It Started With A Drunk Marri...

By nini_hiddles

Highest rank: #1 in bucket list I think I love you, already." I slurred, caressing his cheeks. "Then let's ge... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Eight

97 4 0
By nini_hiddles

A/N: So sorry for the late update 😢 I've been procrastinating like a pro throughout these days, but hey, I'm here now 🥳 Anyway, here's ☝🏻 a picture of Ivan Silver 😍 My babe Lee Pace (ehem ehem..Thranduil...ehem ehem 🤭) ON WITH THE STORY!

DAY 50 OF 90

DESIREE EVERSON

We're back at LA and I didn't do any progress today at work. I just sat on my chair and lazily stared at the view from my floor to ceiling windows.

I've been thinking about my feelings for Eric.

I smiled at the thought of him. He's been so kind and funny. It's like he just wants to live his life to the fullest. Like nothing could ever come between him and the risks of life.

"Ms. Everson?"

I broke away from my thoughts to the sound of my secretary's voice.

"Mr. Ivan Silver is here to see you." Clara said.

My smile faltered when I heard that name.

"Let...let him in." I stammered, absently fixing my blazer.

Ivan strolled in looking like a snack, as always, and smiled at me.

"Hello, Desiree."

"I..Ivan." I said, walking towards him to kiss his cheeks as a greeting.

"You look good." He commented while studying my form.

"Thanks." I blushed. "I could say the same thing to you."

He smirks and takes a seat on my office chair. He just sat there for a few minutes, just staring at me. And it wasn't like I minded at all.

"What brings you here today, Ivan?" I broke the silence, putting my hands behind my back.

"Oh yeah," he quickly sat up like he remembered something. "I'm here to take you back."

My brows furrowed.

"Take me back to where?"

He chuckled, "I meant that I'm here to take you back as my fiancé."

My world shattered into a million pieces causing me to stumble a bit on my heels.

"I beg your pardon, what?!" I slammed my hands on the desk.

He stood up and paced around the office.

"Remember when I broke up with you? Well, the reason was my dad was finally going to hand the family business to me."

He paused and looked at me with an unamused smirk.

"I was really ecstatic and I knew that I couldn't have you distract me from it. So, I had to break up with you."

My glare was so strong, it could drill a hole into his handsome face.

"Unfortunately, mom and dad are getting hesitant to give me full responsibility due to me spending the money 'unwisely'."

"So, they told me that if I could get you to marry me, they would finally give me full responsibility over the company."

"I'm guessing that's the catch already?" I started crossing my arms.

"Bingo." He pointed. "No woman loves me more than you do, Dee. I can still hear those voice messages you left me. How desperate you were for me to take you back. Well, I'm here now."

My eye twitched at him in annoyance.

"No, Ivan. I'm not taking part in your stupid game."

"And why's that?"

I gulped, trying to figure out how I'm gonna tell him that I'm married.

Oh fuck it, I'm doing this.

"I'm already married." I blurted out, flashing him my gold wedding ring.

His smirk dropped and he took powerful steps towards me.

"I don't believe you." He growled.

"Well, you should." I shrugged. "You're not part of the picture anymore."

"What does he have that I don't? A dick that's two sizes bigger? Balls that are so huge that they drag across the concrete?"

That snapped the last twig in me.

I didn't know what I was thinking but I definitely slapped him hard across his pretty face. I swear, I heard his jaw crack.

"Don't you ever disrespect my husband ever again! He's a better person than you'll ever become!" I exclaimed. "You are not welcome in this company ever again! I'll have you put in the black list."

I immediately pressed on my intercom. "Security here in my office right now!"

"You think I'm afraid of you, you little bitch? Don't you remember? My father's company is the largest investor of your company. If I told him what you did to me, I will have him break his ties with you."

My eyes widened. "But...that means..."

"You'll go bankrupt." He smirked.

I glared at him, "I can't marry you, Ivan! I just realized that I don't love you anymore! This is the reason why we always fought! You're such a fucking control freak! You corner me between a choice that I don't want!"

"You know that one day, you'll come crawling back to me. Where you know you're the safest. No one knows you better than I do, Desiree. You know that." He smirked. "I'll let the opportunity stand. I'll wait for your final decision."

Before I could reply, security barged in my office.

"Please..escort Mr. Silver out of my company. Make sure that he doesn't lay a single toe in here again."

With that, a smirking Ivan was escorted out of my building.

I collapsed on my chair and cried until I couldn't anymore.

———

It was already around 4 PM and I'm lounging here at a bar. I'm already on my 11th drink.

"Another one, please." I said to the bartender.

"You sure, maam?" He asked concernedly.

I glared at him for a few seconds and then bawled my eyes out.

"Uhmm..maam? Can I help you? Oh my gosh, I'm not paid enough for situations like this." He kind of whispered the last part.

"I'm sorry," I sniffed. "I'm just on the brink of bankruptcy right now and...gosh, my ex is terrible."

I placed my cheek on the counter top, facing the bartender with bloodshot eyes.

"Yeah, tell me about it." He sighed. "Exes aren't always the best people to hang with. They say they still love you one second and then throw you in a trash can the next second."

I scoffed and shook my head. "Yep, you got that, Sherlock."

"My name's not Sher—"

"What are we talking about here?"

I jumped at the sudden interjection of Eric who was behind me this whole time.

"Eric! What are you doing here?" I sat up and fixed my disheveled hair.

"I went to your office and you weren't there." He frowned, wiping away a string of my saliva that was sticking to my cheek. I blushed madly.

"Clara told me that you mentioned about a bar that was a few blocks away from your workplace before you left. Now, here I am." He smiled triumphantly.

"Aawwee!" I cooed, pinching Eric's cheeks. "Isn't my husband the cutest guy in the world?" I turned to the bartender with a ridiculous smile on my face.

"With no due respect, maam and sir, I believe that I'm the cutest guy in the world." The bartender got into a superhero stance and puffed out his chest with a smolder on his face.

I glumly frowned at him. "What's your name?"

"Frank Wieners." He raised a brow, getting curious.

Eric was starting to chuckle quietly on his seat as I handled the bartender, who was also an amusing douchebag.

"There's a hot dog stand across the street. Would you like me to dump your head there?"

He scoffed and started wiping some glasses with a dry cloth.

"Just because my name is like that, it doesn't mean I'm part of the hot dog family, maam." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Blame your parents for choosing that name."

I grabbed Eric's hand and led him out of the bar.

"Have a bad day too, maam! Don't come again! Oh, you can also forget about that drink you wanted!" Frank yelled back at us.

"Woah, I didn't know what happened back there." Eric laughed.

"Me too, I was tipsy the entire time." I giggled and latched myself onto Eric's back. He was now forced to give me a piggyback ride.

"Where to now, maam?" He imitated a horrible British accent.

"To my car, which is parked back at the company, dear sir." I slurred happily, nuzzling my nose into his neck.

Gosh, he smells like an expensive perfume from Bvlgari.

When we got to my car, I turned to him with a serious look on my face.

"Let's go skydiving."

He grinned so widely, it could destroy Cheshire Cat's career.

"Let's!"

That's basically the beginning of how I fucked up my stomach.

———

"ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!" The professional skydiver yelled at Eric and I inside the noisy airplane.

I was already strapped onto a professional skydiver, just like Eric, so we're all good to go.

"3, 2, 1!"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

I was screaming my head of the entire time, but in the middle of the dive, I was enjoying myself. The view of LA from a bird's point of view was definitely breathtaking.

"ARE YOU ENJOYING THIS?!" Eric yelled as he tried to imitate a flying squirrel.

"SOOOO MUUUUCH!" I yelled back with a thumbs up.

"WOOOHOOO!" Eric screamed.

Then, I did the most unexplainable thing I could ever do as a tipsy woman.

"I LOVE YOU, ERIC HOROWITZ! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND I DON'T CARE IF WE STARTED WITH A DRUNK MARRIAGE! JUST KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

Eric was grinning from ear to ear.

I was expecting a reply but before he could say anything, my stomach acted up and I vomited my lunch and 4 PM drinks.

———

"That was a great experience." Eric commented, fiddling with an orange from my fruit bowl.

I was wrapped in a comforter in my living room while drinking a latte that Eric handmade for me.

"I guess it was." I gave him a small smile.

Eric smiled and walked up to sit beside me on the sofa.

"Did you mean everything you said?"

Okay, he's starting to get serious now.

I blushed and nodded my head at him.

He smiled warmly and took my hand. "I love you too, Desiree."

I choked back happy tears and stared into his beautiful eyes.

"I've fallen in love with you, Eric, and I'm not gonna do anything about it."

He grinned and leaned in to lessen the space between our lips.

"I've fallen in love with you ever since I caught you in my arms at the bar when we first met, Desiree." He declared, brushing his lips across mine.

"That's a bit cliché, ya know." I whispered, giggling lightly.

"But it's absolutely true." He concluded before kissing me with so much love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547K 14.3K 33
COMPLETEDâś… When 2 drop dead gorgeous heirs are forced into marriage, what happens? They more or less figure out that there might be side effects to t...
2.8M 79.8K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...
1.8M 81.3K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
55.5K 1.9K 111
I'm starting to think that I am cursed. Let me tell you, if this is not cursed, I'm not sure what is? Husband number 1 ran away with his maid on my...