Are You Afraid?

By Death_by_Book

Sophie Newlun used to believe there were monsters hiding in the dark, but she grew up. But what happens when... More

Introduction
Chapter One: The Promise
Chapter Two: The Brokehearts
Chapter Three: The First One
Chapter Four: The Newcomer
Chapter Five: Lucas
Chapter Six: Nightmare
Chapter Seven: Jared
Chapter Eight: Jewel's Letter
Chapter Nine: I'm Not Afraid
Chapter Ten: This Has to be a Dream
Chapter Eleven: A Werewolve's Temper
Chapter Twelve: Mommy Jewel
Chapter Fourteen: Are you dead? Am I?
Chapter Fifteen: Failing at a Normal Life

Chapter Thirteen: Succubus

117 6 0
By Death_by_Book

"You believe me now, yes?"

"Why am I here? Where's Jewel?"

"This isn't Jewel's mind, it's yours."

"So I'm in my mind." I sigh. "Great, I am crazy."

"Not crazy, your just different."

"Explain to me why I'm here. I thought Jewel was trying to get me to remember my vision to find Al." I cross my arms, watching as her eyes start to bleed.

"That is why you're here, to find the vision about your brother. Remember though, what you saw will always happen." I nod.

"Just please, I need to find him." She nods and turns, walking away then I realize a hallway forms around her and in front of me. I look down at my feet to see a path had formed under my feet. "Whoa."

"Hurry now, Sophie." I look up, jogging to catch up with her. We walk down the hall and I see picture frames, all empty. "Not empty." I look at the back of her head and notice then that her hair is red instead of black like I dye mine. "These are your memories. Watch." I stop and watch one of the frames and gasp when a scene of me playing in the backyard as a kid with Jewel and dad shows up. "This is the Hall of Memories, scenes of your past are stored in the frames. But what you want is not here."

"Then why are we in here?" I ask.

"You wish to see your vision again, yes?" I nod. "Then trust me and follow." I look back to see the hallway vanishing as we walk. I jog to catch up with her, look at the frames as we pass. "Here." I look at a door that materializes in front of us. "Here is where you will find the vision you seek." I look at the door, then back at her.

"Well?" I ask.

"Open it, and walk in. Only you can open the door to your visions."

"But aren't you me?" I ask, confused. She smiles at me.

"I may look like you, dear child. But I am truly your ancestor, the first to receive our family's Gift. My name is Sophia Levant." She curtsies.

"What? But you look exactly like me." She nods.

"Actually you look like me, but today is not the time to talk about our family. You must re-see your vision to save your brother. The future is in your hands, choose wisely."

"Wait! I have questions!" But the other me, I mean my ancestor, vanishes."The future is in my hands, huh? Thought the future was unchangeable." I look at the door in front of me, taking it in.

The door is old, and there's an engraving of some sort of picture. I can't tell though, it looks worn down. I look down the hall, then behind me before I look at the door and place my hand on it. I push, and the door opens slowly. I walk in, looking around to see more black nothingness. I turn around to look at the door, but it's gone. I turn back around and take a step back in shock. The nothingness changed into a dark room. I blink, and I'm no longer standing but laying on my side. I hear water dripping, but I'm not wet. I feel myself shiver as a door opens up.

'I don't want to be Al.' I think and my vision changes again.

I'm looking down at Al laying on the ground, bound. I still hear water dripping somewhere nearby, but now I can see everything better. I realize it's a basement when I see the dirt walls and concrete floor. A door opens, and I turn towards it, noticing the old stairs and door. I watch as Missy Brokeheart walks down the stairs slowly. I look down at Al to see him trying to press against the wall he was cowering against.

"Hello Albert." She says in her usual quiet voice, but there's not sweetness to it. "I'm sorry it came to this, but you left us with no choice. You should have came with me freely, we could have avoided all of this. I am sorry, Al. But I am so terribly hungry and you look so yummy." I see her eyes as she leans towards my brother. They're gold, not blue. Al jerks away from her. "Still fighting? I do wish you'd make this easy for me." She looks sad, but I also see a beast over lapping her own face.

"Missy, stop playing with your food. Just hold him down like I've showed you." I look towards the new voice before I can determine the features of the beast's face.

I feel myself pushed out and on my butt in front of the door. I watch the door shut and shiver at the sight I'd just seen.

"The vision ended." I say aloud to myself.

"Did you learn what you need?" I look at the other me, Sophia, my ancestor.

"I think so. But how could I change my point of view during the vision? And how come-"

"Not now child, your running out of time. I am sorry that I can't teach you more now, but it is time for you to wake up. Wake up Sophie." Everything starts to fade.

"Wake up Sophie." I blink and look at Jewel's eyes. I look at Jare and Lucas who stand behind me, then look at my dad who stands behind Jewel. "Are you alright?" I look at Jewel, realizing it was her who had spoken. "You meet Sophia didn't you?" I nod.

"Yes, and after I safe my brother, I'm asking questions." I stand up, looking at Lucas. "I know where he is, but you're taking me with you."

"What? No-" He tries to protest but I shake my head, knowing I need to do this.

"I need to go, Lucas. If you don't take me I'll go by myself, and if you try stopping me then Al will die."

"Wait a second!" We look at my dad. "What the hell is going on!? We're sending the police, not you kids!" I feel my shoulders sag, looking at Jare and Lucas before I start talking.

"Dad-"

"You kids go, I'll explain to Darrel about our world." I meet Jewel's eyes, and for once I am grateful that she's there. "Go, save Albert."

"Thank you." I look at Lucas and Jare. "Let's go." I walk out to my car, going with or without them.

"Wait, Sophie." Lucas grabs my arm and I look at him. "This is to dangerous for you."

"I have to agree." Jare speaks up for the first time since I went in my mind. "Sophie, your not a fighter." I shake my head.

"I don't care. I need to go or something bad will happen." They meet each other's eyes as I climb in the car. "Are you coming or not?" Lucas jumps in the back as Jare gets in front.

"Are you sure?" Jare whispers to me, taking my hand and squeezing it. I nod.

"Yes." He nods and I start my '79 Station Wagon, pull out and head towards the Brokeheart's. "They were in a basement, and Al was bound." I park in front of the house, then look at Jare. "Missy isn't really adopted is she?"

"What?"

"Al told me that Missy's parents died and that Ms Brokeheart had adopted her."

"That's right." Jare says with wide eyes.

"Does that mean she might not be a Succubus?" We look at Lucas.

"She might be, but if she's adopted then they may just use her." Lucas admits.

We're silent for awhile before I climb out and stare at the house. They follow me as I walk to the door and knock loudly. An older lady answers the door and I see Jare take a step back, taking my hand and squeezing. The old lady smiles.

"Hello children, may I help you?" She sounded innocent enough, but I recognized her from Garfields. I glare at her, and Lucas goes to step in front of me but she speaks before he gets a chance. "I guess I shoulnd't act so human in front of you three should I?" Lucas takes my other hand and squeezes.

"No, we know what you are-" Lucas starts.

"Lucas stop." I look at her. "I just want my brother back, I don't care what you are or what you think about me. I just want Al back." She stares at me, her eyes going gold.

"You're his sister, the Oracle." She doesn't say it like a question, but I answer.

"Yes, I am. I know Missy has him, and I know Ms Brokeheart is with them in a basement."

"I see, well I do not know of the whereabouts of your brother, my granddaughter, or daughter. I quite hunting after my husband died, he was the last man I ever absorbed and that was his choice to let me absorb him over the years we were married." She says the last part to Lucas, then looks back at me. "I am, as you mortal humans say, retired."

"But you're daughter has not, she's the one who stole Al." I say, but she shrugs.

"I do not know what my daughter does, she is her own woman after all. I told her that I would not tolerate her hunting under my roof though, her or Missy. I do not want hunters to be the ones to end my long life." I chew my lip. "I wish you luck on finding your brother.' She goes to shut the door.

"Wait! Do you know where Ms Brokeheart would go?" She opens the door and looks at me, deciding.

"You are young, Oracle. You still have no control over your own powers, yes?" I don't respond. "I am old, and am tired of my life. I only live because of my daughter and granddaughter."

"Then tell me this, is Missy a Succubus?" She stares at me, her eyes fading to normal.

"No. She is human." She shuts the door and locks it. I stare at it, then look at Lucas.

"Missy is human, it's Ms Brokeheart that's kidnapped Al. You're not to hurt Missy."

"She's helped her mother-"

"I don't care. I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I want my brother safe. You won't hurt her." I head back to my car, dropping Lucas' hand and drag Jare to my car.

"Are you alright?" I nod. "Sure?"

"Jare, before you asked me what you were to me." I look straight ahead, but feel his eyes on me. "You're my best friend, you're my anchor, you're" I turn and look at him, "mine." He smiles, leaning down and kissing me. My heart swells and I nearly forget about Al being missing. "Let's go." I get in the car, and he gets in the passenger side. I look at Lucas, still standing there. "You coming?"

"No." I nod.

"Fine." I look forward and drive away.

«^-^»

Jare and I drive around town, looking for the place in my vision. It's hours before I groan in frustration and pull over.

"Damnit! How the hell am I supposed to save him if I don't know how to find him." I cover my face with my hands, and Jare leans over and holds me. "I need to find him." He pulls me into his lap.

"Tell me what you saw." I sigh.

"The walls were dirt and the floor was concrete. There was some water dripping and it was cold, there were old stairs and a door where light shined through." I recite, feeling like I was there.

"Dirt walls?" I nod. "The only place I know about that has a basement with dirt walls is in those old factories."

"What?" I look at him with wide eyes, sliding into the drivers seat and start driving. "Seriously?! Why didn't you say something about that earlier!?" He shrugs.

"I don't know, I guess I didn't think about them."

I groan and drive all the way to the Factory Area of town. I slow down, driving at a coast pretty much as I look at all the abandoned factories. I remember there being a light coming through the door Missy opened in my vision, so I search for a light. I could tell that it wasn't a natural light, but where is the light? Then I see it and stomp on the brakes and throw my car in PARK and jump out, I run around the car and run into the building, hearing Jare right behind me as a scream that nearly kills me rings loud and clear.

"Al." I whisper and start running again.

I feel Jare right behind me as I run towards the scream. A shadow flies over me and I hear Jare shout something as I get pushed over violently. I skid across the floor as a cold wind chills me to the bone. I roll on my back, looking up at towards the ceiling.

"So you found us, Oracle." The demonic voice from the woods sounds. I look around, trying to find the source of it as the lights go out. "And you brought your pet. How adorable."

"Sophie!?" I hear Jare yell, as a dark shadow tackles me and picks me up. I cry out in pain as I feel claws dig into me. "Damn you bitch! Put her down!" I hear the beast in Jare's voice and I want to comfort him, but the pain from the claws caused me to be tongue tied.

"Are you afraid Oracle? Did you see your future before you came?" I clench my jaw when I hear that damn question.

"No, I saw yours." I somehow managed to say and reach in my pocket.

"I didn't think you'd be such a pain my ass, but I never realized your were an Oracle till Missy got Albert to spill. I should have figured that out when I saw the picture of your mother in your room."

"You were the one who tore my room to shreds." I try to look up at the face of the Succubus, but she had me so I was looking at the ground. I could hear wings flapping if I tried hard enough, but not feathery wings. "You broke my pictures and tore the door off the hinge."

"Actually, I only in your room. That damn wolf tore the door off the hinge when he smelled me. Nearly ripped my wing off too, but if not for him your room would have been untouched other than the pictures."

 You mean Micheal?" She hisses at the name. I find the thing I wanted in my pocket after slowly slipping my hand in my pocket. I grip it and slowly pull it out. "You know, I knew you guys were a bunch of sex bitches." I reach back and spray at what I hope was her face. I hear her scream and I feel myself falling. "Jared!?" Then I feel some arms catch me and I open my eyes to look up at Jare's blue eyes.

"Are you alright?" Jare asks me, the beast still there. I nod and he puts me down and gets in front of me.

"Where you at bitch!?"

"Go find Al." I shake my head. "Go Soph, trust me. I can handle this bitch." I stare at Jare, my best friend, the one guy I can always count on. The guy that calls himself a beast all because of his father and that monster Micheal. I want to run over to him and hold him and even kiss him, but I turn and run away towards the scream of my little brother. "Come on you bitch!" I hear Jare roar and I know that the beast has reared his ugly head.

"Be careful." I whisper as I run through the factory. I stop and look around when I realize it's gotten dark. "Al?" I whisper, feeling like I'm in a horror film with the killer about to jump out and, well, kill me. "Al, can you hear me?" I don't hear anything and look for the door that I've only seen in my vision. I walk slower, then turn and head back towards the light when I hear a creaking that sounds exactly like the stairs from my vision. I turn around and see a flash of gold eyes. "Missy?" Then I remember what the old woman-Succubus-had said. Missy wasn't a Succubus. "Missy why do your eyes flash gold like a Succubus'?" I don't see her, but I feel her stalking around me. Reminding me of the time in the woods when Jare had circled me, when the beast was threatening to come out because of the new moon.

"Ms Brokeheart knew a way to change me..." I hear her voice, and I know she's behind me. "I didn't want to be this demon." Her voice falters. "But mom-I mean Ms Brokeheart-forced me so I wasn't a human anymore. She hates humans." I don't move. "I don't want to be this."

"Then don't. Be like your grandma."

"She's older, able to control herself. And since I wasn't born this way, it's harder for me." I hear the silent but and wait. "Ms Brokeheart told me to finish the transformation, I'd have to absorb the life force of a guy."

"So you're not fully Succubus yet?"

"...No. Not yet."

"So Al is alive?" I hear the hope in my voice and feel the smile on my face.

"I don't want him to die, I really do like him! I never thought she'd have me-"

"Is Al alive?" I ask, turning to look at her and nearly screaming when I see her.

It's much like with Jare when he's in his other form. Only she's ugly, not fuzzy. Her skin is pinkish and looks nearly like dry rubber. Her hair is nearly all out, only a few tufts here or there on her head. Her clothes are tattered and dirty and I see rubbery skinned wings folded up behind her back. I notice claws growing on her hands and claws shredding her shoes. She's no longer that beautiful girl she was that first day in the hall, now she's beast. A Succubus.

"Barely." She says, looking away from me. "I heard you and left him-"

"Where is he!?" I get in her face and grab the front of her tattered shirt, feeling her lift off the ground slightly. "Where the hell is my brother!?" She stares at me, and I see fear in this monster's-this girl's eyes as they fade to blue.

"He's down there. I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt him." Black tears fall down her face, and they remind me of oil or black goo. "Please save him." I let go, pushing her as I run towards the door and throw it open.

"Al!?" I scream as I run down the old stairs to a still figure. "Albert!?" I get on my knees and slowly reach towards him. I roll him on his back, feeling how cold he is, and pull him on my lap. "Al open your eyes." I whisper, cradling his head like I did when he was little. I feel tears, salt water tears, slide down my face. "Open your eyes and show me that you're alive." He doesn't stir. "Albert?" I swallow. "Al? Al open your eyes." I start shaking him. "Albert Mick Newlun open your ****ing eyes now! Please! God damnit!" I shake him and hear myself screaming at him. But I feel it in my gut that he's dying, know that he doesn't hear me. "You can't leave me." I whisper, laying my head on his chest. "You can't die before me, you're my little brother. My little boy."

"I'm so sorry." I raise my head and turn in one motion and glare at Missy Brokeheart, sliding Al back on the ground gently then standing and striding over to her and punching her in the face, hearing her nose crack and break.

"You ****ing bitch! This is your fault!" I scream at her.

"Sophie." I turn and look at Jewel, hatred in my eyes directed at her. "Calm down." I see her holding Al in her lap like I had just been doing. "He's not dead, but he will die unless you help me."

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I scream at her.

"I asked her to come when I realized where my daughter was." I look at Mrs. Brokeheart, see her look at her granddaughter. "I see you haven't finished the change. That's good, that means this boy is still alive and that you have not committed murder. But only if we can save him."

"What the hell are you talking about!?" I scream at her too.

"Missy, help Jewel and lend your strength to get young Albert to Darrel's car."

"My dad is here!? And you expect me to let you show him Missy in this form!?"

"Sophie, I explained to your father about this world you live in now. Now go find Jared and tell him it's time to go."

"Soph?" I look at Al as he mumbles my name. "G-go." I feel more tears fall and nod stiffly, turning and running up the stairs to the open door. I hear fighting, screaming, and smell blood.

"Jare!?" I yell, not seeing him. "Jare where are you!?" I walk slowly, looking for the source of the sound of fighting.

"You idiot bitch, coming back here." I don't have time to react as someone pushes me into the wall. Everything goes black.

Again.

~Picture of a Succubus~

*Video dedicated to Succubuses everywhere!* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 97.1K 74
Swallow is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchase. When Mildr...