More than a friend

By ishapapa

Set after Shadow Kissed After the attack at St. Vladimir's Academy, Dimitri vanishes from the academy leaving... More

preface
Ch 1: Disappeared
Ch 2: Selfishness
Ch 3: Different People
Ch 4: Changes
Ch 5: Proposals
Ch 6: Road Trips
Ch 7: Home
Ch 8: Plans
Ch 9: Family.
Ch 10: An unexpected visitor
Ch 11: Wishes
Ch 13: Old Faces
Ch 14: Roles
Ch 15: Responsibilities
Ch 16: Truth
Help! (Author note)
Ch 17: Bitchy Mood
Ch 18: Memories
Ch 19: Familiar Routines
Ch 20: The Past
Ch 21: Burning

Ch 12: Peace Providers

923 28 2
By ishapapa

CPOV

I was slightly nervous about going back to court. We were going to leave the next day which gave us very little time to prepare. I guess that was the whole point of it really, catching us off guard. To be honest I wasn't sure I was ready to go back to court but like James said we really didn't have a choice.

It's was nice being away from all of the drama and politics. I enjoyed living my life away from the stigma of my parents sin and royal status. I liked just being Christian. Not Christian Ozera, son of the disgraced royals who turned strigoi. Not Christian Ozera, the freak who set people on fire or even Christian Ozera, the boyfriend of Princess Vasilissa Dragomir. Speaking of Lissa, I wasn't sure how to feel about seeing her again. I haven't seen her since graduation. After everything that happened with Rose and Avery, I realized I couldn't keep making excuses for her. I knew it was the darkness, however that darkness was something that was always inside of her. It was just triggered by spirit.

Rose felt very guilty about how things ended with both of us. I think maybe she still does. She blamed herself and tried so hard to get me back with Lissa. But I couldn't do it. We lost something that day and whether or not she changed, it was never going to be the same between us.
She knows about Sofia too. She found out because of court gossip. Apparently news got around of the infamous Rose Hathaway having a child and she immediately called me for confirmation.

"Christian, is it true?"
"Lissa is that you?" I asked completely confused. I hadn't heard from her for almost a year but once the phone rang, Rose ran into my room.

"I was just with lissa," said Rose. "She just found out about Sophie and she thinks she's yours."

"Christian please tell me its not true."
I decide to play dumb and pretended to be oblivious.
"What are you talking about?" I asked innocently.
"I'm talking about Rose having a child!" She screams.
"Why are you asking me. Shouldn't you be asking her?"
"Because I just want to know if you're the father."
"Wow Liss. Even after all time, you're still that selfish girl. Instead of wanting to congratulate your best friend on having a child, you want to know if it's mine."
"Its not like tha-" Before she could finish I cut the call, too annoyed to even bother hearing her pathetic excuse.
Rose stood there silently. I didn't know what to say to her, but I didn't need to because she just turned around and left the room. She had been quite for the rest of the day until late that night I heard the phone ring again. It was Rose's cell and it was Lissa on the other end.
They were on the phone for more than two hours, but by the end of it Rose was quietly crying in her room.
"What did she want?" I asked.
"She apologised."
"For?" I asked sitting down next to her on the couch.
"Everything. About us, about Dimitri, about you. Just everything."
"And did you forgive her?" She nodded and took a deep breath. "It was spirit and the darkness. It began taking over her and I felt it. As much as I try to block her out, I felt that darkness inside her. Every teardrop, every raging storm, I felt it all. And I felt her sincerity now. I don't think we could ever be like we used to, but this peace I feel now is better than that bitterness that was once between us."

"I'm glad things are better now. What did she say about Sophie?" That really was the only thing that interested me. Not that I didn't care about Rose and Lissa's relationship, but Sophie was my main concern."When I tried telling her about her father she cut me off. Apparently she doesn't care if you are the father or not. As long as we both happy. She did ask to meet her but I said no. It's too soon and I don't fully trust her yet. She understood. She did ask for a picture. I said yes to that."
"Sounds like things could be getting better."
"Yes it does."

Ever since then the two have been at peace but they never made an attempt to meet.
Rose went home to pack while I went to pick up Sophie at her friends house. As soon as I saw her I knew I was in for it. She really didnt want to be dropped off by Jamie's house today. I thanked her mom for watching her and once we were in the car the silent treatment started.

"So how was your day with Jamie?" I asked.
Silence.
"Umm....mommy is home early today. Maybe we can go out for dinner. That would be nice."
Still nothing.
"You can choose the place. Anywhere you want. What you say?" I ask giving her a wink.
Still silence.
"Okay I'm sorry Sophie. I know we promised you could come with us to work today but something happened so mommy and I had to go in alone," I explain to her.
"Why? I could have still come. I could have stayed out the way" she says.
"I'm sorry sweetie but it wouldn't have worked. Someone important came to visit and we couldn't have you there with us" I explained.
"Who was it? Was it someone from your old school?" She asked. We told Sofia from little about what we were and about the vampire community we lived in. She knew about my powers and the daggers around the house. She knew not to touch them or tell anyone about it. So I think she had a good guess who our visitor was.
"No not exactly. But someone from that world" I said to her.

"So what did they want? "she asked curiously.
"It was just work stuff. Don't worry about it. But are we cool? You're not mad anymore?" I asked her.
"Ohh no we are not cool. Jamie made me play with Snowbell and look, I'm covered in its hair. Yuck I even smell like her," she says scrunching her nose in disgust. Like Rose, Sofia wasn't a huge fan of pets, especially cats. Her being a dhampire didnt make things easier since animals hated dhampires.

"I was wondering what that smell was" I says taking in a deep sniff of her.
"I cant wait to go home and take a bath."

We got home and Sophie ran straight into the bathroom. Rose had her bath ready since she knew how Sophie felt about Jamie and her pets. Honestly I don't know why we still force her to hang out with that kid. Those two girls clearly don't like each other.

Rose came back in, tying her hair in a ponytail, looking tired.

"How's the packing going?" I asked.
"I'm done with Sophie's clothes. I practically packed all of it since I have no idea how long we're going to be there. I'm almost finished with mine. I took out some of your things as well, there's only a few more things left for you to pack. I'm sure you can do that yourself. I didnt want to invade your space. I haven't even taken out my suitcase yet or yours and honestly I have no clue where I left them-" and she babbled on before I cut her off.
"Rose calm down. I'll sort out the rest of my stuff. The suitcases are in my cupboard. Go pack the rest of yourself. I'll order dinner. I promised Sophie pizza 'cause she was upset about today."

"I'm just so nervous. Its been six years since I've been there. How will people react once they see Sofia. I can handle them attacking me but what if they start targeting her?" she asks finally voicing her fears.

"Simple. You and I will burn and stake anyone who dares to try and hurt her. And in case you forgot she can stand her ground pretty well. You raised a warrior" I tell her.

"We raised a warrior. She's our warrior," says Rose as she gives me a hug. Rose and I have really grown over the years. We still stuck to our playful banter but there's no denying the love and respect we shared for each other. I enjoyed the feel of peace that wrapped around me in the form of Rose Hathaway. In a weird way we both became each others source of peace and calmness. Whever either of us were rattled, only the other could comfort us.

"HELLO!! Is anyone going to help me out of here?" yelled Sofia from the bathroom.

"Give me a minute" called back Rose as she unwillingly pulls away to go grab her pyjamas.

I order a classic margarita pizza, Sophie's favourite, then went to sort out my clothes. Most of it was already organized  by Rose. Just my underwear was left to me to pack. I loaded everything into my suitcase and left it next to my bed. Ready to grab and go once James arrives.

The pizza arrived and we three sat on the couch eating the yummy cheesy goodness. Once we finished I look over and Rose and she gave me a nod and I turned the TV off.

"Sophie sweetie there's something we need to talk to you about," Rose began.
"Remember that guy I told you visited us at the gym?" She nods. "Well he came to tell us that we have to go back to our old home. The Moroi Court."

"Why do we have to go back?" she asked
"Because there has been a lot of bad things happening there and they need Bubby and I to go there and help them out," explained Rose.
"When do we have to go?"
"We're leaving tomorrow. And we're not really sure how long we are going to be staying there," answered Rose.

"Will I have to go to your old school just like you and mommy?" She asks excitedly.
"No, no Sophie. You will be staying with us. There are a few tutors around court that would be happy to teach you. But remember it's not forever. We will soon be back home," I tell her. I look over at Rose and I could see she hoped my promise of returning soon was true but we both knew deep down that it's never that simple. Nothing ever really is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 508 12
I do not own the characters of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I am just doing this for fun and not for profit. No copyright infringement intended...
145K 3.8K 34
Rose runs away from the Academy for the second time, leaving Lissa and the rest of her friends behind. Two years later she is found by the person who...
5K 135 21
People who have not read the Vampire Academy series may read this book as it includes a summary of what you need to know. This starts after Shadow Ki...
12.3K 221 36
Vampire Academy Fanfiction Sets after the cabin, one night with the love of her life can change a lot. Will she be able to challenge everything? Dim...