Lilah

By AshlynPope

#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1: Butterflies
Chapter 2: CIA Spy
Chapter 3: Sugar
Chapter 4: Sober
Chapter 5: Nineteen
Chapter 6: Dangerous
Chapter 7: Mistake
Chapter 8: Grasshole
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Hugs
Chapter 11: Jake
Chapter 12: Destroyed
Chapter 13: Drugs
Chapter 14: Nothing
Chapter 15: Selfish
Chapter 16: Miami
Chapter 17: Childish
Chapter 18: Karma
Chapter 19: Yours
Chapter 20: Drunk
Chapter 21: Sway
Chapter 22: Enough
Chapter 23: Retaliation
Chapter 24: Amazing
Chapter 25: Stargazing
Chapter 26: Dumb
Chapter 27: Crackhead
Chapter 28: Done
Chapter 29: Reassurance
Chapter 30: Herb
Chapter 31: Party
Chapter 32: Apples
Chapter 33: Weird
Chapter 34: Baby
Chapter 35: Doctor
Chapter 36: Bud
Chapter 37: Suspicious
Chapter 38: Club
Chapter 39: Flowers
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: Scared
Chapter 42: College
Chapter 43: Jessica
Epilogue

Chapter 44: Birthday

1.2M 31.7K 173K
By AshlynPope

❀Azalea❀

After cheating my way through two tests on this lovely evening, I return to the humble abode. More like the dumpster-dorm.

That's a little dramatic. It isn't really dumpster-esque. It's actually quite nice. But it's just not home.

"We meet again," a male voice says as I make it to the elevator of my building. I turn to the guy. Towel guy. I only sigh.

I enter the elevator and he follows in it after me. I click my floor and he only stands beside me, not clicking any other floor.

I think about letting loose an air-biscuit just to suffocate him in here but unfortunately, I don't have any brewing at the moment.

"I think you and I got started off on the wrong foot, the times we have seen each other," he begins, turning toward me.

I will laugh in his face if he tells me his name is Chad.

"I'm Jake," he says and I close my eyes. Jake. His name seriously has to be Jake.

Nope, his name's not Jake, it's Jack. I'm calling him Jack.

"Nice to meet you, Jack," I watch the floor number as it stops at my floor.

"W-Well, it's Jake, but yeah, you can call me whatever beautiful," I feel his smile on the side of my face but I don't look at him.

"What is it? Jade?" I turn toward him, scrunching my eyebrows.

"Jack," he says then his eyebrows scrunch together and he shakes his head, "wait, no. My name is Jake."

"Oh," I draw out, "sorry Jack."

I laugh evilly internally. Grey would be proud of me at this moment.

I walk out of the elevator and toward my room. He follows.

"Like I said, name doesn't matter. What are you doing later?" he keeps up with my pace, walking beside me.

"Probably spending the rest of the night on Facetime with my b-word while he sits in his office doing nothing," I tell him honestly.

"Your bitch?"

"Yep," I nod.

"Like boyfriend?" he asks. Duh, what else would I be talking about? I only give him a nod.

"Yes ma'am," I add when I realize he might not have been looking at me. He chuckles at my answer.

"Just so I know, is there any chance you and your bitch would ever break up?" he stops as I stop at my room.

"Yeah, no," I give him a smile and he nods understandingly.

"Okay well, I obviously don't have a chance. Want my number though? Solely for friendly conversations," he says honestly.

Oh my gosh. A friend.

"You promise? Don't flirt with me or I'll jack you up," I warn him. We exchange numbers.

We definitely got off on the wrong foot but maybe, just maybe he won't turn out too bad.

~~~

'Happy birthday, love'

I smile at the text from Grey.

'Wrong number' I sent back to him. He responds almost instantly.

'I love you baby'

My heart flutters and I just stare at the text for a good minute.

'Marry me' he sends after I didn't respond for a while. My heart flutters even more than before.

'Hush. I love you too' I reply.

"Happy birthday, Azalea!" Abby catapults herself up onto my bed, bouncing like a crazy person. She hugs me tightly to her.

"Come on now let's get you up, get you dressed, and let's get this school day over with so we can go home for the weekend!" she pulls me up excitedly.

"It's supposed to be sundress weather today," she opens up my drawer and looks through the selection.

She tosses me a light pink sundress that ties on each shoulder. I change quickly then do what I need to do in the bathroom, including tinkle.

I send Grey a little mirror picture of the outfit too just because he likes to see them. He says he likes to see me but I think he secretly likes to see my cute dresses.

'You're making me horny.' he replies and I just sigh at the insane amount of romanticness the man has.

I go through the rest of the birthday texts I've gotten, mostly just from the guys. Duh, I don't really have any other friends.

By the end of the messages, I'm left wondering why mom hasn't sent me anything. I look at the digital clock on the counter. It's still morning time, maybe she's just not awake yet.

'You need a jacket it's chilly this morning' Grey sends and I smile. I send him an okay and finish getting my stuff together for my first class.

Nearly done with my second class of the day, I'm more fidgety than ever. Usually, I have a fidgeting and sittings-still problem but today I'm just out of control.

My mind is all over the place, my legs and feet are constantly moving, and my hands are continuously messing with something.

I cannot believe I'm twenty today. I'm an old fart.

"Miss Carson?"

I can't imagine how Grey feels. He's basically fifty.

"Miss. Carson."

Then again, when I woke up this morning I felt no difference. I feel the same today as I felt yesterday.

"Miss Carson!" the professor yanks the pen out of my hand and I jump in fright. I wince. I guess I was clicking it.

On my first day in this class, I may or may not have gotten here late. The only seats left available were near the very front. Everyone kinda has unassigned assigned seats.

So on either side of me sit two people who type down every single thing our professor does and says.

I feel dumb beside the two but I don't really have anywhere else I could sit.

"I'm really sorry. I'm extra fidgety today. I think it's because it's Friday and I want to go home. It's also my birthday so-"

"Well isn't that fun?" she smiles at me like she doesn't care at all.

"...Yes sir-I mean ma'am," I close my eyes tightly. I think I'm going to have to drop this class.

"Quiet, Miss Talkative," she looks down her nose at me. I crack my fingers just to fidget with something.

The cracks of my knuckles can be heard throughout the room pretty much.

"S-Sorry," I wince, "I didn't know the cracking would be...that loud."

This is almost comedic by now.

I knock my knuckles together anxiously. But hearing the sound that makes too, I stop. Why is she still just staring at me? Oh, I don't know, maybe because I keep making freaking noises.

Oh my Lord, what if I fart?

I just end up tapping the pads of my fingers together, noticing how it thankfully doesn't make any noise.

"Stop moving and fidgeting!" she exclaims, startling me again.

"Well, I can't really," I laugh nervously, "I have ADHD."

"Well get medicine," she tosses the pen back on the table in front of me just before she releases the class.

I try not to let her words affect me even though they do a little bit.

~~~

ϟ Grey ϟ

"You look perfect," I lift her up and she wraps those legs of hers around my waist. I grip the back of her dress, making sure it doesn't ride up.

She plants three kisses on my cheek as I rub her back with my free hand.

She pulls away slightly and those green eyes stare back at me.

"What kind of ring do you want?" I ask with no hesitation. She slams her head down on my shoulder.

"You know what?" She raises her head back up, "How about I get you a ring?"

"That's not how it works," I shake my head.

"Why not? Beyonce once said 'if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it' and I like it," she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

I set her on the counter and place my hands on either side of her. She bites that lip. Fuck.

She clenches her legs together and I smirk. I love seeing what I do to her. I look over at the clock.

We've got ten minutes.

I trail my hands up the smooth skin of her thighs.

It's cute how the only time she's ever quiet is when she's aroused. I slide my hand under her thin fabric and she gasps, gripping onto my bicep.

For such a small thing, she's got a damn good grip. It's the pleasure.

I tease her for a moment, watching the way she quietly moans and the way she pushes herself closer to my touch.

She breathes deeply and reaches forward, grabbing my shirt and pulling my neck onto her mouth. I close my eyes at the feeling, letting her continue for the time being. I'm too caught up in the feeling of her lips on my neck to remember that this isn't about me feeling good, it's all about her.

Going against my conscience, I pull away from her lips. My fingers enter her and she lets out a moan that has my pants growing tighter. She bites her lip which only fuels my arousal.

With my free hand, I pull her bottom lip from her teeth, leaning down to bite it myself.

Only I can bite that lip.

"You're mine," I bite her ear and she whimpers, pulling me impossibly closer to her.

"Yours," she replies breathlessly and I smile against her neck. I feel her closing around my fingers. Gripping the top of her throat, I make sure she's looking right at me as she comes undone.

She leans her head against my chest as I take my fingers away. Placing the fingers in my mouth, I know that just what's on my fingers isn't enough for me.

With her legs already shaking, I pull her underwear all the way off.

She watches me as I lean down.

~~~

"Sugar," she leans down, whispering in my ear. Sanfred, sitting in the chair across from me, wiggles his eyebrows.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"A pear-shaped ring," she tells me and a smile takes onto my lips.

"Yeah?" I wrap my arm around her, pulling her from my side to my front, sitting her down on my lap.

She nods a smile on her lips too. I lean up and place a gentle kiss on her lips. Pulling away, she smiles excitedly before hopping off and going back over to Abby.

"What was that about?" Sanfred questions.

I don't see how that's any of his fucking business. But I'm in a good mood today.

"Engagement ring," I take a swig of my beer. His eyebrows raise up in surprise.

"Did I hear you say engagement ring?" Theo plops down in the chair to my right. I scoot away from him when his elbow brushes my arm.

"Don't touch me," I grumble. The two call Jai, Linc, Roman, and Maxon over. I glare a little a Maxon when he sits his fat ass in one of the chairs.

"This guy is gonna ask Azalea to marry her," Sanfred tells the rest and faces of surprise is all I see.

"He's the last one I would think to be engaged," Lincoln blurts. I narrow my eyes at him.

"I was surprised as hell when him and Azalea actually started dating!" Jai exclaims and I turn my look over to him.

"And when I heard him tell her he loved her for the first time! I tell you, I was shocked," Theo laughs. Fuck them all.

Just y'all wait.

"Where'd she go anyway?" Roman looks around, "Abby too?"

"Probably tinkling," I mumble, taking another swig of my almost empty beer. Girls go together for some reason.

When I put the bottle down, they're all looking at me crazily. Some with their mouths open and some on the verge of bursting into laughter.

"Tinkling?" Sanfred nearly fucking giggles. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah tinkling. That's what I fucking said."

They laugh. Yeah, they won't be laughing if Azalea hears them say anything but 'tinkle' when they're talking about piss.

"Y'all should hear some of the other shit that happens when those two are together," Roman laughs and I send him a glare.

"He's like a big ball of goo when it comes to her. I swear if she told him to climb the Eiffel Tower, he would without even thinking about it," he says honestly. Shit, I would think about it. I'd think about what time she'd want me home after I did it.

She's fucking everything to me. They don't understand how much she actually means to me. It means a lot to be the only person on Earth that I love. So if she tells me she wants something or that she wants me to do something, I'm gonna fucking do it.

Why the fuck else would I have gotten a cat that's supposed to be picked up tomorrow and brought home to her? Damnit.

A pair of hands come to rest on my tense shoulders. Automatically under her soft touch, they loosen.

The bell above the door rings and Jonas walks in. Azalea gasps as he walks closer and closer to the table.

They look at each other emotionlessly.

"I missed you, brat," Azalea grumbles. They hadn't seen each other since she left for college.

"Yeah, you would," he says as an insult before simmering back down, "I missed you too."

He holds his hand out for her to shake but she's a hugger. She opens her arms. They awkwardly hug. She sends his stomach a light punch and he jerks away from her constantly.

It's the most pitiful fucking thing I've ever seen.

Eventually, they get in a regular three-second hug. Barely though.

"Happy birthday," he tells her once they pull away.

"Yeah, you better tell me happy birthday."

~~~

"Marry me," I tell her first thing in the morning.

I already got the ring. Last night when she fell asleep I was right on it. I looked at the ring sizes of the rings in her jewelry box and I went from there.

I found the perfect one and I got it before I could start to overthink it.

"I will later," she mumbles tiredly. She suddenly sits up like she wasn't just dead asleep two minutes ago.

"Am I too hyper and fidgety?" she questions out of nowhere. I don't even know where that came from.

"What? No," I lie slightly. Not really though. She's really not too hyper. Actually she is but I'm just used to it by now. And she's always been fidgety, it's not really a big deal. It's cute.

"My professor said I am," she looks slightly upset, "she said I needed medicine."

"Yeah and tell her to go fuck herself," I nod. Who the fuck does that lady think she is? She has no right telling her she needs medicine.

Sure she's wild as fuck but that's what makes her who she is. And I wouldn't want her any other fucking way.

"You're perfect the way you are, you hear me?" I grip her chin, making sure she's looking right at me.

"I was clicking the pen a lot and she just flipped out," she explains.

"Next time, don't let her talk to you that way, okay? Better yet, if she does, call me in the middle of your damn class and pass her the phone," I tell her. Oh, the shit I'd tell that professor.

The doorbell rings. The damn cat's here.

"Stay here," I place a kiss on her forehead, "I'll be right back."

Opening the door, Lincoln looks right back at me unamusedly. He hands me the small cage with the baby cat in it.

"You know, when you said you wanted me to go on a top secret mission, I wasn't expecting to drive four fucking hours just to pick up a damn kitten," he grumbles.

"It was top secret and it was four hours away. I'd call that a mission," I give him a sarcastic smile.

"It's a ridiculous mission," he groans.

"Quit being a bitch. You'll get a bonus for it, now leave," I shut the door in his face. I place the cage on the counter. I open the front and a cat as big as my hand comes walking out confidently.

How the fuck do you even pick up these things?

Bear shows up by my side and sniffs the air curiously.

"I don't like it either, Bear," I grumble to him. Eventually, I just pick the thing up. It may be small now, but this thing is supposed to get pretty damn big.

I found a little cheat to getting the cat.

I got the cat most doggish that there is. A Maine Coon. It's gonna get big. It's kinda doggish. It's as best as I could get.

I wasn't getting a damn pussy ass cat. It's gonna be the manliest cat and I hope I've succeeded.

I hate to admit the baby is a little cute. And the thing better like me too. I've got two months before Lilah gets out of school for summer, if it hates me, I'm sneaking it into her dorm and not dealing with it.

"This thing isn't a toy, Bear," I explain to him. He eats meals three times as big as this thing.

"And you can't eat it or momma will be very upset with you," I tell him sternly before giving his side a good pat.

I mosy my way back into the bedroom where I find that Lilah is in the bathroom. I sit on the bed with my back to the door and I look at the thing. It's a furry little shit but it is cute, I'll give it that.

Is it a boy or a girl? Shit, I can't remember.

The door suddenly opens. I stand up and start walking to her. She doesn't notice the little thing until I'm right in front of her.

And when she does. She falls to the ground, crying.

I sigh, shaking my head. I kneel down to the ground with her and sit the thing in her lap. She picks it up and holds it like it's pure gold.

"Oh my goodness!" she sniffs, "It's the cutest thing in the world!"

"Mhm."

"Do we get to keep it?" she looks at me, hope filling her eyes. I give her a smile.

"Of course," I nod. With the cat in hand, she crawls onto my lap kissing every inch of my face.

Yeah getting that thing was definitely fucking worth it.

"Boy or girl?"

"I don't fuckin' know," I shrug.

An hour of googling later, it's a girl.

She fucking named it Princess Eleonora Caroline Kingston.

Callie for short. Not sure where she got Callie from but okay.

She already loves the damn cat more than me.

♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦

Hey, y'all! I hope y'all aren't too bored in the quarantine. I know I am. I hope you all stay safe and healthy! Just recently there has been a case of the virus found in my town so I'm taking this a little more seriously. (I live in a really really small town.)

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this one!

*Not edited*

Word count: 3240

-Ashlyn M.

Oh, by the way, the scene with Jonas and Azalea is purely inspired by the scene in Stepbrothers ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
2.4K 85 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
333K 6.3K 56
"Why aren't you scared?" I whine and he laughs. "Come on, you wouldn't dare hurt me with that. It's too risky, and I can get out of this easily...
90.7K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...