embroidered flowers on it, and I'm wearing my trusty pair of black pumps.  I didn't do much with my hair and make-up. My hair is straight and my make-up is pretty simple. I don't want to look over done, since it's the middle of the day. I wouldn't have dressed up this nice if it wasn't for Liam texting me yesterday telling me to dress nice-ish (his words).

“Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself.” I force myself to smile. I'm so freaking nervous.

Harry is wearing his typical black skinny jeans, with a deep blue button up, a black trench coat, and his hair is slightly pushed back out of his face. (Picture on sidebar is how I picture them)

"Thanks love.” He reaches over and squeezes my thigh.

“We should go in.” Harry slowly gets out of the car and walks over to my side, he opens my door, and waits for me to unbuckle my seatbelt.

“Can we just go back home?” I look up at him with puppy dog eyes.

“We don't have to stay long.” He smiles.

“I don't want to stay at all.” I mumble.

“I know, but we are here and we shouldn't back out now.” He is clearly trying to do the right thing, even though I know he wants to be anywhere but here. I sigh and unbuckle my seatbelt and place my hand in his, and he helps me out of his car.

“I won't leave your side, I promise.” Harry whispers in my ear as he rings the doorbell. I grab his hand and he gives it a small squeeze.

“I'm holding you to that.” As soon as I tell him that Liam opens the door with Lydia propped on his hip.

“EVA!” She screams happily. She pushes away from Liam and he hands her to me. Harry let's go of my hand, so I can hold her (not easy with one arm.)

“Hi gorgeous.” I kiss her cheek, she squeals and wraps her arms around my neck.

"Who is he?" She tries to whisper, but fails.

“That's Harry.” I don't know how to explain to a two year he is my boyfriend.

“Hi, what's your name?” Harry asks her, she nuzzles her face in my hair.

“Lydia.” She tells him, while hiding in my hair.

“That's a pretty name.” He smiles at her, she giggles and looks up at him.

“Come on in.” Liam steps aside, Harry places his hand in my lower back and gently pushes me in before following me.

“Come on Lydia get down.” Liam takes her from me, she whines until she sees Louis.

“Uncle Louis.” She squeals and wobbles to him.

“LYDIA.” He shouts dramatically, I roll me eyes, but smile at the interaction.

“That's Elise's brother.” Liam tells Harry.

“Before I introduce you to everyone—I would like to talk to Harry and Elise would like to talk to you.” Liam tells me. Harry and I both tense. I look up at Harry and he smiles and nods.

“Okay.” I reply still looking at Harry.

“Eva, Elise is upstairs in the first room on the right.” Liam smiles.

“Harry, come with me.” Liam points to an office. I look at Harry and he nods for me to go. I sigh and head upstairs. So much for Harry always being by my side. I follow Liam's directions and knock the door.

“I didn't think you'd come.” Elise greets, she steps aside and lets me walk in.

“Come sit.” She points to two chairs placed in front of a window, she sits in one and I sit in the other.

“I know we got off on the wrong foot, mostly my fault, but I want to try and make it right.” She looks exhausted, it doesn't look like she's gotten much sleep.

“I want to apologize for coming on to strong-- I was so excited we finally found you and that you knew, so I just wanted us to live happily ever after,” she laughs softly.

“I should've given you time to process everything before asking you to move in.” Her eyes are full of regret.

“We all handled things wrong.” I shouldn't have overreacted that night. She smiles at me knowing I won't hold it against her anymore.

“I also want to apologize for the other night. I was scared and my attitude towards you was unnecessary.”

“No need to apologize, I understand.” I assure her.

“I still feel bad, you watched the girls for a while and I acted like I didn't appreciate it when I did.” I'm not sure what to say or how to act right now.

“It's really okay. You got some bad news, so I understand.”

“Yeah, it wasn't a good day.” She chuckles half- heartily.

“Can I ask you a really big favor even though I have no right too?” She asks.

“Y-yeah.” I stutter nervously.

“If I don't survive this can you please look out for Liam and the girls? The girls absolutely adore you and Liam wants nothing more than a relationship with you.” Shit she is crying.

“You will survive this-- don't talk like that.”

“Liam thinks I will be fine, but from what the doctor’s say—the odds are against me Eva.” Her hands are shaking.

“Can you just promise me you will try and be there for Liam and the girls?” She grabs my hands.

“Yeah I will try.” I tell her, she cries out happily and pulls me into her chest.

“Thank you, I have a feeling they're going to need you.” She hugs me tightly, I hug her back.

Harry's POV

“She will be fine.” Liam says as he closes the office door.

“So will you.” He adds with a laugh.

“What do you want to talk to me about?” I ask him.

“Do you love her—truly love her?” He asks me.

“I wouldn't lie about that.” I tell him sternly.

“I don't want to fight Harry.  I want to start fresh with you.” He what?

“Eva loves you—I can see it in her eyes when you're around and when you’re mentioned.” He sits in an ugly brown leather chair. I sit in a black leather chair a few feet in front of him (it's not as ugly).

“I don't understand what this conversation is about.” I need to make sure she is okay.

“I want a fresh start. We got off on the wrong foot and I don't want to jeopardize my relationship with her because we don't get along.” He rubs the back of his neck.

“So you only want to get along with me for her sake?” He starts to respond but I cut him off.

“I can respect that.”

“We don't have to like each other, but if we can get along for her sake—“ he trails off.

“Fine, but if you hurt her I will hurt you.” I threaten him, he looks taken back at first, but then chuckles.

“You're dating my daughter yet you're threatening me about hurting her.” He laughs. Yeah that is weird, but it is what it is. I shrug and look at him with a straight face.

“So truths?” He holds out his hand, I sigh and shake his hand. He better not make me regret this…

Eva's POV

“Good?” Harry asks as soon as he sees me. He is walking out of Liam’s office as I’m walking downstairs.

“Yeah, you?” I whisper, I really want to ask him what Liam wanted to talk to him about, but I know now is not the time.

“Yupp.” He pops the ‘p’.

“Are you ready to meet everyone?” Liam asks hesitantly. I reach for Harry's hand and grip it tightly and nod.

“Come on.” He wraps his arm around Elise and leads us to the living room.

“Breathe baby, I can't feel my hand.” Harry kisses my temple.

“Sorry.” I loosen my grip.

“It's okay, just breathe.” He whispers.

“Can I finally say hello?” Louis asks Liam, Liam laughs and nods. Louis rushes over to my side and pulls me into a hug, causing me to let go of Harry's hand.

“Hi Louis.” I laugh.

“Hiya babe.” He pulls back and looks over at Harry.

“You must be Harry.” Louis looks him up and down, I can’t read Harry’s expression to tell what he is thinking. I really hope he is nice to Louis, I like Louis from what I know of him.

“Yes I am, nice to meet you.” Harry holds his hand out, I sigh in relief.

“Yeah sure—you too.” Louis briefly shakes his hand, Harry intertwines his fingers through mine, and we stand with Louis while Liam goes to find his parents.

“Are you ready to meet the Payne’s?” Louis asks.

“Not really.” I mutter under my breath, I know he heard me, because he starts laughing.

“Yeah I’m not really a fan of them.” He snickers.

“How come?” Harry speaks up.

“There are typical snobby rich people who think they are above everyone.” Louis explains as Eleanor walks up behind him.

“Hi Eva, how are you? How’s the wrist?” She stands next to Louis.

“I’m good and the wrist is getting better.” I smile.

“That’s good. Oh I’m sorry, I’m Eleanor—Louis’s fiancé.” She introduces herself.

“Harry, nice to meet you.” Harry smiles.

“You don’t have to pretend you are overly happy to meet them.” Louis whispers, I’m confused until I see Liam walking towards us with a tall skinny man with salt and pepper hair, she is also tall and skinny, she has long blonde hair (that can’t be hers). He is wearing an expensive looking suit and she is wearing a gorgeous white pant suit. I would be lying if I said they don’t intimidate me. Harry squeezes my hand, and I stand closer to him. Is it too late to go home?

“I can’t do this.” I whisper to Harry, he looks down at me concerned, he opens his mouth to say something, but Liam and his parents interrupt. I tighten my grip on Harry’s hand and move so he is slightly a step in front of me.

“Oh my gosh, you’re gorgeous.” Liam’s mom almost sounds surprised.

“Thank you?”

“Eva, these are my parents—Carl and Jolene.” Liam introduces.

“Mom—Dad, this is my daughter Eva.” Liam smiles at me, I’m so uncomfortable I don’t know what to say or do. I look up at Harry and see he is already watching me.

“You look a lot like your mother—“ Carl smiles.

“No, I see a lot of Liam.” Jolene grabs Liam’s hand.

“Who are you?” Carl points to Harry. Harry must be tired of hearing that question.

“I’m Harry—Eva’s boyfriend.” He says confidently.

“Oh—ummm that’s nice.” Carl forces a smile on his face.

“We’re so glad you decided to come today, we’ve been waiting ages to meet you.” Jolene smiles, I don’t say anything I just give her a small (very small) smile.

“Do you speak?” Carl laughs, Harry and I tense, and Liam notices.

“Dad, she doesn’t know anything about you other than you making me sign my rights away.” Liam says calmly, but I can hear the resentment in his voice.

“I thought we were past that.” Jolene rolls her eyes.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get past that.” Liam looks me straight in the eyes, he offers me a small smile, but I don’t say or do anything in response.

“Eva you’re not holding that against us are you?” Jolene puts me on the spot. How am I supposed to answer that? Do I answer honestly or do I lie? I look at Harry and he looks pissed, so I look to Liam. He looks dumbfounded that his mom is putting me on the spot like this.

“Well?” Jolene pushes.

A/N: Yes I know you are all hating on me right now, but I had to stop it here! I hope you all liked this chapter!

What do you think of Liam and Harry’s talk?

What do you think about Elise and Eva’s talk?

Comment and let me know what you think!

No voting goal for this chapter, I will update when I finish writing the next chapter! But please still vote and comment so I know what you think! Follow me if you can :D

Allie

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

940 3 46
Harry is 16 years old, almost 17 and has to start a new school in the middle of the schoolyear. Harry has a tough time fitting in. At every school he...
32.2K 809 62
Brianna Collins is just a normal teenager. Is she? No. Her college life was miserable. Her life is the one teenagers never wanted. Being bullied all...
14.7K 561 20
The thing is, Louis was a worrier. He always had been and probably always would be. With his past, it was kind of inevitable. He worried about everyt...
510K 14.5K 20
Harry Styles was depressed. No one would bother to mess with him, they were all too afraid. He was really tough, I guess you can say he was a "bad bo...