Innocent Prisoners | COMPLETED

By esssea

"In a room that held the most dangerous men, stood an angel." ~ Daisy was a beautiful, naïve daughter of a pr... More

Innocent Prisoners
prologue
chapter.1
chapter.2
chapter.3
chapter.4
chapter.5
chapter.6
chapter.7
chapter.8
chapter.9
chapter.10
author's.note
chapter.11
chapter.12
chapter.13
chapter.14
chapter.15
chapter.16
chapter.17
author's.note
chapter.19
chapter.20
chapter.21
chapter.22
chapter.23
epilogue
SEQUEL: Innocent Runaways
thank you

chapter.18

43.6K 1.4K 440
By esssea

back with a bang! triple update!

(tw)

daisy

She had lost count of the amount of days since her and Seth had talked. While it felt like weeks, it could've easily have been days.

He'd made a point to avoid her at every opportunity, only making her more confused about the situation. She was worried it would be painful to be around him, but he wouldn't give her a chance to experience that as he was actively trying to spend as little time with her as possible. She'd rather take the pain than not seeing him at all.

Daisy had unfortunately gotten used to him sitting a few seats away in the canteen, quickly and quietly eating his food in an eager to leave. Levi and Nate were awkwardly put in the middle like two children with divorced parents.

Luckily, Seth kept to himself so the boys would still accompany her around the prison. It would've made the whole situation a lot worse if the innocent little prisoner was left to fend for her self without her usual protective bodyguard.

She wondered if he would actually care if something happened to her.

"Oi. He's looking at you again."

She frowned as Levi said this and mumbled, "you don't have to say that every time he's in the room."

"But it's true," he insisted. When she ignored him, he pouted like a child saying, "I just want you to know he still cares."

"Then- then why did he break up with me? Why is he giving me the silent treatment and why does he hate me?" She almost screamed the words in his face but refrained in doing so, knowing that the other prisoners didn't need to see her having a mental breakdown.

Heartbreak is so overwhelming.

"Ok, relax. You're being dramatic. He didn't break up with you and he definitely doesn't hate you."

"But he is giving me the silent treatment," she replied moodily.

Nate hugged her to his side and kissed the side of her head warmly. "Just give him time, sweetheart."

Perhaps he was right. Seth was an emotional person, evident in his frequent mood swings. So maybe when the anger and jealousy disappears, his judgement wouldn't be clouded. Maybe then he'll listen to her explanation and actually believe it.

Daisy had a little hope. Or maybe she was just delusional and it was all wishful thinking.

Either way, she wasn't giving up on her Seth.

She glanced over her book to sneak a glance, only to find him already looking at her. Neither looked away but where her gaze was more longing, his held more disgust and resent.

Suddenly, a large round belly broke her gaze. Dave was looking down at her with worry, making her stomach churn at the thought of what he was about to say. Surely it wouldn't be too awful. There wasn't much more misfortune Daisy could take.

"Sorry Daisy. You're switching cells," he said.

She immediately stood up, almost outraged. "What? W-why?" She shouted up at him. It was extremely difficult to feel intimidating when everyone was so much taller. Taller, buffer and a lot more capable of throwing a mean punch to name just a few of the reasons.

He frowned, looking upset to see her in such a state. "I don't know. The Governor just said take you to your new cell."

"No no no no there has to be some sort of mistake. Daisy's done nothing wrong why would she be moving?" Nate said, pulling her to his side protectively, ignoring the loud bell that signalled them to go to their scheduled work or lessons.

"That's correct she hasn't done anything wrong." After a moment of them staring at him, silently pleading for answers, Dave gave one look at Daisy's large doe eyes and sighed. "All I can say is someone wanted her moved and it was in everyone's best interest to do so apparently."

Daisy immediately knew who it was. A quick glance across the room presented Seth leaning against the wall with crossed arms and a look of approval on his face. She knew it was time to admit defeat.

Her and Seth were no more.

~~~

It was a long quiet walk to Daisy's cell, soon to be her old one. Her finger wringed with anxiety while she wracked her brain for ways to greet her new cell mate.

Though she'd miss her Seth terribly, it would make the situation a lot easier to handle if it brought her a new friend. She supposed a change of scenery might be welcomed, even if all the walls were the same.

Inside her room was empty - emptier still without the sound of her giggles as Seth tickled her. Playful torture he liked to call it, where as she would simply call it torture.

Her usual mess of blankets and pillows were on her bunk too. Despite her mothers usual tellings off, she was never one to make the bed. Seth's singular pillow was on the top bunk as he insisted on sleeping away from her no matter how much she cried for cuddles. At the time, the apparent break up was nothing but words for the naïve girl.

He silently forced her to take his blanket. No matter how many times she threw it loosely over his large body, she woke up when both their blankets on tucked around her, always making her think he couldn't be that mad at her surely.

Oh how she was wrong.

It was painful and quite impossible to sleep in a cold and dark prison and even worse yet without protective arms and the man attached to them. Maybe any other time she wouldn't have cried like a baby, begging for cuddles but Daisy couldn't help it when the fear and lonliness crept in the room like a thick fog.

She gave herself the pass for looking like a clingy girlfriend. Well, ex-girlfriend now she supposed.

She picked up her books and threw the on her thin blanket, leaving the other cover on Seth's bed. She contemplated taking the cow stuffy but the painful reminder was too much. Her toothbrush was her only over belonging and along with her pillow, she wrapped everything up creating a sad little sack.

"O-ok, I'm ready," she said to the prison guard, with a timid smile. Daisy put on a pretence of happiness, falsely hoping that it would transform her mood.

They silently walked to the mystery new cell, leaving the scared girl in her own thoughts. She wondered if she'd have a cell mate or if she'd be alone. If there was a cell mate, could they be friends? Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if she kept a positive mindset.

Most people were now in their rooms, while the stranglers walked around her, making her careful not to trip over her own feet. The large blanket parcel made it difficult to even see them.

It was only a few cells over, not that far from her original one but far enough for it to feel completely foreign to her. No Seth in sight.

To her relief, there wasn't anyone in the cell and if she did have a cell mate, he was very tidy. There wasn't much signs of life apart from a nearly put together bottom bunk.

She forced a little excitement about being a top bunker.

"Ok little miss, I'll leave you too it then. Go to your lesson when you're done settling in," Dave said firmly and then left.

There wasn't much to settle in. Her belongings were limited so after putting her little toothbrush by the sink and tossing her bedding on her bunk, she was done.

She decided she'll feel better after her lesson when she's surrounded by people. Even if they were random prisoners, they were always entertaining during a boring literacy lesson.

Only when she walked in mid lesson, the awkwardness Daisy was feeling heightened her anxiety about the whole day, making her wish she had gotten there faster.

It went quick but slow at the same time. Her thoughts full but also empty.

"Daisy?"

The teachers concerned eyes drilled into her, zoning her back into reality.

"Are you ok, Daisy? You're quiet today, more than usual," she said, rubbing the girls back comfortingly.

Daisy just nodded solemnly.

"Ok, if you say so. Try not to let boys get to you. I know there are a lot of romance books in the library that provide a good escape. But don't forget where you are ok. It's unlikely to find your sole mate in prison."

It seemed like the woman was just trying to give her some hard truths. The advice, although unwarranted, was maybe something she needed to remind herself.

"But don't worry because you'll be out of here before you know it and then you'll have all the time in the world to meet the right tall, dark and handsome nice boy," she finished with a reassuring smile but Daisy frowned at the emphasis on the word nice.

Her Seth was the nicest person she knew. Or at least he was. There was never anything wrong with his niceness.

Not wanting to carry on the conversation, Daisy just nodded again. Noticing that everyone had already left, she sat up, signalling she was leaving to the lady and left to go to her new cell not knowing what would await her.

A man is what awaited her.

The words tall, dark and handsome quickly came to mind. He was doing sit ups on the floor like she was used to Seth doing and didn't stop when she stood at the door, surprised to see the sweaty stranger. A familiar stranger. But a stranger nonetheless. It frustrated her that she couldn't put her finger on exactly where she's seen him before.

"Cute little thing aren't you," he panted between sit ups, beads of sweat dripping down his chest.

Daisy blushed and mumbled a hi before scurrying to the other side of the room, wondering how to tackle the climb to her bunk.

He made her nervous but no where near the same level of nervous Seth made her feel. Seth made her feel shy with fuzzy feeling in her chest. This guy just made her want to hide from his piercing eyes that didn't leave her small frame.

She tried to ignore him, eager to hide herself under the covers as soon as possible. With one foot on the ladder, the guy at what seemed like lightening speed rushed uncomfortably behind her and pushed her up with his hands planted on her butt. "Let me help you out there," he sniggered.

The action made her squeal and scurry away. She stared at him in fear. "You can't d-do that!"

Raising an eyebrow with a smirk, he said, "I was just helping you."

Her eyes were wide and her bottom lip trembled as she felt a cry threaten to escape. "Why do I always get myself in these situations?!" She thought, angry at herself despite it not being her fault.

Knowing it would be a waste of breathe responding, she just lied down and pulled the covers up to her chin. She was on high alert, extremely conscious of the weird man in the room.

She didn't know what his intentions were. Perhaps it was innocent and he was in person so long that he forgot that it wasn't a social norm to help woman up by grabbing their bums.

But somehow, Daisy could tell the man knew exactly what he was doing and from the look on his face, he also knew what he wanted to do to her too.

Seth's once loving voice rang in her head, while it used to be full of possessive paranoia, it was now her voice of logical reason that she should not fall asleep with this man in her cell.

However, if Seth was there, he'd know his sleepy girl would've exhausted herself from the anxiety and fear and passed out within an hour.

~~~

Hands were on her. Why were there hands on her? Did Seth come back? No. They broke up.

Daisy woke up with a start but didn't jolt up as she was held down by heavy hands on her chest. Her burly cell mate was touching her cheek, looking into her eyes with a false love, a manic lust.

A scream ripped from her throat and her arms thrashed as hard as she could to get the stranger away from her. He covered her mouth with his hand and reached his head down to nuzzle in her neck, muttering threats in her ear.

His words were terrifying and but his voice alone induced a paralysing fear she had never felt before. Hearing the words he was saying and the low animal tone in his voice, he recognised this man. This man was often around Frank.

She became hysterical at the realisation, knowing what a man like this would be capable of. Pure determined desperation came off him. Disgusted from his touch, she bit down hard on his hand, biting her own lip in the process but she didn't care. Though he didn't move off her, the distraction provided an opening for her to free one of her legs.

She successfully kneed him aggressively in the groin and screamed again for help. Luckily, it was the afternoon and everyone was in their cells, in hearing distance of the man's pained groan and Daisy's muffled cries for help.

Quickly, there was a commotion outside. The doors were open and people were there trying to get in or just watching she didn't know. She couldn't see anyone, eyes clouded with tears held tightly shut in fear of seeing the monster's revengeful face.

She braced herself for her punishment but it didn't come. Instead, the weight was roughly lifted off her and thrown onto the floor with a series of violent attacks.

The sound of fist and feet breaking bones encompassed the room. It made her cringe into herself but the relief was evident when she shakily peeked over the edge of the bed to see Seth's rage covered face.

A mixture of yells still barely reached her ears. Daisy could hear muffled demands of the guards to stop, mixed with questions on what happened and cheers for Seth to keep going.

The loudest of them all was Seth saying over and over again, "I'm sorry, Angel. I'm so so sorry." He didn't even say anything to the man that he was battering. Fists still flying, he seemed in a completely different world, zoned out as she trembled where she sat.

Only when the guards came closer and reached the bunk to try and get her down, did her head whip to the uniformed men and a panic stricken scream rip through the prison halls. They all immediately backed away and a few cheers died down to look at the girl in a mixture of concern and shame.

Daisy scrambled off the bed and ran as fast as her short legs could take her, the guards weakly attempting to stop her. They knew they shouldn't allow her to leave. But, it was a unique, messy situation and they realised the girl needed time alone while they needed to sort out the mess of a man that was left behind, if he was still alive.

Thankfully the showers were empty. She wouldn't have noticed if they weren't because her sore eyes only saw the dark corner of the room when she planted herself there and began to release all the emotions she was feeling, recounting the painful events.

She tied to contain her violent sobs as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks, replacing the old ones as they fell. The slightly wet floor was cold and uncomfortable under her butt as she hugged her legs to her chest, wanting to be as small as possible. She felt like she was downing and floating at the same time. The memories replayed vividly in her mind as if it were happening all over again and she could do nothing to stop it. 

Loud footsteps came running towards hers, increasing her rapid breathes as they came closer. Her head was tucked into her knees and only when hands grabbed her wrists, did she look up. Daisy screamed and tried to yank her hands away from the tight grip.

"Shhh. It's just me, Angel. It's just me." The soothing, husky voice calmed her immediately, as if she was put under a spell. As her heart rate slowed to it's normal pace, the familiar scent filled her nose and she immediately hugged his waist, nuzzling her face into his chest.

He pulled her onto his lap so she could hug him in a more comfortable position and as usual, his arms wrapped around her small body, comforting her with just his presence. He rocked them back and forth soothingly and whispered calming things in her ear.

"You're safe. I promise, you're never going to be hurt again. I'll protect you." His words were dripping with sincerity and despite the advice of everyone around her, she trusted him so she believed his every word.

~~~

Thank you for reading!

You can read Chapter 19 early on Inkitt for free now!
I've wrote an extra chapter (Chapter 20).
It's available on Good Novel! :)

WORD COUNT: 2913

Much love <3

~~~

support me on patreon.com/esssea

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 6.4K 42
Originally "My girl." NOT EDITED⚠️ "You love hugs Don't you?" "Only yours." - "You know, if you wanted a kiss you could've just asked, princess."...
543K 12.4K 44
❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his chest and smiled. ❝I don't know, but I'l...
8.1M 256K 78
[BLOOD AND BOND BOOK #1] 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫...
2.6K 91 6
- F I U F A M I L Y S E R I E S N E X T G E N - book four, can be read as stand alone. It's very clear to see where Ace Bishop gets his hockey skills...