The Art of Warren

By b00klover09

He was a mosaic, composed of broken pieces. She was an unfinished art project. ******** The moon goddess en... More

•Prologue•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Two•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Twenty Seven•
•Twenty Eight•
•Twenty Nine•
•Thirty•
•Thirty One•
•Thirty Two•
•Thirty Three•
•Thirty Four•
•Thirty Five•
•Thirty Six•
•Thirty Seven•
•Thirty Eight•
•Thirty Nine•
•Forty•
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
The Art of Submission

•Six•

8K 306 38
By b00klover09

He wears the smell of blood and death,
Like perfume.
~Unknown

"They kissed. I think things are going well."

"She is scared of him and he is still going out and killing people!

"Yes and he kissed her without consent!"

"He was sleep kissing! Leave me be!" Makaria shot back at the cluster of women surrounding her and her task at hand. She had rested only a short time last night, her two projects by the name of Warren and Pomelia keeping her up.

Pomelia's emotions were strong last night. The young novice was petrified of being in such a new place with no guidance from her lug of a mate. Warren was walking on eggshells attempting to make his mate comfortable but Pomelia still wasn't.

She worried all night and eventually ended up outside, her prayers and fears being spoken out into the wind and carried up to the goddess. Makaria felt for the mortal and did something that was neither wrong or right.

A quick ball of light in the shape of a wolf she made appear in the trees that Pomelia was facing. That was her little slice of assurance that everything was going to be okay. Of course, Makaria had no idea if Pomelia and Warren would pan out to be a successful couple and if they failed, only Apollo would be able to help her. She would surely be out of the job and resort to praying upon the goddess's twin for mercy.

One thing that Makaria and the other attendants of the eternal virgin were, were expendable. She didn't want to be expendable for a mistake with a mortal pairing. Nothing beat betraying the goddess by having sexual relations. Having relations with a women was awful, but a man...unforgivable. Makaria knew she would be in between awful and unforgivable if she did not succeed in this.

War leant his weight on the warm brick wall, outside of the filthy, run down, unkempt human motel. The trip up to their location was quiet. Trent refused to come out of his room, even on Alpha's orders. Then when when he did emerge from his room he stunk of liquor and weed and maybe a few other substances War vaguely knew about.

With just War and Alpha Khan the trip was filled with silence. Alpha Khan questioned once or twice about Pomelia but that was it. War didn't mention anything about Jess, the insane she-wolf who had a thing for Alpha Khan. It seemed like they enjoyed their toxic relationship...

Deciding to not think of Alpha Khan and Jess, he focused on something more appealing. Like his mate. His dream. Her lips that were a reality. He couldn't get over the fact that he kissed those sweet lips. Or that she wasn't upset about it. That made him feel much better about where they stood...

He never thought he would have a mate and now he did and War needed to provide for her. He noticed that she only had about three or four dresses and a few under garments.

War had money. Years and years of doing 'jobs' and splitting it between Alpha Khan, the pack, and Trent had him wracking up money like it was a game. He didn't even have a bank account set up. All of his money was in a few suitcases in his closet. He would give Pomelia some and she could go get some new things...

Glancing down at his phone, he realized a new thing he needed for his mate. A phone. A sudden jolt of nerves coiled up his stomach. He left his mate with Jess. He quickly began to search through his phone for Jess's number so that he could call and assure himself everything was okay.

As soon as he was ready to press the call button, Alpha Khan appeared. "Come on I found the room number." War reluctantly slipped his phone back into his pocket before following Khan.

He had no idea how Khan managed to swipe a room key and was a little curious. By force or flirting? He knew when they called the sleazy motel a woman answered the phone...

"Alright he's in this room. We're not killing him, just restraining and delivering him to another pack. Got it?" His Alpha questioned before sliding the key into it holder and a click sounding.

The stench of blood immediately hit War as they slowly entered the small room. Everything looked normal. A small desk with a chair, hideous green carpeting and an old tv on a struggling wooden box...until his eyes hit the bed.

The white sheets were twisted every which way. The comforter was half on the floor, and splotches of blood and other matter were all over the mattress. Not to mention a needle or two on the floor.

Then they heard a noise. War carefully stepped towards the bathroom and pushed open the door. What he saw made him cringe.

A woman lying on the cold bathroom floor, barely dressed in just a dirtied bra, with scratches all over her face and stomach. The blood was coming from her bitten up thighs and her arm which had a large gaping wound. Her blonde hair was matted up and the remanence of make up was smeared on her eyelids and the side of her face.

She shook heavily as she picked at the wound in her arm, not even paying War any attention. "Shit...what the hell."

He moved out of the way so Alpha could get a good look at what he was also staring at. "Who the hell are you?" The woman questioned shakily, as she took some of the cheap tissue on the floor and patted at the wound on her arm.

"Where's Ben?" Alpha Khan questioned the woman, watching her wipe the sweat from her forehead, causing a big red streak to smear across her head.

Her eyes widened as tears gathered in the corners of them. "You know that sick bastard? Are you guys with the police or something?"

"We're apart of a Unit dealing in specialized crimes...it looks like a dog attacked you," Khan said evenly as the woman snorted placing more tissue on her wounds. It was doing absolutely nothing to soak up the vast amount of blood. Just making the wound a red clot like mess...

She cursed under her breath, before using her good hands to rub one of her temples. "It was that sicko, not a damn dog. He shot me up with some drug, fucked me then put something in my arm!"

Khan started to laugh. "The something in your arm is the needle. Sweetie you do heroin and he got you some. Why are you picking at your arm like that. We can arrest you for drug possession."

War watched the woman's mouth gape open before she spat in Alpha's direction. "Listen I know you saw the needle in there and that is heroin but he stuck me with something else. I was so out of it. He...he kept it up all night. He kept saying that I needed to be bred like the bitch I am and he would be back. I know I'm supposed to be in pain but whatever the hell he gave me doesn't make me feel anything. I feel nothing and he put something in my damn arm I just can't find it!"

Khan sighed out loud, rubbing the back of his neck and turning towards War. "Let me make a call." They exited the bathroom and closed the door, leaving the woman in their alone. War felt a little sick at how she was picking at her arm but he kept his thoughts to himself...

Khan called their client and put him on speaker. "Did you find Ben yet?"

"No instead we found a bloodied and raped human prostitute. Whoever Ben is to you fucked her all night and his scent is all over her, it matches the shirt you dropped off earlier," Khan explained to their client as War's phone suddenly binged.

Grabbing it from his pocket, he noticed it was a message from Jess. He quickly opened it and was happy to see that it wasn't a message of dire straights. Just a picture of Pomelia cooking in the kitchen and a message attached. "She's so fuckin cute and she can cook. She's a keeper.' He quickly shot back a 'I know' txt before focusing on the task at hand.

"I found it, I found it!"

The woman in the bathroom was yelling, and War walked over to it, opening the door. Her fingers were coated in dark crimson as she held something between them. It was something alright. "See look, look!"

War grabbed the bloodied item in her hand and washed it off at the sink. Without speaking to the human woman, he went straight to Alpha. "It's a tracker..she was right." It was small, and pill like.

Khan took the little pill like tracker and held it up to the light. "The crazy bitch was saying something about him putting something in her arm but we thought she was talking about heroin...but he inserted a tracker under her skin. Reese what the fuck is this dude into?"

The man on the other line sighed. Loudly. "Shit. I'll up your pay to 50K if you kill the whore and meet me tomorrow with that damn tracker device."

War knew that wasn't going to be enough. Just in the way that Khan grinned and glanced at the bathroom door. "Listen it would be different if it was a Lycan but it's a human. That's extra work and clean up, then you want me to meet you somewhere. Come on. 80k."

Trent and War usually got 10% of whatever the final price was so he would normally be bringing home 10% but since Trent wasn't there he would be getting 20%. Khan stayed with his 30% then the rest went to pack funds. "Are you kidding me, Khan?"

"No I'm not. I need the pack daycare renovated. You know pups tear up fucking everything." That was true. The couple that ran the pack's daycare fussed tirelessly for the past few weeks about getting the inside fixed up.

"Your pack...Bane pack has a day care? I think I heard of everything now. Fine, 80 but you still didn't find Ben. I'll pay you in full but you need to find him for me. Deal?"

Khan cursed under his breath and glanced at War. He shrugged, he wanted the money for Pomelia and the other half of his accumulated money he would use to build a house for them. 16,000 should be enough for his sweet mate to buy the things she wanted...

"Fine. You got a deal. I don't want the money transferred to me I want it in cash. Txt me where you want to meet me tomorrow." After saying that he hung up the phone and slipped it in his pocket. "So you want to kill her big guy?"

The woman was bloody...too bloody and he would mess up his outfit and Pomelia might see. He didn't want her to ask questions because he would answer and it would terrify her... He was glad that the poor human was going to die though, she looked as if she had been through a lot and whatever this Ben man had planned for her couldn't be ideal...

"I don't want Pomelia to see my clothes messed up," he said while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Hopefully Alpha understood...that was apparently asking for too much.

"War you kill for a living, she's going to find out eventually. Go in there and make it quick. I'm going to make some calls."

War entered the bathroom again and watched the woman. She was still sitting down but now a satisfied look was on her face. "I told you guys he put something in me. I need a damn hospital...when are you guys going to call back up. Damn," she huffed out as War shut the door. She gave him an odd look. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He began to roll up his sleeves. "No...shit don't tell me I'm about to die," she commented as he took a ponytail holder that was on his wrist and swept is hair to the back.

War might as well tell her the truth. She was too weak to get up and run. Too injured. "I am going to kill you. I'll be quick."

Her eyes widened and before she had the chance to say anything, he pounced. War made quick work of snapping her fragile neck, the sound of the spine severing with the head. He closed his eyes and listened and waited for her death to come. People automatically thought snapping or twisting someone neck killed them instantly but it took a few seconds to a few minutes for them to actually die.

Once she was really gone, he rose to his feet and washed his hands. It was pointless now, he had to get rid of the body still. He creaked open the door and noticed that Alpha Khan was near it, looking through the peep hole.

"It's done...what are you looking at?" He questioned, as he could smell the scent of wolves. He walked over to Alpha Khan and noticed that his hands were bawled into fists. "Who is it?"

"Hell if I know. Just some human snooping around. She's kinda hot. We'll wait till she fucks off the get rid of the body."

Khan walked away from the peep hole and War decided to glance at the human woman. She was taking pictures...selfies maybe? She was smiling while she posed but it didn't really match her eyes.

She didn't look like the ditzy type to aimlessly walk around taking pictures. She seemed like a middle aged human woman, tired eyes, short wavy hair, a sort of nice body...shapely. Then it looked as if she was staring directly at him, which couldn't be possible because she was just a human...

"War, I have to say something."

Glancing back at his Alpha he watched him as he twirled one of the unused needles in his hand with precision. "Yes Alpha?"

"I know you have a mate now and I'm happy for you but don't let her little sunshine non violent ideas let her impact your job, your role in this fuckin pack,"he continued as War ignored him, focusing on getting back to Pomelia and tasting her cooking. "...I know you haven't told her yet and I'll give you a few more days to tell her. We openly talk about what we do and have no shame in it. I'm not going to be walking on eggshells in my own damn home. I'm giving you time to tell her because I actually care."

War literally just got his mate. She was so soft hearted...she said she was going to give him a chance, but what would happen when she found out what he was? What kind of man he was? A killer, a taker of life, no regard for others.

His hands were so bloodied, he didn't even want to touch her pure soul. Then again, he did, he wanted her to cleanse him, but she couldn't do that. Not if he kept doing the same thing over and over again. Not if he wasn't going to stop. He couldn't stop, but he needed to keep her. He had to have her.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"I got it."

He had to dispose of the body. Blood would get on his clothes, then she would know. War would tell her...

**********

Thoughts on this chapter?

Sorry for the late update guys. I currently have like insomnia I guess, can't sleep and just bleh but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 494 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
5.6M 259K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
108K 4.6K 30
Athena, a ruthless werewolf assassin who doesn't believe in mates is sent out to do a special mission by her father, Alpha Odysseus who was cursed by...
65.3K 637 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...