Loathed Treasure

By FreshRawRot

Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter on... More

Note
Chapter 1: Face to Face
Chapter 3: Cold-Blooded
Chapter 4: Adventure
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6: Destiny
Chapter 7: Lady Angel
Chapter 8: Worries
Chapter 9: Undead
Chapter 10: Surging
Chapter 11: Whole
Chapter 12: Pampered
Chapter 13: Gift
Chapter 14: Emerging
Chapter 15: Rise
Chapter 16: Stalemated
Chapter 17: Deceived
Chapter 18: Issues
Chapter 19: Encounter
Chapter 20: Debut
Side Story: The Maid and The Knight
Chapter 21: New Start
Chapter 22: Gone
Chapter 23: Lies
Chapter 24: Redemption
Chapter 25: Trickster
Chapter 26: Fame
Chapter 27: Charmed
Chapter 28: Grand
Chapter 29: Obsession
Special Extra: Bidding
Chapter 30: Conflict
Chapter 31: Frick
Chapter 32: Bloom
Chapter 33: Peace
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Familiar
Chapter 36: Relations
Chapter 37: Entrance
Chapter 38: Recognition
Chapter 39: Misery
Chapter 40: Despair
Chapter 41: Change
Chapter 42: Retribution
Chapter 43: Journey
Chapter 44: Cleave
Chapter 45: Fin
Author's Note
New Fanfic
Peek-A-Boo

Chapter 2: Meeting

16.7K 637 235
By FreshRawRot

~Athanasia POV ~

Oh my god, this is crazy! I fear for my life while he calmly drinks his tea. Why are we here?!

"What's the problem, darling?" He asked me. Your behavior is the problem! "Don't like milk?"

"N-No" I lift up the cup with my shaking hands. "I love milk!" I smiled and drank the milk with pleasure.

Before all of this, I was just scribbling in my room until he teleported me with no warning and I thought my heart stopped! He set up a table full of desserts and refreshments for us to bond?! This is basically kidnapping! He really is a psycho!

"I'm glad. Huhuhu" He grinned at me before drinking his tea.

How can you be like this after you kidnapped me?! "T-Thank you, sir," I looked away and sip my milk.

He gives me a frown."Do you want to go back home?" Yes! I would like that very much! "And I thought you would like to spend more time with your father" You're not even my dad!

"No! I wanna stay with papa!" I need to kiss up to him so he doesn't kill me. Now I gotta avoid being killed from two emperors! "I like being with papa!" I giggled.

"Be honest. Do you really know who your father is?" He gives me a cold look.

Did he see through my act?! A roll sweat slid down the side of my face as I stared at him in shock. Wait a second. "You are my papa and I'm your daughter!"

I laughed hoping he believed me. I'm still five so he'll have to either way!

He leans back into his chair with a blank mind. "Hmmm." He stares at me in boredom.

I gotta entertain him now?! And if I don't, will he kill me for being too boring?! Whatever, I got a plan! "Can I have what papa have?"

"... This tea?"

"Yes!" It actually looks quite delicious.

"... Well, you have to earn it first." He grins at me. What does he mean by earn?

- A few minutes later -

"Teleport from here to that tree, then you'll earn your tea" He chuckles at me and SIP HIS TEA RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!

Is he training me?! Is that why he wants me as his daughter?! Because I can wield magic?! But it was never mentioned in the novel that Athanasia can use magic! For christ's sake, I only happened to use it once and now you want to do it on command?! He really is insane!

But if I don't do it, he'll just exterminate me for being useless! God, how did I do it again? All I did was panic at that time. Wait, panic!

Ok, now I got it. Just worry about my current situation right now and then I will teleport. Think about disappearing or else death will come. I shut my eyes tight as I thought about a random place.

Disappear!

SWISH

The atmosphere felt different than before. I opened my eyes to see myself inside my own room! Which meant it worked! I jumped up and down in excitement knowing that I can finally use ma-

KNOCK KNOCK

"Princess! It's time for your lesson!" Lily opens the door. I stopped jumping and looked at her in confusion. How long was I outside?

"Ok! Let me finish this drawing!" I told her and she closed the door. Then I heard a tap from the window and looked over.

He was standing outside all cheery and thoughtlessly. He signaled to come over and I looked at him through the window with a bright and bubbly face. "Daddy! Daddy! Look, I managed to go back to my room!" I excitedly said. Are you proud of me yet? Am I adorable now?!

"No, you didn't. Sorry!" He said it straight to my face without even thinking about my own feelings. Good thing I have a mentality of a 20-year-old!

"I did it because Lily was coming to check on you and if she didn't see you there! You would get in trouble!" He said, "So you may thank your papa for 'saving' you" He brushed his hair back while staring at the sky with such arrogance and pride.

This scumbag! He acts so high and mighty! "Thank you, papa! I have to do lessons now! Bye!~~" I waved goodbye before running out of my room.

Hopefully, I won't see him again!

~ Anastacius POV ~

I watch her through the window while sitting on a tree branch outside. When will she ever learn to control her magic again? Sigh. I'll just have to be patient for now since she's only five.

While using magic to eavesdrop on her lesson, she's quite a very smart young girl regardless of her age.

Then I thought of her happy face that she gave me. That face is irritating. I clenched my chest with my hand. How annoying.

"Hmmm. What should we do next?" I stared at her reading and writing.

Wait, I have an idea now.

*TIME SKIP* - Many Days Later - ~ Athanasia POV ~

I sipped my milk and stared at him in disbelief. What am I doing with my life?....

"Don't you want any desserts?" He smiled at me in pleasure.

I'm still five! If I eat sweets, I'll get sick in the stomach! But I do want chocolate...

"No thanks, papa!" I grinned. "As long as I'm with Papa! I'm happy!" I drink my cup of milk.

When will I stop drinking this?! I want something else already!

"Well..."

*Pop!* Everything turns into bubbles.

"OOF" I fell to the ground on my butt. I lift myself up and rub my butt in pain. He gives me a grin while I return it in fury. Should've warned me first you scumbag!

"Well, teatime is over!" He claps his hands together. "Now your lesson begins!"

NOOOOOO!!!

*TIME SKIP* - Weeks Later - ~ Anastacius POV ~

"Hmmmm" I stood on a tree branch and watched him sleep on the couch when there's a freaking bed next to him. "He really is a monster"

Then let's have a look at this "Diana". I teleported myself into his room and suppressed my murderous intentions with the help of Athanasia's mana. They really are father and daughter. It's too bad... That she's mine now.

I walk within his presence and is already attacked by his powerful magic. What can I expect from a mere limb? I took out a strand of Athanasia's hair and used it to fight against the force.

"Tsk." I have a limited amount of time since I only have a piece of her. However, my body still feels very heavy as if weights are on my back pushing me down to the ground. Such a surprising tactic from Claude. Is he really that scared to die?

I manage to get close to him sleeping peacefully. If I still had intentions to kill him, then I would've been shredded apart by his magic. But for now...

'Let's take a peek into your memories shall we?' The corner of my lip curved into a grin.

I use a memory spell and put it on the tip of my finger before lightly tapping it on his forehead. My body reacts to the spell and I look up at the ceilings in shock.

Suddenly a light in the center of my vision appeared and got brighter and brighter. Until I saw nothing, but all white. Seems like I'm in his mind or him actually but where is she?

Multiple images flashed in a split of a second in my eyes. Then finally she appeared. Coming from out of nowhere, wearing one of those dancing's clothes. She was an angel descending from the heavens. She came closer and closer to me and clearer and clearer to my eyes. However, she vanished before I could even see her face!

Why?! Argg! What is this painful feeling inside of me?! I hold onto my heart and endure the pain until I get what I want!

However, darkness came in from behind and consumed the void that I was in all of a sudden. It meant that there was nothing to see anymore. I shake my conscience back to reality and quickly lift my finger before teleporting out of his room in a hurry. I landed on the rooftop and took a deep breath. That process was really tiring and dangerous! It could've killed me!

I catch my breath and rest on the roof and stare at the stars. While thinking about what just happened to me in Claude's mind, a funny thought came to me. I let out a laugh about how pathetic he was.

"It all adds up now" No wonder I felt pain in his memories. Diana was a very precious and important person to him. When he lost her, he grieved for her and experienced the pain that I just had. Therefore, he used dark magic to erase her from his mind completely and today is the last day that he'll ever remember her.

"Ah! You really are weak and unfortunate, Claude." I chuckled at his state.

Now I know a torture method for him but first...

I really am curious how Diana looks and how alike Athanasia is to her?

As I flew around the ruby palace where Athanasia stayed, I noticed one familiar figure sitting by an open candle while handing some papers through the window.

It was Lily, the nanny.

"Hmmm." I watched her. "What made you sacrifice your life to take care of Athanasia?"

She definitely has an image of the beautiful Diana burned into her brain.

Then she blows out the fire to go to bed. It's time for another memory adventure.

End of Chapter 2

AN: There is too much online stuff that I am unaware of but I'll try my best to update as much as possible.

|Word Count: 1669|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 421 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...
187K 5.4K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
36.1K 1.1K 21
A few years have past after Athanasia inherited the crown. Athanasia is loved and cherished by the people in the continent and the late Emperor, Clau...
99.9K 2.6K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...