The Fall of the Bad Boy

By -pcyxoxo-

Clara Evelyn Scott, a book lover as well as a movie lover has been moving around places to places since her m... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17

12

1.9K 67 1
By -pcyxoxo-

Clara Scott

Dad ran out when we pulled in the driveway and he give me a hug.

"Thanks, boy." He said and looked at me. "Ms, you are in so much trouble." He said and then sighed and pull me in for a hug.

"I'm okay, Dad." I said. "I'm sorry for the trouble."

"I didn't know you went on a DATE!" Dad said.

"I know." I said feeling more guilty.

Dad looked at Evelyn. "Oh.."

"Hello, Mr.Scott, I'm Evelyn."

"Hello." Dad said. "You made quite a lot of friends here, Clara." He seemed happy.

"Have a good night, Mr.Scott. We are sorry for the trouble." Evelyn apologized.

"Will you dropping her home, Emmett?" Dad asked.

"Yes, sir." Emmett said.

"Have a good night, children." Dad said and they all gathered around Emmett's car. We watched them leave before we walked inside the house.

"You are still grounded." He said and I groaned.

"I had plans with friends on Sunday." And he raised one of his eyebrow.

"But okay." I said.

"We will still tour the city, though." He smiled and I smiled back.

I took a shower again before going to bed. I texted Evelyn if she reached home and she texted with a Yes and ask if my Dad said anything to me.

"Just grounded."

She apologized, "Not your fault, I don't think I can join you guys on Sunday."

"Got it. Have a good weekend and thank you for coming with me on the date."

"You're welcome."

I soon fell asleep. The next morning, we slept in a little and after breakfast we went to Shedd Aquarium, we spent quite a while over there clicking pictures and watching shows. We spent two hours over there and after that we went for lunch. We had delicious Chicago's pizzas and then went to the field museum. There were quite a lot of people at that time, but we took our time to look around the museum and the informations they offered. We ended the day over there and decided to go home after that, before stopping for bubble tea!

When we reached home, Dad said he will cook dinner and I couldn't be happier.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?" He asked with a smile.

"Your Tuna Wrap." I said excitedly.

"Okay, you want to invite your friends for dinner?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to meet them.." he said.

"That's like six people."

His eyes widened in surprised.

"Who's the other three?" He asked.

And I was thinking what did he mean until I realized and laughed.

"Emmett and Theo are not my friends, they are just classmates."

"Wow, Clara. You made lots of friends here."

"I know,right." I said surprised as well.

"Call all of them for dinner,tomorrow." He said. "Including Theo and Emmett."

"I think they are busy." And plus I don't have their numbers.

He give me a look. "Fine." I said.

"Let's go grocery shopping for tomorrow. We will have guests, over." He said excitedly.

"I didn't invite them,yet and they might be busy. We can go tomorrow after I confirm who is coming.."

"Okay." He said, none the less happy about it.

"How about you?" I asked. "Why don't you invite some of your coworker?"

"Don't have that bonding yet." He scratched his hair.

"You should." I said.

"I will." He smiled. "Go shower, I'll prepare our dinner and maybe we can have a movie night or something."

"Okay." I smiled. It's been a while since we had a movie night.

I helped him made our dinner and we played a movie on Netflix while we were eating. I texted everyone except Emmett and Theo. I asked Evelyn if she could pass the message to the boys about tomorrow. Theo, texted me and said Evelyn shared my number with him and hope I was fine with that and said he love home-made foods and will definitely not miss it, but I don't know about Emmett. Dad was trilled to hear that and started making list while we were watching movie. There was no food restrictions making it easier for us to plan.

"What is Emmett doing?" I asked Theo. "You have any idea if he will be in or not? My Dad and I are making lists of people coming in.."

"We're in a party." He said and sent me a picture of Emmett on a couch with some girls.

"Okay." I replied back, all of a sudden my excitement for tomorrow vanished.

"Don't worry, I'll pass the message to him. I'll share your number with him and will ask him to reply to you."

"No worries." I said.

"Night Clara." He texted back.

Around midnight, Dad and I decided to go to bed.When I was ready to fall asleep, my phone rang and saw an unknown number. I never pick up unknown number. I wait until I hear the message in the voice mail before calling them back. My phone rang a couple of time before I see a text. It was Emmett.

"Emmett here, Theo told me about the plans for tomorrow. I'm sorry but I already have plans. I just want to let you know."

I didn't reply back and I shrugged it off. It doesn't matter if is coming or not. I ignored his text and went to bed. Next morning, dad woke me up for breakfast.

"Emmett is not coming." I said. "But everyone else is coming."

"Aww." He said a little disappointed but none the less was excited. "Maybe next time."

We went to the grocery store right after that and bought stuffs for tonight. This is the first time we were going to invite people over. Throughout my life, we never did this thing- I never made friends/enemies, I was the quiet one in school. Dad used to work during weekend too,but now things are different. I made friends, Dad doesn't have to work on weekends anymore.

After we ate lunch, we started preparing for dinner. Dad marinated some meats for tonight. He started making sauce for lasagna. We peeled and cut vegetables for salads and sides. Around 6:30 pm, Evelyn, Laurie and Bailey walked in first after their shopping.

"We bought desserts." Bailey said showing us the bag. "Ice cream cake."

"That was not needed, but thank you so much." Dad said. I introduced them to Dad.

"How can we help?"

"We are almost done." Dad smiled.

Dad put all the foods on the dining table. I lit up some scented candles. There was nachos with home made dipping sauce, salads, roasted chicken and toasted garlic shrimp and lasagna with mixed vegetable. Dad made a lot of foods and it smelled delicious.

Jay, Alex and Braydon came soon. They bought flowers and wine. I have no idea how they purchased alcohol and I didn't want to know either.

I put the vase down on the table near the window. It looked beautiful.Dad was super happy to meet all of them. Theo was the last one to come with a basket full of things.

He apologized for being late. Dad thanked everyone for the things they brought.

We all started to eat and they all complimented him for his cooking and he smiled, lovingly.

We shared jokes and they shared their memories of them growing up here. Halfway though our dinner, the bell rang.

"Are we expecting anymore guests?" Dad asked.

"No." I said and stood up and walked to the door.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Thank you for your support ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 6.6K 45
|not edited| "You have to take off your clothes and look sexy." "Wait what??" "Did you think modeling was easy? ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Acting al...
4.1K 342 50
"Please, come back to me." "I never left." *** Clara Carter, the troublemaker of A...
64.8K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...