A Chance At Happiness {COMPLE...

By avid_read_write

"I regret to inform you that we could not save your wife's life, she was a brave woman she fought it till the... More

DISCLAIMER
HER
HIM
A Usual Day
Meet With Cousin
Rakesh's Mess
Impending Doom
The DOOM
Her Apartment
Last Rites
PS: I Love You Both
Amusement Park...
The Meeting...Decisions...Friends
Convincing And His Decision
Torture a.k.a Party
The Sunday...
Restless Night
Restless Day & Planning
Shopping & D-Day
Advice & Frustrations
RECEPTION
Consequences
Prank War
Expectations...
Stop It...
Surprise...
Hiking & Talking
No-Confidence & Mess
Mess becomes Messier
Author's note
Mess becomes Messier (Nirvana POV)
Karma Is A B****
Saturday
Feelings & Decisions
Departure....
Deal & Surprise
Yes & Studio
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Bonus Chapter 1.

Regrets and Fun

2.1K 97 10
By avid_read_write

I was sleeping peacefully until I wasn't because I heard sound of my door opening and someone entering inside. I opened my eyes to see Karthi.

"Karthi, Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes, Can I sleep with you?" He asked.

"Hop in," I said lifting the duvet.

"Maasi, what happened to you? why were you like that yesterday?" He enquired.

"I am fine darling, You know how you get sick when you drink milk sometimes?" I asked.

"Yeah" He replied

"Just like that, I get sick when I drink alcohol" I answered.

"Then why did you drink it?" He questioned.

"I didn't know I was drinking it champ" I answered.

"Can't you mix magic juice just like you mix into my milk so that you are not ill anymore?" He asked seriously showing his age even though he acts as if he not a child.

"Next time I will mix magic juice into my drink also, Okay" I answered amused.

"I was so scared, I thought you were leaving me just like mamma left me," He said.

"Oh!!, Sweety, I am sorry I worried you, I will not leave you champ"  I replied.

"Promise?" He asked with so much hope in his voice that I almost lost my voice.

"I promise" I choked out.

"You won't leave me even if I call you Nirvana instead of Maasi?" He asked requiring assurance.

"Nope" I replied kissing him on his forehead.

"You won't leave even if I call you Ma?" He asked with uncertainty.

"No, I will be here right next to you whenever you need me" I replied with a firm voice so that he could understand that I would never leave him.

"Now, sleep, You have school tomorrow," I said.

"Good night, Nirvana," He said testing the waters.

"Good night darling, Sleep well, I will be right here when you wake up," I said assuring him.

It was when he slept and tucked his head under my chin I realized I married Karan for this darling boy to take care of him. But I also knew somewhere deep in my heart I yearned for someone to love me unconditionally like I loved my parents and Karan gave me that without even second-guessing my character, without asking anything in return for himself.

I realized I knew the seriousness of an allergy but they didn't. I can not fault them for their ignorance. It was supposed to be a prank, Maybe they didn't know what would happen to me, Maybe just maybe I overreacted.

I mean Yes they knew I was allergic but they didn't mean any harm by it. I can forgive them for that. I think I also have to apologize for the way I reacted without giving them a chance to justify themselves.

I woke up to see Karthi playing on my phone. He was so involved in playing sub-way surfers he didn't even notice that I was not sleeping anymore.

"How did you open the lock?" I asked curiously startling him.

"Your finger was right on the pillow, I put the phone on your finger and it opened," He said as if he is explaining to a 5-year-old.

"Okay, Rule no. 5: We do not touch other people's stuff without their permission" I said seriously.

"But, you were sleeping," He said.

"Even then, You should wait for me to wake up or you should wake me up and ask permission because you were using MY phone," I said softly.

"Okay," He said dejectedly.

"Now, let's go shower," I said.

We entered the dining area to see everyone present already.

"Good morning," I said.

"Good morning" they replied.

"Nirvana, I wanted to apologize again for what we did" Maanav started.

"No, It's okay, I forgive you, I also wanted to apologize for overreacting and blowing up the situation out of proportion, I hope you can forgive me," I said.

"Well you are forgiven, Can we all go back to how we were before this incident happened?" Sonali asked.

"Yes but," I said.

"What?" Nihal asked.

 "I am so going to prank you all the whole week and trust me, you are going to regret even thinking of pranking me" I joked.

"Oh... It's on dude...Prank war...Let's split into teams" Nihal said.

"Fine with me, Choose your team with care Nihal, I don't back out from a prank war" I challenged him.

"We will be captains, Choose your team," He said.

"Karan," I said.

"Akhila," He said.

"Karthi," I said.

"Aadhira" He said.

"Maanav," I said.

"Bua," He said

"Keep me out of this, I can referee if you want," Aunty said.

"Okay then I choose Uncle," He said.

"Sonali," I said.

"Aunty is the referee, We start tomorrow, You are so going to regret this," Nihal said.

"Game On, dude" I further goaded him.

"Guys, Meeting today at 8:00 PM my room," Nihal said sniffing in my direction and taking his team out of the room.

"Let's plan in my room," Maanav said looking at our group.

"No, Let's do it in mine, No one can enter my room," Karan said.

"Okay, As soon as everyone comes fresh up and go to Karan's room, Get some prank stuff when you are coming back home," I said into our group huddle.

"What do I get? How do I help?" Karthi asked.

"You champ are going to be our executioner, I will buy your prank stuff too," Karan said.

"Okay, I will meet you after my shift," I said and left saying bye to everyone.

I reached the hospital in record time. I was so excited to go back home. I think people could see my excitement on my face because they kept asking if everything was alright.

I finished my surgery and went to lunch with Raghav and explained everything to him. 

"I will help you, just tell me what you need, I will get you under the guise of hospital documents," He said.

"Yeah, That will be helpful but..." I was saying when chair was pulled out.

"Hi," Rohan said.

"Hello, How may I help you?" I asked curtly.

"I need your help," he said looking far from the arrogant prince he was the other day.

"with what?" I asked seriously.

"I have some reports, I want you to look at them and give me your opinion," He said handing over the file.

"Is this all you have, There is missing data?" I said after reading the file.

"I know, I will get the other data as soon as I can, But what can you give me from this," he begged.

"Heart transplant as soon as possible," I said.

"Oh...I thought as much," He said.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah...Yeah...Don't worry" He said.

"If there is anything else I can help with..." I said trailing off.

"No...I will get your opinion again when I get further data...I still don't like you" He said giving me a straining smile.

"The feeling is mutual then..." I teased back smiling.

"Thank you for this," He said and left.

"What was that?" Raghav asked.

"I think the patient is someone he cares so much that he could place his feud and pride away," I said.

"I hope he finds a solution," Raghav said.

"Yeah...me too," I said looking at Rohan's back as he left the cafeteria.

I left the hospital after all my consultations and went to the shopping mart and bought all the prank stuff.

A/N: 

Who do you think is going to win the Prank war?

Will Karan and Nirvana form a close bond through this prank war?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.4K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
1.3M 90.5K 66
COMPLETED ✅ #1 in indianlove on 6/5/21 #1 in india on 26/6/21 #7 in romance on 26/6/21 Opposites Attract? Maybe! This is a story where two total...
62.7K 1.8K 25
"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck you without your will, what do you say?" H...
6.5K 541 8
A short story. Two People. Ex-bestfriends. One is a doctor, Another is the hospital MD. She can't wait to shoot him with words, he can't stop her...