Just Like Elijah

By trashofsilver

Losing somebody you love is one of the most heartbreaking things ever. And, something exactly like this happe... More

Author's Note
1. Pain & Him
3. Past & Him
4. His Pictures & Him
5. Decisions & Him
6. Family & Him
7. Jealousy & Him
8. Chivalry & Him
9. Texts & Him
10. Dinner & Him
11. Moods & Him
12. Happiness & Him
13. Dates & Him
14. Pecks & Him
15. M&M's & Him
16. Our Picture & Him
17. His Family & Him
18. Ice Creams & Him
19. Counting Days & Him
20. Movies & Him
21. Elijah & Him
22. Sunflowers & Him
23. Feelings & Him
24. Love & Him
Author's Note

2. Realisation & Him

1K 151 573
By trashofsilver

🎶Heart of Stone - Iko.🎶

Do vote and comment.

"Elijah?" I whispered.

I kept staring at the person, who looked just like the guy who I was in irrevocably in love with.

Just like the guy, who was no more with us.

Just like Elijah, who wasn't there with me anymore.

No, it wasn't possible at all. I was there when they buried him. I saw his body. This couldn't be him. Such thoughts kept rambling at the back of my head as I continued staring at the gorgeous human being with my lips parted.

Was he the guy Max kept warning me about? Several thoughts were jumbling up in my mind like a tornado.

He looked just like him, but the few things that clearly differentiated him from Elijah were his voice and eyes.

Elijah had electrical blue eyes whereas this guy right here, in flesh and blood had green. His voice was way more husky than Elijah's, but other than that — they looked the same.

Was somebody playing with me?

I just wanted to run away.

"I'm really sorry. Are you hurt?" he questioned once again and I couldn't find myself replying to his question, and so he continued. "You look a little pale, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I- I really didn't mean to,"

The pain in my elbow was nothing compared to the pain in my heart at that moment. The realisation hurt me a lot. He wasn't my Elijah, he was somebody else. A lone tear fell down from my eye without my permission.

After so long, I wanted to cry my heart out.

I couldn't even believe my own eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't cry!" he was on full panic mode by now. I took a deep breath and with a shaky breath I tried replying to him.

"I-Its-" I couldn't find myself to speak more. I let out a sob.

I mentally cringed at my at my own voice. Gosh, this wasn't supposed to happen.

I didn't even know what I was supposed to say. I just knew what I was feeling. A lost puppy.

"Hey, hey!" He bent down on his knees and wiped my tears with his fingers.

This action might not mean much to him but for me, it was everything.

It was like Elijah was back again, in flesh & blood. "Please forgive me. You came out of nowhere, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you or else I would've tried to avoid this from happening." he rambled.

Of course, he was nervous and if I were in his position, I would be panicking too.

But deep down, I was hyperventilating.

Was I about to pass out?

I took a deep breath. "I-It's fine. I'm okay." I couldn't recognise my own voice myself. It sounded so hurt..shallow. Full of pain.

I tried standing up, and with a lot of efforts, I achieved my goal.

My elbow hurt a lot but I didn't let it show on my face.

I picked up my bag and started walking towards my locker without saying anything else to him.

Because I knew. I knew that looking at his face again would just urge me to hug him and never let go.

"Hey, wait!" he called out for me and soon, was beside me, walking with me.

"It's alright. You don't need to do such formalities anymore. I'm completely fine." I spoke in a polite manner.

God, he looked so much like Elijah.

"No, I'm really not talking to you because of what happened earlier," he said and I looked into his way.

"Then?"

His cheeks turned a little pink. "I'd like for us to be friends. It may sound a little bit weird after just what has happened but I'm genuinely sorry for hurting you."

"I don't think this is a good idea." I replied immediately and his eyebrows rose up in shock.

Being friends with a guy who looked just like the person I used to love wasn't a good idea.

"Why?" he questioned as he scratched the back of his head.

"Um, I don't know." I replied straightforwardly.

As tempting as it was for me to be friends with him, I knew that I couldn't.

"I want to be your friend. You seem like a really good person." he threw a smile at my way and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"I would've said yes to be your friend but you look exactly like the guy who is no more in this world." I wanted to say this and make him back off but it would be plain rude and I didn't like being rude to others without a particular reason.

"I don't know.." I didn't even know his name.

"Then why not? Let's be friends." He shrugged as he continued. "My name is Noah, I'm in senior year and I've just transferred here from Nixton High. What about you?" he introduced himself as we reached my locker.

"I'm Blaire."

"Blaire..It's a beautiful name." he complimented, making me smile softly at him.

Elijah used to say the same.

"Thanks." I whispered and as I opened my locker, I hissed in pain.

I held my elbow with my other hand and groaned. I needed to go to the infirmary immediately.

"Hey, are you alright? Is your arm hurting? Let's go to the infirmary." Noah said with a look of concern clearly showing on his face.

And soon, I found myself sitting on the infirmary's bed with my elbow all bandaged up.

It was sprained, and luckily I had to keep it bandaged for three weeks.

Noah was there throughout and I couldn't understand a few things; Why was he still there?

Why did he want to be my friend?

He could've just walked away after apologising?

What was wrong with my damn heart?

"El- Noah, you should go to your friends now. They must be waiting for you." his name slipped out of my mouth. It wasn't my fault that he looked exactly like him.

"Are you sure?" he hesitantly questioned as if I would judge him for going back to his friends after hurting me.

"Yes." I gave him a smile which he immediately returned.

"I'll see you soon, Blaire." He stood up from the chair which was placed right beside the bad and walked out of the room, finally leaving me at peace.

"He looked just like him, Gracie," I groaned as I put my head down on the table.

Here's a note — crying helps. Cause it surely helped me.

"Yes, hon. When I saw him, I thought I saw Elijah's ghost to be very honest but when the teacher mentioned that he's one of the transferred students I was relieved," She let out a sigh and continued.

"He looks a lot like him and I'm sure even the other people were as confused as me." Gracie spoke while slurping her drink, making me sigh.

"But the fact that makes me more shocked about myself is that I didn't react that bad as Max was expecting me to be." I muttered and Gracie's eyes propped opened at me in shock. Yes, Max was Gracie's long time crush.

"Max said what?" she questioned and I chuckled at her reaction.

"He asked me to stay strong after what I'll be seeing or more like who I'll be seeing. I'm just mad at him at the fact that he didn't clearly tell me about him and just warned me."

"Why did he say that to you?" she murmured to herself and I frowned.

"Maybe because, he cares about me?"

"Right. What's his name though?" she questioned and I thought about his name.

Noah. His name suited his personality after what I had observed till now. I might be wrong about him but being his friend was not what I was planning.

"Oh, it's a nice name! But will you actually be friends with him?" She chewed on her fries while wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Um, I don't think so, Gracie. Being friends with him will take a lot of efforts for me to stay and always think he's not Elijah." I sighed and she nodded her head at me.

Nobody understood me better than her.

"I think you should not be friends with him. What if he'd do something to hurt you? Then you'll come crying to me." she smirked and I looked at her blankly.

"What? I'm being honest here." she stated in her defence and I decided to ignore her.

"Do you still love Elijah though?" she questioned and I smiled softly at her.

"No, he's just in my heart now, Grace. I've moved on just like most of the people do eventually."

"Then I think you should stay away from him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
1.4M 29.3K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
3.2M 81K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
268 19 12
This story is a remake of 'Unexpected Romance'. It's a friends to enemies to lovers Romance. The main characters; Ethan and Noah have known each ot...