A Timeless Place

By TheNightMarauder

Meet Kitty Proud, a wallflower who prefers to blend into her background. Ever since her mom died, she had rec... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 - Part II
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Part I
Chapter 13 - Part II
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - Part I
Chapter 15 - Part II
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Part I
Chapter 18 - Part II
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Part I
Chapter 42 - Part II
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - Part I
Chapter 44 - Part II
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 - Part I
Chapter 51 - Part II
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Part 1
Chapter 60 - Part 2
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 5 - Part I

521 31 6
By TheNightMarauder

Sir Smirks-A-Lot to the Rescue

"So what do you think?" Eli twirled around in front of my mirror. She was wearing a little black lace dress that reached just below mid-thighs. It had a three-quarter length see-through patterned sleeve. 

"You look great," I mumbled distractedly, still engrossed in the book I was reading. I was lying flat on my stomach on my queen sized bed with a book propped up in front of me while Eli was preparing for the party. 

"Kitty, I need to look good tonight!" Eli stressed, running her hands through her hair. 

I sighed, put my book down and looked up. Eli looked stunning, as always. Her jet black hair was stylishly curled for tonight and not in its usual straight style. The curls elegantly fell past her shoulders, complementing her ocean blue eyes, always making them brighter and somehow even bluer. They also complemented her skin, giving her pearl skin colour a flattering shine. The setting sun was slowly darkening the room and her eyes were a dark blue, making her that much more stunning. She was wearing simple, black stilettos with the dress. Eli always had that elegance in anything she wore that I could never pull off. 

"You look beautiful, he'll swoon at the sight of you," I smiled at her. I did feel a slight twinge of guilt in saying this, knowing that Jordan liked her. 

She squealed in excitement. "You know, you really should get dressed, we're leaving soon." 

"Oh," I replied, looking down at the jeans and woollen jumper I was still wearing. "I was hoping I already was."

"Don't be silly, this'll look good on you," she pulled out a deep red V-neck dress that reached just above my knees. I went into my closet and changed quickly into it, throwing on a stone encrusted heart necklace and black high heeled boots. 

"Yay! You look good," Eli winked from my dresser, bending close to the mirror to re-apply mascara.  

"Remember, it's your night. No hooking me up," I threatened her, grabbing eyeliner and re-applying it. 

"I'll make no promises," she winked, dabbing a little blush over her cheeky smile. 

"The stuff I do for you," I sighed dramatically.

"Oh, don't lie!" she beamed. "I know you're excited, too. We haven't been to a party in a long time." 

"Because you got drunk and passed out in the toilet at the last one?" I suggested, smirking. "And you wonder why I don't let you out in public places."

She playfully shoved me, "Oh god, that was so embarrassing!" 

"Good thing we didn't see Jared after that," I laughed at the memory. 

"I give you permission to slap me if I do anything embarrassing at this party." 

"Deal," I grinned.  

-

"Wait, so why're we dressed up for a regular party? We usually go casual-dressy," I asked as we finished up and locked the front door behind us.

"Well Mathew thought it'd be fun to dress nice," she replied. 

"Right, Count Dracula isn't accustomed to the casual dressing of the current generation," I gave a serious nod. 

Eli laughed in response, her good mood was evident- it just shone from her. Eli was always easy to read, her emotions always palpable. 

"Remember, don't call him Dracula to his face. He's sensitive about his Widow's peak hairline."

"Roger that," I saluted her. 

She rolled her eyes, "Let's go! Prince Charming awaits!" 

The party was in full swing when we arrived, all the lights on inside both levels of the house and the sound of music was blasting through every window. I could even hear it half a kilometre away.  

"Little party?" I raised an eyebrow at Eli. She beamed at me, angelically. "You said, 'little party'!,"I rolled my eyes as she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the house before I could make a run for it.

The living room was packed with people. The couches and tables were pushed to the walls of the room where several people sat, talking and laughing at some told joke. Others were dancing in the centre of the living room. Huh, so Dracula really did make everyone dress up. Most girls were wearing dresses, a girl dancing very suggestively up against a guy was wearing what even looked like a slip-on night gown. I gave Eli a dark look, longing for my study desk at home. She gave me a smile, dragging me to the kitchen in search of Dracula, no doubt.  

There were about half a dozen of people in the kitchen. There was a table with a keg of beer and some snacks. Four people stood off to the side, talking and eating snacks. Three people leaned against the kitchen counter, conversing and laughing. I stopped dead in my tracks, pulling Eli to a stop. She looked back at me questioningly. I pointed at the kitchen where Wes stood leaning back against the kitchen counter, his arms folded against his chest. He was wearing dark grey pants and a dark purple dress shirt, rolled up to just under his elbows. The shirt sat comfortably on him, tight in just the right areas where his muscles flexed. He was talking to the person standing on his right who was, unmistakably Dracula. Dracula was standing upright, a drink in hand and smiling at Wes. Wes then indicated to the person on his left, Jordan, who was wearing blue jeans and a dark grey dress shirt. 

"What are they doing here?" Eli asked, curiously. 

"Stalking us, maybe," I cringed, trying to pull Eli away from direct view of the doorway. 

"They definitely know Mathew, though," she frowned, looking at the three boys talking. They were still engrossed in their conversation to have seen us. "Let's go and say hi." 

"Oh, no, you go on ahead, I'd rather not have another run-in with Mr. Smirks-A-Lot," I protested, drawing my arm from hers and walking back into the living room. She laughed at my comment and walked into the kitchen. I quickly ducked to the right of the doorway out of view in the hopes they guys wouldn't see me and - 

I crashed head first into someone and was overbalanced. 

"Woah, are you okay?" a voice said, male, as he placed his hands softly on my upper arms, steadying me. 

"Ahh, yeah, thanks," I said, looking up. The guy looked to be just a few years older than me, twenty maybe. He was tall with warm beige skin and brown hair. He had that sexy looking stubble beard going on.  Sexy, indeed. 

He kept his hands on my arms as he glanced down at me.  

"So what's your name?" he asked, smiling at me.  

"K-Cathy," I replied hesitantly, trying to pull away discreetly. However, his hold was firm and unyielding. 

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," his hazel eyes sparkled in the lighting overhead. He slid his hands down my arms slowly until he was holding both my hands. "Dance with me." 

"Sorry, I don't dance," I replied, trying to withdraw my hands. Again, he kept my hands locked into his, softly. His smile widened.  

"I insist," he replied, huskily and pulled me towards one of the corners of the living room. He was certainly a charmer. He knew how to get his way easily. Easily forced, to be exact. 

I looked back towards the kitchen. Eli was standing there with Dracula, a drink held lightly in both her hands. She was beaming as they conversed. Jordan stood slightly to the side awkwardly, looking on. He was not in the conversation exactly, but was within hearing range. I felt a pang of hurt for him, looking on as the girl of his dreams flirted with another guy. I frowned as I noticed that Wes wasn't there. 

The guy tugged at my hand, drawing me closer. I turned my attention back to him. 

"My name's Max, by the way," he said, placing both his hands on my waist as we swayed to the music. 

"Nice to meet you," I responded, wishing this night would just be over already. It wasn't that I didn't like having fun at a party, or hooking up with guys. It was just that I didn't like unfamiliar places, parties full of unfamiliar faces and people who said what they needed to say for the moment to get their way, not meaning any of it. 

"Not as nice as it was to meet you," he whispered, ever so slightly tightening his grip on my waist. There you go, fake niceties. Oh, how they annoyed me. 

I smiled slightly in response, not wanting to reply and lead him on. 

"So how about we go somewhere else," he said, looking me in the eyes. It was not a question. His eyes were darker from this side of the room, the light throwing his face into a dark shadow. See, I told you. The guys just said what they needed to to get a girl for just this party, they'd forget all about the stuff they said by tomorrow. Or in a few hours.

"No thanks," I replied, already pulling back from him. "I should go find my friend, I promised to stay with her tonight." 

"I can invite a guy for her," he said, pulling me back. 

"Sorry, I'm really not interested," I said curtly. 

"I can change your mind," he said huskily, pulling me to him. I fell against him as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"Let go," I said, really annoyed now.  

"I'm sure you'll be moaning the exact opposite soon," he said in a low voice in my ear, his right hand roughly combing my hair back as his lips brushed harshly against my ear. His left hand trailed down my arm, down my hips and rested at my ass. I felt cold wherever he touched me, like ice spreading from his skin onto mine with every contact. 

I raised my hands up, about to shove him away when a hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder from behind, shoving me away from Max and against someone else. Someone warm. I looked up and saw Wes. He had one arm wrapped around me and was glaring at Max. 

"Back off, Max, she's with me," Wes said in annoyance. 

"Sorry, man, I didn't know that," Max replied, raising his hands up in defense. 

"Don't make that mistake again," Wes curtly nodded at Max before grabbing my hand and pulling me with him to the side towards the kitchen. 

I pulled my hand out of his and crossed my arms over my chest, stopping in my tracks. We were just outside the kitchen, standing a little on the right below the staircase leading to the second floor. Eli and Dracula were the only two in the kitchen, laughing and talking in their own little world. They were standing only inches apart, Eli's fingers lightly tracing his shoulder. Jordan was nowhere in sight. I pulled Wes under the staircase, out of view. Tonight was about Eli after all, Eli hooking up with Dracula. Wes raised his eyebrows at me. 

"I could have handled that by myself," I said, frowning at him. 

"Oh yeah, you were doing wonderfully fine on your own," he replied sarcastically. 

"I was just about to push him away when you came and interrupted." 

"I interrupted?" he said in disbelief. "Although I must admit, it looked like you were having a good time there." 

"Why do you care?!" I demanded. 

He was silent for a second, looking at me. It was dark under the staircase. Shadows fell against Wes' face, highlighting the angles of his cheekbones. His eyes were dark grey, his pupils dilated with the lack of light here. 

"You shouldn't let sleazy guys take advantage over you so easily," he replied quietly, his eyes fell down to look at my dress. I quickly crossed my arms over my chest consciously "Especially while wearing something like that." 

"Oh, because you're any different," I laughed, a short incredulous laugh. 

"I don't take advantage of girls," he replied seriously. "Despite what you may believe, I'm not a sleaze-bag." 

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Like I said, I was fine on my own." 

He sighed and combed a hand through his hair in frustration, "You really don't know how fragile you are, do you?" 

I looked at him weirdly, "Just how much did you drink?" 

"I'm not drunk," he said, looking at me seriously. "My point is that don't be an easy target, okay?" 

"Wes, listen," I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I can handle myself, so relax." 

"Really," he gave me a pointed challenging look, eyes glinting in the darkness. 

Just then he grabbed my hand resting on his shoulder and pulled it around the back of his neck. My back hit the wall behind us as he pushed us back. My breath caught as he moved closer to me, pressing his body against mine. 

Just steaming things up, you know. ^.^
~ TheNightMarauder

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 90 23
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
96.7K 5.1K 31
"Will you just shut up" !!!!! I shouted loudly turning towards her ,she was literally getting on my nerves now "Don't you dare shout...
1.8K 66 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...
41.8K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...