The Color Of Love Series [Edi...

By Thischickisbomb

It all began with a damn school project and from then on the fire was lit between Jake and Alyssa. Their love... More

The Color Of Love Chapter 1
The Color Of Love Chapter 2
The Color Of Love. Chapter 3
The Color Of Love. Chapter 4
The Color Of Love. Chapter 5
The Color Of Love. Chapter 6
The Color Of Love. Chapter 7
The Color Of Love. Chapter 8
The Color Of Love. Chapter 9
The Color Of Love. Chapter 10
The Color Of Love. Chapter 11
The Color Of Love. Chapter 12
The Color Of Love. Chapter 13
The Color Of Love. Chapter 14
The Color Of Love. Chapter 15
The Color Of Love. Chapter 16
The Color Of Love. Chapter 17
The Color Of Love. Chapter 18
The Color Of Love. Chapter 19
The Color Of Love. Chapter 20
The Color Of Love. Chapter 21
The Color Of Love. Chapter 22
The Color Of Love. Chapter 23
The Color Of Love. Chapter 24
The Color Of Love. Chapter 25
The Color Of Love. Chapter 26
The Color Of Love. Chapter 27 Complete
The Race For Love. Chapter 1
The Race For Love. Chapter 2
The Race For Love. Chapter 3
The Race For Love. Chapter 4
The Race For Love. Chapter 5
The Race For Love. Chapter 6
The Race For Love. Chapter 7
The Race For Love. Chapter 8
The Race For Love. Chapter 9
The Race For Love. Chapter 10
The Race For Love. Chapter 11
The Race For Love. Chapter 12
The Race For Love. Chapter 13
The Race For Love. Chapter 14
The Race For Love. Chapter 15
The Race For Love. Chapter 16
The Race For Love. Chapter 17 FINISHED :)
Keeping Our Love Chapter 1
Keeping Our Love Chapter 2
Keeping Our Love Chapter 3
Keeping Our Love Chapter 4
Keeping Our Love Chapter 5
Keeping Our Love Chapter 6
Keeping Oor Love Chapter 7
Keeping Our Love Chapter 8
Keeping Our Love Chapter 9
Keeping Our Love Chapter 10
Keeping Our Love Chapter 11
Keeping Our Love Chapter 12
Keeping Our Love Chapter 13
Keeping Our Love Chapter 14
Keeping Our Love Chapter 15
Keeping Our Love Chapter 16
Keeping Our Love Chapter 18 (Completed)

Keeping Our Love Chapter 17

19.1K 290 19
By Thischickisbomb

vote/comment/tweet/like/fan if you haven't already although if you made it this far with Jake and Alyssa you should already be a fan.

EnJoY!!!!!!!!

Oh and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or Kwanza  to all of you however you celebrate it's still a celebration and  I hope that you all will be safe during the holidays. Eat lots of sweets and food. Drink lots of egg nog and son't forget to wake up early for gift unwapping.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I slowly rolled out of bed and got up groggily. There was no trace of Jake so I was guessing he had already left for work. He probably had woken me but I was too tired to remember anything that had occurred previously this morning.  I walked into the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My stomach looked liked it was about to pop. Reagan would be pushing her way out anytime soon. I leaned on the counter as I felt her kick. She was doing that a lot lately and it was really irritating me.  It could be the best feeling at times and then it could be so uncomfortable. I was so ready to get this baby out of me.

I used the bathroom and took a long hot shower and then I put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt and made my way out of the bathroom.

I walked out of the room and went to what would be Reagan's room. It was actually really pretty. I believed that it would suit her well. Her walls were pink with lime green stripes. She had a wall paper border up towards the ceiling that looked like lace. There was also a pink rocking chair in the corner of the room. Jake said this is where I would sit and feed her and he would take pictures of his wife and daughter. He was so corny, I smiled at the thought. Her cradle was adjacent to the rocking chair and over it hung a baby modem that would spin and play music while she slept. On the opposite side of the room was a shelf that held diapers, clothes, bibs, and bottles and other things that would be needed after I had given birth to baby Reagan.

I sighed was I really ready to have this baby. I mean my mom was coming next week because the baby was sure to be out by then. The doctor's had stated that if I didn't have it within the next three days that they would induce me. I sat down in the rocking chair and rocked back in forth as my hands caressed my belly. I really couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that me and Jake were about to have a kid. I mean it seemed like yesterday we were in high school at our senior night bon fire in the woods making out. A smile appeared on my face making me look like a teenage girl who believed that she was in love. I was so pissed at him for making out with that other girl for a stupid ass dare. I should have kicked him in his baby maker. I sighed if I had done that my stomach probably wouldn't be the size of a gigantic beach ball.

I got up from the chair and went downstairs. I looked at the time. Damn I had slept the whole day away. It was almost evening. I decided on cooking dinner since Jake would be home soon and that was something that I hadn't done in a while.

I looked in the fridge and freezer and searched for something to cook. I found some chicken cutlets and took them out. I searched around the kitchen some more looking in the pantry and the cabinets and decided on making some basil chicken, mash potatoes and green beans that I acquired.

I was almost done cooking when Jake walked through the door.

"I know that you are not cooking?" He said as he came in the door. I'm guessing he smelled the aroma of the delicious food that I was cooking. He emerged inside of the kitchen and glanced at me with a confused look.

"Alyssa you are nine months pregnant. You are about to have this baby any day now. Why the hell  are you cooking?" he questioned.

"I got bored and I haven't cooked in a while so I thought that's what I would do" I told him.

"You got bored, well go knit a blanket for the baby or something" He stated.

"Shut up Jake and sit down. Dinner is almost ready" I told him. He shook his head and walked out of the kitchen coming back a few minutes later now is some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I fixed two plates over at the counter for the two of us and carried them over to the table. As I reached the table my body jerk causing me to drop the plates. They hit the floor and cracked which got Jake's attention. I held my stomach as I felt a pop.

"Alyssa what's wrong? Are you okay?" Jake asked me worriedly as he moved closer to me and held me up. I nodded and them my body jerked again causing me to bend over. Jake caught me.

"Alyssa maybe we should call your doctor or maybe we should take you to the hospital or something" He stated as he held on to my shoulders. I was about agree with him. And then it happened. I felt a gush of warm water run down my legs.

"Holy Shit!" I heard Jake mutter. The water kept flowing and I had no control over it. I tried to stop it but it was like I was in control of my body.

"Okay you sit down here and I'll be right back" Jake said as he placed me in the chair. I was lost for a moment and I couldn't recall what was going on until Jake came back into view with another pair of clothes keys and a duffel bag. He stuffed the clothes in the duffel and walked over to me.

"You ready" He asked.

"Yea" I gasped standing up, which was totally not a good thing to do. My stomach tightened real quick and a jolt of pain shot throughout my stomach. I doubled over letting out a high pitched yelp.

"Okay hold on baby" I heard Jake mutter but my mind was too focused on the pain that was radiating through my body, Jake slipped his hands under my legs and lifted me up pressing me to his body. He quickly hurried out of the house and to the car placing me in the passenger's seat. He closed the door and quickly ran to his side cranking up the car and pulling out of the driveway.

We made it to the hospital in about five minutes. Jake was speeding all the way and to be honest I was a little scared. He found a parking spot right outside the hospital and parked.  He slung the duffel over his shoulder and came to my side and lifted me out of the car. I clenched my fist and teeth as the pain came back. I let out a muffled scream into Jake's chest as I gripped his shirt in my hand clenching my fist around it.

"Hold on Alyssa we are almost there. Take a deep breath" he told me. He rushed me inside and went to the desk as he asked for our doctor telling the receptionist that I was about to have a baby any minute now. Seconds later two women in scrubs came down with a wheel chair. Jake placed me in the wheel chair and I was rolled into the elevator.

 The nurses kept asking me questions like how far along was I, when did I feel the first contraction, and how long ago did my water break. I was really tired and I didn't feel like talking I just wanted to get this baby out of me. We reached the sixth floor, which was the maternity ward and my doctor emerged.

He talked way to much during this time and I was just ignoring him and dozing off, For some reason I felt really sleepy and I felt like I wasn't really there. I guess my body was trying to prepare itself for the pain and work I was about to endure.

I didn't even remember how I got dressed in a gown with an IV in my left arm and me laying on a bed with my legs spread open. All that I know it when I came to realization that that was where I was. It was the most awkward situation I have ever been in in my entire life.  I looked up to my left and Jake was standing next to me holding my hand. Pure excitement was written all over his face. I felt someone poking in between my legs.

"She's 8.8 centimeters" I heard a nurse shout.

"Good she should be pushing this baby out anytime soon" The doctor stated.

"Are you ready?" One of the nurses asked I shook my head causing her and Jake to laugh. I didn't see what the hell was so funny. I threw my head back and gripped the sheets with one hand and Jake's hand with the other as I felt another bolt of pain shoot through my body. Jake rubbed my forehead moving some of the hair in my face out of the way as concern masked his face.

"You will get a few more of those before it's over with" The nurse stated. "Okay so I'm going to need for you to take deep breaths for me. When it comes time I'm going to say push and every time I say push you push very hard. We are going to try to finish this with three easy pushes so you can be done with this" She stated. I groaned.

What seemed like an hour later I felt pressure build up down stairs.  I gripped the sheets and closed my eyes. I opened to see Jake looking at me with concern. I felt more prodding being done between my legs and then I heard the nurse shout.

"It's time" She yelled. The concern that was masked on Jake's face turned back into excitement.

"Come on Baby you can do this" Jake said.

"Shut up Jake" I muttered. He laughed at me and grabbed my hand wrapping his head around mine.

"Okay you ready Alyssa" The doctor shouted. I nodded even though I wasn't really ready. I knew this was going to hurt so bad especially since I did it naturally with no medicine or pain killers to help me out with this process.

"Push" She yelled. I closed my eyes and pushed with all my might as pain ripped through my body. My hair stuck to my face from the sweat that was collecting on my face.

"You're okay baby" Jake muttered "Take some deep breaths" he added. I breathed in and out really fast like they did in the movies and I thought that It was only like that just in movies.

"Push" She yelled again. I pushed so hard ready to have this baby out of me and just be done with this. God this was horrible.

"There we go Alyssa you are almost there" The doctor stated.

"Push" He yelled once again as more pressure built up. I pushed again and then I heard it. It was like music. It caused the hugest smile to appear on my face. I heard her crying. I heard my baby crying. Little Reagan was crying. I lifted my head up to try to get a better look at my new born baby girl. The nurse lifted her up and wrapped her in a blanket sitting her on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. Tears began to run from my eyes. I'm guessing they were tears of joy and happiness because I was just so happy. It was a feeling that I couldn't explain.

Jake's face was lit up as he rubbed his finger across her cheek. I looked into her eyes and I realized that I would do anything for her. I would give up everything for her. I loved her so much and I realized what people meant by how can you love someone that you just met so much that you are willing to give your life for them.

The nurse soon took her away from me and said that she would bring her back later.  I sighed and reluctantly let her go and soon I dozed off to sleep all of sudden feeling very tired.

 I fluttered my eyes open. My body felt so drained. I looked over to the side. The room was vacant except for Jake standing over in the corner bouncing up and down as he rocked Reagan in his arms. His eyes lit up as he stared down at her.  They had a light in them that I had never really witnessed before. A smile was plastered on his face as he talked to her. I had no clue what he was talking about and I was too tired to care. I called out Jake's name but it came out really low and raspy. I doubt he even heard me. His mind was too focused on Reagan. I leaned my head sideways against the pillow and a smile spread across my face as I watched Jake playing and talking to Reagan. He was really going to be a great dad. I could already tell that he felt the same way as me, that he was willing to give up his life for his new baby girl.

 I awoke to Jake singing my name as he brushed his fingers across my cheek.

"What?"I muttered.

"Wake up," He demanded.

"Jake no I'm tired go away." I told him.

"Alyssa you have been sleep for a while. Wake up!" He said. I just had a freaking baby for Christ sake. I groaned and sat up. I adjusted my eyes to the light and realized that it wasn't only Jake in the room. My mom was seated in a chair by the window. What was she even doing here? She wasn't suppose to come until next week. Claire and Chris were standing up on the opposite side leaning against the wall and Jake's brother Wess was standing next to him. What the hell was he thinking? I probably looked like total shit.

"Oh my gosh," I muttered as I covered my face and crawled under the covers.

"What's wrong?" I heard Claire ask.

"I look like absolute crap" I told them.

"Alyssa you look fine" She replied.

"Bull-ish I just had a baby" I replied.

"Alyssa come on stop tripping, you look good to just have had a baby" Chris muttered.

"Alyssa hunnie you look great" My mom muttered. Did I look stupid? They were just saying that to make me feel better. I can't believe I had been sleeping with all these people in the room.

I felt the hospital bed move and then I felt the covers being pulled.

"No stop" I pleaded.

"Alyssa you look fine" He said finally getting the covers turned lose. I sat up with a frown on my face.

"You look beautiful" Jake stated. A smile began to form on my face but I pushed it away.

"Oh come on you know you want to smile" Jake said. " Come on go ahead where is that beautiful smile that I fell in love with?" he questioned. I sighed and gave in as I ran my fingers through my hair hoping that there was some truth in what they said and that I really didn't look like total crap.

"Where's Reagan?" I questioned.

"She's with the nurses." Jake replied. " They said that they would bring her back soon" Jake muttered.

"Oh okay" I replied leaving the room filled with silence.

"So how do you feel?' Claire asked bringing the silence. I looked towards her. I wonder where Tia was? She was beginning to show again. Her stomach pudged out a little but you would only notice it if you were looking for it. Chris had actually taken the news pretty well and he had ended up asking Claire to marry him. It was magical. I mentally laughed.

"Tired" I muttered. She laughed.

"Expected but look on the bright side you are a mommy now" She said walking towards me. "Congratulations" She said hugging me.

"Thanks Claire" I muttered.

"Yea Congrats Alyssa" Chris said as he hugged me.

"Thanks Chris" I replied.

"Damn I can't believe you guys are parents" Wess stated. I laughed.

"I can't hardly believe it either" I stated.  They all laughed. Jake kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear.

"I love you" He whispered.

 "I love you too" I whispered back. He smiled at me.

"So the doctor said that Regan is healthy and so are you, so you can go home when you are ready" Jake told me.

"And you are just now telling me?" I asked him.

"Well you seemed tired and I wanted you to get your rest before we took that leap into full parenthood" He muttered.

"I'm ready Jake" I told him.

"Let's get our daughter and go home" I told him.

 I sat in between Jake's legs with his arms wrapped around my waist. I held Reagan in my arms.  Her head peeked out of the blanket that was wrapped around her. She peered out at me and Jake. Her hazel eyes glared as us. She totally resembled Jake the most. I swear it looked like she had a smirk on her face with that lopsided grin that she wore.

I rubbed my finger against her cheek cooing her name. She just moved her eyes awkwardly switching glances from me to Jake. She was so beautiful. I could just hold her in my arms forever and never let go. This moment was just so perfect. Me Jake and Reagan.  I turned my head slightly and looked towards Jake.

"I love you so much" I told him. He placed his lips against mine.

"Ditto" He replied mimicking my corny ways. I laughed at him kissing him back. I focused my attention back on Reagan. My life felt complete, there was just one thing missing. That beautiful wedding which meant that me and Jake would live together until death do us part.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 12 12
MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY, 18+!!!! Jake and Sara were once friends who ended up falling in love. This is their story of love, losing it, reconnecting, an...
128K 6.5K 46
Deen and Paislee Vanilla and chocolate Day and night. Hot and cold ...
112K 4.1K 11
Alyssa Brookes. Stylish, graceful, and keeps to herself. No one would guess she's a street fighting champion. She's had a tough time ever since her u...
1.8K 401 40
" I think rainbows are like humans. A person is like a white light, made up of different things, versions of themselves, mistakes, hardships, Just li...