The Coldest Summer✓

By Geegervy

"I'm a terrible dancer," I whisper. "And I guess the cowboy is much better than the city girl." My sarcasm is... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Epilogue

Sixty-five

3.5K 255 150
By Geegervy

I feel better and energetic as I wake up this morning to the feeling of sun rays coaxing my eyes. No dreams or nightmares were able to shake my night for a change. I slept like a baby.

Shifting my attention from the window, I find Liam's arms wrapping my mid body as though refraining me from leaving. My bare back is against his naked chest, skin to skin, shielding me from the AC's chilling air. I smile at the sight, wishing all my mornings were like this. So blissful, so beautiful.

Slowly, not intending to wake him, I roll around in search for his face. He sighs in his sleep. I still myself, trying hard not to laugh. He's cute. I spend a few moments staring at his face, his features so calm and radiant, begging me to touch them.

Laying delicately to his side, a smile tugs in my lips when I look at his beautiful face. Thick eyebrows, so hot pale pink lips, and long hooding lashes. I purse my lips enviously as I focus on his glassy skin. What products does he use? They shouldn't be legal for men.

Maybe the moist weather of London does the trick, unlike the burning L.A.

Smiling, I raise my hand carefully to touch his disheveled dusky brown hair, but fail miserably as my bladder tightens in a final warning. Jeez! I need to use the bathroom as soon as possible. Just as I try to escape from Liam's grasp, he wakes up and pulls me back playfully

"Liam, I'll pee in my panties. Let me go!" I warn, laughing with difficulty as he holds me tightly, planting tiny kisses on my shoulder blade while rubbing a hand over my breasts and down to my belly.

"You're wearing no panties," he croaks lazily, slapping me . . . there!

"Ouch!" I whimper and peek under the duvet. Fuck! I'm totally naked and he loves the fact. His indecent hand says so as he caresses my inner thighs smoothly. "Liam," I breathe, heat searing through me.

"Well, I think you are perfect this way. Naked. And all mine to take," he says proudly as his expert and indecent hands wander on my body.

But I want to pee, damn it.

"Liam, not now." I bolt up with all my strength, leaving him hanging but laughing heartily. "You're such a pervert." I stand aside, watching his amused just-woke-up face as crosses his arms behind his head, gazing at me lasciviously.

Wait. Why is staring at me like that? My gaze trails down on my body, only to realize that I'm still so very . . . naked? Shit! Liam's mirthful laughter fills the room, making me glare at him stoutly after grabbing myself a towel from the couch.

"Pervert!" I murmur.

"For you I am. You're so beautiful, baby. I could watch you walk around nude all day long," Liam replies.

Damn him. I flush. Does he even know the effect of his words alone to my poor soul?

In the bathroom, I take a few seconds to enjoy the sense of relief after holding the pee for eternity. Damn, it feels good. Being a wonderful day it is, my choice is a warm bubble bath to soak my body completely. A lot has happened and a girl deserves some moment of peace.

After running the water in the tub, I slip out to check on Liam, and he's apparently on the phone talking to Derek Gibson, the realtor. I'm not sure what they're discussing exactly but he's skimming through the contract as he speaks, his voice taking a serious turn, oblivious of me and my steps.

Well, maybe he's preparing for the future. I prowl back to the bathroom. The rectangular shaped bathtub is already full, invitingly waiting for me to walk in. What's missing is Liam's presence to complete the magic, I mutter inwardly, and my subconscious retorts 'what a hoe'.

"Whatever," I mutter, stifling a laugh.

Tugging the towel off my body, I slowly step my first foot on the tub, then the other, feeling the warmth caressing my skin. I finally sit down and the water envelopes me. I'm alone at last, free to hop on the train of thoughts, thinking of what to do with my new life as someone's girlfriend.

Oh, yes, I'm a girlfriend to some hotshot British mogul who happens to be a shipbuilder. How marvelous! I sigh, laughing at the old me who couldn't even dream of dating a canoe maker. I gently dive in the water, letting the bubbles cover my whole body up to the neck. I sigh heavily.

The door swings open suddenly and Liam saunters in while holding the papers. He stands near the tub, so close to me, smiling.

What is he up to? I rise up, squaring my shoulders to look at him more attentively. He's wearing yesterday's jeans, a pair of rough gray Levi's. No boxers. No shirt. My, oh my. I devour him without strains, trailing the contours of his sculpted abs, waist, and corded biceps. A work of art.

"Any problem?" I breathe, smiling back.

"None, my love. I just want to know if you've made up your mind about the house," Liam replies, his hand reaching for my head and strokes my hair smoothly.

A light breath escapes my lips.

"Can I see the contract?"

He hands it to me.

"I just need your consent, Ms. Jones. Everything is sorted out," Liam says exuberantly.

As I read the title, my eyes frost. It's a damn Purchase Agreement and not a Rental. "You're buying the house?" I gaze at him, and he nods affirmatively. "Liam, I thought we were renting—"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I can buy it," he replies, almost surprised by my reaction. "What's the difference? I just think it's a waste of resources renting a house that I can actually buy."

"That's exactly the difference. You're buying it. For me. No, I can't accept this." I return the papers. He frowns, hating my gesture.

I don't know, this feels weird to me. With all the firsts I've experienced with him so far, this seems a bit too much. From starting to date and getting a house as a token? Woah! It feels too quick.

"How about we put it like this," Liam says haltingly, "it's going to be our house."

"Our house? How?" I ask, eager to listen to his grand conviction.

"It's going to be yours since you'll be living in, and mine since I'll be staying in whenever I visit Los Angeles. It'll be like a vacation house, or a shared house. Just, your name will be on the papers."

"And how does that change anything?" I reproach, feeling like he's merely turning a bread and ham into a sandwich. "And also—" I halt momentarily when something I hadn't considered before crosses my mind.

"What?" Liam frowns.

"How could I not think of this?" I mutter absentmindedly, fear and dread overclouding my thoughts.

"Of what?" Liam asks impatiently.

Realization hits me hard that Liam isn't going to stay here forever. He's going back to England any time soon. Damn, I've been so busy getting comfortable with him being around me, while the reality is far from this momentary pleasure.

"You're going to leave, Liam, and I'll be all alone." I can already feel the void.

How will I handle this kind of life without him? My heart cringes.

I shift my glance from him, imagining the future.

Long distance relationship. Is that what we're going to do? I question myself and the answer doesn't come out as I want it to be. I think it's exactly what's about to happen. He in London and me in Los Angeles. Phone calls, emails, video chat, and . . . no sex.

Fuck!

"So . . ." I swallow, catching a breath. "So, when are you leaving?" I manage to ask, my heart rendered to pieces as I imagine a life without him.

Liam sighs heavily, a frown on his face when our eyes meet. He's leaving. That look of pity and hurt means he's flying out of L.A anytime from now.

"In three days," he says softly, as though he's afraid to say it out loud.

Panic strikes through me. "Three days?"

"I need to get back to London. But before that, I'll fly to Montana to check on some affairs," he says.

My insides act up, twisting and turning my guts.

"I see." I suck in a deep breath, resigned in manners.

"But, maybe you can come with me." He grins as I raise my startled eyes on him.

Does he think I'm in the mood to joke around?

"You have a terrible sense of humor if you think I'm entertained by your jokes." I sniff, smothering the urge to cry.

My morning has finally turned into a wreck. I knew this was the ultimate outcome, that we'll have to part at some point, but still I can't seem to accept this now that it's time.

"I'm not joking, though," Liam says strenuously. I gasp. "I'd like you to come and live with me," he says, and fix my eyes intently, quite abruptly. "As my wife," he adds, and I quickly leap back.

"Huh?" I gasp yet again, my heart beating violently against my chest.

"Be my wife, Kira Jones," he mutters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11.6K 26
Zahra Jones only intention was to graduate, discover true happiness and avoid Levi Karldon by all means possible, but that becomes impossible when sh...
8.2K 419 40
"The things I could make you feel" He whispered as he delicately tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear that must have come out of the loose bun wh...
387K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
232 29 42
*WARNING!! This story contains mature content* "You must be Adoma, I'm Jason Carter" he smiled softly, sticking his hand out for an introduction. 𝑻...